Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Today at 12:54 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:49 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Shedding Islam

(Read 28542 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Shedding Islam
     Reply #150 - September 21, 2010, 08:36 PM

Reply #151 - September 21, 2010, 08:58 PM

Reply #152 - September 21, 2010, 09:15 PM

Reply #153 - September 21, 2010, 10:47 PM

Welcome Mount A Bison! Aren't you just a cute little cupcake? I like.  bunny

Anyhow, can I please get a picture of your beautiful flame-haired wife? Thank you.

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #154 - September 22, 2010, 12:42 AM

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #155 - September 22, 2010, 02:38 AM

Hey sunshine,
    Before I gallop on to matters Islamic, a pressing question: How's the father of your 12 spotty-faced little brats? Miss those little chits! A greetings card every blue moon won't do us harm either. Just sayin'.  Galloping on ...

Sorry, not married i'm single...sort of.

I was labouring under the impression you were a Brit like so many of these rascals, no?

Nah, I live in the good ole U S of A and damn proud of it!  Michigan, USA to be exact.  Although you still didnt answer my first question.  Let me ask you some more, do you think multiculturism will be the fall of western civilization?  How do feel about political correctness?

Stone Age values must never be dignified under the rubric of "tolerance". Foolish is the man who tolerates the fanatically intolerant. When I am dictator, I propose to drag the Islamobullies to the sewage plant and hurl them in,  but I fear they may contaminate the sewage.

Cheesy

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #156 - September 22, 2010, 05:18 AM

Reply #157 - September 22, 2010, 05:56 AM

There are a number of things that make me see the analogy.  The increasing religiosity seems unsustainable to me, e.g. the niqab among Muslim girls living in the West.  Surely those girls are going to see through these stupid religious rules and question whether the stick being using to keep them in line is actually real.  And when they do so, and conclude that the stick is fake, they will feel cheated, BIG TIME!

Plus, I'm not sure a dogmatic ideology can survive the information age.  Anyone can look up alternative views on the internet.

i agree totally unlike europe in the dark ages , islam is in a diffeent era to expand that furiously ... given proper education and skeptical thinking its probably going to re-organize to something that is no different and tolerable like christianity today ..

given more scientific advancments that directly contradicts religious stories and dogmas , and living in  liberal societies with a higher moral encompass i think its unlikely to spread like fire in hay ... ofcourse providing that liberism and freedom of speech is not bullied

which is exactly what these islamist are trying to do

so there is no point of fighting unless these fundamental things are directly challenged

i do think that even in a society like iran or saudia if knowledge, better education and free speech is brought the society will reach a similar "higher" moral encompass provided in the west ... and u can see it working in different places amongst the arab world , yet still a minority but working nonetheless

Confucius:
    "What you do not like done to yourself, do not unto others."
     Reply #158 - September 22, 2010, 06:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDQlqmZDN8&feature=related

Confucius:
    "What you do not like done to yourself, do not unto others."
     Reply #159 - September 22, 2010, 06:48 AM

Reply #160 - September 22, 2010, 06:55 AM

Reply #161 - September 22, 2010, 12:01 PM

How can you dangle slabs of juicy read meat before our eyes without so much as cooking and seasoning the meal? You hold out chunks and tidbits of your intellectual biography that would make one salivate with excitement, but in the end you leave us dissappointingly unfed, unnourished and uninformed.

Sorry dude,  Not everyone is as brainy as you.  After all, you are "the Greatest Thinker who ever lived". Tongue  You'll have to bear with us mere mortals.  We spend most of our time flicking through dictionaries to understand what you are saying. whistling2

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #162 - September 22, 2010, 12:09 PM

these poor women are domestic slaves - thats all they are, and all Islam wants them to be, and all their husbands want them to be - a pure parasitic relationship, and its shows on the lines in her face  Cry  

Its all very well blaming men & Islam, but its also time women rose up to it & stopped this abuse from happening.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #163 - September 22, 2010, 08:30 PM

Reply #164 - September 22, 2010, 08:44 PM

Reply #165 - September 22, 2010, 09:08 PM

I think you misread the meaning of my post there buddy. I was soliciting more information about your "intellectual biography" that led you to discard Islam faster than a used condom. Somethin' to do with "intense realism" was it? Fascinating. Blew my hair right back. Okay, the combover. Wanna see the glorious pictures my sweet?

Thanks for calling me the "Greatest Thinker" who ever drew breath. I've never been so recognised by any trouserd ape. The envious scoundrels.

Intense realism, as in being brutally realistic, and seeking the truth without preconceptions -- focusing on the evidence and trying to keep emotion out of the thought process.
    I did spend many months researching and thinking before I consciously decided to leave Islam.

By the way, I linked to that 'intense realism' video just because I liked it and it was kinda relevant.  Simples. Smiley

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #166 - September 22, 2010, 09:29 PM

Reply #167 - September 22, 2010, 09:37 PM

Read my intro thread, my friend.  Mount it like a Bison.  See my first few posts.  I'm sure you know how to click your way to them. Smiley
    In summary, I come from a very religious family, started having doubts in 2006, ignored them till 2007, started researching and thinking consciously till about the middle of 2008 and consciously left Islam, but only came out to my parents about my apostasy in the middle of 2009, and have had very little contact with my family since.  To this day my parents refuse to accept my apostasy, but I have now resigned myself to living my own life without their support. Smiley

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #168 - September 22, 2010, 10:28 PM

Reply #169 - September 22, 2010, 11:33 PM

@Mount A Bison: ^^

You asked for it. mysmilie_977  In fact, you squeezed the story out of me.  I don't like sharing my messy story either, but after keeping it inside for so long, I felt that the story had to be recorded somewhere.  You will notice how I gave myself so long after apostasy to let it all sink in and gather my thoughts and plans for the future before joining forums in April this year.

Anyway, thanks for your kind words. hugs  I have now kinda mapped out my future.  Unfortunately, my parents do not want to be part of it.  I have tried my very best to give them a chance to accept me, but I cannot waste more years of my life.  I'm looking to move out of this city in the next few months. Smiley  Actually, now that I'm more focussed and I can see some light at the end of the tunnel, I'm feeling much happier, and excited about what the future holds.

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #170 - September 23, 2010, 12:07 AM

Reply #171 - September 23, 2010, 12:16 AM

Steady, I've never had so unorthodox a request in all my life. Are you a sex convict? How many stretches in the pokey? Five in total? Fascinating.

Let the record show that  I am the proudest owner of the hariest nipples of all God's chillun should you wish to see my nekkid photos. It is hirsutely plumed, it is magnificent, it stands quite alone.

Cheesy

Reply #172 - September 23, 2010, 12:20 AM

Reply #173 - September 23, 2010, 12:21 AM

Go on then. Show us your hairy nipple!

Reply #174 - September 23, 2010, 12:34 AM

Reply #175 - September 23, 2010, 12:39 AM

*swoons*

Phwoar

Reply #176 - September 23, 2010, 12:49 AM

Reply #177 - September 23, 2010, 12:56 AM

I like travelling on a pogo stick though.

Reply #178 - September 23, 2010, 01:03 AM

Reply #179 - September 23, 2010, 01:04 AM

I'm smoooooth!  dance

• Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »