Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Comments on ReasoningAndThinking vs TheRationalizer

(Read 3713 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Comments on ReasoningAndThinking vs TheRationalizer
     OP - December 12, 2010, 02:40 PM

Quote from: ReasoningAndThinking
    Did I say that kafir makes sense?

There so stupid then they will be burnt, so you can say for a fact that Allah burns idiots, that why Quran is so against kafir, not innocent people.

"The worst of creature (human beings) in Allah's sight are the deaf and dumb who do not use their reason." (Surat al-Anfal: 22)

But of course I think I need to make a video and explain why people conceals the truth but I'm too lazy, I'm not sure how I even made this O,o.

Why is belief in a magical Paradise and torture pit in the after-life the only intelligent conclusion?

Does he think this belief is the sole thing that distinguishes 'idiots' from 'innocent people'?

The Qur'an does back the idea.

"And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: shall we believe as the foolish believe? Are not they indeed the foolish? But they know not."  [Al-Baqara 2:13]

But many a Muslim would say people aren't idiots, but they just need to 'guide' them and 'save them from the hellfire'.

As for people 'concealing the truth', the Qur'an itself says the nonbeliever does not believe because Allah has cursed them.

There's loads of verses to support that one.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
  • Re: Comments on ReasoningAndThinking vs TheRationalizer
     Reply #1 - December 12, 2010, 03:26 PM

With regards to justice and Hell it's also worth pointing out that the Qur'an enjoins the principle of al-Qisaas (2:178, 2:194, 42:40, etc.) or 'equal retaliation.' So it is understood by the author of the Qur'an that punishment for a crime must be proportionate to the crime committed. And so it's very strange that there is this inconsistency of enjoining equity on humanity, while Allah himself retains the right to torture people indefinitely for finite crimes. Or perhaps the author of the Qur'an simply knew what was really moral and just, but it wouldn't help in coercing people to obey him if Hell were only temporary.

And with regards to the eternality of Hell, 72:23 makes it clear:

...and whoso disobeyeth Allah and His messenger lo! His is fire of hell, wherein such dwell forever

The words in the verse are 'khalideena feeha abada,' or 'forever and ever,' so it's quite clear that Hell is indeed eternal.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »