Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: "A Geezer in Gaza" - Joke?

(Read 2482 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • "A Geezer in Gaza" - Joke?
     OP - September 07, 2010, 09:13 AM

COMING SOON TO SKY1
    AND SKY1 HD

‘A GEEZER IN GAZA’

Danny Dyer’s unique view from both sides of the Gaza Strip

Two former Tiger Aspect producers (Production house of ‘Ross Kemp on Gangs’) have left to start their own production company, Propa Productions, and are delighted to announce their first commission for a four-part documentary due for broadcast on Sky1 and Sky1 HD in Spring 2011.

‘A Geezer in Gaza’ is a unique and thought provoking documentary that sees the popular actor Danny Dyer thrown into the middle of the conflict. Danny will attempt to see the problems on both sides and explain to viewers just what is going on in this dangerous and complex part of the world.

Throughout the series Danny will interview key players from both sides and offer his views as to how the conflict can be resolved and peace restored to the region.

Marcus Holmes, Head of Programming at Propa Productions, says this of the project; “Our production teams have been working long and hard on this concept to make sure we created an engaging documentary for Sky1 HD viewers.

“I believe that Propa Productions has developed a unique programme and by choosing to work with the robust approach of Danny Dyer, we can really help to give the viewer a sense of the scale of the issues that the region is currently experiencing. Danny Dyer is extremely popular in the UK and because of this we immediately leapt at the chance to get him on board.”

Film star & television presenter Dyer, 33, said, “Due to my work being very popular in this region I hope that with my profile I can help to bring the two sides together and end this mess once and for all. I’m not saying I’m the answer but if I have to I’ll bang a few heads together to get things done!”

Sky1 HD controller Stuart Murphy said, “We’ve always tried to push the limits with our documentaries and as we have seen in the past, celebrities can offer the viewer an intelligent and thought provoking angle that the news reports don’t always get across. We hope the everyman touch that Danny can bring will help to see the conflict in a new light.”

The series is already in post-production and Propa Productions hope to see the documentary on screens in Spring 2011.

[link to Facebook group]

For the love of FSM, please tell me this is a wind-up. Is this what happens when people like Murdoch are allowed to take over the media?

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
  • Re: "A Geezer in Gaza" - Joke?
     Reply #1 - September 07, 2010, 10:14 AM

Wait, for real?  Lmao

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »