Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello

(Read 30553 times)
  • 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello
     OP - September 08, 2010, 07:25 PM

Hi, noticed some discussions here so dropped by.

Are there any special rules aside from the standard rules a forum has? It would save me a bit of time thanks!

I'm a muslim by the way.
  • Re: Hello
     Reply #1 - September 08, 2010, 07:27 PM

Welcome Truthseeker.  There is a list of the forum rules linked to on the Home page.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - September 08, 2010, 07:34 PM

Hi, noticed some discussions here so dropped by.

Are there any special rules aside from the standard rules a forum has? It would save me a bit of time thanks!

I'm a muslim by the way.

Cool, lets debate.  

So tell us more about yourself and Islams relationship to you, this kind of thing;  what led you to this place, what kind of muslim you are - if you beleive in the sahih hadith, which madhab you follow, why you follow Islam, what % sure you are Islam is not manmade  etc

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #3 - September 08, 2010, 08:04 PM

Welcome to the forum, TruthSeeker.

I'm glad you are a Truth Seeker.  It implies that you are not dogmatic about your beliefs. i.e. that you don't have full yaqeen (certainty) that Islam is true.  Correct me if I'm wrong here.  grin12

So tell us, what POSITIVE evidence do you have to prove that Islam is true?  Including specific positive evidence for all the dogmatic claims that Islam makes.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #4 - September 08, 2010, 08:08 PM

@cheetah: thank you, I went through them

@islame: I am muslim, and I am ideological as opposed to the usual traditional/modernist/emotional that are generally what you find in the population today.

In other words, I believe in a Creator to the universe, that the Qur'an is revelation from this Creator, and that it comprehensively gives practical solutions to all of humanities problems. My belief in this as of yet is as strong as my belief in gravity, in my senses, and in the existence of the sun. I hope that's enough, didn't mean to make it sound so formal.

@ateapotist: My proofs? Well I'm not sure I should put all that in the introduction section should I? Wouldn't it be better in another thread maybe?

I am definitely not close minded, though I was raised muslim I carefully studied different beliefs before accepting Islam. My approach is simply that if I say what I believe is correct, I should be able to calmly, rationally, and humbly answer questions. Is that ok for now? =)
     Reply #5 - September 08, 2010, 08:10 PM

Welcome in
     Reply #6 - September 08, 2010, 08:13 PM

My proofs? Well I'm not sure I should put all that in the introduction section should I? Wouldn't it be better in another thread maybe?

Might as well do it here, but please introduce yourself first e.g. where your from, how your spiritual journey evolved etc

Do you beleive in the sahih hadith?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - September 08, 2010, 08:14 PM

Welcome!

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #8 - September 08, 2010, 08:15 PM

I am definitely not close minded, though I was raised muslim I carefully studied different beliefs before accepting Islam. My approach is simply that if I say what I believe is correct, I should be able to calmly, rationally, and humbly answer questions. Is that ok for now? =)

So one of these beliefs has to be true -  How do you know they are not all made up?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - September 08, 2010, 08:17 PM

Do you believe in evolution?

Reply #10 - September 08, 2010, 08:23 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes =)

Might as well do it here, but please introduce yourself first e.g. where your from, how your spiritual journey evolved etc

Do you beleive in the sahih hadith?

Well I live in Canada currently. My journey wasn't spiritual really, it was actually almost purely intellectual. I separate emotions from my belief, because how I feel about something is not going to change what is and is not real.

But the spirituality came after I was convinced through my mind, which is just like any other bond you develop. I have a bond with the Creator I believe in decisively, like I have bonds with my family, friends, etc =).

Well for sahih hadith, what do you mean by belief? Do I believe they are 100% in belief? Or do I believe in them, but not decisively?

I do take them to act upon though. Sorry I'm getting a bit technical :S
    So one of these beliefs has to be true -  How do you know they are not all made up?

Well it's like a lot of things. For example, how do come we believe our parents exist? Or that we had great great great great grandparents? Or for those that have never been, that Antarctica exists?

So it's a matter of what is proof and what kind of proof it takes to believe in it.

@godisnotgreat: I haven't really studied evolution that much. But the debate on evolution actually goes back to a basic point of the existence of the universe.

I think the evolution debate was because of the rift between the church and darwin right?
     Reply #11 - September 08, 2010, 08:39 PM

@islame: I am muslim, and I am ideological as opposed to the usual traditional/modernist/emotional that are generally what you find in the population today.

In other words, I believe in a Creator to the universe, that the Qur'an is revelation from this Creator, and that it comprehensively gives practical solutions to all of humanities problems.

So you believe Islam is the perfect way of life?  Is that including all its barbaric Shariah punishments, like chopping hands and feet for stealing, and stoning of adulterers, and killing of apostates?

@ateapotist: My proofs? Well I'm not sure I should put all that in the introduction section should I? Wouldn't it be better in another thread maybe?

We might as well thrash out all your arguments in this thread.

Sure. Smiley  We like rational Muslims.  We will treat you with respect as a fellow human being.  But be warned that your beliefs will be criticised and ridiculed mercilessly here.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #12 - September 08, 2010, 08:45 PM

Well for sahih hadith, what do you mean by belief? Do I believe they are 100% in belief? Or do I believe in them, but not decisively?

Do you accept what is contained in the sahih hadith as the truth?  Because that is what you are supposed to do, unless you are happy to be typecast as a heretic amongst ordinary muslims

Well it's like a lot of things. For example, how do come we believe our parents exist? Or that we had great great great great grandparents?

Thanks for bringing this example up, as its a good one.  I also believe a creator existing is a possibility, but not fact according to Hawkings at least.

In any case thats not the point I am making here.  I know I had great great grandparents, but if you were to ask me as to the exact identity of them.  For example if you showed me a photo of them, I would not be able to confirm or deny

I haven't really studied evolution that much. But the debate on evolution actually goes back to a basic point of the existence of the universe.

I think the evolution debate was because of the rift between the church and darwin right?

Did we evolve over a long period from apes, or would you say Adam & Eve dun it?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #13 - September 08, 2010, 09:05 PM

Welcome

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #14 - September 08, 2010, 09:59 PM

So you believe Islam is the perfect way of life?  Is that including all its barbaric Shariah punishments, like chopping hands and feet for stealing, and stoning of adulterers, and killing of apostates?

We might as well thrash out all your arguments in this thread.

Sure. Smiley  We like rational Muslims.  We will treat you with respect as a fellow human being.  But be warned that your beliefs will be criticised and ridiculed mercilessly here.

I expect a lot of criticism from many people here, because this is a forum of ex-muslims. But I do hope for a level of respect to be upheld without random insults to me =).

As for the shariah, words like barbaric just attach your perspective on the punishments. But every rule has it's purpose and a context. For example, in the United States, a person can be arrested and tortured under the rules of national security, without any form of trial of evidence. This is both unjust and can truly be claimed barbaric, because to even look to punish a thief there must be 4 witnesses who have never lied even once in public and any material evidence along with it. And if they could not prove it, they would be facing penalties themselves. In addition, the thief must not have been stealing out of any need (like food, shelter, etc) but rather out of a want of something that was not considered a need.

Do you accept what is contained in the sahih hadith as the truth?  Because that is what you are supposed to do, unless you are happy to be typecast as a heretic amongst ordinary muslims
    Thanks for bringing this example up, as its a good one.  I also believe a creator existing is a possibility, but not fact according to Hawkings at least.

In any case thats not the point I am making here.  I know I had great great grandparents, but if you were to ask me as to the exact identity of them.  For example if you showed me a photo of them, I would not be able to confirm or deny
    Did we evolve over a long period from apes, or would you say Adam & Eve dun it?

In Islam, there is the aqeedah, and then there is fiqh. Aqeedah are the parts of islam one must believe in 100%, such as the command to pray being obligatory and the belief in the prophets. Other parts are to be beleived in based upon how authentic they are.

In the science of hadith, you have mutwatair and ahad narrations. The former are narrated by a chain so strong and by so many, that it is impossible to collude on a lie. It would be like me claiming antarctica does not exist, simply because I have not seen it in person, even though so many people who are trustworthy report it. ahad narrations can be sahih or less, but they are not part of aqeedah because they are not beyond doubt. Sahih hadith are usually like 99% but there is a possibility of even them being wrong, unless they are mutawatir.

However, for me to reject a sahih hadith, I have to show why it is wrong in terms of it's chain.

For the hawkings thing, I definitely want to make another thread on it. I can say that hawkings publicist certainly did an outstanding job marketing his book. He really skewed what hawkings was really saying to get the media in a frenzy.

If I ask you what proof you can bring that you specifically had great great great great grandparents, what would you bring? If we use the atheistic standard in science, it believes in only the tangible and directly observable. So unless someone has their ancestors grave, or can visually see them, how would you know they exist?

Welcome

Thanks!
     Reply #15 - September 08, 2010, 10:04 PM

As for the shariah, words like barbaric just attach your perspective on the punishments. But every rule has it's purpose and a context. For example, in the United States, a person can be arrested and tortured under the rules of national security, without any form of trial of evidence.

So why cant we cal that unjust & barbaric too?  These are man-made laws anyway, I raise the bar with an omnicient being.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - September 08, 2010, 10:12 PM

@TruthSeeker:  What is your opinion on the death penalty for apostates?

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #17 - September 08, 2010, 10:18 PM

However, for me to reject a sahih hadith, I have to show why it is wrong in terms of it's chain.

So as ex-muslims, do you believe we should be killed?  

Sahih  Bukhari 4:260
    The Prophet said, ‘If a Muslim discards his religion, kill him.’

If I ask you what proof you can bring that you specifically had great great great great grandparents, what would you bring? If we use the atheistic standard in science, it believes in only the tangible and directly observable. So unless someone has their ancestors grave, or can visually see them, how would you know they exist?

I think you missed my point about the example.  Firstly its scientific fact that we come from parents/grandparents etc, its not scientific fact that Allah exists. Hence I want more evidence in this case scenario.

Secondly like I said earlier,  I am an agnostic, so I would be happy to question if there is a creator/ I have no grandparents or not.  My point is not if there is a creator or not, but how do you know that this creator sent this book, and this creator's name is Allah.  Because the Quran & your ancestors told you so?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #18 - September 08, 2010, 10:46 PM

@godisnotgreat: I haven't really studied evolution that much. But the debate on evolution actually goes back to a basic point of the existence of the universe.

I don't fully understand your question.  As for the "debate" over evolution - there isn't one. Evolution is a scientific fact. It's has mountains of evidence supporting it: fossil record, vestigiality, distribution of species and biomolecular evidence. There isn't a credible biologist in the world who disputes the theory of evolution. You say that you've explored alternate viewpoints and that your research about faiths has been intellectual. I find it extremely suspect that you did not explore the veracity of the creation myth of Adam & Eve. Evolution is a powerful argument against literalist interpretations of the Qur'an. It's a shame that someone who went on an "intellectual journey" didn't bother to explore the reality of evolution by natural selection.

Reply #19 - September 09, 2010, 01:37 PM

So why cant we cal that unjust & barbaric too?  These are man-made laws anyway, I raise the bar with an omnicient being.

Well the problem is with your definition of what is unjust and barbaric.

We can agree that if I rationally prove without a shadow of a doubt that this universe had a Creator, then it would follow that whatever this Creator commands must be obeyed. This is because the Creator created everything, and thus is the only one that can set a standard for anything whatsoever. However, if there is no belief in a Creator, then it can become a matter of personal judgment.

It would be irrational to believe in a Creator, then talk about how the Creator creates unjust laws. This is a contradiction of terms.

However, the United States claims no such thing, they are secular/capitalistic and call on the view of human beings.

The first discussion is always then one of whether there is a Creator to the universe or not, and then did the Creator interact or communicate with anything created or not. If both are not true, then the debate would be based on what human beings perceive as best.

So as ex-muslims, do you believe we should be killed?  

Sahih  Bukhari 4:260
    The Prophet said, ‘If a Muslim discards his religion, kill him.’
    I think you missed my point about the example.  Firstly its scientific fact that we come from parents/grandparents etc, its not scientific fact that Allah exists. Hence I want more evidence in this case scenario.

Secondly like I said earlier,  I am an agnostic, so I would be happy to question if there is a creator/ I have no grandparents or not.  My point is not if there is a creator or not, but how do you know that this creator sent this book, and this creator's name is Allah.  Because the Quran & your ancestors told you so?

The ex-muslim part is grossly confused. It doesn't work like that at all, in fact one evidence does not constitute islam nor is it binding or implemented until the whole system is in place.

What I mean is that this is only one evidence, and there are a number of contexts. I think we should make a new thread on that in another place, because it's a side topic.

So you said that it is a scientific fact that we come from parents grandparents. Where is the fact? Simply saying so doesn't make it a fact, what is your proof? And how do you know there is no proof for a Creator? That is what we should discuss first then.

I do not believe in the Qur'an as some inherited tradition. My belief in islam is based upon rationality and simply reality. Belief in anything comes from some proof, and the proof must be binding otherwise it isn't proof.

You say you are agnostic. But first I want to ask, what is your position on the creation of the universe? Did it come from nothing? Was it always there? Or was it created?

I don't fully understand your question.  As for the "debate" over evolution - there isn't one. Evolution is a scientific fact. It's has mountains of evidence supporting it: fossil record, vestigiality, distribution of species and biomolecular evidence. There isn't a credible biologist in the world who disputes the theory of evolution. You say that you've explored alternate viewpoints and that your research about faiths has been intellectual. I find it extremely suspect that you did not explore the veracity of the creation myth of Adam & Eve. Evolution is a powerful argument against literalist interpretations of the Qur'an. It's a shame that someone who went on an "intellectual journey" didn't bother to explore the reality of evolution by natural selection.

Well when I say I didn't study evolution, I meant I didn't study it in detail. The basic point of the theory still goes down to cause and effect. Because, even if we talk about something living evolving, then where did the first evolution come from? Out of nothing? Did they evolve infinitely backwards? Or did nonliving things suddenly become living?

Natural selection is a different topic altogether though, because evolution is taking about something a little bit more different. Natural selection can be applied in a different way, such that whatever has the ability and the skills triumphs over whatever does not. Now if you claim it is somehow random, I dispute that claim, since that contradicts the second law of thermodynamics in physics. But if you claim that there is a structure and design to it outside the bounds of the very thing, I can agree that natural selection has merit.
     Reply #20 - September 09, 2010, 02:05 PM

It would be irrational to believe in a Creator, then talk about how the Creator creates unjust laws. This is a contradiction of terms.

Not really, you keep doing this & confusing the word creator with Allah.  You say there could be a creator, which I follow, but then you imply this creator dictated the Quran.  Cant you see at this point you have made a leap of faith, which I stopped doing many years ago.

1) The first discussion is always then one of whether there is a Creator to the universe or not, 2) and then did the Creator interact or communicate with anything created or not.

Thankyou - you see what I was getting at.  Can I add one more step? 

3) Finding out which religion is the truth  

So here we see there are at least 6 major junctions on this flowchart before we can assume whether Islam is the truth, not simply by working out if there is a creator or not. 

Even with a creator its possible the Islam is manmade, so lets not waste any time on debating whether a creator exists or not.  Its a red herring, particularly as I am agnostic.  So lets continue to discuss point 2 & 3, which is what in fact led me to discount Islam.

The ex-muslim part is grossly confused. It doesn't work like that at all, in fact one evidence does not constitute islam nor is it binding or implemented until the whole system is in place.

So you are ok with killing ex-muslims if your utopian islamic state is in place?

So you said that it is a scientific fact that we come from parents grandparents. Where is the fact?  Simply saying so doesn't make it a fact, what is your proof? And how do you know there is no proof for a Creator? 

Well we know we are a product of DNA material that comes from our parents.  You dont think this is a scientific fact?

We have no such facts for the presence of a creator, there are a number of different scientific theories for how this universe came about, but only one for how I came about.

You say you are agnostic. But first I want to ask, what is your position on the creation of the universe? Did it come from nothing? Was it always there? Or was it created?

Firstly I would not make a certain claim about anything, as I dont believe science knows for sure yet - like I said there are a number of schools of thought on this one.  But I would hedge my bets on its always been around (much like Allah is supposed to have been).

then where did the first evolution come from? Out of nothing? Did they evolve infinitely backwards? Or did nonliving things suddenly become living?

Depends on how you define life.  If, like me, you define it as the capability to reproduce then its the last option.  Basically protein began to replicate itself. 

I can agree that natural selection has merit.

So you accept the view of the scientific community through, archaelogical and now DNA evidence, that says we evolved from apes?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #21 - September 09, 2010, 04:32 PM

We can agree that if I rationally prove without a shadow of a doubt that this universe had a Creator, then it would follow that whatever this Creator commands must be obeyed.

No, it doesn't. 

I would be mildly interested in how one can rationally prove the existence of this alleged creator. But I can't promise I will be back on this thread.

This is because the Creator created everything, and thus is the only one that can set a standard for anything whatsoever.

No.  This is like saying that offspring must forever obey whatever their parents tell them.  There is no rational reason for this above statement to be inherently true.

However, if there is no belief in a Creator, then it can become a matter of personal judgment.

Even when there is believe in a creator, it is often a matter of personal judgment.

No it wouldn't.  Why can't a creator be unjust or irrational itself?  There is nothing in the definition of the word "creator" that equates it with being just, rational, merciful or anything else... only that a creator is someone that creates something. 

However, the United States claims no such thing, they are secular/capitalistic and call on the view of human beings.

If we are being intellectually honest, so does shariah.

So until the whole system is in place, ex-Muslims shouldn't worry about being killed?

And how do you know there is no proof for a Creator? That is what we should discuss first then.

As Big Al says, bring your proof if you are indeed truthful. 

[this space for rent]
     Reply #22 - September 09, 2010, 04:33 PM

It's nice to see a Muslim who doesn't have their head buried in the sand. There are lots of things I'd like your opinion on, but for now, welcome.
     Reply #23 - September 10, 2010, 07:50 PM

Not really, you keep doing this & confusing the word creator with Allah.  You say there could be a creator, which I follow, but then you imply this creator dictated the Quran.  Cant you see at this point you have made a leap of faith, which I stopped doing many years ago.

Thankyou - you see what I was getting at.  Can I add one more step? 

3) Finding out which religion is the truth  

So here we see there are at least 6 major junctions on this flowchart before we can assume whether Islam is the truth, not simply by working out if there is a creator or not. 

Even with a creator its possible the Islam is manmade, so lets not waste any time on debating whether a creator exists or not.  Its a red herring, particularly as I am agnostic.  So lets continue to discuss point 2 & 3, which is what in fact led me to discount Islam.
    So you are ok with killing ex-muslims if your utopian islamic state is in place?

Well we know we are a product of DNA material that comes from our parents.  You dont think this is a scientific fact?

We have no such facts for the presence of a creator, there are a number of different scientific theories for how this universe came about, but only one for how I came about.
    Firstly I would not make a certain claim about anything, as I dont believe science knows for sure yet - like I said there are a number of schools of thought on this one.  But I would hedge my bets on its always been around (much like Allah is supposed to have been).

Depends on how you define life.  If, like me, you define it as the capability to reproduce then its the last option.  Basically protein began to replicate itself. 
    So you accept the view of the scientific community through, archaelogical and now DNA evidence, that says we evolved from apes?

How do you quote pieces of text? :S. I guess I'll have to lump in one reply lol.

I think it would be best to first look into the difference in our claims:

You: agnostic, thus you say either A) there isn't enough proof to be able to determine if there is a Creator or not, or B) you are currently undecided since you are still researching.

Me: There is conclusive proof that the universe can only originate from something before it.

Also, you can perhaps prove to me that you came from your parents. And perhaps that you they came from their parents. What proof do you have beyond that? Or beyond that? Or beyond that?  Are you theorizing, or are you saying it is a fact (keeping in mind the atheist scientists view on what constitutes fact).

No, it doesn't. 

I would be mildly interested in how one can rationally prove the existence of this alleged creator. But I can't promise I will be back on this thread.

No.  This is like saying that offspring must forever obey whatever their parents tell them.  There is no rational reason for this above statement to be inherently true.

Even when there is believe in a creator, it is often a matter of personal judgment.

No it wouldn't.  Why can't a creator be unjust or irrational itself?  There is nothing in the definition of the word "creator" that equates it with being just, rational, merciful or anything else... only that a creator is someone that creates something. 

If we are being intellectually honest, so does shariah.

So until the whole system is in place, ex-Muslims shouldn't worry about being killed?

As Big Al says, bring your proof if you are indeed truthful. 

Well since you aren't planning on returning =/. If you are let me know and I'll reply, I have a few tasks from work to get done.

It's nice to see a Muslim who doesn't have their head buried in the sand. There are lots of things I'd like your opinion on, but for now, welcome.

Awesome thanks =).
     Reply #24 - September 10, 2010, 07:54 PM

How would you explain the way Quran thinks the earth to be flat? Sun rises near some people, and falls in muddy spring (all on the earth)
    Proof: Quran mentions that some Zulqarnain guy witnessed it. Surah-e-Kahaf (18) verses 83-98.

Also why Allah is so hypocrite, that in surah-e-baqarah (2) verse 30, he claims that he is creating Adam for earth, but in the same surah, verse 36, he says that he is expelling Adam from heaven and sending to earth as a punishment for his sin?

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #25 - September 10, 2010, 07:55 PM

To quote a bit of the text you can quote the whole lot and delete the rest using the backspace or delete on your computer.
     Reply #26 - September 10, 2010, 08:11 PM

To quote a bit of the text you can quote the whole lot and delete the rest using the backspace or delete on your computer.

How do I quote several sections and separate them though?

How would you explain the way Quran thinks the earth to be flat? Sun rises near some people, and falls in muddy spring (all on the earth)
    Proof: Quran mentions that some Zulqarnain guy witnessed it. Surah-e-Kahaf (18) verses 83-98.

Also why Allah is so hypocrite, that in surah-e-baqarah (2) verse 30, he claims that he is creating Adam for earth, but in the same surah, verse 36, he says that he is expelling Adam from heaven and sending to earth as a punishment for his sin?

1) I looked at that section you're talking about, I see no reference to the earth being flat. In fact, the references people do mention are based on the worth dahaha. It is a word with multiple meanings, and is part of the literary beauty of the qur'an.

2) Where did you get that understanding :S. Verse 36 is talking about Adam peace be upon him being sent to earth, and verse 36 is talking about a khalifah. I don't see how you reached your conclusion, even in the english (the arabic is pretty clear).
     Reply #27 - September 10, 2010, 08:13 PM

I don't know how to separate them sorry.
     Reply #28 - September 10, 2010, 08:17 PM

1) I looked at that section you're talking about, I see no reference to the earth being flat. In fact, the references people do mention are based on the worth dahaha. It is a word with multiple meanings, and is part of the literary beauty of the qur'an.

I don't think ambiguity is a literary device.
     Reply #29 - September 10, 2010, 08:18 PM

Go to parts the part of a quote and press shift + enter. that should automatically split quotes.

• 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »