Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: How many people who define themselves as "Muslims" are fully conversant with the "Islamist" ideology and at least tacitly support it?
  • <10% - 12 (40%)
  • 10-20% - 3 (10%)
  • 20-30% - 0 (0%)
  • 30-40% - 2 (6.7%)
  • 40-50% - 1 (3.3%)
  • 50-60% - 1 (3.3%)
  • 60-70% - 2 (6.7%)
  • 70-80% - 1 (3.3%)
  • 80-90% - 1 (3.3%)
  • >90% - 1 (3.3%)
  • Fuck DH - 6 (20%)
  • Total Voters: 30

Topic: Proportion of Muslims who are Islamists.

(Read 8589 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Proportion of Muslims who are Islamists.
     Reply #60 - November 20, 2010, 06:55 AM

That was the "secular" sharia that applied The Death Penalty to "Insulters" of Islam and had women dressing like this:
    (Clicky for piccy!)

I fail to see much difference in the puritanism of a sharia that made women dress as in the Old Spanish carving above and this:(Clicky for piccy!)

I don't think women in 'the west' were wearing short skirts back then either dumbfuck. Al-Andalus had lots of different rulers some were more stricter (esp. the last few dynasties) than others.

Women in Afghanistan & NW Pakistan still dress like that.
     Reply #61 - November 20, 2010, 06:57 AM

Do you count yourself as a "moderate" Muslims BTW XxThaminaxX?

I'm not a muslim  Smiley When I was a muslim I found summat called 'contest 2' (link below) and according to that I would be classed as an 'extremist'  Cheesy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/feb/17/counterterrorism-strategy-muslims
     Reply #62 - November 20, 2010, 07:20 AM

So those who voted <10%. How do you square this with polls like THIS ONE?

you posted this poll in the other thread and never addressed my comment on it. i would recommend you learn something about basic analysis of statistics in the media before quoting them as evidence.
     Reply #63 - November 20, 2010, 07:22 AM

Quote from: XxThaminaxX
    I don't think women in 'the west' were wearing short skirts back then either dumbfuck.

Aahhh. The mask slips! Any ex-Muslims want to defend XxThaminaxX's use of abusive language? Ishina?

Al-Andalus had lots of different rulers some were more stricter (esp. the last few dynasties) than others.

OK list the "strict" ones and the "less strict" ones respectively.

Women in Afghanistan & NW Pakistan still dress like that.

And they don't in "Al-Andalus" (properly called Spain and Portugal) because?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #64 - November 20, 2010, 07:23 AM

Then why have you got "Muslim" under your handle?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #65 - November 20, 2010, 07:39 AM

Abusive? Only stating facts  Wink

Idk. The Almoravids & Almohads were religious freaks who did persecute minorities either killing them or expelling them. I think the most liberal was the Caliphate of Cordoba (I bet you hate that word lol)

The burka is a cultural thing. You won't see it worn much outside of Afghanistan & Pakistan (usually pashtun women only) the same way the niqab is usually worn by women in the gulf arab region or  'radicalised' salafi minded women! The overwhelmingly majority of muslim women only cover their hair. It was called Al-Andalus BACK then so I referred to it as that. Idk I've asked for it to be changed.
     Reply #66 - November 20, 2010, 08:01 AM

That sounds like something to support DH's views. If accepting that list is what makes you an Islamist, and if most Muslims would accept that list (as the article claims), then most Muslims are Islamists.

The unlived life is not worth examining.
     Reply #67 - November 20, 2010, 10:17 AM

I'm not a muslim  Smiley When I was a muslim I found summat called 'contest 2' (link below) and according to that I would be classed as an 'extremist'  Cheesy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/feb/17/counterterrorism-strategy-muslims

O_o

Well, besides the last point ("They fail to condemn the killing of British soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan") which is merely political, I do agree that somebody who believes in all that is an extremist.

Try and imagine the Christian equivalent of that list, for example (supporting a new Holy Empire that spans across many nations and cultures and that applies Christian dogmas to establish legality like in the Middle Ages and blah blah).
    I'd call anything like that extreme Christian fundamentalism.

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #68 - November 20, 2010, 10:53 AM

The 3rd point is a bit too much bcoz I think the overwhelmingly majority of muslims do support resistance against Israel. And the 4th point well that would make the Masood family in Eastenders 'extremists' as well  Cheesy
     Reply #69 - November 20, 2010, 11:45 AM

The 3rd point is a bit too much bcoz I think the overwhelmingly majority of muslims do support resistance against Israel.

That is incorrect, they don't like Al Quds and any part of dar al Islam being under the control of those Yahud, rather than genuine concern for the Falasteen and the resistance.

The point refers to supporting jihad against the Yahud not sympathising with the Palestinian resistance.  Many Muslim I know think Palestinian resistance is synonymous with a struggle for Islam, it isn't.  It is a nationalistic war between two people who are of the same genetic stock.  10% of Palestinians are Christian and they have suffered from the same misfortunes as their Muslim countrymen did.  

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #70 - November 20, 2010, 11:50 AM

Not only that, many prominent figures in the Palestinian struggle were Christians.  Dr George Habash for one, comes to mind.  Their legitimate struggle has been hijacked by the forces of darkness.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #71 - November 20, 2010, 02:14 PM

That is incorrect, they don't like Al Quds and any part of dar al Islam being under the control of those Yahud, rather than genuine concern for the Falasteen and the resistance.

The point refers to supporting jihad against the Yahud not sympathising with the Palestinian resistance.  Many Muslim I know think Palestinian resistance is synonymous with a struggle for Islam, it isn't.  It is a nationalistic war between two people who are of the same genetic stock.  10% of Palestinians are Christian and they have suffered from the same misfortunes as their Muslim countrymen did.  

I know. So how is what I said incorrect? I never mentioned anything other than resistance (meaning violence) against Israel. They have indeed suffered the same problems which makes even more disgusting that their western brethren remain quiet about their suffering. 
     Reply #72 - November 20, 2010, 02:33 PM

In UK, less than 10%. In the world, I'd say 10-20% on average. We can only really speculate.

I am following with the definition of Islamist is anyone who supports and actively aims to propagate political Islam, which some may argue (as I do) is true Islam.

Reply #73 - November 20, 2010, 02:52 PM

It's interesting to watch the evolution of Islamist groups.  It's like different species with different strategies of survival and propagation.
    • Groups like the Muslim Brotherhood use democracy to gain power, but there's no doubt that they are Islamists and want to apply divine law when they get into power.  This group have survived for a considerable period of time because they are not too reckless/radical/violent, so they are tolerated to an extent.  This is their strategy for survival.  They are very patient and far-sighted.  They are also very secretive and disciplined.  And it would be fair to say they consciously practice Taqiyyah.
    • Groups like Hiz-ut-Tahrir are not very secretive and try to recruit from university campuses etc very actively.  They also do not use violence as a means to gain power.  This group has been more successful than the Muslim Brotherhood at gaining followers but they have not achieved much else so far.
    • Groups like Al-Qaeda use violence and terror to rally the Muslims and gain followers, and perhaps instigate political change.  But they don't tend to last very long.  Their strategy for survival is ... well... difficult. lol   They do, however, rattle the rulers in both Muslim countries and the West while they last.

Nice breakdown. Hmmm, it's like a virus learning how best to survive... I guess this is evolution at the meme level in motion?

Reply #74 - November 22, 2010, 11:05 AM

Not only that, many prominent figures in the Palestinian struggle were Christians.  Dr George Habash for one, comes to mind.  Their legitimate struggle has been hijacked by the forces of darkness.

Rather, the Arab Christians hoped that by tying their colors to the anti-Israelsim of the Muslims they would be rewarded with an end to centuries of dhimmi status and granted equality under an overarching "Arab-Palestinian" national identity by their Muslim "compatriots". Not a hope in hell of that ever happening of course.

Reply #75 - November 22, 2010, 11:20 AM

Quote from: XxThaminaxX
    The Almoravids & Almohads were religious freaks who did persecute minorities either killing them or expelling them. I think the most liberal was the Caliphate of Cordoba

So that's the most "liberal" historical Islamic state you can come up with is it? - one in which the bloodythirsty demands of such as these:

were implemented as THE LAW OF THE LAND (in case you didn't read the link I provided).

The burka is a cultural thing. You won't see it worn much outside of Afghanistan & Pakistan (usually pashtun women only) the same way the niqab is usually worn by women in the gulf arab region or  'radicalised' salafi minded women!

The Spanish woodcarving of the mass conversion of Muslim women to Christianity shows that burqaesque dress had a history in the "Muslim world"  that long pre-dated "salafism" or "wahaabism". So don't come that with me buddy!

The overwhelmingly majority of muslim women only cover their hair.

Even if that is true. So what?

Reply #76 - November 26, 2010, 01:06 AM

So if not the fabled alleged "multi-cultural-paradise" of the Caliphate of Cordoba, can anybody provide an example of a historical Muslim-dominated area of the world that provides an edifying model of Muslims and non-Muslims "living together" (to borrow pseudo-multi-culturalist parlance) in a spirit of true equality and mutual respect?

• Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »