Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Confused...

(Read 11683 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Confused...
     Reply #30 - November 27, 2010, 01:44 PM

Golden rule?

Golden Rule is the cornerstone of humanism - treat other humans the way you wish to be treated.  That way even if there is a god out there, and heaven exists, then you will get there.  

I am 100% sure about whether a creator exists or not, what I am 100% sure about is that ALL religions are manmade.  After all, why did they all require MEN to propogate them, rather than the creator himself  Huh?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #31 - November 27, 2010, 01:45 PM

Welcome to the forum, Aisha. ...............................

Here, you will find plenty of information on Islam and religion in general. Hope you stick around, and keep your chin up. Wink

That Pdf file in this forum is the greatest contribution from the folks of CEMB

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10465.0

I think it is must for a newcomer to read that file... indeed you are right dear Heyjustlooking., This forum does help those who are in confusion..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #32 - November 27, 2010, 01:45 PM

You posts just seem to get shorter & shorter.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #33 - November 27, 2010, 01:47 PM

Golden Rule is the cornerstone of humanism - treat other humans the way you wish to be treated.  That way even if there is a god out there, and heaven exists, then you will get there.  

I am 100% sure about whether a creator exists or not, what I am 100% sure about is that ALL religions are manmade.  After all, why did they all require MEN to propogate them, rather than the creator himself  Huh?

The rule is only as good as the individual though i.e. what about sadomasochists and psychopaths?

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #34 - November 27, 2010, 01:50 PM

ha..Ha!  you don't know about the Golden rule of Mullah dear IsLame .,  here it is

Golden rule of Islam:
       " If you deliver infidels to Allah, Allah will deliver houris to you."

and that is from Ayesha Ahmed

Reply #35 - November 27, 2010, 01:51 PM

The rule is only as good as the individual though i.e. what about sadomasochists and psychopaths?

They are NOT human beings with Human thoughts dear Heyjustlooking ., as you described they are "sadomasochists and psychopaths"

Reply #36 - November 27, 2010, 01:51 PM

yes I know but there are loads of variants of it - you could go with treat other humans the way they wish to be treated Wink

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #37 - November 27, 2010, 01:57 PM

yes I know but there are loads of variants of it - you could go with treat other humans the way they wish to be treated Wink

Ye, I think that answers my question. Thanks Smiley

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #38 - November 27, 2010, 01:58 PM

You posts just seem to get shorter & shorter.

I like to think they are getting more concise.
     Reply #39 - November 27, 2010, 02:00 PM

^^^Loving the humour, Prince.

Reply #40 - November 27, 2010, 03:14 PM

thnkyu this has all helped a lot, im just gonna carry on researching everything and see where it takes me. Smiley
     Reply #41 - November 27, 2010, 03:48 PM

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
     Reply #42 - November 27, 2010, 03:49 PM

In this research of yours you might want to take a look at the blog of "our" resident Sufi - The Tailor.

Here is what he has to say about BBC Panorama programme investigating extremism in UK Islamic schools which was aired just a few days ago: http://thegoodgarment.wordpress.com/2010/11/24/deschooling-islamislamic-deschooling/#more-2769

Very insightful.

There are some truly progressive interpretations of Islam, but a lot of interpretations (most?) are borderline crazy and inhumane. And what is worst - blasphemous.
     Reply #43 - November 27, 2010, 06:56 PM

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

again thanks 4 that. I tried brigning the topic up with my best friend, but she just completely dismissed it -and shes normally so helpful. I guess this is the only place i cancome now to discuss things
     Reply #44 - November 27, 2010, 07:02 PM

I used to believe that too as a Muslim. It was difficult for me to believe that my non-Muslim friends would be tortured for eternity simply because they didn't believe in Islam. But that's not Islam. In Islam, if you don't believe that there is only one God and that Mohammed was his messenger, you burn in hell. For eternity.

Do you acknowledge that the MAIN reason for you being a Muslim is that you're parents are Muslim? Do you accept that if you were born to Hindu parents, you'd believe in Hinduism; if you were born to Christian parents, you'd be a Christian; if you were born to Scientologist parents, you'd be a scientologist? Now ask yourself this: what sort of god would punish people for eternity simply because of the accident of their birth? DO you think it is fair? Do you think this is just, that a God would punish you for eternity simply because you were born into the "wrong" religion?
    It was hard for me to leave because of that. I'm from East London and the majority of my friends are Muslim too, my apostasy was very difficult because of that. I felt alone, isolated and that I didn't have anyone to talk to. Leaving Islam isn't easy, take your time and use your reason.Sorry to hear that :(

Don't believe for a second that it was your fault. Even if it was, again, what sort of god would punish your mother for something that YOU did?
    Don't worry, they won't go to hell.......

....cos Islam is made up Smiley

yes  i do realise that I'mónly muslim because of the family I was born into, in fct a few years ago  I used to dream of the day i would turn 18 so i could just get away from it all (mostly my dad and his stupid beliefs) but now that my mums ill its not that easy...
    i have alson now come to some sort of acceptance that its not my fault, just 1 of those things that happen
    While im feeling like this it seems wrong to still wear an abaya and hijab, but im scared of the reaction I'll get if i take it off. Any suggestions?
     Reply #45 - November 27, 2010, 07:10 PM

While im feeling like this it seems wrong to still wear an abaya and hijab, but im scared of the reaction I'll get if i take it off. Any suggestions?

There was a thread on it, when somebody choronicled her experience taking it off - I dont rememeber where it is, but if you have the time then run a search for thread titles with hijab

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #46 - November 27, 2010, 07:15 PM

Do it gradually, take the abaya off first - not many Muslim girls wear it anyway, see how it goes, then try and take your hijab off. Good luck.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #47 - November 27, 2010, 07:17 PM

There was a thread on it, when somebody choronicled her experience taking it off - I dont rememeber where it is, but if you have the time then run a search for thread titles with hijab

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10814.0

Is this it?

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #48 - November 27, 2010, 07:22 PM

no

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #49 - November 27, 2010, 07:36 PM

Welcome Aysha,

I think it's really sad the way we human beings interpret bad things that happen to us as being a punishment for being bad.

A child blames himself for his parents fighting - it must be because he's been a naughty boy.

Agree with him 100%. I've been in this predicament many, many, many times. I hope you do find we help.

Bless you, Aisha, there's no punishment for a bad relationship - it's a punishment in itself but good practice for the future too.  Next time around, it'll be easier.
    It's difficult when you've been spoonfed that kind of guilt rubbish but try to rid yourself of the notion that you're going to be 'punished' for this that or the other imagined misdemeanour.  You aren't running on tracks to the extent that you'll be derailed if you don't run to a time table outside of your own control. Presumably, you live in the UK and you have a Western outlook.  Take the advice that makes the most sense to you and plan it into the future you want for yourself.

Afro Again, 100% agree. I was born to a Christian family, "reverted" or converted to Islam and regretted it. After I deconverted I wanted to try Christianity (I was born a Catholic) and I found the same garbage in Christianity as Islam. It took a lot of looking within myself. I really, really do believe that's what one needs to do. If you do have any thoughts, questions, rants, raves, whatever, don't be afraid to post here! We're here to help!

Welcome, Aisha!  far away hug

Is your grammar defective? Just askin'.

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you." - Rumi

Reply #50 - November 27, 2010, 07:56 PM

Salaams Aisha,

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I have friends who suffer from Parkinson's: with her family's support and love, she will get through!

I'm the "resident Sufi" mentioned earlier. I'd say Islame's suggestion of reading the Qur'an in translation and speaking to this forum is good suggestion.

Most people address what they believe/don't believe, around the time they enter university, it's a good time for thinking these things over.

I believe myself to be an authority on the Qur'an and the sunnah of Prophecy (though anyone who dislikes Sufis would tend to disagree -- at least I can say the study of the Qur'an occupies a large portion of my days and has done for quite a while).  In particular, I believe in Allah and the Qur'an -- but take a Sufi reading.

As such, I can tell you the following, from my perspective:

* It makes no difference to Allah if you wear hijab or not. I can't judge because I don't know you well enough -- but it might even be a bad thing (Islamically) to wear hijab at this point in your life.

* Allah wants you to date. Or, more specifically, Allah wants you to find love (because as a Sufi I believe Allah is love, the main way a human knows Allah is by first loving yourself -- and then finding other humans to love, and the most common way to do that, living in the 21st century in the West, is by dating). Of course, pick the right kind of people -- though making mistakes with people is also just part of maturing -- so don't worry if you make mistakes either. Please avoid bastards if you can, there are a few out there.

* More seriously, the Sufi does not pray to "ask" for things or to stop Allah from getting angry at them. That kind of Allah (one which grants wishes from prayers or who gets angry) is an illusion -- actually it is what we call taghut, false idolatry. To imagine such a God (beyond your childhood) can be potentially psychologically damaging: certainly full blown atheism is much healthier.

On the plus side, it means you never ought to worry about Allah getting angry with you ... and all bad things that happen are just part of life -- not a "supernatural" effect.

On the down side, it means you can't really "ask" God to make things better in your life. The purpose of prayer is simply to bring about Peace and Love in your mind/body/soul. But, done in the right kind of way, if you do feel peaceful, then that will have a knock-on effect to other parts of your life and the people you love around you (if you are peaceful, they will vibe off that and also feel peaceful, make those who are suffering from illness feel more physically/spiritually comfortable, etc).

Feel free to contact me here or via private email if you want some tips on Sufi reading material.

The Tailor of CEMB

The Divisions of Love, second album by my Cabbalacore band, the Friends of Design, out now:

https://vimeo.com/110528857
     Reply #51 - November 27, 2010, 08:38 PM

Finally a "Fatwa" I can support!  Afro

I vote "The Tailor" the official CEMB Mufti - and Sheikh Rattle and Roll   grin12

* It makes no difference to Allah if you wear hijab or not. I can't judge because I don't know you well enough -- but it might even be a bad thing (Islamically) to wear hijab at this point in your life.

* Allah wants you to date. Or, more specifically, Allah wants you to find love (because as a Sufi I believe Allah is love, the main way a human knows Allah is by first loving yourself -- and then finding other humans to love, and the most common way to do that, living in the 21st century in the West, is by dating). Of course, pick the right kind of people -- though making mistakes with people is also just part of maturing -- so don't worry if you make mistakes either. Please avoid bastards if you can, there are a few out there.

* More seriously, the Sufi does not pray to "ask" for things or to stop Allah from getting angry at them. That kind of Allah (one which grants wishes from prayers or who gets angry) is an illusion -- actually it is what we call taghut, false idolatry. To imagine such a God (beyond your childhood) can be potentially psychologically damaging: certainly full blown atheism is much healthier.

On the plus side, it means you never ought to worry about Allah getting angry with you ... and all bad things that happen are just part of life -- not a "supernatural" effect.

On the down side, it means you can't really "ask" God to make things better in your life. The purpose of prayer is simply to bring about Peace and Love in your mind/body/soul. But, done in the right kind of way, if you do feel peaceful, then that will have a knock-on effect to other parts of your life and the people you love around you (if you are peaceful, they will vibe off that and also feel peaceful, make those who are suffering from illness feel more physically/spiritually comfortable, etc).

Reply #52 - November 27, 2010, 09:52 PM

It would be an honour to serve in such a position : Insert evil laugh

But seriously, Aisha was lucky to pick the right forum I think ... there's lots of kind people here ...

The Divisions of Love, second album by my Cabbalacore band, the Friends of Design, out now:

https://vimeo.com/110528857
     Reply #53 - November 28, 2010, 12:22 AM

lol i can just imagine all the ridicule she will face at the ummah forms.

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #54 - December 05, 2010, 03:29 AM

Aw, there are a lot of bad relationships out there, and you'll probably fall into several (lthey're like holes) before you settle down. Don't blame yourself!
     Reply #55 - December 05, 2010, 05:03 AM

Oh Tailor, if only there were more people like you out there...  Kiss

"What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say."
     Reply #56 - December 07, 2010, 05:16 AM

Salaams Aisha,

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I have friends who suffer from Parkinson's: with her family's support and love, she will get through!

I'm the "resident Sufi" mentioned earlier. I'd say Islame's suggestion of reading the Qur'an in translation and speaking to this forum is good suggestion.

Most people address what they believe/don't believe, around the time they enter university, it's a good time for thinking these things over.

I believe myself to be an authority on the Qur'an and the sunnah of Prophecy (though anyone who dislikes Sufis would tend to disagree -- at least I can say the study of the Qur'an occupies a large portion of my days and has done for quite a while).  In particular, I believe in Allah and the Qur'an -- but take a Sufi reading.

As such, I can tell you the following, from my perspective:

Feel free to contact me here or via private email if you want some tips on Sufi reading material.

The Tailor of CEMB

Nice post TT. I think if I would ever go back to Islam (a chance of 1 in a zillion billions), I would become a Sufi of TT type.  Afro

Reply #57 - December 07, 2010, 11:03 AM

^^  I woudn't call it Islam, but never mind. parrot  It sounds like a good idea -- or at least an idea worth trying -- to start a religion like this, to steal market-share from (orthodox) Islam.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #58 - December 07, 2010, 12:25 PM

Tailor there are philosophies in Sufism that I think are
    tremendous and beautiful.  I remember I had first started reading
    some of Rumi's poetry and writings years ago, and was so
    enamored with the way he thought.  He expressed many
    things that I didn't know how to put in words.  I think my
    favorite of his published writings was, "Look! This is Love!"

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »