Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello, I'm new!

(Read 6623 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello, I'm new!
     OP - December 12, 2010, 05:12 PM

Hello CEMB members,

Well I'm not and have never been a Muslim. My parents are Christians, one Roman Catholic and the other CofE. Despite attending a Christian primary school, and spending much of my formative years with an extremely devout and involved (obsessed?!) Grandmother, my belief in the Christian lead character, his eternal love for me, and his (our) father faded not too long after the Father Christmas and Easter Bunny stories began to look decidedly shaky.

Needless to say, I have never had to undergo the internal intellectual battle that many others who have liberated themselves have had to go through. For many years I found the concept of religion irrelevant and had no interest in it, or, for that matter, in opposing it. It wasn't for me, and that was that. Recently, for various reasons, I have come to realise the importance of rational thought, of evidence and of open debate. I've become increasingly frustrated with the inability or unwillingness that many people seem to have to thinking, to questioning, to doubting. Indifference and baseless certainty seem too often to prevail. Simultaneously, and somewhat consequentially, I have become interested in religiosity and, latterly, its consequences. I have not been impressed.

I'd never become involved with any sort of group before, but a few months back I decided to join the British Humanist Association and the National Secular Society. Through these I came to hear of the One Law for All campaign and of the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain, and just yesterday attended the Conference on Apostasy, Sharia Law and Human Rights in London. I had a great day, learnt a lot, heard some wonderful speeches and discussions and met some lovely individuals, some of whom were truly inspiring. Through them, I arrived here.

So here I am...a non-ex-Muslim non-Muslim whose faith in Santa, the chocolate egg rabbit and Yaweh has withered and died. To all who have emancipated yourselves from theism and everything that it entails, I have the utmost respect for you. I sometimes wonder if I would have been able to break free if I had been born into your shoes. I would like to think so, but have by doubts.

I float between London and Bath so if anyone would like to meet up, that'd be ace.

Until then take care,

Chris
  • Re: Hello, I'm new!
     Reply #1 - December 12, 2010, 05:23 PM

Hey
    signwelcome

Here are two parrots for you
     parrot parrot

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #2 - December 12, 2010, 05:28 PM

Welcome

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine

https://twitter.com/AlharbiMoe
     Reply #3 - December 12, 2010, 05:31 PM

Cool, a genuine activist.

signwelcome

fuck you
     Reply #4 - December 12, 2010, 06:03 PM

Welcome to the forum victory

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #5 - December 12, 2010, 06:08 PM

chris! hello there. i was the dude with the leather gloves and the red scarf. it's great to see you here and welcome!
     Reply #6 - December 12, 2010, 06:46 PM

Welcome, Chris. I was the asian guy with the glasses (drinking Baileys Tongue).

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #7 - December 12, 2010, 06:47 PM

Glad to see you made it, Chris. Nice to meet you last night. I was the soon-to-be elderly white male atheist. Wink

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #8 - December 12, 2010, 06:53 PM

Cheesy

Reply #9 - December 12, 2010, 06:57 PM

Hey Chris, welcome! It's great to see you here.  Smiley

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #10 - December 12, 2010, 07:00 PM

Oh, how I envy you guys.... You get to meet in RL too? I keel you... I keel you...  finmad

Reply #11 - December 12, 2010, 07:08 PM

What's with the parrots? We're not shirking it up and using them as false idols are we? And if we are, can we at least keep to just one?

Pariah, RIBS, Muddy, MoeAlharbi, Q-Man and Loki - thanks for your welcome (I presume I didn't meet any of you yesterday), and serrated & GING, it was a pleasure to meet you all and good to make you acquaintance on here. As for you thinkfree, I've already told you, get yourself some wrinkles and a cane and we might talk, otherwise I'm just not interested Wink.
     Reply #12 - December 12, 2010, 08:07 PM

C
                      L                       O

E                   parrot                    M

W                      CHRIS                             E

I've become increasingly frustrated with the inability or unwillingness that many people seem to have to thinking, to questioning, to doubting. Indifference and baseless certainty seem too often to prevail.

That's the reason why religious charlatans have a great time these days fishing in troubled waters

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #13 - December 12, 2010, 08:41 PM

Wow I wish I can be that straight forward about meeting people!
    ENVIES!
    And here's a smiley that's not a parrot lol but... Greetings

I'm open for debate (of why we should re-/embrace Islam), but I will no longer participate in this forum. Message me if you need anything. Good luck and may you all find your way... again...
     Reply #14 - December 12, 2010, 08:43 PM

Welcome Chris - we didn't meet as I had to leave after my talk - but am glad you came along and also that you met some of our hell-bound miscreants  grin12

btw I assume Pariah was amongst those you met last night.
     Reply #15 - December 12, 2010, 08:54 PM

What's with the parrots? We're not shirking it up and using them as false idols are we? And if we are, can we at least keep to just one?

Pariah, RIBS, Muddy, MoeAlharbi, Q-Man and Loki - thanks for your welcome (I presume I didn't meet any of you yesterday), and serrated & GING, it was a pleasure to meet you all and good to make you acquaintance on here. As for you thinkfree, I've already told you, get yourself some wrinkles and a cane and we might talk, otherwise I'm just not interested Wink.

Muddy, Moe and I live in North America. RIBS lives in North Africa. You very well may have met Pariah and Loki since they were both there.

fuck you
     Reply #16 - December 12, 2010, 09:27 PM

Hi and welcome Chris!
     Reply #17 - December 12, 2010, 09:32 PM

Muddy, Moe and I live in North America. RIBS lives in North Africa. You very well may have met Pariah and Loki since they were both there.

Yeah, he also met Pariah, Loki and Shahid Raza.

Reply #18 - December 12, 2010, 09:53 PM

Welcome chris !!!!!!!!

How was the event btw .......I would have went but Im new here and I not good with meeting new people  , perhaps next year .How was it Huh? piggy piggy

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #19 - December 12, 2010, 09:57 PM

You sound like a nice bloke Chris - grab yourself a coffee & go for a meander through the forums threads, best way to get acquainted & familarise yourself with the setup & peeps around here.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #20 - December 12, 2010, 10:02 PM

I personally would like you to repeat the lovely things you said about my talk at the conference (that I just saw you sent me on facebook) - because none of the members here (who went) have said a frigging thing about my talk!

grin12
     Reply #21 - December 12, 2010, 10:35 PM

Hassan, I had bf over this weekend, no keeping up with threads for me, sob sob I see him in 2011, hes going to freaking Pak.

Welcome on board Chris enjoy the ride.
     Reply #22 - December 12, 2010, 10:49 PM

You did meet me, I was the one who promised lovely drinks but made you guys walk nearly all the way up to Soho!  Tongue

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #23 - December 12, 2010, 11:06 PM

and got shitfaced over 2 glasses of wine

lightweight
     Reply #24 - December 12, 2010, 11:19 PM

Lol, yes my dearest as I drank no water all day!

Reply #25 - December 13, 2010, 09:03 AM

Welcome Chris.   piggy

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #26 - December 13, 2010, 10:17 AM

and got shitfaced over 2 glasses of wine

lightweight

Lol, yes my dearest as I drank no water all day!

Quiet, n00b.

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #27 - December 13, 2010, 12:03 PM

Hi and welcome Chris! So awesome you got to meet up with some of our lovely members here.   Afro

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
    ~ Douglas Adams
     Reply #28 - December 13, 2010, 11:52 PM

Welcome to the Forum Chris
     Reply #29 - December 14, 2010, 12:00 AM

Welcome, Chris.  Afro

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »