Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Top UK supermarkets secretly sell only halal meat

(Read 68392 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 10 11 1213 14 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Top UK supermarkets secretly sell only halal meat
     Reply #330 - September 28, 2010, 07:01 PM

Reply #331 - September 28, 2010, 07:07 PM

This recalls Leonardo da Vinci's view: "The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men."

Nah

"If a group of beings from another planet were to land on Earth - beings who considered themselves as superior to you as you feel yourself to be to other animals - would you concede them the rights over you that you assume over other animals?"   - George Bernard Shaw

If I had no choice in the matter, then sure.

"As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields." - Leo Tolstoy

Steaks or world peace? Medium-rare. kthnxbai.

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages." - Thomas Edison

Says the guy who thought DC power transmission was a good idea.

"Our task must be to free ourselves . . . by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty." - Einstein

by narrowing my cirlce of FOOD?? nigga please.

"In their behavior toward creatures, all men are Nazis. Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought." -  Isaac Bashevis Singer

yes because Jews are just like cows and chicken. good point....

"To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being." - Gandhi

yeh whatever hind0o

"While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth?" - George Bernard Shaw

sorry what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome these ribs taste.

bitch.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #332 - September 28, 2010, 07:08 PM

pwnd

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #333 - September 28, 2010, 07:12 PM

Reply #334 - September 28, 2010, 07:17 PM

Nah

(Clicky for piccy!)

yeh whatever hind0o

sorry what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome these ribs taste.

bitch.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #335 - September 28, 2010, 07:19 PM

@ MABs:
    Because evolution is happening whilst you are planning a brave new future. Listen - can't you hear it?

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #336 - September 28, 2010, 07:40 PM

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #337 - September 28, 2010, 07:44 PM

^  On display here is the perfect rebuttal against evolution: If Darwinian survival of the fittest is held true, quite how one so thoroughly enstupidated, so mentally defective, so utterly innocent of the basic tenets of logic can manage to survive defies explanation.

Onwards, upwards and back into the trees!

ur stumbling br0, my bulletproof arguments just got da best of u my furry bovine friend.

Reply #338 - September 28, 2010, 07:58 PM

Watch out, MAB. As you've already witnessed, Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve a torrent of barely intelligible internet gangsterism da pain.

<insert cliched gangster put down once heard in talentless bile aka. commercial rap video>

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
     Reply #339 - September 28, 2010, 08:00 PM

u jus jealous homie. y u gotta play lyk dat?

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #340 - September 28, 2010, 08:00 PM

i follow the sunnah of 2pac al shakur

Reply #341 - September 28, 2010, 08:08 PM

That's deeply humorous simultaneously deep and humorous. I'll leave it at that and let the thread get back on topic.

Reply #342 - September 28, 2010, 08:08 PM

To compound this, the methane produced from breeding livestock on an industrial scale punctures holes in the Ozone layer so large through which one could drive a chariot and ten thousand horses, leading to rising sea levels that will flood low lying regions of the earth. The victims will be the poor of Bangladesh. Death on a colossal scale - that's what your carnivorous diet buys you.

You need to work at your science. Methane has nothing to do with holes in the ozone layer. And holes in the ozone layer have nothing to do with rising sea levels.
     Reply #343 - September 28, 2010, 08:18 PM

I would send the cows that are roaming around India to Africa and the Africans can eat them.  Starvation prob solved.

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #344 - September 28, 2010, 08:20 PM

why send them to Africa and keep them for your own malnourished Muslim population?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #345 - September 28, 2010, 08:21 PM

Already happens with Bangladesh. Beef is a lot cheaper in Bangladesh than it would be otherwise.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/02/world/la-fg-india-cows-20100503

Reply #346 - September 28, 2010, 08:23 PM

why send them to Africa and keep them for your own malnourished Muslim population?

I suppose Allah is will look after them but who's gonna look after the kaffirs?  Meh, on second thoughts forget about it.  100 Cattle-Freight carriers to Africa please.  Check.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #347 - September 28, 2010, 08:24 PM

Good Idea and there are enough cows to send to Africa too.

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #348 - September 28, 2010, 08:39 PM

Nah

(Clicky for piccy!)

yeh whatever hind0o

bitch.

I heard tha rumahs that the H-Dawg wasn't really dead, that he be chillin in Mongolia wit 2Pac, but now I know it true. Welcome back, brotha wit tha funky accountin stylez. Togetha we gon roll up on Midstate Office Supply and get some paypack on dem bitchez.

fuck you
     Reply #349 - September 28, 2010, 08:42 PM

Reply #350 - September 28, 2010, 08:44 PM

Reply #351 - September 28, 2010, 09:05 PM

Your command of science proves as defective as your English. Methane is a driving cause of global warming.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122638800

Yes, methane is a driving cause of global warming. But it is a greenhouse gas - and greenhouse gases have absolutely nothing to do with the ozone layer. Greenhouse gases absorb radiation when it is leaving the atmosphere; higher levels of greenhouse gases lead to an increase in temperature, and thus, rising sea levels.

The ozone layer on the other hand blocks out UV radiation; the hole in the ozone layer allows higher levels of UV radiation to pass through the atmosphere, which is damaging to life on earth (for example, it is UV radiation which causes sunburn and skin cancer).

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #352 - September 28, 2010, 10:22 PM

Methane is a driving cause of global warming.

Well, not a "driving force". But helping it, yes. But global warming has nothing to do with holes in the ozone layer.
     Reply #353 - September 28, 2010, 10:29 PM

A hole in the Ozone layer would allow more sun energy through the atmosphere down to earth, therefore allowing more warming as it would not be absorbing the energy through splitting of O3 to monatomic oxygen and a O2. Although then the energy could escape more easily.
     Reply #354 - September 28, 2010, 10:35 PM

Reply #355 - September 28, 2010, 10:50 PM

The meat industry kills immeasurably more than does war. Owing to its colossal inefficiency and waste, tonnes of grain and water that might otherwise feed the starving poor are redirected to acres and acres of livestock.

To compound this, the methane produced from breeding livestock on an industrial scale punctures holes in the Ozone layer so large through which one could drive a chariot and ten thousand horses, leading to rising sea levels that will flood low lying regions of the earth. The victims will be the poor of Bangladesh. Death on a colossal scale - that's what your carnivorous diet buys you.
    I advise starting with my nine inch cock. I've been told it's criminally tasty.

You screwed up. Methane does not cause holes in the ozone layer. Methane is a greenhouse gas that can increase global temperatures. That is a separate matter to the ozone layer. The ozone layer has nothing to do with global temperatures and therefore nothing to do with sea levels. It simply controls the amount of UV that gets to the surface of the planet. IOW, it may give us cancer but it wont drown us.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #356 - September 28, 2010, 10:53 PM

@NineBerry

Did I confuse my ozone with greenhouses? Fascinating. Plainly what I meant was that the absorption of methane (which is more potent than carbon dioxide) in the atmosphere melts the polar ice caps resulting in rising sea levels that menace low lying islands.

In a word, the meat industry is an existential menace.

In that case your farting is an existential menace since your farts contain methane and several other greenhouse gases. The real problem is heavy industry and things like cars. The meat industry is not at the top of the list.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #357 - September 28, 2010, 10:59 PM

"The same CO2 radiative forcing that produces global warming is expected to cool the stratosphere.[62] This cooling, in turn, is expected to produce a relative increase in ozone (O3) depletion in polar area and the frequency of ozone holes."

wikipedia on ozone depletion and its relation with global warming

Confucius:
    "What you do not like done to yourself, do not unto others."
     Reply #358 - September 28, 2010, 11:02 PM

and the meat industry is composed of fridges for storage (feron).... which inturn would affect the ozone!!
    more people = more meat = more methane and CFCs

Confucius:
    "What you do not like done to yourself, do not unto others."
     Reply #359 - September 28, 2010, 11:03 PM

• Previous page 1 ... 10 11 1213 14 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »