Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Are grown adults really matured?

(Read 6737 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Are grown adults really matured?
     OP - September 26, 2010, 03:08 PM

It doesnt seem to me, to be the case.

By matured, I don't mean physical growth maturity. I am speaking of emotional-mental-psychological maturity.
  • Re: Are grown adults really matured?
     Reply #1 - September 26, 2010, 03:16 PM

Only if they are pickled in formaldehyde for at least a decade.

Reply #2 - September 26, 2010, 03:16 PM

Is cheddar cheese really matured?

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #3 - September 26, 2010, 03:19 PM

Reply #4 - September 26, 2010, 03:31 PM

Does the pope shit in the woods?

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #5 - September 26, 2010, 04:06 PM

Is white chocolate really chocolate? Last time I ate it, it tasted milky.
     Reply #6 - September 26, 2010, 04:20 PM

It doesnt seem to me, to be the case.

By matured, I don't mean physical growth maturity. I am speaking of emotional-mental-psychological maturity.

Physical Growth  ahahahahahahahahha

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #7 - September 26, 2010, 05:17 PM

Perhaps my English and the rest of yours aren't the same here. Frankly I don't see anything wrong with what I'm saying.
     Reply #8 - September 26, 2010, 05:53 PM

Perhaps my English and the rest of yours aren't the same here. Frankly I don't see anything wrong with what I'm saying.

Has your English really matured? whistling2

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #9 - September 26, 2010, 06:01 PM

"Some people mature, most just get older." - me

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves." - from Goethes Faust
    "Only the wisest and the stupidest men never change." - Confuzios
    "there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
     Reply #10 - September 26, 2010, 07:06 PM

"Some people mature, most just get older." - me

I think so too. I think anyone who reads The Sun isn't really mature for starters. But even then, maturity is relative. I don’t read The Sun - but I consider myself 80% mature, even being mid-20. Women are definitely a lot more mature than men emotionally. No wonder marketing companies are just full of women these days from my experience - no coincidence.

I think most people can reach a decent level of maturity. But it takes a lot of mind training, thinking, reading and active practice. For some lucky people, being high EQ is natural. For others, it requires a lot of active thinking.

I think internet forums really do reveal the maturity distributions with people over 20, since such characteristics wouldn't be found in the media with the exception of showbiz/music artists perhaps!

Just some thoughts.
     Reply #11 - September 26, 2010, 08:33 PM

My dog, Pepe, has gotten a lot more mature than me lately. She's almost 11 yrs old which, for the first time since we've been together, means that she's outaged me (due to inter-special, differential ageing processes) and definitely outmanured me.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #12 - September 26, 2010, 08:33 PM

not necessarily.

my mom is an example. she is like a 16 year old in many ways. and not in a good way.  grin12

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #13 - September 26, 2010, 08:54 PM

Mine too. Grief she's hard work. she's 88 3/4 going on 11, and that's because she's still a good Catholic girl who believes that because all those priests raped all those little girls and boys, they deserve a special papal dispensation for being 'tempted'. Did I miss something or aren't I mature enough to spot it?

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #14 - September 26, 2010, 09:38 PM

Mentally, most adults are far from 'mature'
    perhaps one of the biggest reasons that has/will lead to the demise of society even further.

There really should be some form of permit for having children, seriously.
    The only thing worse than an idiot adult today, are 4 of them tomorrow.
     Reply #15 - September 26, 2010, 11:37 PM

Also, don't confuse "young at heart" with maturity.  Societies have "expectations" and "norms", as well as taboos on the definition of maturity.  Personally, the image I have of a "mature" adult is a droll, grey suited businessman that hates his job, has never "lived" per say, outside of a library or bookstore, and banters with others with much book knowledge, but very little in the way of worldly wisdom.  The truth is, to me, a truly mature adult is one who easily laughs, both at one's self and at the world, and at the same time can tone it down to encourage and support others.
    With wisdom AND experience, without demeaning or hurting anyone. 

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #16 - September 26, 2010, 11:55 PM

I think so too. I think anyone who reads The Sun isn't really mature for starters. But even then, maturity is relative. I don’t read The Sun - but I consider myself 80% mature, even being mid-20. Women are definitely a lot more mature than men emotionally. No wonder marketing companies are just full of women these days from my experience - no coincidence.

I think most people can reach a decent level of maturity. But it takes a lot of mind training, thinking, reading and active practice. For some lucky people, being high EQ is natural. For others, it requires a lot of active thinking.

I think internet forums really do reveal the maturity distributions with people over 20, since such characteristics wouldn't be found in the media with the exception of showbiz/music artists perhaps!

Just some thoughts.

Afro I agree.

Is your grammar defective? Just askin'.

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you." - Rumi

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »