Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Save Asia Bibi. The Rampant Terrorization of Blasphemy Laws in Pakistan

(Read 35612 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Save Asia Bibi. The Rampant Terrorization of Blasphemy Laws in Pakistan
     Reply #30 - December 21, 2010, 12:29 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S_rzVLThZc

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #31 - December 21, 2010, 12:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxUoEAE6lxY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNX86x2Sqa8

Reply #32 - December 21, 2010, 12:59 AM

Goddam uneduated apes!  This really sickens me!  finmad

As if tearing a wife and mother away from her family and killing her is supposedly 'Islamic'. 

This case is about a serious lack of eduation amongst rural Pakistanis.  As a white American I've been there and have seen first hand how a lack of education keeps these people back in the stone age.  wacko

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #33 - December 21, 2010, 01:01 AM

Those fucking beardos are so happy and crying 'tears of joy' over the killing of a minority woman who was only trying to share some water because they get no other entertainment out there I bet plus life is cheap, especially if it's female life.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #34 - December 31, 2010, 11:14 AM

These baboons with Bedouin brains goes on Rampage on the streets of Pakistan for the sake Blasphemy laws "

Protesting for strict enforcement of Blasphemy laws_ Karachi

File photo showing activists chanting slogans against Asia Bibi, a Christian mother sentenced to death, during a protest in Lahore on December 3, 2010. PHOTO: RIAZ AHMED

http://www.dawn.com/2010/12/31/420931.html
    KARACHI: A shutter down strike was being observed in several parts of Pakistan on Friday on the call of religious parties to protest against what they believe are plans by the government to change the country’s blasphemy law.

All major markets and business centres were closed in big cities and towns.

In Karachi, no public transport was available and commuters were facing difficulties.

The strike was also being observed in Lahore, Gujranwala, Peshawar, Quetta, Kashmore, Hazara division and Kandhkot.

Protest rallies and demonstrations were being carried out against any proposed amendments to the blasphemy law. In Karachi, protestors demonstrating on the Mauripur road blocked the intersection and suspended traffic.

Moreover, a report said, protestors, carrying sticks and chanting anti-government slogans, blocked traffic by setting tyres on fire in Karachi’s Shirin Jinnah Colony. A police team reached the scene and persuaded the demonstrators to end the blockade, it said.

In the southwestern town of Chaman, thousands of protestors chanting anti-American slogans rallied and warned the government against any move to change the blasphemy law.

The law came under the spotlight after a Christian woman was sentenced to death in November by a court on charges of insulting Islam. Critics say the law is used to persecute religious minorities, fan religious extremism and settle personal scores.

“This government is planning to change the blasphemy law under foreign pressure but Muslims of this country will never allow it to do so,” Abdul Raheem Mazhari, a cleric and a local leader of the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam party, told protestors.

Earlier, on Thursday, Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Syed Khurshid Shah appealed to religio-political parties to call off Friday`s strike and categorically declared that the government was not bringing any bill to amend the blasphemy law.

Shah said that after his categorical statement on the floor of the National Assembly on Wednesday an attempt to bring people on the street by exploiting religion was detrimental to the country’s interest.

He alleged that those agitating on the issue were exploiting religion for ulterior motives.

The strike call was given by the “Namoos-i-Risalat” conference held recently under the auspices of Majlis-i-Tahafuz-i-Khatm-i-Nabuwwat.

Reply #35 - December 31, 2010, 11:16 AM

These baboons with Bedouin brains

yeezeevee is the master of alliteration  Grin

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #36 - December 31, 2010, 12:08 PM

yeezeevee is the master of alliteration  Grin

look at this picture billy..

Don't that  old goat  look like baboon ?., There must be a jizya tax  on these idiots.  instead of those drones,  Americans should take Barbers/shaving creme and a sharp razor to clean shave the rascals, Better alternative is  to  discover some chemical when added to food takes away all their hair permanently. Couple of year later we can put  a burkha on their heads and force them to cook in their home so that their women folk  will work in some offices..

Reply #37 - December 31, 2010, 12:12 PM

Kristiane Becker had her great spiritual experience here! So powerful was the experience that she couldn't  resist converting to this great advanced religion! She should come down from England and preach to these rascals about Islam! Cheesy Cheesy

@ nour  Is a lack of education an excuse? You don't need to be educated to be human. These 'baboons' are unique!In many cases even education doesn't make a difference. The mentality doesn't change but is masked by a veil of sophistication. I find it very baffling.

look at this picture billy..

(Clicky for piccy!)
    Don't that  old goat  look like baboon ?., There must be a jizya tax  on these idiots.  instead of those drones,  Americans should take Barbers/shaving creme and a sharp razor to clean shave the rascals, Better alternative is  to  discover some chemical when added to food takes away all their hair permanently..

Lmao Afro

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #38 - December 31, 2010, 12:29 PM

Kristiane Becker had her great spiritual experience ,,,,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFs_Y43sgc

Fool didn't read Quran/hadith/early Islamic history.. Put on Burkha and go and live in an Islamic country..

Listen to that lady GITA SAHAGAL in that video...

Reply #39 - December 31, 2010, 12:30 PM

These blasphemy laws seem to border on making Christianity (and mother other religions) illegal. It also may come to the point of making it almost impossible for a non-Muslim to talk about or ask about religion at some point- you would be too worried about offending some and ending up in trouble !

El bien mas preciado / es la libertad
    hay que defenderla / con fe y valor.
     Reply #40 - December 31, 2010, 12:44 PM

That rascal Mehdi Hasan again! finmad finmad

Who knows after PR work like this even UK might enact a blasphemy law to protect delicate Muslim sensibilities!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Reply #41 - December 31, 2010, 01:34 PM

LOL I doubt it hypo, blasphemy law was only done away with in 2008. 

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #42 - January 12, 2011, 06:29 AM

what sickens me even more is people praising hanging flowers around the piece of scum that shot the very governor he was supposed to be guarding!  finmad

he obviously broke the law by murdering a governor but is he getting convicted? no, he's getting applauded and praised and revered like a hero. what bullshit.

Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius,
    et quod est superius est sicut quod est inferius,
    ad perpetranda miracula rei unius.
     Reply #43 - January 14, 2011, 02:54 AM

Key Facts  about Pakistan:

The current population in Pakistan is an estimated 184 million people from different backgrounds that follow different faiths. Here are some estimates of the religious breakdown in the country:

• Islam: 173,000,000 (97%) (the majority are Sunni Muslims, 5-20% are Shi’a)

• Hinduism: 3,200,000 (1.6%)

• Christianity: 2,800,000 (1.6%)

• Sikhs: 20,000 (0.001%)

• The remaining are Parsis, Ahmedis, Buddhists, Jews, Bahá’ís, and Animists (mainly the Kalasha of Chitral).

read it all on IN-DEPTH- Religious Minorities Special Report

http://www.dawn.com/in-depth-religious-minorities-special-report

Nationally recognized religious holidays:

• Eid-ul-Azha (Feast of the Sacrifice of Abraham)

• Muharram (Islamic New Year)

• Ashura

• Eid-i-Milad-un-Nabi (Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad);

• Ramadan commencement

• Eid-ul-Fitr (end of Ramadan)

• Christmas (December 25)

* Muslim holidays are observed nationally, and Christian holidays are elective for Christians only.

Reply #44 - January 27, 2011, 03:00 PM

Asia bibi  Condemned for blasphemy is now in isolation
    http://www.speroforum.com/site/article.asp?id=47451&t=Pakistan%3A+Condemned+for+blasphemy%2C+Christian+woman+now+in+isolation

Asia Bibi, the Christian woman condemned to death accused of blasphemy and imprisoned in a Sheikhpura jail in Pakistan for over a year and a half has been moved into an isolation cell. This is according to her husband, Ashiq Masih, who has just visited her. After receiving multiple many threats, and given the danger that Asia may be killed at any moment, the prison authorities in agreement with the government have finally decided to elevate security levels for her protection.

Now Asia is being held in an isolation cell, with two guards in view, while two telecameras are trained on her 24 hours a day. The food given to her is also strictly controlled. To avoid the risk of poisoning, raw food is given to her and she is allowed to cook the food for herself.

Asia, said Ashiq, “is still sad and worried for her children. I told her to trust in God and that we are doing everything to secure her freedom. I have also told her that all Christians and people of good will in Pakistan will pray for her on the World Day of Peace on 30 January.”

According to the Masihi Foundation, that is providing assistance to Asia'a family, “she is enjoying greater protection, but she will only be safe when she can leave the Country.” The Foundation is trying to organise a family visit for Asia in jail but awaits the necessary authorisation. Nothing new, but it is possible that she will be transferred to another prison. Ashiq refers to today's event for Asia Bibi in Italy, 26 January, as “a good sign and hope, especially for young people, who can learn the values of justice and tolerance.”

read it all at the link...

Reply #45 - January 27, 2011, 03:25 PM

• The remaining are Parsis, Ahmedis, Buddhists, Jews, Bahá’ís, and Animists (mainly the Kalasha of Chitral)

Looks like another undeniable proof of tolerance in Islam  Cheesy

(Btw, 97%+1.6%+1.6%+0.001%=100.201%=very little room for "remaining")

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
     Reply #46 - January 27, 2011, 04:35 PM

Fool didn't read Quran/hadith/early Islamic history.. Put on Burkha and go and live in an Islamic country..

Are you an Ex-Muslim Yeezevee? She's gullible for having believed dawagandist who presented Islam to her in that way, but it's not fair for you to call her stupid just because she could not imagine that she was lied to in such a way. For some of us it is harder to realize how deceitful people can be.

Reply #47 - January 27, 2011, 08:40 PM

Are you an Ex-Muslim Yeezevee? She's gullible for having believed dawagandist who presented Islam to her in that way, but it's not fair for you to call her stupid just because she could not imagine that she was lied to in such a way. For some of us it is harder to realize how deceitful people can be.

Do you think she's wise?
    To me she comes across like a person whose computer is infected by a trojan. While a savvy user can detect the subtle symptoms from the way his system behaves and get rid of it , an average user can at least follow some set routines and use appropriate software to maintain the health of the system by regular disinfection of the nasties .
    Not doing so is gross negligence if not sheer stupidity.
    She's a victim of her own fantasies.
    Her ah-ha! moment came in Pakistan of all the places,where she came across many absolutely poor people surviving because of their 'great religiosity and connection with Allah!'[note the glorification of poverty here; a pet Western fantasy]

The truth of the matter is that Allah or no Allah! these people have no choice and will survive---basic survival instinct, and there are many people like that at many places on earth.
    To a person from the west who has become obese with the luxuries he has enjoyed this appears to be very miraculous.
    The dawahgandists must have pounced on this observation of hers and ensnared her, with confirmation bias ensuring her 'imprisonment'.
    What escapes her 'enlightened' mind is :As an independent woman there was nothing stopping her from living her life the way she wanted in the very culture she has come to despise.This is true for each and every citizen of UK.No one forces anyone to go on binge drinking or sleep around mindlessly,Christianity doesn't recommend this either AFAIK. If you are stupid enough to indulge in those things,you have to take responsibility for your actions and pay the price.
    But when Islam says the very things that Christianity has said about these matters they come as a big revelation and people forget about individual rights and submit meekly to Allah's dictates and feel so self-righteous.
    It's a funny world

Thomas Paine

Reply #48 - January 27, 2011, 08:56 PM

I did not say she is wise. I said it is wrong to call her stupid. Especially so on an Ex-Muslim forum, where most people have gone through a similar madness and thus, unlike you, who has been fortunate to never be deluded, can empathize. Though empathy should be a common human trait, I am sure it is harder for an outsider like yourself to have the feeling. So why not let Ex-Muslims share their experience and show a little respect?

Reply #49 - January 27, 2011, 10:43 PM

How do I answer you Alex Lam Meem??
    I did not say she is wise.

well if the person with that level of education and background is NOT wise then what do you say to such person  Alex Lam Meem??

anyways watch her., I will answer rest of your post..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct8ZjXSyS6I

Reply #50 - January 27, 2011, 10:57 PM

Yes, please tell me why you wasted 10 min of my life with this useless video? I did not know anything about this convert before, not when or how she converted, nor what music she likes and and now that I do know it, I can tell you that: still none of it matters.
    You are talking in a forum for people who were Muslims. One day this woman in the video may be an Ex-Muslim. So go ahead and explain to my the rationality behind your Muslim-hater views.

Reply #51 - January 28, 2011, 02:40 AM

not very bright for a Christian girl in Pakistan, apparently she said

I don't believe that Asia Bibi said anything like that. I am sure that the charge was made up for personal vindictive reasons. The Muslim woman who accused Asia Bibi felt insulted or was humiliated, so she made the accusation of blasphemy.

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #52 - January 28, 2011, 10:27 AM

I don't believe that Asia Bibi said anything like that. I am sure that the charge was made up for personal vindictive reasons. The Muslim woman who accused Asia Bibi felt insulted or was humiliated, so she made the accusation of blasphemy.

You are absolutely right there Mr. Ram., It is impossible for a Christian woman worker on a field with  a land owner being Muslim and the rest of the workers being Muslim to say those words in the land of pure.  These fucking burkh clad  faceless woman are jealous of that Christian lady and her freedom and they seem to be harassing her all the time so she may have shot back some words against these fools.

and such outburst on a group of Muslims in land of pure by other minority religious folks quite often leads to this disgrace blasphemy jail/beatings/murders.. 

Reply #53 - January 28, 2011, 10:40 AM

Yes, please tell me why you wasted 10 min of my life with this useless video? I did not know anything about this convert before, not when or how she converted, nor what music she likes and and now that I do know it, I can tell you that: still none of it matters.
    You are talking in a forum for people who were Muslims. One day this woman in the video may be an Ex-Muslim. So go ahead and explain to my(me?) the rationality behind your Muslim-hater views.

What is happening dear Alex LM?  there are many issues going on in this thread  and some stem from your post/questions

1).   Asia Bibi  & Blasphemy Laws in Pakistan.

2).  yeezevee  calling Kristiane Backer as "STUPID"

3). Who is yeezevee?? who the fuck are you yeezevee?? are you an  EX_MUSLIM??   if not why are you writing in CEMB??

4)   the 4th one is new one from you dear Alex Lam Meem  and that is those highlighted words..

I(yeezevee) have to explain you "The rationality behind my Muslim-hater Views"

That is  what I get from your post., did I get those statements right dear Alex Lam Meem ??

Reply #54 - January 28, 2011, 03:56 PM

Hey yeezevee, if you could really summarize your posts, (like one sentence for every 100 sentences) we would be really glad. Smiley

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #55 - January 28, 2011, 06:02 PM

Yeezevee,

You wasted enough of my time already and now you want me to rephrase what I said before? Your four points are completely yours, I never said anything like it.

Reply #56 - February 03, 2011, 11:53 AM

Yeezevee,

You wasted enough of my time already and now you want me to rephrase what I said before? Your four points are completely yours, I never said anything like it.

really??   sorry about that.,  but you see when you accuse some one with something you are supposed explain it in-detail Alex .,  see here
    You are talking in a forum for people who were Muslims. One day this woman in the video may be an Ex-Muslim. So go ahead and explain to my(me?) the rationality behind your Muslim-hater views.

Well if I look carefully,  my past  and my posts in various forums, you do have a point.   For some Pious Muslims who follow Islam according to the book's, My posts and words  do come across as a Muslim hater. The question is whether such hate against certain acts of Muslims in the name of Islam, can it be rational or not is questionable.  

Any ways going back to the thread.,  today's news on that Blasphemy laws of Pakistan to protect the name of Islam and Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) says  "Anti-blasphemy bill that was put on senate floor for voting in the land of pure by that outspoken lady is with drawn"

So now Yahoos with colored beards can have more power to accuse people Blasphemy against Islam And worst will those whop question Islam.. So here is the news link  for you to read http://www.dawn.com/2011/02/03/no-option-but-to-abide-by-pms-decision-on-blasphemy-sherry.html

That Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Wednesday told lawmakers that Rehman “agreed to withdraw her bill according to party policy”.  “The prime minister categorically made it clear that government has no intention to amend the law. Neither he nor the speaker of the national assembly has constituted any committee to consider the amendment bill,” his office said.

A furious Rehman disagreed, but said she had “no option” but abide by the decision after the prime minister ruled out any discussion.

“It was a question of protecting our citizens from injustice done in the name of a religion that values peace and tolerance more than anything else,” she said.

The government had pledged to keep intact the blasphemy law on December 30, in a bid to head off threatened protests.

The move exposed Rehman and Taseer as lone campaigners. Five days later Taseer was murdered outside an Islamabad cafe by his bodyguard, since lauded a hero by hundreds of religious conservative clerics, student activists and lawyers.

The law stirred fresh controversy this week after the arrest of a 17-year-old boy for allegedly writing a blasphemous comment in a school exam.

Well the way things are going .. not sure when they explode where land of Pure becomes Land of war lords..  It is already there  but..

Reply #57 - February 19, 2011, 08:20 PM

Blasphemy protesters back in action   and that is from http://www.dawn.com/2011/02/15/herald-exclusive-what-the-law-says.html

You foolish girls "Don't condemn your dad"  little girls  of Islam should listen to POP.. your daddy., It is there in Islamic  scriptures.  

here are the Laws of Land of Pure on that

Section 295: Harming or defiling a place of worship with intent to insult a religion

Section 295-A: Deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage the religious feelings of any section of society by insulting its religion or religious beliefs

Section 295-B: Defiling the Holy Quran

Section 295-C: Use of derogatory remarks regarding the Holy Prophet of Islam

Section 296: Disturbing religious assembly

Section 297: Trespassing on burial places

Section 298: Uttering words with deliberate intent to wound religious feelings

Section 298-A: Use of derogatory remarks regarding holy personages

Section 298-B: Misuse of epithets, descriptions and titles reserved for certain holy personages or places

Section 298-C: Person of Ahmadi group calling himself a Muslim or preaching or propagating his faith

Out of all these laws, only Section 295-C – use of derogatory remarks about the Holy Prophet of Islam – carries the death penalty. Others carry various punishments including imprisonment and fines.

Section 295-C is different from other blasphemy laws in another respect. Section 196 (prosecution of offences against the State) of the Criminal Procedure Code bars courts from taking cognisance of certain offences unless the complaint is made on the order of, or under authority from, the government, presumably so that laws governing such offences are not misused. After Section 295-A was introduced in the PPC in 1927, Section 196 was amended to cover it as well. But such a course was not adopted when Section 295-C was introduced, thereby allowing the courts to take cognisance of crimes under this section without requiring the government’s order or authority.

Reply #58 - February 19, 2011, 08:27 PM

Nice spelling morons.
     Reply #59 - February 19, 2011, 09:04 PM

At some point even the most slow witted Pakistani has to realize that they are being played using the blasphemy law.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »