Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Men-Only poll: Are Men are only after sex in a relationship?  (Voting closed: December 21, 2010, 01:32 PM)
  • Yes - 9 (25%)
  • No - 27 (75%)
  • Total Voters: 36

Topic: Men are only after sex in a relationship?

(Read 34865 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Men are only after sex in a relationship?
     Reply #60 - December 18, 2010, 10:46 PM

well if u plan the marriage in about 3 months from the time you met, maybe you'll get lucky Tongue

Haha, well, sadly marriages don't happen that fast. I don't think it'd make a good one either.

Is your grammar defective? Just askin'.

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you." - Rumi

Reply #61 - December 18, 2010, 10:53 PM

I can't speak for all males in the world but i can speak for myself and my circle of friends. I would say we all started out on one night stands and all tried to become "players", we acted as though we were sex crazed youth (which is what we were Smiley). Gradually over time most of us stopped living that life and me and most my friends just aren't interested in sex as a defining factor for our relationships, i would say we mostly seek companionship and women who are supportive and who are doing there own thing (school, career etc).

clap

Great answer. I take it as if you weren't having sex before, sex would have been a real important factor in relationship.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #62 - December 18, 2010, 11:03 PM

I guess I'd never find someone to hold off until marriage. :\

But your expecting more - how do you know you will be ready then? There's a possibility that you will want them to hold off forever.

Also why do you want to hold off till marriage?  

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #63 - December 18, 2010, 11:04 PM

clap

Great answer. I take it as if you weren't having sex before, sex would have been a real important factor in relationship.

No we weren't having sex before, once we hit 17-18 we went wild and once that wore off we came to our present views.

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
     Reply #64 - December 18, 2010, 11:10 PM

Haha, well, sadly marriages don't happen that fast. I don't think it'd make a good one either.

I got married after 2 weeks.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #65 - December 18, 2010, 11:36 PM

But you expecting more - how do you know you will be ready then? There's a possibility that you will want them to hold off forever.

Also why do you want to hold off till marriage? 

I'm old fashioned. I want to save myself for that special person. BUT, who knows, it could be my libido and the fact I rarely get periods. ::shrug::

Also, z10, are you and your spouse together?

Reply #66 - December 18, 2010, 11:38 PM

I guess I'd never find someone to hold off until marriage. :\

Why does it have to be after marriage?

I mean sure, don't put out on a first date as that would most likely signal to most men you are easy to get imo.
    But wait a few months. If the guy likes you, I'm sure he can hang on for 4/5 months

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #67 - December 18, 2010, 11:43 PM

Also, z10, are you and your spouse together?

indeed

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #68 - December 18, 2010, 11:44 PM

Why does it have to be after marriage?

I mean sure, don't put out on a first date as that would most likely signal to most men you are easy to get imo.
    But wait a few months. If the guy likes you, I'm sure he can hang on for 4/5 months

I'm REALLY traditional. Though, if I really like the guy maybe before marriage... but it wouldn't be right off the bat. I'd really have to get to know him and well all that love stuff. I never been in love, so in all honesty, I don't know what it feels like.

Reply #69 - December 18, 2010, 11:45 PM

indeed

Afro Awesome. Smiley Did you know your spouse beforehand (before you dated)?

Reply #70 - December 18, 2010, 11:47 PM

Saying "only after marriage" is like saying "in the first month or fuck off". It's like the issue of sex matters too much, it's posed as a criterium which constrains the development of the relationship.
    Why would it have to be one or the other, and not just let it be and enjoy it? Maybe you'll come to not wanting it until after marriage, or to wanting it the second month. Your and your partner's choice, not a random constraint put beforehand.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
     Reply #71 - December 18, 2010, 11:49 PM

Well, like I said I am traditional and I have issues about anyone just entering me. I honestly dunno if I want it. It sort of freaks me out. In all honesty, I'd feel better waiting until after marriage just because of how I was raised. That's why I have that criteria. (I also don't want to go on the pill.)

Reply #72 - December 18, 2010, 11:51 PM

That's a reason to not want it until ... you want it. It doesn't truly depend on a piece of paper, does it? It's not being married would make it truly more desirable, if you do not desire it.

That may make it for an unfortunate marriage, too, you see.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
     Reply #73 - December 18, 2010, 11:51 PM

I'm REALLY traditional. Though, if I really like the guy maybe before marriage... but it wouldn't be right off the bat. I'd really have to get to know him and well all that love stuff. I never been in love, so in all honesty, I don't know what it feels like.

Well, I've never been in love either but well, good luck in your quest.

If anything, when I eventually get in a relationship. I'll be the impatient one who wants sex  whistling2

Reply #74 - December 18, 2010, 11:54 PM

That's a reason to not want it until ... you want it. It doesn't truly depend on a piece of paper, does it? It's not being married would make it truly more desirable, if you do not desire it.

That may make it for an unfortunate marriage, too, you see.

I dunno. I'd feel better with the ring and paper, but that's me. Then again, I could be used and they'd only use it for the sex. I have a friend and that happened to her. She ended up getting pregnant and he divorced her. It seems like I would have to find a religious person to get this and to be honest, which I don't really want a religious person because I'm not religious.

Reply #75 - December 18, 2010, 11:56 PM

Maybe you just worry too much. Wink
    Just let it be and don't force yourself, nor your partner. Either in a marriage or sex for the sake of some pressure - of any kind.

Reply #76 - December 18, 2010, 11:59 PM

I just really don't want to go on the pill and my mom involves herself in my business and if she found out I had sex, she'd force me on the pill.

And plus, she'd tell my aunts and family members and yeah, I hate that. That's another reason why I'd really like to wait until marriage. My mom can't butt in, wouldn't have to go on the pill and it would be more traditional.

Reply #77 - December 19, 2010, 12:00 AM

What is wrong with the pill?

Reply #78 - December 19, 2010, 12:01 AM

I just don't believe in it and plus it would mess with the other meds I'm on. Unless the doctor makes me go on it (which he might because I don't get my periods anymore; I have never been regular), then I'll go on it for health issues.

I'm on antidepressants and eventually I am going to have to go on thyroid meds. My levels are really out of whack. The hormones in the pill just don't mix with them. In fact, the thyroid medicines advise you not to take the pill.

Reply #79 - December 19, 2010, 12:06 AM

In that case no doctor would give you the pill, regardless of what your mother wants.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #80 - December 19, 2010, 12:08 AM

I just feel like I have way too many health issues; it makes me frustrated.

I told the guy I like yesterday about my hypothyroidism and mentioned I was on Zoloft after he mentioned he was on it before. Is that bad?

Reply #81 - December 19, 2010, 12:37 AM

I just don't believe in it

That actually made me lol by the way it was worded.

"Only try to realize the truth: there is no spoon"

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #82 - December 19, 2010, 01:35 AM

parrot

Reply #83 - December 19, 2010, 12:30 PM

clap

The same view goes for many women.

This thread is stupid.
     Reply #84 - December 19, 2010, 12:55 PM

You can't generalise, it changes with time.

Definitely there is a stage where all a fella wants is to shag. But when you get older companionship becomes important too.

Having said that, I don't think the dog gene ever completely leaves a man.

But then, neither does the desire for companionship and security in a romantic relationship.

Shit is complex, yo.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #85 - December 19, 2010, 01:06 PM

Yeah, I heard that Billy. When does the companionship enter importance for men? I am seeking that.

Reply #86 - December 19, 2010, 01:10 PM

you can never be truly companions with a girl, if u haven't mixed the body fluids... Ok, ok, i don't wanna sound arrogant, i just think that a relationship without the erotic/sexual component can't last long... You will loose the interest in a bottle of wine if u cant open and drink it...

Just look at the sun and the moon, rotating around the earth perfectly! Out of all the never ending space in the universe, the sun and moon ended up close to earth rotating around it perfectly.!!

Reply #87 - December 19, 2010, 01:13 PM

There's gotta be someone out there who doesn't care that much. Is there any guys with a very low libido?

Reply #88 - December 19, 2010, 01:13 PM

It is rare that anyone (including women) would ever seek a relationship with only companionship and no sex. Sex is an integral part of a relationship. You're looking for a niche group there pierced_beauty, wish you all the luck with it though.
     Reply #89 - December 19, 2010, 01:16 PM

Thanks. Smiley I dunno, I just have no sex drive. I dunno if it's the fact I don't get my period often or what.

• Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »