Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Tony Blair's sister-in-law converts to Islam

(Read 28977 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Tony Blair's sister-in-law converts to Islam
     Reply #30 - October 24, 2010, 07:44 PM

King Tut.. I don't Insult people for converting in to Islam.. many people I know and I related to converted to Islam and living as Muslims., I don't care what people convert in to what  & why.,

My problems comes when they use these conversions into   a political propaganda,   start making noises about the political problems across the world using Muslims/Islam as their game plan and start shouting allah hooo akbaaar.. juice..juice.... Palestinian...Palestine..  Chechnya..Chechnya.. .. Kashmir.. Kashmir... dear Tutlard

Afro Afro cheers clap Bingo! It becomes a real effort not to hate them no matter how liberal your outlook is,coz they are basically hate mongers,who only vitiate the atmosphere and do nothing about solving the problem or contribute towards facilitating peace.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #31 - October 25, 2010, 12:48 AM

So she had a "holy experience" and converted to Islam... and now she's reading the Quran?  Why do converts always do things the wrong way around.  Roll Eyes

At what stage will she study the hadith and life of Muhammad?

Reply #32 - October 25, 2010, 02:20 AM

Shahid, it is a one way street.  You can have a religious experience to get in, that is God working for you, but you can't have one to get out, that is heresy.  You don't have to read every hadith or book to join, but you better know every detail if you want to get out. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #33 - October 25, 2010, 03:12 AM

It's a shame that religious experiences are so abused, why can man not just accept it for what it is without saddling it with an entire theology?

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #34 - October 25, 2010, 03:26 AM

Bizarre isnt it, that religion seems to want to claim the credit for beauty, joy and spirituality, since by its very nature it actually restricts and suppresses true expression and ruthlessly polices the spiritual journey. Religion is almost the polar opposite of spirituality.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #35 - October 25, 2010, 10:27 AM

According to Ishina 2 mellenia of art, music and aesthetic theory was not inspired by religion.

Willful ignorance anyone?
     Reply #36 - October 25, 2010, 11:52 AM

Bizarre isnt it, that religion seems to want to claim the credit for beauty, joy and spirituality, since by its very nature it actually restricts and suppresses true expression and ruthlessly polices the spiritual journey. Religion is almost the polar opposite of spirituality.

I can collect a fair amount of evidence from Islamic websites and forums to back up this claim.  The wahhabi/salafi strain of Islam is the most virulent, in my opinion.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #37 - October 25, 2010, 03:28 PM

According to Ishina 2 mellenia of art, music and aesthetic theory was not inspired by religion.

Willful ignorance anyone?

Wow, that's an impressive level of misunderstanding. Don't sprain yourself jumping to those kind of conclusions.

Reply #38 - October 25, 2010, 09:59 PM

I can collect a fair amount of evidence from Islamic websites and forums to back up this claim.  The wahhabi/salafi strain of Islam is the most virulent, in my opinion.

Of all the religions out there, the salafi interpretation of Islam is by far the most unspiritual religion. Its more of a political/economic system which pressures people into converting. The Qur'an says in 2:256 that there is no compulsion in Islam, but look at the life of Muhammad and it looks a lot different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6C1xZAiV1o

The guy in the video is a cunt, period.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #39 - October 25, 2010, 10:05 PM

What other conclusions did you expect me to make Ishina? Come back to me once you actually have an idea of what you're talking about.
     Reply #40 - October 25, 2010, 10:09 PM

LOL, what a douche.

I don't know what you based that conclusion on for a start. Was it something I said in this thread?

Reply #41 - October 25, 2010, 10:13 PM

Cheesy

Wait...are you actually being serious on this Tut?  Cause if you are...I'de vote for you as the joker of the month.

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #42 - October 25, 2010, 10:14 PM

I cant wait until she converts out of Islam and starts getting the death threats.  Does that make me evil?

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #43 - October 25, 2010, 10:17 PM

Yeah, not only a high profile apostate, but also the daughter of Tony Blair.

Reply #44 - October 25, 2010, 10:35 PM

Converts who leave Islam usually do so silently without making a big song and dance about it.  Look at some of us, we are virulent ex-Muslims but we still keep hush hush about it in real life.

Reply #45 - October 25, 2010, 10:44 PM

I'll give her another 60 pages Smiley

I give her 3 years, just like the statistics do

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #46 - October 25, 2010, 10:48 PM

but also the daughter of Tony Blair.

Huh? who is?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #47 - October 25, 2010, 10:54 PM

sister in law*

Reply #48 - October 25, 2010, 10:58 PM

I'm actually pitying the Khomenists.  I'm sure the organisers are not that proud of having this shrill, attention seeking, utterly hypocritical, pedigree fuckwit in their team deep down.  

I'm not holding my breath about her emigrating to the Islamic republic. Was never quite sure of how being a human rights campaigner on the payroll a of clerical dictator worked.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #49 - October 25, 2010, 10:59 PM

sister in law*

half sister in law..  Sums up much of her career.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

Reply #50 - October 25, 2010, 11:09 PM

She's still recovering from her holy experience but after the dust has settled she will soon discover what she's got herself into.  She has signed the contract of Islam without reading the Terms & Conditions.

Reply #51 - October 25, 2010, 11:11 PM

Just out of curiosity what branch/sect (or whatever it's called) of Islam do most westerners convert to?  wacko

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #52 - October 25, 2010, 11:12 PM

depends on who's doing the converting I guess

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #53 - October 25, 2010, 11:15 PM

She's still recovering from her holy experience but after the dust has settled she will soon discover what she's got herself into.  She has signed the contract of Islam without reading the Terms & Conditions.

I actually don't think it will be the case.  She will remain in the UK and the Mullahs will be quite lenient towards her (far more then they are to Iranian women) given her high profile.

Reply #54 - October 25, 2010, 11:22 PM

I am also a bit sceptical about it.  She has always struck me as an attention-seeking media whore, she surpassed herself with this little stunt though.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #55 - October 25, 2010, 11:22 PM

Of all the religions out there, the salafi interpretation of Islam is by far the most unspiritual religion. Its more of a political/economic system which pressures people into converting. The Qur'an says in 2:256 that there is no compulsion in Islam, but look at the life of Muhammad and it looks a lot different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6C1xZAiV1o

The guy in the video is a cunt, period.

Bigots going to bigot.  

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #56 - October 25, 2010, 11:31 PM

Just out of curiosity what branch/sect (or whatever it's called) of Islam do most westerners convert to?  wacko

depends on who's doing the converting I guess

So does this explain why some of them wear hijabs/burkhas, pray more, etc and some don't?

Presumably one just can't convert to Islam generally then?  Huh?   My daughter's hubby is a sunni muslim so when she converted upon marriage to him does that mean she's the same?

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #57 - October 26, 2010, 09:05 AM

So does this explain why some of them wear hijabs/burkhas, pray more, etc and some don't?

No- all sects believe in the basics of the Quran
    Presumably one just can't convert to Islam generally then?  Huh?  

why not?  its between you & your creator
    My daughter's hubby is a sunni muslim so when she converted upon marriage to him does that mean she's the same?

probably

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #58 - October 26, 2010, 10:03 AM

Well, here it is, the beginning of the dawahganda, from the 'Global Peace and Unity' (LoLz) event, the big annual Islamist / Khomeinist jamboree in London, Lauren Booth converting infront of an audience of thousands of salivating Muslims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JR6mCPQTsE&feature=related

Note the sheer creepiness of it all, remember that these folks think you should be murdered for rejecting Islam, but that this is a consummation of their very identity and existence.

I feel sorry for her daughter.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #59 - October 26, 2010, 11:13 AM

Just curious; is the early occurrence of dementia[a deadly insidious variety] common amongst white British women? I am trying to find a rational explanation for all this madness and have failed miserably to come up with one. The hatred that they have for the culture that nurtured them is shocking! I am having a tough time convincing myself that these are just some freaks of nature,hate filled Draculas hell bent on destruction of sanity.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »