Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Men-Only poll: Are Men are only after sex in a relationship?  (Voting closed: December 21, 2010, 01:32 PM)
  • Yes - 9 (25%)
  • No - 27 (75%)
  • Total Voters: 36

Topic: Men are only after sex in a relationship?

(Read 34919 times)
  • 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Men are only after sex in a relationship?
     OP - December 18, 2010, 01:32 PM

Following on from this thread

Dunno about all other men on this forum like you claim to do, but I certainly prefer would take each one of companionship/relationship/ friendship over the sex any day.  I can buy sex, but I cant buy the others.

lol.. may be like 10% of the men are like what he suggested. Majority of the men I know are after one thing.

So according to this the poll results should be around 90%

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Re: Men are only after sex in a relationship?
     Reply #1 - December 18, 2010, 01:37 PM

There are various factors for why men seek a relationship - companionship, love, sex, fun, happiness.

If most men predominantly want a relationship because of sex, why not just seek out one-night stands.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #2 - December 18, 2010, 01:39 PM

popcorn

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #3 - December 18, 2010, 01:52 PM

There are various factors for why men seek a relationship - companionship, love, sex, fun, happiness.

If most men predominantly want a relationship because of sex, why not just seek out one-night stands.

One night stands ends when the night ends. You have to start over again next night.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #4 - December 18, 2010, 01:55 PM

^^^ and casual relationships?

Sorry, but to reduce it to most men look for sex in a relationship is too simplistic.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #5 - December 18, 2010, 01:58 PM

I can't honestly vote because I dunno.

Is your grammar defective? Just askin'.

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you." - Rumi

Reply #6 - December 18, 2010, 01:59 PM

Don't see the point in the poll. It's up to muddy to provide evidence for the generalization, not for us to refute a baseless claim.
     Reply #7 - December 18, 2010, 02:00 PM

Its a men only poll anyway, ladies.  Never mind, you can both share my popcorn.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #8 - December 18, 2010, 02:02 PM

I think you'll find little boys are after one thing and that is sex, men are after a little bit of both.
     Reply #9 - December 18, 2010, 02:06 PM

Let me just make something clear, I would not take relationship and companionship over sex. I'd buy a fucking parrot. I expect sex with relationship and companionship. 

Yeah, that sounds more like something I would say!
     Reply #10 - December 18, 2010, 02:06 PM

Very true, Tut.  Very true.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #11 - December 18, 2010, 02:08 PM

Ok, so we have 4 liars so far.. Smiley

and many others...
     Reply #12 - December 18, 2010, 02:12 PM

Le sigh

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #13 - December 18, 2010, 02:12 PM

Muddy, don't be silly. Just because we disagree with you, does not mean we are lying. Although your claim might be 100% true with the interactions you've had with your friends etc, but you cannot say that is true for ALL males, without providing evidence which is other then anecdotal.
     Reply #14 - December 18, 2010, 03:11 PM

Maybe muddy is Freudian.

I'm open for debate (of why we should re-/embrace Islam), but I will no longer participate in this forum. Message me if you need anything. Good luck and may you all find your way... again...
     Reply #15 - December 18, 2010, 03:44 PM

Me joins Cheetah.  popcorn

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #16 - December 18, 2010, 03:56 PM

Following on from this thread

So according to this the poll results should be around 90%

The first thing that entered my mind when I read the question was "it depends on the relationship".

I view "relationships" (such a broad term) and "one night stands" as two different things. It's almost like comparing apples to oranges.

If I can't have the first, I am not turning down the latter.

El bien mas preciado / es la libertad
    hay que defenderla / con fe y valor.
     Reply #17 - December 18, 2010, 04:17 PM

Me personally? not at all.
    Sex is a bonus, not the foundation at all.

Then again, i'm one of those traditional '1 woman forever' guys, pretty abstract these days.
     Reply #18 - December 18, 2010, 04:27 PM

Me joins Cheetah.  popcorn

+1

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #19 - December 18, 2010, 04:49 PM

Muddy, so far it appears we have 14 lying men in the poll, and only 2 truthful ones in COEM (one of which just so happens to be you  Wink)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #20 - December 18, 2010, 04:50 PM

Stop lying, Islame.

I applaud your honesty, muddy. Now all we have to prove is that women only want wuv'n'hugs in a relationship and we'll have pretty much solved gender inequality once and for all.

I feel it's only fair since us guys have made the first step, the ladies should reciprocate. You can put down the popcorn, girls. You know you're all just eating because we're not giving you any affection right now.  hugs

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #21 - December 18, 2010, 04:53 PM

I do not understand his claim.

Is he saying that the majority of men seek sex in a relationship?
    Or is he saying that the majority of men seek ONLY sex in a relationship?

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #22 - December 18, 2010, 04:54 PM

neither, he's saying 90% of men seek a relationship for sex only.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #23 - December 18, 2010, 05:03 PM

Well, anyone who is not "pansexual" (i.e. no gender preference) obviously seeks something related to sex among their top priorities when it comes to a relationship (otherwise, they would not have a problem establishing such "relationship" with anyone regardless of gender).

On the other hand, I doubt most people would get bothered with the whole ordeal of "having a relationship" (especially of a monogamous nature, which involves a certain degree of responsibility) if their goal was just sex.
    Because there are faster and less resource-consuming ways to get sex. (like, paying for it ^_^)

Hence why it's important to figure out if he means "men seek sex in a relationship" (which is kinda obvious) or "men seek nothing but sex in a relationship" (which is kinda demented)

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #24 - December 18, 2010, 05:17 PM

Hence why it's important to figure out if he means "men seek sex in a relationship" (which is kinda obvious) or "men seek nothing but sex in a relationship" (which is kinda demented)

he used the term 'after one thing only' & generally (i.e.90%) not after things like friendship/companionship, so its the latter

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #25 - December 18, 2010, 05:21 PM

Ah IsLame bhai, sticky thread you've started. grin12

Well I think alot of factors are at work here. It largely depends on the social environment one lives in and how average interaction is like on a day-to-day basis.

For example; if we are talking about highly "conservative" places like Gulf Arab nations, then obviously when a man starts talking quite often to woman, it means he's hitting on her, no matter what.

As a young man who has friends of a similar age group and also based upon observation of men in general, I think I can say 99% of males are wankers. They are impatient and want to get to have sex with any female asap.

Some men will develop some type of an expectation. These tend to be sexual-physical in nature. So these are preferences to base of selection. And men will start expanding their connections with as many desirable females as much as possible and start trying to build up a solid relationship. Meaning exchanging tweets/shout outs/texts on a regular basis and meeting up, and expressing interests and trying to get as deeper as possible overtime.
    Most of them would be friendly. And from there they will move on to intimacy.

Where I live and the kind of culture/atmosphere/setting/sort of people I am used to. Males from 16-30 years old thoroughly convince themselves that they are in a "luvvy duvvy" relationship with whichever females they are currently with even though all throughout the times they are with their gfs and thinking about them when separate, the main thing their minds are preoccupied about is sex.

When I speak to their gfs, their gfs would be saying one thing and when to the guys, the guys would be saying something else. So I can say that on the part of the female romance plays a greater role whereas for males lust instead plays a greater role.

This extends to gfs sometimes getting upset that their guys are "pressuring them", "he's taking it too fast", "doesnt he love me more than my flesh?", "I'm not feeling very comfortable as of yet" etc etc

More often than not, these people will break up and end their relationship at any period of a few months to 2 years usually. And after that they will pretend as though they never once were together and try to ignore each other and "move on". This is the time you as a friend have to console them and put up with their bitching.. sorry.. break-up sob story.

Most males would deal with this by enjoying themselves and try to forget it all off. And then try to find another female to replace once they are through asap.

Having observed how people my age behave. I have decided to carefully select a female I desire. I notice the major flaw in any relationship is the lack of understanding and the feeling of romance. What leads to breaking is finding being together unbearable. Its usually after past the initial stages of being in a relationship, unable to work things out together, that the attachment slowly ceases and they get bored/tired with each other eventually leading to a break-up.
     Reply #26 - December 18, 2010, 06:43 PM

neither, he's saying 90% of men seek a relationship for sex only.

I did not say that. I said, thats the main reason. Also because the choices are very limited in this poll, I am pretty sure many women here have voted too without reading its a men only poll. I am sure many are true votes, but there are many false ones as well. Smiley

and many others...
     Reply #27 - December 18, 2010, 07:01 PM

Okey, i voted before i understood it was only a men's poll...sorry. Okey, that's a lie...I felt left out so i voted.  Anyways minus one from YES. 
     popcorn

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #28 - December 18, 2010, 07:03 PM

Give me some porcorn, please. Promise I won't vote.

(by the way, the OP or a mod could modify the poll to allow removal of votes)

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
     Reply #29 - December 18, 2010, 07:54 PM

Me personally? not at all.
    Sex is a bonus, not the foundation at all.

Then again, i'm one of those traditional '1 woman forever' guys, pretty abstract these days.

Good to know that are still people like that around!
    It's not easy gals! This guy is worth it.Try your luck,you might just hit the jackpot!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
  • 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »