Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Gay parents. Good or bad  viz-a-viz hetro parents?
  • Good thing
  • Bad thing
  • Unsure
  • Other - please explain

Topic: Gay parents. Good thing or bad thing?

(Read 17451 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Gay parents. Good thing or bad thing?
     OP - October 31, 2010, 11:37 AM

What do you think?

Also, consider this - Children of lesbian parents do better than their peers:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10644.0
  • Re: Gay parents. Good thing or bad thing?
     Reply #1 - October 31, 2010, 11:55 AM

I think it depends on the persons.. There are Hetero parents who suck ass, single parents who fail and i would bet that there are gay parents who will fail big time too.. Parenting skills have nothing to do with the sexual orientation or the structure of the family...

B.

Just look at the sun and the moon, rotating around the earth perfectly! Out of all the never ending space in the universe, the sun and moon ended up close to earth rotating around it perfectly.!!

Reply #2 - October 31, 2010, 12:06 PM

True, I mean in the sense that is the issue of gay parents a good or bad thing viz-a-viz hetro parents. I'll update the poll and make it editable.
     Reply #3 - October 31, 2010, 12:06 PM

I agree with Bardhi most part, but I think gay parents have a lot more life experience to offer because they have struggled for it a lot more. The ones that suck should be a lot less in the ratio.

About lesbians being better parents then gays, I think I can understand that. Because the birth mother who usually gone through process of pregnancy has much more affection towards kids. But again too much emotional influence on kids might not make the kids street smart.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #4 - October 31, 2010, 12:10 PM

I think Douglas Murray put it very well, gay parents don't just find out they are pregnant. There is far more thought into the matter. If there is one shadow of a doubt, is that gay men aren't biologically motherly enough, but I don't consider this true since have I not seen the evidence/data for this.
     Reply #5 - October 31, 2010, 12:14 PM

Well, traditional parents like few decades ago before women activism started, fathers usually had no motherly instincts whatsoever. Still there are many straight fathers who don't have that. But many guys are more and more developing these motherly qualities.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #6 - October 31, 2010, 12:25 PM

But many guys are more and more developing these motherly qualities.

I've noticed this, in mature respectful men, from wiping bottoms/waking up at 3am to generally taking on more duties. It's progress compared to the straight men to leave it all to the wife. To be honest I can only say this based on dad's I know personally in England and their thoughts of other dads within the 30-40 age range.
     Reply #7 - October 31, 2010, 12:29 PM

I've read many studies, some stating that children of gay parents tend to be more open-minded and tolerant, and the likelihood of the children being gay is statistically the same as it would be if the children grew up in a traditional mum + dad family. Also, in the US, gay parents tend to be more financially well-off than other prospective parents looking to adopt, not that this is the only thing that matters, but still.

In the 2000 U.S. Census, 33 percent of female same-sex couple households and 22 percent of male same-sex couple households reported at least one child under eighteen living in their home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o4YUY4feys
     Reply #8 - October 31, 2010, 12:57 PM

Interesting facts and advert, thanks  Afro
     Reply #9 - October 31, 2010, 02:52 PM

Other-- must be judged on the level of the individual couple.

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #10 - October 31, 2010, 03:06 PM

I vote that kids from Salafi households be taken out and raised by gay couples. 

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #11 - October 31, 2010, 04:20 PM

I think it depends on the persons.. There are Hetero parents who suck ass, single parents who fail and i would bet that there are gay parents who will fail big time too.. Parenting skills have nothing to do with the sexual orientation or the structure of the family...

B.

^^This.

If the gay parents are child rapists and the hetero parents are not then clearly the hetero parents are better. If the gay parents are not child rapists and the hetero parents are then the gay parents are better.

Otherwise I don't really see the difference. People make a big deal of a child needing both a mother and a father, but I think a child can be equally well adjusted having two mothers or two fathers, provided, for example, a son has a male role model somewhere in his life, if not in his parents then through an uncle or through a family friend, and vice versa for a daughter. I think the key issue is that children no longer need their parents to be a stereotypical couple, families are falling apart more often than ever before so a child won't neccessarily have that father or mother-figure anyway.
     Reply #12 - October 31, 2010, 04:53 PM

If the gay parents are child rapists and the hetero parents are not then clearly the hetero parents are better. If the gay parents are not child rapists and the hetero parents are then the gay parents are better.

Why would you assume that gay parents are child rapists?

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #13 - October 31, 2010, 05:00 PM

He's not assuming any such thing.  He just said that parents who are not child rapists are better parents than those who are, regardless of sexuality.  Read his post again.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #14 - October 31, 2010, 05:04 PM

Hetro parents. Good thing or bad thing?

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #15 - October 31, 2010, 05:22 PM

Oh. My bad.

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #16 - October 31, 2010, 05:30 PM

@ ishina  i always hated the image of women doing chores and men bringing the money , it's even more prominent in the arab world
     Reply #17 - October 31, 2010, 05:40 PM

It is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #18 - October 31, 2010, 05:45 PM

People make a big deal of a child needing both a mother and a father, but I think a child can be equally well adjusted having two mothers or two fathers, provided, for example, a son has a male role model somewhere in his life, if not in his parents then through an uncle or through a family friend, and vice versa for a daughter.

well as for the "traditional" family, and the need of children to have role models since time immemorial there have been cases of people growing up without these.. All orphans, people living with a singe parent, kids living with a grandparent (or both) etc etc... So all those people having concerns about gay couples not being able to provide role-models, should calm down because the human society is functioning very well even though having historically these discrepancies from the "traditional family"...

Just look at the sun and the moon, rotating around the earth perfectly! Out of all the never ending space in the universe, the sun and moon ended up close to earth rotating around it perfectly.!!

Reply #19 - October 31, 2010, 06:06 PM

this also remind me of the homosexual penguins ::
    http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/06/05/gay-penguins-adopt005.html
     Reply #20 - October 31, 2010, 06:28 PM

well as for the "traditional" family, and the need of children to have role models since time immemorial there have been cases of people growing up without these.. All orphans, people living with a singe parent, kids living with a grandparent (or both) etc etc... So all those people having concerns about gay couples not being able to provide role-models, should calm down because the human society is functioning very well even though having historically these discrepancies from the "traditional family"...

Exactly, we are in agreement. What I am saying is that these role models are always coming from somewhere, if not from the parents then through another source.

Take for example when a boy becomes a man. No one can explain this transition to him and what responsibilities he now has better than another man. Ergo if he has two mothers he would still need a man to explain this kind of biological process to him in a way he can deal with it maturely and responsibly.
     Reply #21 - November 01, 2010, 07:26 AM

A person's sexual preferences have nothing to do with their ability to raise a child properly.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #22 - November 01, 2010, 07:54 AM

A person's sexual preferences have nothing to do with their ability to raise a child properly.

+1

I voted Other but ^^ is what I mean.
     Reply #23 - November 01, 2010, 12:56 PM

even if you are a kiddy-fiddler  whistling2

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #24 - November 02, 2010, 01:41 AM

Come off it, IsLame.  The poll is between heteros and homos, and we all know you get kiddy fiddlers in both groups.  Ergo, you can't choose a poll option on the grounds of sexuality.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #25 - November 02, 2010, 02:19 AM

Meh, hope the whole "paedophilia is just another sexuality" nonsense doesn't get dragged up here.
     Reply #26 - November 02, 2010, 02:29 AM

Parenting skills have nothing to do with the sexual orientation or the structure of the family.

/thread
     Smiley

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine

https://twitter.com/AlharbiMoe
     Reply #27 - November 02, 2010, 02:30 AM

Pedophilia is just another sexuality

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #28 - November 02, 2010, 02:32 AM

Is that what you said to the judge?
     Reply #29 - November 02, 2010, 03:21 AM

I'd rather pedos hump apple pies than children. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »