Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: On becoming a Muslim

(Read 7965 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: On becoming a Muslim
     Reply #30 - September 02, 2010, 10:29 PM

Ah, but are you in the toilet?

Funny story. An old fundi friend of mine that grew up in Medina to religious wacko, jihadi 12-kid-having parents, had a brother who wanted to, surprise, surprise, study Islam at the University of Medina. So he goes for the interview and the sheikh asks him, "Where is Allah?" And the young man answers, feeling very sure of himself in answering such an easy question, "Allah is everywhere!" The sheikh's face grows angry and he shouts at the hapless prospect, "What?! Are you saying that Allah is in the toilet?" Needless to say, he was not offered admission. Cheesy

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion."~Steven Weinberg
     Reply #31 - September 02, 2010, 10:32 PM

Cheesy

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #32 - September 03, 2010, 03:27 AM

wow just wow. who let that idiot in charge of admissions !!!

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #33 - September 03, 2010, 07:48 AM

"Where is Allah?"

Typical salafi mantra...
     Reply #34 - September 03, 2010, 09:16 PM

the man who wrote this book hasn't ever declared embracing islam, and they say he was paid to write this book, but that all means nothing, there are hundreds out there who can tell you about scientific facts in Quran

in fact i know a pretty good lecturer.. he's abdur raheem green, a british convert to islam
    you can watch his lectures on youtube under the title : the proof that islam is the truth
    watch episodes 7, 8, 9 and 10
    good luck
     Reply #35 - September 04, 2010, 08:12 PM

they are all "miracles" if we are willing to forget history. what did the followers of Mohammad see these verses as ? sure  now days we can give them new meaning but if someone back in the day was told the earth is "round" they would have lost their mind. but i am supposed to believe that the quran already declared this Huh? please. All these miracles are for the ignorant mainstream muslims who just need confirmation bias.

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #36 - September 04, 2010, 08:46 PM

great, so there are some interpreted scientific "miracles" in the quran.
    ok.

what about jinns and magic? you know they aren't interpretations at all, it's pretty clear. there are supposed to be fucking jinns and magicians around.

why are they in the quran then? as test material for us modern skeptics? not likely. they are there to provide credibility to quran, as people believed them before Mo came up with quran. it's just, those times are past now.

although, human psyche being as it is, people can make themselves believe quran was ACTUALLY cutting-edge scientific or some other magical shit when it talks about sun setting in a mudpool. Regardless all the ashaab and the early scholars believed and said subhanallah to it's literal meaning, not surprisingly.

be objective, and you will suddenly see the image in 3d.  Afro
    entertain the possibility that we guys are not as stupid as you think we are.
     Reply #37 - September 04, 2010, 08:48 PM

FLYING HORSES.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #38 - September 04, 2010, 09:16 PM

A few months later I was off to Egypt for a 6-week honeymoon

sounds like bliss. welcome to the forum an all that  Afro

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #39 - September 04, 2010, 10:51 PM

It's a very basic point of aqeedah, ya akhuya. We can't have people defiling UM with Sufi biddah, obviously!

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion."~Steven Weinberg
     Reply #40 - September 04, 2010, 10:53 PM

It was cool to visit, but living there was another story. More of that coming in part two, which I've already started on.  bunny

Reply #41 - September 07, 2010, 05:06 AM

UPDATE: Writing this bit about my journey has inspired me to write a more detailed version of the story and so it is taking a while. Look for it in the bios section....sometime hopefully in the near future.

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »