Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Tunisia tensions boil over as teenager dies in riot

(Read 64534 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Tunisia tensions boil over as teenager dies in riot
     Reply #30 - January 11, 2011, 03:15 PM

No, it wasn't like that.  You know when you have a messenger window open with someone and inside that window if you are viewing via webcam you see them, well it was like that.  I could see him from my end as if I was having such a conversation.  At his end, in the same messenger window instead of seeing me he was seeing my desktop live just like you would if you had remote access but he didn't actually have any control he could only watch and it was definitely live, it followed exactly what I was doing, even as I typed replies to him in messenger.

He has normal messenger.  I was there a few weeks ago and used his computer, there's nothing sinister on it and anyway he is not computer savvy at all.

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #31 - January 11, 2011, 03:16 PM

is he using the famous chinese QQ messanger? That can allow him to control your screen even if you have no webcam. It is like screen shots and it is called remote access!

(Clicky for piccy!)

ETA: by QQ he can see your screen even without webcam. He can move your cursor too!  dance But I think you have to give him permission, invitation accept and so forth. maybe by mistake you pressed enter right before you see the invitation message and you clicked OK!

no its more bizarre than that - if i have understood it correctly he can see images of her room which he's showed it to her, whilst her webcam is disconnected Huh?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #32 - January 11, 2011, 03:20 PM

Maya - Did it look like the image was coming from the lightbulb or a bookcase or something?  Look around at the same place from where you were getting these images, and see if you can see a pinhole camera there.

Failing that do some research on the internet on spying activities & how to see if thats happening to you

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #33 - January 11, 2011, 03:33 PM

I still think it is a case of Remote Assistance! Not spy web cam thing. Maya says her screen is seen not her room! Right?

Reply #34 - January 11, 2011, 03:34 PM

Maya is offline, has she been terminated by the mafia now?  Run for the hills

Reply #35 - January 11, 2011, 03:42 PM

Hehe. I'm here.   Smiley

No, there's no view of anything in the room, just the screen activities.

He didn't actually have any access to my computer, it was just my screen showing up in his messenger webcam window. 

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #36 - January 11, 2011, 03:50 PM

Obviously, either it's a bug in that messenger or it let him remote assist/access you computer without invitation requests being sent and confirmed.

What kind of messenger e is using, to stop communicating with anyone using that spyware.  lipsrsealed

Reply #37 - January 11, 2011, 04:23 PM

He has the latest Windows Live Messenger for XP, Version 2009.   I have Windows Live Messenger 2011, on Windows 7 on this computer, the one I usually use.

Strange though that I've messaged with him many times and this has never happened before.  Huh?

Ok I think tonight I'll try with one of my other computers, an XP one, and see if the same thing happens, or at least I will if he still has access to messenger anyway, lol.

Thanks for the input folks.  Afro

Reply #38 - January 11, 2011, 06:38 PM

the world is on the peak of the volcano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EyGcXj84mE
     Reply #39 - January 12, 2011, 02:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRPZYjmEVe4
     Reply #40 - January 12, 2011, 02:45 PM

I heard that riots have spread to Tunis itself and about 50 people died (official sources say 24).

Reply #41 - January 12, 2011, 03:15 PM

According to news reports, the military has been deployed to Tunis :(
     Reply #42 - January 13, 2011, 12:51 AM

There's a curfew in Tunis tonight. http://www.babtounes.com/
     Reply #43 - January 13, 2011, 02:45 AM

What I don't get is the lack of media attention about the rioting!
     Reply #44 - January 13, 2011, 03:15 AM

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/spotlight/tunisia/

http://www.babtounes.com/

http://twitter.com/acarvin#

http://www.al-bab.com/blog/2011/blog1101a.htm

http://news.meedan.net/?page=search&filterby=&filterbytype=all&s=tunisia

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #45 - January 13, 2011, 02:34 PM

So any ideas as to who would win a genuinely free and fair multiparty election in Tunisia at the present time?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #46 - January 13, 2011, 03:17 PM

What I don't get is the lack of media attention about the rioting!

I'd hazard a guess that it's because of "I'll scratch your back if you'll scratch mine" agreements going on between that regime and western govts, along the lines of Tunisia will stamp on and stop any al-Qaeda infiltration in their country in return that we don't interfere in how their country is run, or something.  Who knows?  Huh?

Reply #47 - January 14, 2011, 01:31 AM

'Tunisian rioters overwhelm police near capital'

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/14/world/africa/14tunisia.html

All internet restrictions lifted and a general strike tomorrow. It looks like the regime is crumbling.
     Reply #48 - January 14, 2011, 01:57 AM

Power to the People!  Afro

Reply #49 - January 14, 2011, 03:50 PM

'Tunisian rioters overwhelm police near capital'

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/14/world/africa/14tunisia.html

All internet restrictions lifted and a general strike tomorrow. It looks like the regime is crumbling.

To be replaced with what?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #50 - January 14, 2011, 04:19 PM

Tunisia's president dissolves government says news

(Clicky for piccy!)

Tunis, Tunisia (CNN) -- Tunisian's president dissolved the country's government as protesters and security forces clashed on the streets of the restive capital Friday, state TV and sources said. President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, who announced concessions to meet grievances of many of his fellow citizens the day before in a nationally televised TV address, made the move in an effort to restore stability to the North African country. Ben Ali also will call for parliamentary elections within six months, the reports said. The government sacking comes a couple of days after the president dumped the interior minister and fired a couple of aides.

Haykal Maki, a pro-opposition lawyer who was in the throng, said protesters want a "regime change," the resignation of Ben Ali, and lawsuits addressing the regime's corruption. Tunisia has been wracked by angry demonstrations, with citizens -- angry with the government's performance -- protesting high unemployment, alleged corruption, rising prices, and a limitations on rights.

The wave of protests was sparked by the suicide of an unemployed college graduate, a man who torched himself in December after police confiscated his fruit cart, cutting off his source of income. In an address on national TV on Thursday night, Ben Ali addressed the crisis in a speech that came as street unrest percolated and a message purportedly from an al Qaeda affiliate announced its support of protesters.

He vowed to cut prices of basic foodstuffs, to lift censorship and to ensure police do not use live ammunition except in self-defense, and he indicated that he will not run again for president.

.......Ben Ali said he had asked the prime minister to reduce prices of staples, including sugar, milk and bread and said he had decided to give "complete freedom to all media outlets ... as long as they respect our values and the value of the profession."

The 74-year-old president added that he would not push to change the law setting an age limit for presidential candidates in the next election in 2014.

Reem Ben Yousef, a 37-year-old university professor, told CNN that the protesters say the ruling family has robbed citizens and they want them to depart from public life. Reem says that Ben Ali's speech was staged and was cynical about the presence of a pro-government demonstration after his speech.

"We do not believe in Ben Ali and his regime," she said.

read it all at http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/01/14/tunisia.protests/

Zine El Abidine Ben Ali (Arabic: زين العابدين بن علي‎ Zayn al-‘Ābidīn bin ‘Alī; born 3 September 1936) is the dictatorial president of the Republic of Tunisia. He has held this office since 7 November 1987. He was appointed Prime Minister in October 1987, and assumed the Presidency in November 1987 in a bloodless coup d'etat from then President Habib Bourguiba who was declared incompetent [1]. Ben Ali has since been re-elected with enormous majorities at every election, the last time being October 25, 2009 [2].

The regime he leads has been deemed authoritarian and undemocratic by independent international human rights groups such as Amnesty International, Freedom House, and Protection International. They have criticized Tunisian officials for not observing international standards of political rights[3][4][5] and interfering with the work of local human rights organizations.[6] In the The Economist's 2010 Democracy Index, Tunisia is classified as an authoritarian regime ranking 144th out of 167 countries studied. In 2008, in terms of freedom of the press, Tunisia was ranked 143 out of 173

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #51 - January 14, 2011, 10:10 PM

Ben Ali has fled the country with his family.

Arab leaders in the region are shitting themselves at how quickly this happened.

btw this is yet another example of how the internet is contributing to RL change - many of the demos were spread and organised on the internet.
     Reply #52 - January 14, 2011, 10:15 PM

Arab leaders in the region are shitting themselves at how quickly this happened

Cool  Afro

Haven't been following this story at all. The main headline on Sky News this evening about Tunisia was 'Thomas Cook cancels all holidays to Tunisia because of political situation'  Roll Eyes

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #53 - January 14, 2011, 10:49 PM

Finally people realize that nothing is impossible. Looking forward to the time when another Arab leader is dragged out of his chair  fest42
     Reply #54 - January 14, 2011, 11:17 PM

A western ally that happens to be a dictator in the muslim world (no surprise there lol) has fled  grin12 POWER to the PEOPLE!!!!
     Reply #55 - January 14, 2011, 11:18 PM

Tunisia's president dissolves government says news

Reem Ben Yousef, a 37-year-old university professor, told CNN that the protesters say the ruling family has robbed citizens and they want them to depart from public life. Reem says that Ben Ali's speech was staged and was cynical about the presence of a pro-government demonstration after his speech.

"We do not believe in Ben Ali and his regime," she said.read it all at http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/01/14/tunisia.protests/

(Clicky for piccy!)

Ben Ali has fled the country with his family.

Arab leaders in the region are shitting themselves at how quickly this happened.

btw this is yet another example of how the internet is contributing to RL change - many of the demos were spread and organised on the internet.

something has to give up., and it is good that fellow gave up., one is gone another 20 or so Islamic dick heads ruling for 15 or more years must go..

http://blog.su-spectator.com/2011/01/president-zine-al-abidine-ben-ali-flees-tunisia/

One major, recent event that helped to spark such indignation among the citizens of Tunisia was the death of a 26-year-old man on December 17th of last year. After police confiscated the man’s fruits and vegetables due to lack of permit, the young man set himself on fire. This struck a chord with many across the nation, and since then, more and more riots have sparked in opposition to the tyrannical policies imposed by the government.

Good for Tunisians, allah hoo akbaar crowd is not behind the bum...  where did he go?? I hope there is no power vacuum and people will elect quickly some sensible guy..  

Reply #56 - January 14, 2011, 11:20 PM

A western ally that happens to be a dictator in the muslim world (no surprise there lol) has fled  grin12 POWER to the PEOPLE!!!!

whose ally was that? and what did he gave to a western country??
    As of now, President Ben Ali is suspected to be in Malta, but French President Nicolas Sarkozy has refused to give Ben Ali refuge in France.

News says Army is in control...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZbFjRVHpLo

Oh My goodness what a video...  
    TUNIS: Tunisian President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali quit after 23 years in power Friday and fled the country, Prime Minister Mohammed Ghannouchi announced, saying he had taken over in the interim. Ghannouchi called on Tunisians to unite after weeks of protests and said he would respect the constitution. “I call on Tunisians of all political persuasions and from all regions to demonstrate patriotism and unity,” he said solemnly on state television.

Ben Ali fled amid mounting demands for him to step down despite announcing late Thursday that he would not seek another term after 2014. It was not clear where he was headed.

NEXT IS IRAN..IRAN..IRAN....

Reply #57 - January 14, 2011, 11:38 PM

Hope it doesn't become an Islamic republic!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #58 - January 14, 2011, 11:41 PM

Hope it doesn't become an Islamic republic!

I don't think so., there are no bearded brain dead baboons in Tunisia  unless some   army rascals import them from Algeria for grabbing the power in the name of allah doll 

Reply #59 - January 14, 2011, 11:55 PM

That's bcoz having a beard in Tunisia is illegal (I think)

whose ally was that? and what did he gave to a western country??

Errmm being an ally on the "war on terror" most likely involved in the rendition program under bush. Receiving military/financial assistance from the US. Need I go on?   
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »