Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Problem of the “Muslim” Youth and Society- My Story

(Read 13508 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The Problem of the ?Muslim? Youth and Society- My Story
     Reply #30 - October 24, 2010, 09:40 PM

Thanks for sharing your story.  Afro

At the expense of being redundant I must say that you are very articulate and write very well for your age.  You also seem like a very intelligent person.

Although I was a convert from a non-Muslim background for a few years Islam nearly ruined my life and I'm still patching up some of those wounds so I kinda know how you feel.

Regarding your sister:  She seriously needs some intervention to get her life back on track.  She sounds like an extreme case of one of my ex sisters-in-law who acts the family mullah.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #31 - October 24, 2010, 10:46 PM

Thanks Nour for the supportive comment, I hope things get better for you  Smiley
     Reply #32 - October 24, 2010, 11:04 PM

Interesting story, bro.  Afro  I'm sure it feels great to have got it all off your chest.  You seem very mature and analytical for your age.

It's great that you have a dad who is understanding and will continue to support you.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #33 - October 25, 2010, 12:07 PM

Thanks ateapotist for the comment. The support on this forum is really great, thanks guys  Smiley
  • Re: The Problem of the “Muslim” Youth and Society- My Story
     Reply #34 - October 25, 2010, 02:54 PM

@abzm94

Impressive writing and remarkable journey. Thanks for sharing!

That was the conclusion I made, and officially left Islam happily at Laylatul Qadr ironically.

Cheesy Afro

Congrats! And now you have the perfect comeback when Muslims tell you that you left Islam because you have been led astray by shaitan, because they claim that all shaitan are locked up during Ramadan, eh?  Tongue

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
    ~ Douglas Adams
     Reply #35 - October 25, 2010, 05:04 PM

Cheesy Thats true Lukatic, never thought of that. Thanks for your feedback.
     Reply #36 - October 25, 2010, 05:30 PM

Great story Abzm94! Afro

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #37 - October 25, 2010, 05:44 PM

Thanks!
     Reply #38 - October 25, 2010, 11:55 PM

Mate I really found your story interesting , my parenst are also great followers of Deobandi traditions etc , I'm glad there are more of us from this background who have managed to escape , if only in our minds , all the best to you young lad  far away hug

If you would like to know more about me send me a message Smiley

(Arcade Fire, Ready to Start)
     Reply #39 - October 26, 2010, 11:40 AM

And all the best to you laces  far away hug
     Reply #40 - January 14, 2011, 09:26 AM

You have an interesting story! How are things going for you now? Your sister sounds a bit psychotic, I hope she's not giving you too much trouble..
     Reply #41 - January 16, 2011, 02:16 PM

wow.

can i just remark on how on the clarity of your thoughts and the amazing strength you've shown through out your story.

i myself, am not a muslim but am quite interested in learning from the ex muslim perspective.

A genuinely great story.

All the very best for you and your future.

Beyonce was right; If you like it then you probably should put a ring on it. Tongue
     Reply #42 - April 02, 2011, 11:50 PM

Umm not to sure to be honest Islame, they were just random people butting to and fro from the thread. The title of the thread was called "I told my Muslim Parents I had Sex"  Roll Eyes

I must see this thread.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #43 - April 03, 2011, 06:50 PM

Im soo late but your story was just fantastic , you are just so wise for your age . I think most ex-muslim asian or not relate to this story , its like you read my mind ! xxxx far away hug

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #44 - April 03, 2011, 07:33 PM

Thanks for sharing your story. As others have said, you've been through a lot for someone with so much of life ahead of them, and the clarity of thought and expression that you demonstrate is extraordinary. Also, congratulations on thinking your way out of religion Smiley. Do you have any thoughts on how you/we could help other young (Asian) Muslims struggling with the pressures placed on them?
     Reply #45 - April 04, 2011, 04:07 AM

This story will be particularly useful for Muslim parents who are open to having their traditional ideas challenged as well as new apostates. I feel as if you've given a very useful insight and challenged one of the most common arguments posed against ex-Muslims. I applaud you for taking a rational step and accepting that irreligiousity isn't as bad as it is made to be and your journey seems quite difficult considering you were a lot more attached to the religion as I ever was and it seems to me that you took a step that would've been extremely difficult for me if I was in your position and I'm amazed how civil you were towards people of other religions, though I did mock them behind their backs with other friends and I couldn't help myself from venting that irrational anger.

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »