Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Recurring Nightmares?

(Read 7019 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Recurring Nightmares?
     OP - December 17, 2010, 01:41 AM

Since about a week, I've been getting a nightmare about being in a huge haunted mansion. However, the dreams seem to be connected, so where I stopped dreaming one night, a few days later my dream picks up from that same place, and so on. Has this happened to anyone before?  Huh?
  • Re: Recurring Nightmares?
     Reply #1 - December 17, 2010, 01:50 AM

Yes, in childhood. I liked that series of dreams (even if sometimes it was a nightmare) - it was interesting because I seemed to be always in the same place (not a real place) or nearby - I knew that in the subsequent dream, so I could keep exploring the area. I got to know the place quite well, I still remember how it looked like.
    And I still remember in which part(s) of the area the "episode-dream" was a nightmare.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
     Reply #2 - December 17, 2010, 01:54 AM

That's interesting, in my dream I don't 'remember' that its a dream, but its fucking freaky.
     Reply #3 - December 17, 2010, 04:24 AM

Move to lounge?

fuck you
     Reply #4 - December 17, 2010, 04:42 AM

Yeah what is this doing in introductions?
    Anyway, I've had dreams like this (I hardly ever get nightmares, my most recent nightmare was a big cat eating a kitten).
    My dreams pick up from where I left off if I wake up in the middle of the night, then I sleep again to continue the dream. Not sure what these dream were though.

I'm open for debate (of why we should re-/embrace Islam), but I will no longer participate in this forum. Message me if you need anything. Good luck and may you all find your way... again...
     Reply #5 - December 17, 2010, 07:35 AM

Move to lounge?

Sorry, I meant to post it in lounge.
     Reply #6 - December 17, 2010, 07:43 AM

Anyway, this dream is like following a story, its very weird.

In this dream, I'm sharing a huge mansion with a woman and her son. A couple nights ago I had the first dream, where I was just exploring the place.

Then I had the 2nd dream, where I was standing outside a room in the mansion which had a big christian cross on the door, and I got the feeling that I shouldn't enter that room.

And then last night, I was in the same house, with the woman and she was leading me down the stairs, to the basement, to show me my room where I'll be staying. And then I found myself outside the same door with the cross, and she told me that was my room. I tried to tell her I didn't want to go there, but I found that I couldn't speak.. and then I woke up.

WTF Huh?
     Reply #7 - December 17, 2010, 08:04 AM

Well perhaps the mansion represents your life, the basement represents your hiding, the cross represents religion and you're afraid to enter into that room cause probably hellfire is waiting in there for you. Why your lips were sealed? Cause you feel you're not in control of your destiny/life maybe...

I'm open for debate (of why we should re-/embrace Islam), but I will no longer participate in this forum. Message me if you need anything. Good luck and may you all find your way... again...
     Reply #8 - December 17, 2010, 09:07 AM

Cheesy that could even be true!
     Reply #9 - December 17, 2010, 09:22 AM

After the war in 1999, i had 2 years of reoccurring nightmares... but it was not like a real dream, it was rather remembering a bad episode over and over again....

Just look at the sun and the moon, rotating around the earth perfectly! Out of all the never ending space in the universe, the sun and moon ended up close to earth rotating around it perfectly.!!

Reply #10 - December 17, 2010, 01:11 PM

Of course he would only fear religion in a "just in case" kind of way. Meaning: "If God exists, I'm screwed!"

Reply #11 - December 18, 2010, 01:10 AM

I've never had a particular dream or nightmare happen more than once, but during my days of psychosis and neurosis I had some extremely violent and disturbing dreams.
     Reply #12 - December 18, 2010, 01:18 AM

I have a re-occuring dream which restarts each time, but more in my favor.

First time, I was trying to run, but couldn't, instead I had to side-jump (which felt like 1/4 gravity)
    Second time, I have a gun, but it doesn't work and end up trying to run, but could barely move.
    Third time (I think), tried running but could only move at 1/5 of walking speed no matter how hard I forced

Later it went onto the gun not firing
    Later it went to firing but not having any real effect
    then after a long time of this dream, randomly over around 2 years, I was simply Rambo vs Zombies, Kicking the shit out of everything and going nuts avoiding getting killed.

I theorize that the zombies are caused by an underlying anxiety about certain events in life
    and the improved ability demonstrates that i'm either coming to terms with it or im improving the situation.
     Reply #13 - December 18, 2010, 05:21 AM

I've never had a particular dream or nightmare happen more than once, but during my days of psychosis and neurosis I had some extremely violent and disturbing dreams.

psychosis and neurosis? Oh God I'm sorry...  Cry

Reply #14 - December 18, 2010, 05:22 AM

Are you on meds Zebedee?

Reply #15 - December 18, 2010, 05:23 AM

That's wonderful mighty_cats keep it up.

Reply #16 - December 19, 2010, 11:08 AM

Three recurring dreams/nightmares I had since I was a little child. They stopped a few years ago, except for the last one which still visits me from time to time.

1. I fall from our old apartment's balcony and clearly see the ground rushing to me. Stopped when we moved out.
    2. I drive a car without having a single clue how to do it. Scars the shit out of me. Stopped when I passed my driving exam (still can't drive, though).
    3. Tsunami. I see the water rising from my window (old apartment, again), and it stops at my building's steps. Later when we moved out the dream changed slightly. I'm watching from my grandparents' house, which has this incredible view of the bay. It's not scary, but beautiful and exciting.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #17 - December 19, 2010, 11:59 AM

I usually have very violent or crazy ass dreams but only one that was pretty recurring. I started having it as a youngster age 6-9. I would be in a westerner town kind of like sergio leone movies, i would be all alone and walking towards a dark part of the town, on the way there i see thick fog and mist, in the distance i see dirt and a tombstone just one tombstone and the heading is blank. As i draw nearer to the tombstone the mist and fog gets thicker and i start to see the dirt move. Upon further inspection i notice the dirt isn't dirt but one bigass chocolate cake(please keep reading)the movement increases but im not quite at the tombstone. I see a hand, then a head pop out, its a white man who looks normal and healthy...apart from the fact he has some crazy ass vampire fangs, his other hand now emerges and his head is fully to the surface. He blurts out "im gonna get you lance (thats my name)" i start to slowly back away in a state of fear, he fully pulls himself out of the chocolate cake grave and dusts himself off, he then vanishes within sight, i turn to run then he reappears in front about 10 yards, then he starts teleporting all over the place for like 5 seconds. Once the teleporting stopped i thought he had vanished , i turn towards the way i came and run like fuck, halfway to my destination i hear a loud swooping sound and i foolishly turn around and that bastard is standing there with piercing yellow-reddish eyes, he then puts both his hands on my shoulders then i awake.

I know that sounds far fetched but i have vivid dreams. I eventually came to the conlusion i would only have this dream towards the end of my session of sleep, so this dream i think was time based because i always woke up after he put his hands on my shoulders.

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
     Reply #18 - December 19, 2010, 08:23 PM

psychosis and neurosis? Oh God I'm sorry...  Cry

Lol, don't worry about it. It was the better part of two years ago.  grin12

These days I don't even get that shit anymore.

Are you on meds Zebedee?

No, although when it was bad I wanted to get some diazepam to calm myself the fuck down. Couldn't sleep or concentrate on stuff without a panic attack coming on and making me feel all these weird burning sensations, derealisation, weak limbs, and a general feeling of impending and imminent doom.
     Reply #19 - December 19, 2010, 08:32 PM

After the war in 1999, i had 2 years of reoccurring nightmares... but it was not like a real dream, it was rather remembering a bad episode over and over again....

That is ptsd, sweetheart.  Cry  But a TOTALLY NORMAL reaction to
    horrors we have seen, experienced, or been involved in.  Been there,
    done that   far away hug

Yes, I have come back into dreams where they left off when Ive woken up.
    I frequent the same places a lot, dream places, and somehow always wind
    up back there.  PTSD dreams are messed up for real.  Not only do you remember
    horrible things, but your mind will twist them around and make them spiral
    into sheer pandemonium.  Its taking decades to not have those nightmares
    as much any longer, and if they come back, I just eat a bite of a magic brownie
    before I go to sleep.  It DOES keep the nightmares at bay.  I use it medicinally
    only.  Or if I run out of my prescribed meds and am having some bad episodes.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #20 - December 20, 2010, 02:30 AM

Last night I had a dream that some tropical country had attacked Pakistan  Roll Eyes, and I was out at night watching planes in the sky drop bombs   dance
     Reply #21 - December 20, 2010, 12:38 PM

never thought of it that way JT, but you are probably right... It passed gradually in about 2 to 3 years and i don't really dream of that episode anymore... It just serves me as a reminder how fragile life is, and how happy we should be that we are alive and well Smiley....

Just look at the sun and the moon, rotating around the earth perfectly! Out of all the never ending space in the universe, the sun and moon ended up close to earth rotating around it perfectly.!!

• Recurring Nightmares?
     Reply #22 - October 24, 2013, 01:24 AM

Rihanna

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »