Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi:)

(Read 28256 times)
  • 12 3 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi:)
     OP - December 06, 2010, 03:10 PM

Hey Everyone!

I was on google searching different topics pertaining to islam and christianity and stumbled upon this forum

ive been reading some threads and im surprised to know theres so many ex muslims out there!

Im not sure what i consider myself...ive been seriously struggling with islam for a very long time and dont really consider myself a "muslim"...however i do believe there is a god out there my only struggle is finding a god i believe in which is proving difficult

recently ive started looking into christanity...but seriously its soo confusing i dont even know where to start:S

plus theres sooo many different sects within christanity that finding the one that i fit in the most is proving hard

its all a strange but exciting path im on and will see where i end up lol

btw family does NOT know...i live in canada in a area that is like 90% muslim and all my friends are muslim...family is strict muslim also...my brother being a quran teacher and coming from a generation of Mu'allims so ya its difficult for me...i dont ever plan on telling them..lol ill take this to my grave cuz if anyone in my family ever found out id be an outcast...disowned and would fear for my life

btw im somali so ya for all u somali people u know how hard it is wacko

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
    (I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu)
    A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
  • Re: Hi:)
     Reply #1 - December 06, 2010, 03:13 PM

Welcome, Nessa.  bunny

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #2 - December 06, 2010, 03:16 PM

You are probably a deist.  You believe in god but not religion.

I don't see why anyone should have to look for god's religion. If god is so perfect then any religion it created would be objectively superior to man made religions and there would be no question as to which one to follow.  Any religion from a perfect god would also be perfect and there would be no doubt as to any of the meanings in order for sects to form, and yet every religion on Earth has sects - the reality is that these are just manifestations of a viral idea spreading and mutating in order to survive changing societies.

But anyway.....welcome :-)

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #3 - December 06, 2010, 03:21 PM

Hey Everyone!

I was on google searching different topics pertaining to islam and christianity and stumbled upon this forum

ive been reading some threads and im surprised to know theres so many ex muslims out there!

Im not sure what i consider myself...ive been seriously struggling with islam for a very long time and dont really consider myself a "muslim"...however i do believe there is a god out there my only struggle is finding a god i believe in which is proving difficult

recently ive started looking into christanity...but seriously its soo confusing i dont even know where to start:S

plus theres sooo many different sects within christanity that finding the one that i fit in the most is proving hard

btw family does NOT know...i live in canada in a area that is like 90% muslim and all my friends are muslim...family is strict muslim also...my brother being a quran teacher and coming from a generation of Mu'allims so ya its difficult for me...i dont ever plan on telling them..lol ill take this to my grave cuz if anyone in my family ever found out id be an outcast...disowned and would fear for my life

btw im somali so ya for all u somali people u know how hard it is wacko

Good nice to meet you. Firstly, don't jump from one absurdity (Islam) to a another absurdity (Christianity) it might make you feel happy and give you a fuzzy warm feeling, at the end of the day it as about as much credibility as the faith you left it for. So intellectually you've not grown. Facts are truths are more precious then magical thinking, because magical thinking raises more questions then it answers.

Moreover, you are Deist, you think a god exists but don't really believe in organized religion, which is fair enough, but puts the burden of proof on you, remember that. 
     Reply #4 - December 06, 2010, 03:30 PM

Welcome Nessa  Smiley

Yeah (for once) king tut is right. Leaving Islam for Christianity is idiot2 coz well lets face it, christianity is the most retarded out of the 3 abrahamic faiths. Its 1 thing believing a 2000+ yr old man will return to earth but its even more crazier to believe a dead crucified 2000+ yr old zombie will come  Cheesy
     Reply #5 - December 06, 2010, 03:34 PM

Welcome Nessa.  I assume you're living in Mississauga.  In my experience, 'cultural' Muslims who have lost faith in the myth of Islam and prophets but still like the idea of God, tend to turn to deism, as others here suggest.  Take comfort in the realization that there are many other people of Muslim background in the Toronto area who face the same dilemma as you, in having to fake religion to appease peers and family.
     Reply #6 - December 06, 2010, 03:52 PM

christianity is the most retarded out of the 3 abrahamic faiths. Its 1 thing believing a 2000+ yr old man will return to earth but its even more crazier to believe a dead crucified 2000+ yr old zombie will come  Cheesy

A belief in the second coming (in one way or another) is something that is shared by all three Abrahamic faiths, therefore using that as an argument to verify the stupidity of a specific faith is a bit simplistic.

Coz well lets face it, societies where Islam (and I am refering to run-of-the-mill version) gained a foothold are the epitome of backwardness and immorality.

Proper Christianity (not the pagan version that is so popular these days) is something else entirely.

Reply #7 - December 06, 2010, 03:54 PM

Welcome, Nessa.  bunny

Thank you:)

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #8 - December 06, 2010, 03:57 PM

A belief in the second coming (in one way or another) is something that is shared by all three Abrahamic faiths, therefore using that as an argument to verify the stupidity of a specific faith is a bit simplistic.

Coz well lets face it, societies where Islam (and I am refering to run-of-the-mill version) gained a foothold are the epitome of backwardness and immorality.

Proper Christianity (not the pagan version that is so popular these days) is something else entirely.

I know it is. When I said "Its 1 thing believing a 2000+ yr old man will return to earth" I was referring to the Islamic view of the 2nd coming.
     Reply #9 - December 06, 2010, 03:59 PM

You are probably a deist.  You believe in god but not religion.

I don't see why anyone should have to look for god's religion. If god is so perfect then any religion it created would be objectively superior to man made religions and there would be no question as to which one to follow.  Any religion from a perfect god would also be perfect and there would be no doubt as to any of the meanings in order for sects to form, and yet every religion on Earth has sects - the reality is that these are just manifestations of a viral idea spreading and mutating in order to survive changing societies.

But anyway.....welcome :-)

a diest ehh?? ur the second person that has said that to me...never heard of it but will defenelty look into it more now...thanx!

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #10 - December 06, 2010, 04:02 PM

Good nice to meet you. Firstly, don't jump from one absurdity (Islam) to a another absurdity (Christianity) it might make you feel happy and give you a fuzzy warm feeling, at the end of the day it as about as much credibility as the faith you left it for. So intellectually you've not grown. Facts are truths are more precious then magical thinking, because magical thinking raises more questions then it answers.

Moreover, you are Deist, you think a god exists but don't really believe in organized religion, which is fair enough, but puts the burden of proof on you, remember that. 

im not planning on converting to christianity lol...im just reading up on it and learning about it..i dont know i feel like i have to find a religion i fit in although i dont know why...lol im a confusing person so i dont know if u understand what i meant by that:p

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #11 - December 06, 2010, 04:06 PM

a diest ehh?? ur the second person that has said that to me...never heard of it but will defenelty look into it more now...thanx!

Here is more information about Deism:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Quote from: Wikipedia
    Deism (pronounced /ˈdiːɪzəm/, us dict: dē′·ĭzm)[1][2] in the philosophy of religion is the standpoint that reason and observation of the natural world, without the need for organized religion, can determine that a supreme being created the universe. Further the term often implies that this supreme being does not intervene in human affairs or suspend the natural laws of the universe. Deists typically reject supernatural events such as prophecy and miracles, tending to assert that God (or "The Supreme Architect") has a plan for the universe that is not to be altered by intervention in the affairs of human life. Deists believe in the existence of God, in a secular sense, without any reliance on revealed religion, religious authority or holy books.

Reply #12 - December 06, 2010, 04:07 PM

Reply #13 - December 06, 2010, 04:08 PM

Spend some time here and you'll be fine Cheesy

"Tomorrow is the today you were worried about yesterday" Unknown
     Reply #14 - December 06, 2010, 04:17 PM

Welcome Nessa  Smiley

Yeah (for once) king tut is right. Leaving Islam for Christianity is idiot2 coz well lets face it, christianity is the most retarded out of the 3 abrahamic faiths. Its 1 thing believing a 2000+ yr old man will return to earth but its even more crazier to believe a dead crucified 2000+ yr old zombie will come  Cheesy

lol ill keep that in mind:p

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #15 - December 06, 2010, 04:18 PM

Welcome Nessa.  I assume you're living in Mississauga.  In my experience, 'cultural' Muslims who have lost faith in the myth of Islam and prophets but still like the idea of God, tend to turn to deism, as others here suggest.  Take comfort in the realization that there are many other people of Muslim background in the Toronto area who face the same dilemma as you, in having to fake religion to appease peers and family.

nope im not in missisuage...but close enough to it:D

i never thought there were other ppl leaving islam...let alone somalis leaving islam...thats such a taboo thing in our culture(so is homosexuality)

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #16 - December 06, 2010, 04:20 PM

Hi Nessa

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #17 - December 06, 2010, 04:23 PM

Here is more information about Deism:

thanx!!

King Tut...ill check out that link...thanx!

lol mufa9a...im already addicted to the forum:p

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #18 - December 06, 2010, 04:23 PM

Hi Nessa

Hi:D

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #19 - December 06, 2010, 04:31 PM

Welcome victory

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #20 - December 06, 2010, 04:36 PM

Hi Loki:)

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #21 - December 06, 2010, 04:38 PM

signwelcome
     Here's your parrot.    parrot
     Reply #22 - December 06, 2010, 04:40 PM

Are there other Diests on this forum?? Would like to converse with them...im reading up on it and i do agree with alot of what it teaches...
    Deism holds that God does not intervene with the functioning of the natural world in any way, allowing it to run according to the laws of nature that he configured when he created all things.

^^ that appeals to me alot!

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #23 - December 06, 2010, 04:42 PM

Hi Nessa. Glad you found us. Welcome aboard.  Smiley

Cry How old are you?

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
    ~ Douglas Adams
     Reply #24 - December 06, 2010, 04:47 PM

I can imagine, anyway welcome & enjoy your stay  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #25 - December 06, 2010, 04:52 PM

Hi Nessa. Glad you found us. Welcome aboard.  Smiley

Cry How old are you?

im 21....and until i can get a job and graduate i have to put up with it...although it can be really hard...for instance right now im at my uni libuary and yes im wearing hijab...do i like it? NO but i have no choice so i gotta put up with it!

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #26 - December 06, 2010, 04:53 PM

Are there other Diests on this forum?? Would like to converse with them...im reading up on it and i do agree with alot of what it teaches...
    ^^ that appeals to me alot!

I think there are. Deism still does not explain God. And even if there is a completely apathetic god, why should he require worship anyway?   
     Reply #27 - December 06, 2010, 04:54 PM

Welcome, Nessa. If you absolutely must be in an organized religion, perhaps this would appeal to you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalist_Association

fuck you
     Reply #28 - December 06, 2010, 04:55 PM

king tut...still reading about it...but a part of me just wants to give up right now... im getting tired of trying to find "the right religion".... blahh im in a weird mood today mysmilie_977

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #29 - December 06, 2010, 04:57 PM

Welcome, Nessa. If you absolutely must be in an organized religion, perhaps this would appeal to you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalist_Association

so its like a different sect of christianity that is more liberal?

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
  • 12 3 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »