Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi:)

(Read 28290 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Hi:)
     Reply #180 - December 07, 2010, 05:22 PM

Why is Geet Wilders called far right? From what I've heard, he's an atheist, is all up for secularism and gay rights. He seems much more of a leftie to me than a far right person. Someone enlighten me  Huh?

He may not be far right - but most of his policies would normally be associated with the right.

Reducing the power of the state and taxes.
    Reducing power of the European Union.
    Stringent restrictions on immigration.
    Introduction of minimum penalties, and higher maximum penalties and creation of 'boot camps'.
    Emphasis on "Family Values" and "Judeo-Christian values" - (common euphemisms for conservative values.)

But perhaps what makes many people dislike him is that he conflates the issue of terrorism with immigration and targets Muslims in general.

If he had his way in the UK when our parents came here - most of us would not be here as he advocates stopping all immigration from Muslim countries.

He also wants the Qur'an banned and a ban on building mosques.
     Reply #181 - December 07, 2010, 05:27 PM

I think Geert Wilders just needs a mirror as a present. His hairstyle is outrageous.
     Reply #182 - December 07, 2010, 05:29 PM

Good god

She seems unstable mentally too. Is she on drugs?

She's not on drugs, she's just abit quirky. She is extremely hot for an ethnic chick!   
     Reply #183 - December 07, 2010, 05:38 PM

She's not on drugs, she's just abit quirky. She is extremely hot for an ethnic chick!  

She seems stupid.

Did she dip herself in white paint? That is the only way I could imagine any ethnic female would look 'hot' to you

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #184 - December 07, 2010, 05:52 PM

He may not be far right - but most of his policies would normally be associated with the right.

Reducing the power of the state and taxes.
    Reducing power of the European Union.
    Stringent restrictions on immigration.
    Introduction of minimum penalties, and higher maximum penalties and creation of 'boot camps'.
    Emphasis on "Family Values" and "Judeo-Christian values" - (common euphemisms for conservative values.)

But perhaps what makes many people dislike him is that he conflates the issue of terrorism with immigration and targets Muslims in general.

If he had his way in the UK when our parents came here - most of us would not be here as he advocates stopping all immigration from Muslim countries.

I'm a Canadian so I'm not exposed, in any depth, to the apparent problems of extremism that are occurring in Europe.  I've seen the odd rant from Pat Condell and Geert Wilders suggesting that, in countries, such as Sweden, immigrants from Muslim countries are problematic because a lot of them are 'true' Muslims and, as such, they have a higher birth rate and espouse pro-Sharia politics and blatant anti-integration, anti-kuffar views.  While this is certainly true to some extent, I wonder just how exaggerated these ideas really are.  Is there no serious problem with respect to Muslim communities in these countries?
     Reply #185 - December 07, 2010, 06:14 PM

I wouldn't mind the above happening ^
     Reply #186 - December 07, 2010, 06:17 PM

That is the State infringing on freedoms.  Roll Eyes

Reply #187 - December 07, 2010, 06:21 PM

I know, but still, if quran and mosques were banned the world would be much better off  dance
     Reply #188 - December 07, 2010, 06:34 PM

I know, but still, if quran and mosques were banned the world would be much better off  dance

No it wouldn't.

What would happen is the State having stripped the citizens of the right to freedom to practice faith would lead to a backlash and rightly so.

Reply #189 - December 07, 2010, 06:35 PM

I'm a Canadian so I'm not exposed, in any depth, to the apparent problems of extremism that are occurring in Europe.  I've seen the odd rant from Pat Condell and Geert Wilders suggesting that, in countries, such as Sweden, immigrants from Muslim countries are problematic because a lot of them are 'true' Muslims and, as such, they have a higher birth rate and espouse pro-Sharia politics and blatant anti-integration, anti-kuffar views.  While this is certainly true to some extent, I wonder just how exaggerated these ideas really are.  Is there no serious problem with respect to Muslim communities in these countries?

Of course there are problems with Muslim communities. Are they serious? Depends what you mean by serious. Personally I think there are serious problems amongst the Chav teenage booze culture amongst many white youths.

If one means there is a serious problem of terrorism amongst Muslim communities in the UK - that is utter nonsense imho and most of the scaremongering the far-right, US Neocons and Christian Fundies peddle is nothing but bullshit aimed at furthering their own bigoted agenda.
     Reply #190 - December 07, 2010, 06:38 PM

I am totally against it!

Banning the Qur'an (or the Bible - esp Old Testament that contains even more sadistic bullshit than the Qur'an does!) will solve nothing and only make things worse.

You don't solve problems by banning books - nor will you solve terrorism by denying people their human rights to freedom of worship.
     Reply #191 - December 07, 2010, 06:40 PM

No it wouldn't.

It would be a better place if people stopped believing such nonsense - but you will not achieve that by banning stuff.
     Reply #192 - December 07, 2010, 06:42 PM

ya but then ur taking freedom of choice away from ppl

dont agree with that....y not just let ppl be?? choose wateva u want and be happy but dont push it on others!

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
    (I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu)
    A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
     Reply #193 - December 07, 2010, 06:47 PM

If my religious beliefs dictate that all africans should be subjugated by whites and made to pay jizya, and I want to publish scriptures of my religion advocating these beliefs, and build shrines representing my religion, would that be considered freedom of religion or hate speech/incitement to violence?

Edit: And what if direct acts of violence against blacks were committed following the teachings of my religious scriptures, by followers of my religion?
     Reply #194 - December 07, 2010, 06:48 PM

Of course there are problems with Muslim communities. Are they serious? Depends what you mean by serious. Personally I think there are serious problems amongst the Chav teenage booze culture amongst many white youths.

If one means there is a serious problem of terrorism or sympathy with terrorists amongst Muslim communities in the UK - that is utter nonsense imho and most of the scaremongering the far-right, US Neocons and Christian Fundies peddle is nothing but bullshit aimed at furthering their own bigoted agenda.

Terrorism, aside, I gather that a lot of Europeans are worried, with the changing demographics (i.e. a greater percentage of pious Muslims), that eventually these nations would bend to the adoption of Sharia-politics.  The concern is about loss of things like freedom of speech, freedom of religion and thought, gender and religious equality, etc.  In the minds of European ex-Muslims are such fears baseless?

Reply #195 - December 07, 2010, 06:49 PM

She seems stupid.

Did she dip herself in white paint? That is the only way I could imagine any ethnic female would look 'hot' to you

LOL no. She just has good face symmetry and a nice body.
     Reply #196 - December 07, 2010, 06:56 PM

Terrorism, aside, I gather that a lot of Europeans are worried, with the changing demographics (i.e. a greater percentage of pious Muslims), that eventually these nations would bend to the adoption of Sharia-politics.  The concern is about loss of things like freedom of speech, freedom of religion and thought, gender and religious equality, etc.  In the minds of European ex-Muslims are such fears baseless?

The concern that large Muslim populations are pushing for things like Shari'ah councils and laws about blaspheme and other things that could dilute the freedoms, liberties, pluralism and human rights in the UK - is a valid concern. But I am confident the British people as a whole will not accept such things and will keep Islam in it's place as they have with Christianity. And of course that's why CEMB campaigns to stop such diluting of freedom and human rights.

If the concern is that the UK or Europe might become an Islamic State ruled by Shari'ah - that's just delusional nonsense that doesn't deserve a response.
     Reply #197 - December 07, 2010, 07:05 PM

If my religious beliefs dictate that all africans should be subjugated by whites and made to pay jizya, and I want to publish scriptures of my religion advocating these beliefs, and build shrines representing my religion, would that be considered freedom of religion or hate speech/incitement to violence?

Edit: And what if direct acts of violence against blacks were committed following the teachings of my religious scriptures, by followers of my religion?

ya but then theyre harming others and thats allowed...but if they just wanna live peacefully then why should we stop them? how are they harming us then?

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #198 - December 07, 2010, 07:06 PM

With regards to CEMB it is a organization founded by Iranian dissidents, I said like on the first day. Maryam is part of the Iranian Workers Party. Which just leaves a bad taste in your mouth, I don't want to be associated with them, this forum ideally should be separate, in should clearly state is has noting to do with, Iran.
     Reply #199 - December 07, 2010, 07:22 PM

The concern that large Muslim populations are pushing for things like Shari'ah councils and laws about blaspheme and other things that could dilute the freedoms, liberties, pluralism and human rights in the UK - is a valid concern. But I am confident the British people as a whole will not accept such things and will keep Islam in it's place as they have with Christianity. And of course that's why CEMB campaigns to stop such diluting of freedom and human rights.

If the concern is that the UK or Europe might become an Islamic State ruled by Shari'ah - that's just delusional nonsense that doesn't deserve a response.

How about in locales like Sweden or the Netherlands where the focus has been on these issues as of late?  It would be Islamophobia to fear the formation of a new Caliphate in the UK but nevertheless there are valid concerns about the loss of freedoms and other Enlightenment values.  Personally, I would be up in arms about any kind of compromise on freedoms, such as the banning of criticism/mockery of religion.  I guess there are some who believe that the only avenue for curbing the erosion of liberties and human rights is via the anti-immigration stance although one would hope that this could be achieved in other less hard-line ways.  Are there big success stories in transforming attitudes?  How effective have the CEMB campaigns been? 
     Reply #200 - December 07, 2010, 07:25 PM

ya but then theyre harming others and thats allowed...but if they just wanna live peacefully then why should we stop them? how are they harming us then?

If my religion says that Jews are bad people without explicitly commanding me to do something about it, I guess it's still okay to practice my religion.  When does that line get crossed?
     Reply #201 - December 07, 2010, 07:29 PM

telomeme...yes it is okay cuz ur not harming the jews by saying theyre bad ppl

cuz the jews could care less wat u think about them....but once u say theyre bad ppl and im gonna kill them then ya thats when the problem starts

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #202 - December 07, 2010, 07:32 PM

Diametric views will always exist, it is never going to change. This is why it should be a constitutional right in any democratic society to use lethal weapons to protect oneself.

This is why I never agree when governments hand out rights to groups rather then individuals, in all cases it is individuals who need protection from the mob, and a state should work in such a fashion to guarantee the rights of individuals without inadvertently giving more rights to groups/mobs.
     Reply #203 - December 07, 2010, 07:37 PM

If my religion says that Jews are bad people without explicitly commanding me to do something about it, I guess it's still okay to practice my religion.  When does that line get crossed?

Displacing the blame from human into inanimate objects is rather silly, even if the Qu'ran tells the Muslims to kill Jews, so what? it is only a problem if folks act upon those views, and even then Qur'an is not to blame, it is the group/person who has an inability to distinguish fact from fiction who is the problem.
     Reply #204 - December 07, 2010, 07:38 PM

there are valid concerns about the loss of freedoms and other Enlightenment values.

Indeed!

Personally, I would be up in arms about any kind of compromise on freedoms, such as the banning of criticism/mockery of religion.

We are!

Are there big success stories in transforming attitudes?  How effective have the CEMB campaigns been?  

We are beginning to make inroads, get noticed and gain support. As for transforming attitudes - things happen slowly - but there are many individuals - including some on this forum - who have come to see that what CEMB is doing is the right way to go about opposing Islamists and defending freedom and human rights. We also get a lot of letters and emails of support and have prominent thinkers like Dawkins, AC Grayling and politicians like Evan Harris, activists like Peter Thatchel etc... who support us.
     Reply #205 - December 07, 2010, 07:42 PM

I don't want to be associated with them, this forum ideally should be separate, in should clearly state is has noting to do with, Iran.

Well Tough Tittie Tut - coz as long as you are on this forum then you are associated with them.

This is the CEMB forum.
     Reply #206 - December 07, 2010, 07:45 PM

I don't want some Mad Iranian Intelligence poking their noses around here.
     Reply #207 - December 07, 2010, 07:51 PM

Displacing the blame from human into inanimate objects is rather silly, even if the Qu'ran tells the Muslims to kill Jews, so what? it is only a problem if folks act upon those views, and even then Qur'an is not to blame, it is the group/person who has an inability to distinguish fact from fiction who is the problem.

If a book / magazine / anything calls for violence against a particular group, that's hate speech/incitement to violence in any court of law. If people commit violence because of those books, that makes the case even stronger about that book inciting to violence. If a country has existing laws against hate speech, those laws should be applied against the quran. Just because its a religious book doesn't mean its above the law.
     Reply #208 - December 07, 2010, 07:57 PM

I don't want some Mad Iranian Intelligence poking their noses around here.

You've been whinging about Maryam and the others who founded CEMB since 2007 - but you're still here I see Wink
     Reply #209 - December 07, 2010, 08:06 PM

As somewhat of an idealist, I'm for absolute freedom of speech.  From this perspective, you should be able to publish whatever the hell you want, including Mein Kampf, Deuteronomy, the Quran, and the like.  You should also be able to criticize the hell out of whatever gets said or published without any fears.  Of course the problem with this is that there are a lot of idiots out there who would turn words into actions.
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »