Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Not really not believing ??

(Read 5933 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Not really not believing ??
     OP - October 12, 2010, 02:21 PM

Is this normal that I know I don't believe in Islam anymore , or Allah but majority of time I will think He will punish me for not belive which is crazy as I know he doesn't exist ?
     finmad
    I apologize if I sounding stupid but I am worried I might still be a beliver even when it is rubbish   wacko

If you would like to know more about me send me a message Smiley

(Arcade Fire, Ready to Start)
  • Re: Not really not believing ??
     Reply #1 - October 12, 2010, 02:24 PM

It's pretty commonly heard, much like a person who lost his arm but still has itchy palms or the girl who needs her father to look under the bed for monsters, even though she knows the monsters dont exist.

Just give it time,
    it was most likely placed on you for years on end, so it will take quite a long time to discard all of it (psychologically)
     Reply #2 - October 12, 2010, 02:26 PM

up What Spock said  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #3 - October 12, 2010, 02:32 PM

do u sometimes say alhamdulilah when some1 asks how u r?

i still do loads of things like that.... habits of a lifetime Smiley

All I know is that the universe is a beautiful & complicated place. I think we are beautiful beings. Everyday I find something to marval at. I just hope I don't get burned in eternal torment because I miscalculated the truth level of a 7th Century camel salesman's feverish rantings. ~ BlackDog
     Reply #4 - October 12, 2010, 03:24 PM

no, but I do when I sneeze

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #5 - October 12, 2010, 03:26 PM

what about when something goes right, like when i was pretending to fast in ramadan and i snuck a drink while no ones was watching, i sed alhamdulilah, genuinly, i wasnt takin the piss untill i realised what i sed.  grin12

All I know is that the universe is a beautiful & complicated place. I think we are beautiful beings. Everyday I find something to marval at. I just hope I don't get burned in eternal torment because I miscalculated the truth level of a 7th Century camel salesman's feverish rantings. ~ BlackDog
     Reply #6 - October 12, 2010, 03:27 PM

Is this normal that I know I don't believe in Islam anymore , or Allah but majority of time I will think He will punish me for not belive which is crazy as I know he doesn't exist ?
     finmad
    I apologize if I sounding stupid but I am worried I might still be a beliver even when it is rubbish   wacko

Same here. It sucks  Cry
     Reply #7 - October 12, 2010, 04:34 PM

Phew I am glad it is not just me and that it doesn't mean I am weird  Smiley
    Thank you mighty_cats for your explanation .   Afro

Dr@gon Sl@yer  Cheesy  it's a funny story
    Yes I sometime say alhamdulillah when I sneeze like the sound of sneezing is suppose to be "atchoolhamdulillah"  wacko
    And when I am going to bed my head sometime reads durood shareef and duas for me  whistling2 until I realise what am I doing  wacko  Cheesy

Reply #8 - October 12, 2010, 04:44 PM

finmad
    I apologize if I sounding stupid but I am worried I might still be a beliver even when it is rubbish   wacko

Happens to me alot and I still read the Qu'ran when scared or recite a hadith. Habits are hard to break

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #9 - October 12, 2010, 04:53 PM

it pisses me off when u do something good and Allah gets the credit, but u do something bad u get in the neck.

allah ka bahut shookar hai. thank god.

Reply #10 - October 12, 2010, 05:08 PM

What I hate most about religions is putting the fear of hell into kids. That is child abuse as far as I'm concerned. Like you, I still haven't got over Islam completely yet.

Even though I know Islam is made up, some part of me feels that it's true. It's weird when those feelings come over you, as I have to go over again and again - in my head - why Islam couldn't possibly be true.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #11 - October 12, 2010, 05:54 PM

^ u know it amazes me how similar we are.  although with the passage of time the frequency of the debunkin islam decreases. it must be a few weeks since the last time i had to go over why i dont believe in islam.

sometimes u think ur the only one that has to do these silly things.

Reply #12 - October 12, 2010, 06:14 PM

I felt like that when I first started seriously looking into the "real" Islam, by really examining it closer free of bias, instead of looking at it through the rose-tinted glasses - the pleasant version of Islam I was used to growing up. The more I looked, the more convinced I was that Islam is man-made. But it was quite scary in the beginning, to have the nagging thoughts "what if I'm wrong?" lurking at the back of my mind.

These days? I'm pretty sure that Islam is bullshit. I've looked into it enough. And my confidence helps me to get rid of any shreds of fear I once had.

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
    ~ Douglas Adams
     Reply #13 - October 12, 2010, 06:22 PM

Oh, and this forum helped me quite a bit to get to where I am right now (I was lurking back then). So thank you all.  grin12

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
    ~ Douglas Adams
     Reply #14 - October 12, 2010, 06:26 PM

+1

Reply #15 - October 12, 2010, 08:27 PM

finmad

you are not alone dear far away hug
    me too i often say Assalamu Alaikum whenever i meet someone or enter somebody's house, there was one time after i finished drinking beer, i said Alhamdulillah Cheesy

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #16 - October 12, 2010, 10:57 PM

I apologize if I sounding stupid but I am worried I might still be a beliver even when it is rubbish  

You are not stupid it is only normal it takes time to be deprogrammed.  parrot
    I still say things like "alhamdulilah or audhubillah emina shaitan erajim" but less and less, if you live among practising muslim it may takes a long time to change it yes.
    You are scared because there is a lot of superstition going on with Islam and its ritual and somehow you are still programmed to think that something bad is going to happen (divine punishment).
    Shortly after I left Islam and my hijab, hubby was diagnosed with cancer and I felt it was my fault for being so bad... Cry I really had to control my thoughts and not to take refuge in Allah.) grin12

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
    George Carlin
     Reply #17 - October 12, 2010, 11:27 PM

Nope, doesn't sound crazy at all. I had the same exact problem in the beginning. It will wear off over time.

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine

https://twitter.com/AlharbiMoe
     Reply #18 - October 13, 2010, 07:48 AM

soory whats a hijab hubby? Huh?

Reply #19 - October 13, 2010, 03:48 PM

, there was one time after i finished drinking beer, i said Alhamdulillah Cheesy

Beautiful  Cheesy

Reply #20 - October 13, 2010, 03:54 PM

Cheesy

Reply #21 - October 13, 2010, 08:45 PM

soory whats a hijab hubby? Huh?

I meant "Shortly after I left Islam and my hijab, my husband was diagnosed with cancer ...   Smiley

George Carlin
     Reply #22 - October 14, 2010, 03:52 AM

right, stupid me  wacko

Reply #23 - October 15, 2010, 11:44 PM

right, stupid me 

no not stupid you! it should teach me a lesson to take care of my punctuation...

George Carlin
     Reply #24 - October 15, 2010, 11:55 PM

We all do it. I still say alhamdulillah after sneezing, a year on. I think that's the last one to go.
     Reply #25 - October 16, 2010, 01:14 AM

I think say thank God, God damn, and my most common phrase goddamnmotherfuckingshit!

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #26 - October 16, 2010, 08:52 AM

finmad

Yes, it's quite normal. In particular I think those of us who spent more years practising, praying and reading the Qur'an have a hard time shaking off the last vestiges of this fear as it takes such deep root in one's psyche.

The Horrors of Hell pervade almost every page of the Qur'an - and like bindweed it works it's way into our subconcious and hides behind every spiritual or rational reason that motivates us to pray and follow Allah's commands - even though none of us at the time would have admitted it.

Even now after 3 years I still occasionally have a knee-jerk reaction of fear if I mock this fictional monster called Allah.

But it does grow less and less with time - and now I can only see it as hilariously absurd - as well as terribly sad that so many decent people I know still allow this fear to cloud their rational mind.
     Reply #27 - October 16, 2010, 08:59 AM

just in general... im allways fascinated by all the stuff thats going on in your ex-muslim minds.

This is a great example of it. I cant imagine how it must feel, or how you guys experience it. I think it is a herculian task, what you all go throu. Again, my  deepest respect to all of you guys.

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves." - from Goethes Faust
    "Only the wisest and the stupidest men never change." - Confuzios
    "there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »