Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: How do you deal with it
  • gimme more gimme more - 1 (5.6%)
  • I perform well under stress - 2 (11.1%)
  • I punch stuff - 3 (16.7%)
  • Tears - 4 (22.2%)
  • something else that is creative - 3 (16.7%)
  • other (boring) - 5 (27.8%)
  • Total Voters: 18

Topic: !!stress!!

(Read 6370 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • !!stress!!
     OP - December 15, 2010, 09:04 PM

how do YOU deal with it?

do you smoke? drink? cry for release? punch stuff?

Are you good with stress, bad with stress, what do you do when you feel all caraaaaazy compressed like a jar of mustard you really wished was more full so you could make yourself a sandwich. Do you like mustard?

Tell meeeeee

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
  • Re: !!stress!!
     Reply #1 - December 15, 2010, 09:05 PM

gimme more gimme more  Cheesy

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #2 - December 15, 2010, 09:08 PM

Having a good support network of loving people around you to lean on  far away hug

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #3 - December 15, 2010, 09:09 PM

that doesn't answer any question. try again.

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #4 - December 15, 2010, 09:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVpzSaNpErY

Against the ruin of the world, there
    is only one defense: the creative act.

-- Kenneth Rexroth
     Reply #5 - December 15, 2010, 09:17 PM

Maybe you need some sleep.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #6 - December 15, 2010, 09:24 PM

Ugh, I'm horrible with stress, I always end up breaking down.  wacko
     Reply #7 - December 15, 2010, 09:31 PM

I usually deal with it by going outside and clubbing small animals to death.  Afro
     Reply #8 - December 15, 2010, 09:34 PM

I envy those who genuinely thrive under stress.

When a stressful situation just hits me out of nowhere, I usually go into denial and escapism and inevitably fail at whatever I'm supposed to be stressed about.

Though when I can anticipate a possibly stressful time coming (mainly exams), I do what I can to prevent getting stressed (get all OCD about my scheduling, revise way ahead, feel superior to everyone else, avoid risky relationships, and run non-stop like Forest Gump).

Against the ruin of the world, there
    is only one defense: the creative act.

-- Kenneth Rexroth
     Reply #9 - December 15, 2010, 09:37 PM

Do something else.
    Really.

Even if it's boring, it will eventually lead to yet another thing, and end up with something interesting enough to take (some_ of the stress away (if not the problem). And come back later to the problem - without the stress.

Of course it doesn't work so simply, but the point I'm trying to make is that some/many stress-causing problems might look in a different light (that is, you may have a little more bearable perspective) after your mind was given some time off it, assuming that's possible at all.
    Works for me.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
     Reply #10 - December 15, 2010, 09:39 PM

I do something special on Friday afternoons. The rest of the week I hang around with the gang, we ride our bikes on the pavement, set light to our pubes, steal, lie, break things, smoke fags down to the butt, draw nobs on models in SKY Magazine, punch people and sometimes we cruise into the McDrive-in of McDonalds and order a McSpunk shake, then we call them McCunts and McPetrol bomb the McFucking joint. But on Friday afternoon I go with my friend Gavin the fleabag! I never tell anyone where I am, sometimes I say I'm going to see my gynaecologist, then no one probes me because something smells fishy. My special time with Gavin is spent pressing flowers, prancing, playing doctors and nurses, mending things, listening to The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway by Genesis, crying, playing blow football and sometimes we go out to the back garden with no pants on and jump over the garden sprinkler. When I'm with my friends and I see Gavin, I blank him.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #11 - December 15, 2010, 09:39 PM

i just sit down and work. i suppose i 'thrive' under stress, but i dunno, it depends on the stress. if it's stress from working then i just chill and deal with it, if it's emotional stress then i suppose i thrive but in a different way, as i work to get it off my chest rather than to relieve it.
     Reply #12 - December 15, 2010, 09:42 PM

I do something special on Friday afternoons. The rest of the week I hang around with the gang, we ride our bikes on the pavement, set light to our pubes, steal, lie, break things, smoke fags down to the butt, draw nobs on models in SKY Magazine, punch people and sometimes we cruise into the McDrive-in of McDonalds and order a McSpunk shake, then we call them McCunts and McPetrol bomb the McFucking joint. But on Friday afternoon I go with my friend Gavin the fleabag! I never tell anyone where I am, sometimes I say I'm going to see my gynaecologist, then no one probes me because something smells fishy. My special time with Gavin is spent pressing flowers, prancing, playing doctors and nurses, mending things, listening to The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway by Genesis, crying, playing blow football and sometimes we go out to the back garden with no pants on and jump over the garden sprinkler. When I'm with my friends and I see Gavin, I blank him.

Cheesy

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #13 - December 15, 2010, 10:23 PM

I self soothe.

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #14 - December 15, 2010, 10:27 PM

drink?

^This.
     Reply #15 - December 15, 2010, 10:56 PM

I take anxiolytics...

I'm open for debate (of why we should re-/embrace Islam), but I will no longer participate in this forum. Message me if you need anything. Good luck and may you all find your way... again...
     Reply #16 - December 15, 2010, 11:00 PM

Cheesy

I usually pick one of these at random: Fresh air, punching inanimate objects in a controlled manner, chill with friends, exercise, listen to music. Or just drink. Tongue

Mix and match the above until satisfaction is obtained, whilst bearing in mind:

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #17 - December 15, 2010, 11:04 PM

I give up.
     Reply #18 - December 15, 2010, 11:15 PM

^^ lol

I procrastinate.

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
    ~ Douglas Adams
     Reply #19 - December 15, 2010, 11:57 PM

^^ Haha, same!  That's actually what I'm doing now  whistling2
     Reply #20 - December 16, 2010, 12:08 AM

Other-- combination of Options 2, 3 and 5.

I perform really well under stress.

If I have control of the situation, I take leadership and get shit done, though frequently having fits of anger where I throw shit around or punch things, and during such times I'm frequently prone to panic attacks when I have down-time and try to relax. But the job gets done.

If I don't have control of the situation, and nothing is harmed by freaking out, I freak out. If there are consequences to freaking out, I simply shut down my emotions, become icy cold, sleep a lot and perform mundane tasks. I learned that during my first arrest.

So it depends entirely on what the situation causing the stress is, but I generally find a way to deal with it.

Stress isn't a problem for me-- depression is. The former can motivate me but the latter only paralyzes me.

fuck you
     Reply #21 - December 16, 2010, 12:42 AM

I deal with stress in a way i find effective, if a situation arises that is stressing me that i know can be dealt with, i maintain the mindset that im actively working on the problem and eventually it will be through with that alone is good enough to chill my stress. On the other hand if its a nagging stress that i know can't be dealt with in a timely manner i am prone to punch and break shit and let emotions get the best of me.

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
     Reply #22 - December 16, 2010, 02:11 AM

I just ignore the thing that's causing me stress.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #23 - December 16, 2010, 11:10 AM

Smoke Ganja ephy devil girl

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #24 - December 16, 2010, 12:02 PM

Keep de evil away.  Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-euzDlenM3k

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #25 - December 16, 2010, 10:45 PM

Ahhh, the holidays. Stress free temporarily.

though, i was just taking a nap--i had a vague dream that I got my test back and i got 71% (the horror, i know ~_~) and i woke up and thought it was 5 am dance good stuff. So yeah, when im stressed i have weird dreams where the equation of something is running through my head and im doing random math problems subconsciously.

Reply #26 - December 17, 2010, 11:12 PM

I have ptsd and if I get triggered, stress can really take me places that are
    very dangerous to go. A little bite of a magic brownie, and I
    turn on the tube, laugh, reassure myself it will be okay, and sleep like a
    baby, with NO nightmares.  Stress brings on serious nightmares for me,
    then when I wake up freaking out, I can't go back to sleep. 

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #27 - December 17, 2010, 11:38 PM

when im stressed(like the past 2 weeks for me) i dont sleep..literally ill sleep like a couple of hours and then will be awake the rest of the night worrying

thank goodness my exams are over with...lol i was so tired yesterday i slept almost the whole day Tongue

thats wat stress does to me  grin12

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
    (I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu)
    A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
     Reply #28 - December 17, 2010, 11:43 PM

how do YOU deal with it?

do you smoke? drink? cry for release? punch stuff?

Are you good with stress, bad with stress, what do you do when you feel all caraaaaazy compressed like a jar of mustard you really wished was more full so you could make yourself a sandwich. Do you like mustard?

Tell meeeeee

Smoke weed, read a book, listen to music or play something  Afro

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »