Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Yusuf Islam vs Ozzy Osborne

(Read 5319 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Yusuf Islam vs Ozzy Osborne
     OP - November 01, 2010, 03:03 PM

When did Yusuf drop the "Islam" from his name?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2pfapM8H7Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Re: Yusuf Islam vs Ozzy Osborne
     Reply #1 - November 01, 2010, 04:55 PM

I think he's realised that Islam doesn't offer him much fun. Such a shame that he left his greatest talent for a lot of crap.  whistling2
     Reply #2 - November 01, 2010, 04:58 PM

I think he's realised that Islam doesn't offer him much fun. Such a shame that he left his greatest talent for a lot of crap.  whistling2

Yeah what a shame! I am a great fan of his 70s hits! Yusuf is a lot better name than the full name Yusuf Islam.

Reply #3 - November 01, 2010, 05:07 PM

lol RIBS I spotted it before you  dance  if you look carefully as he first walks onto stage, he still has the price tag hanging off his jacket

btw years ago if he looked back to the future at himself now on stage, he would have been mortified

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #4 - November 01, 2010, 05:13 PM

Yusuf Islam is such a fake bastard.

Somebody should ask him his views on apostates, on adulterers and where non-muslims will end up on Judgment Day.  

Oh and ask him if he still wants Salman Rushdie dead and would he help the man if he came knocking at his door.
     Reply #5 - November 01, 2010, 05:57 PM

Yusuf's music is great until you listen to the lyrics and it's like "He came as a mercy of peace, he came to guide" and you realise he is talking about Muhammad. I mean how high was he exactly when he actually took the shahada?
     Reply #6 - November 01, 2010, 06:08 PM

Yusuf's music is great until you listen to the lyrics and it's like "He came as a mercy of peace, he came to guide" and you realise he is talking about Muhammad.

or himself..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - November 01, 2010, 06:52 PM

I find it funny that he was invited to play at a rally designed to counter the tea partyers  who have members with very conservative views.   I don't believe for one second that he was misquoted when he affirmed his wished for Mr Rushdie's faith

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #8 - November 01, 2010, 07:35 PM

lol RIBS I spotted it before you  dance  if you look carefully as he first walks onto stage, he still has the price tag hanging off his jacket

btw years ago if he looked back to the future at himself now on stage, he would have been mortified

LOL I really thought it was his shirt, you think his entourage will let him go onstage with a price tag? Now after seeing it many times, I think it could be backstage pass!

Reply #9 - November 01, 2010, 09:08 PM

or himself..

Possibly.

As a borderline Ex-M, listening to Mr. Islam's music was my last clutch at the straws of delusion before finally giving in. His comeback album "An Other Cup" is actually a very nice album to listen to if you just don't listen to the lyrics. Most of the songs are actually pretty secular in content, but when he talks about the pearly "gates of Heaven, seventy thousand will enter", or "good's going up... evil's going down... in the end" you can't help but see him as some slick PR man.

As I think Hassan said in his bio, the man is just too heavily invested in Islam to pull out.
     Reply #10 - November 01, 2010, 09:09 PM

Yusuf Islam is such a fake bastard.

Somebody should ask him his views on apostates, on adulterers and where non-muslims will end up on Judgment Day.  

Oh and ask him if he still wants Salman Rushdie dead and would he help the man if he came knocking at his door.

I think he denies most of the ahadith, particularly the one proscribing musical instruments!
     Reply #11 - November 01, 2010, 10:09 PM

Why is music haram in Islam?

Is your grammar defective? Just askin'.

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you." - Rumi

Reply #12 - November 01, 2010, 10:10 PM

Because Islam is a soul-killer.
     Reply #13 - November 01, 2010, 10:24 PM

I think Yusuf Islam has realised that immersing yourself into Islam and doing dawah doesn't provide a very steady income.  This explains why he's picked up the guitar again.

Reply #14 - November 01, 2010, 10:26 PM

Because Yusuf Islam got himself a new baby-mama.
     Reply #15 - November 01, 2010, 10:29 PM

Islam doesnt like the idea of fun, in the words of Mo which go something like this "if you were aware of what might await you, you would not laugh"

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - November 01, 2010, 10:32 PM

Are you actually expecting an answer?  Cheesy

It's like asking why is jummah on friday, or why we throw stones at the devil during Hajj. There is no why.
     Reply #17 - November 01, 2010, 11:11 PM

There must be sense behind the utter nonsense.  sheikh

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #18 - November 01, 2010, 11:16 PM

There must be sense behind the utter nonsense.  sheikh

Basically Islam wasnt to remove anything fun that can take you away from Islam.  100% commitment is required if you want to experience the pleasures of the afterlife.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - November 03, 2010, 09:02 PM

Mo forbade music because it distracted people from tending to him at all times.

He wanted him and his god to be the center of people's lives for every waking second of their existence.

Nonetheless, most Muslims today enjoy music anyway.

Some Muslims claim the hadith about music are false.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #20 - November 03, 2010, 09:06 PM

It's not far fetched that someone as totalitarian as Muhammad forbade music, authoritarian regimes such as that in the USSR also restricted artistic expression

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #21 - November 04, 2010, 02:53 PM

I think he denies most of the ahadith, particularly the one proscribing musical instruments!

No, he goes with the "differences of opinion" ruling that has allowed caliphs, sultans, shaykhs and millions of regular people alike to enjoy the wide diversity of music in Muslim lands since the end of the era of the "rightly guided" caliphs.  He wrote an open letter to the umma about this when "An Other Cup" came out.

[this space for rent]
     Reply #22 - November 04, 2010, 02:54 PM

The same reason it's considered prohibited in extreme versions of Christianity and Judaism.  It distracts people, it gives them something to enjoy, something to focus on other than praying, reading scripture and generally being miserable sods.

[this space for rent]
     Reply #23 - November 05, 2010, 09:42 AM

Manat who is that woman in your avatar?
     Reply #24 - November 05, 2010, 11:01 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Ditto

(tineye.com FTW)

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

• Yusuf Islam vs Ozzy Osborne
     Reply #25 - October 10, 2014, 09:28 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLhwIDFHcjs

popcorn

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »