Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: So how often?
  • I go high and low constantly throughout the day
  • Maybe once or twice a week
  • Maybe once or twice a month
  • Rarely if at all

Topic: How often do you feel down in the dumps?

(Read 16639 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: How often do you feel down in the dumps?
     Reply #60 - September 27, 2010, 05:35 AM

According to the mental health team its not Bi polar I have, its BPD.  I thought it was Bo polar when I read up about it, but I also match many of the symptoms from BPD.

I'm not on meds, I have been before but I refuse to take them anymore. 

Well I'm no shrink, and this ain't a diagnosis (so don't jump on me Abood), but the one thing that doesn't ring true about the BPD diagnosis is that most borderlines tend to be total assholes, and just irrationally mean and selfish. Whatever your faults, that does not seemto be among them.

fuck you
     Reply #61 - September 27, 2010, 05:36 AM

I'm not a self-harmer, though I've had the urge a few times, but I think it's quite sad that there's a stigma against people who self-harm. Sure, probably some do it for attention (people like these should be taken seriously too, because it might be their way to get help), but a lot of the time it isn’t. I want to share this. http://eliminatethestigma.wordpress.com/help-and-advice/dos-and-donts-of-self-injury/

This post is not directed to you btw, Q-Man. Just wanted to share.

Yeah, no offense to anyone meant by my usual flippancy and assholishness.

fuck you
     Reply #62 - September 27, 2010, 08:09 AM

Hey Q-Man,

What's with the signature?? Cheesy  BS meter

If you don't change it soon, I will instruct my friend, Mount A Bison, to mount you like a bison.

plan

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #63 - September 27, 2010, 11:21 AM

Reply #64 - September 27, 2010, 12:01 PM

Nour.  far away hug Good luck this Thursday.

Yes, good luck Nour: I hope they can sort something out for you. I wish I'd seen a psycho even before your age. It might have made so much difference.
     I've been through all that you describe and even, at times, checked out places to jump for a quick death if things got terminally unbearable. When I've been in life-threatening situations that I can rectify quickly and potentially suicidally I've done it, largely because when I'm in that frame of mind I have no regard for my life. I shudder at the memory of some of the dangerous and idiotic things that I've initiated and, sadly, involved other people in, to their detriment too.

My manicos were roller-coaster  euphorias of terror which, if I hadn't been so hell-bent on enjoying, I could not get off the fearful treadmill of the ride if I'd wanted. Some kind of inner demon drives you on and on and on and no matter how hard you try you can't stop it until you're exhausted, all energy spent. I can easily understand, in a previous, less knowledgeable age, how the idea of possession came about. At those times, I achieved so much and then, because of the inevitable payback, always managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It was like living 2 or 3 lives, all at once, and then having none at all.
     But, in my case, a little pill sorts it out. I still get depressions, usually from about now until March, but the manicos have been vanquished.

With respect to Dr Abood, I'm not trying to preconceive your ailment and I sincerely hope you get the correct diagnosis, tailored to the way that you are and then get the most appropriate and effective treatment. At 32, you have a lot of life still to live and look forward to. The sooner it's sorted the better.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #65 - September 27, 2010, 12:04 PM

According to the mental health team its not Bi polar I have, its BPD.  I thought it was Bo polar when I read up about it, but I also match many of the symptoms from BPD.

I'm not on meds, I have been before but I refuse to take them anymore. 

BPD ?

Reply #66 - September 27, 2010, 12:22 PM

BPD  borderline personality disorder

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #67 - September 27, 2010, 12:26 PM

Q man.  there are varying degrees of bpd.  Someone who has had alot of loss in their life (friends, relatives, etc) who have died can be diagnosed with it, as well.  If you look at recent revised definitions, not everyone who has bpd is an asshole, but because originally that was the primary diagnosis, people automatically think of that definition.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #68 - September 27, 2010, 01:01 PM

7she ain't a 16-year-old cutting herself while listening to The Cure in the dark.7

stop spying on me dood  Angry

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #69 - September 27, 2010, 01:09 PM

BPD  borderline personality disorder

Thanks, I've got lots of those. No, only kidding, just the two.

Reply #70 - September 27, 2010, 01:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIjkW6iyXNo

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #71 - September 28, 2010, 07:04 AM

About once a fortnight I can get majorly low for about a day where I generally don't want to speak to anyone or do anything and haven, in extreme cases, gotten suicidal thoughts (maybe once every two months). After that, it just abates like a weight being lifted and I am fine, can function normally and just get on with life. When I come out of it I am actually happier than before I fell into it, which is weird.
     Reply #72 - September 28, 2010, 07:06 AM

Subhanallah. Desist from using the name bison in vain unless you're prepared to consummate the Deed, to unwrap your nine inch magic stick from its loincloth and share the holy seed with all God's chillun. I won't ask you again.

ohmy Thread sneaker

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »