Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Thank you

(Read 3065 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Thank you
     OP - September 06, 2010, 07:08 PM

I am not an ex-Muslim and probably do not belong on this forum, but I do feel the need to make these comments.  I am an ex-Christian who has seen the light and I have embraced no religion, you may call me an atheist but I do not like the attitude that atheism is just another religion when it is simply the absence of religion.  Being ex-religious, I do understand the feelings that one goes through (oh no, I am going to hell for this........ and so on).

I am excited to discover this community of ex-Muslims and I want to thank you for your courage, as is seems that humanity may have a future.  It is disappointing however to see that some ex-Muslims have now embraced Christianity when it is equally as poisonous to society as Islam.  I would have thought the issues you have with Islam would be equally valid for Christianity, please do not think that a person must have a god in order to live a good happy life.

I am amazed to see that there are so many young people living within very religious families who are able to realize that there is something wrong with religion.  I do however feel terribly sorry for the emotions and guilt you must be enduring and the fact that you must keep things to yourself for fear of punishment.

I personally feel that the world is a very unpleasant place due to religion and although it is great to see communities like this, I think that it is too little too late.  I hope that I am wrong, but it seems that these people will not be satisfied until they get their Armageddon that God has promised them.

mrblue
  • Re: Thank you
     Reply #1 - September 06, 2010, 07:23 PM

You're certainly welcome here mrblue! Wink

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #2 - September 06, 2010, 07:25 PM

Hello and welcome  Smiley
     Reply #3 - September 06, 2010, 07:26 PM

Welcome mrblue!!! Sounds like you'll fit right in Smiley

Reply #4 - September 06, 2010, 07:33 PM

Welcome Mr. Blue.  Like you I am not an ex Muslim but an ex Christian and I admire those who have the courage to overcome far greater obstacles than I have and I hope to help them in any way possible.  If you want the best for other people to pursue truth and to be free, you've come to the right place.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #5 - September 06, 2010, 08:20 PM

I am not an ex-Muslim

Nor am I

and probably do not belong on this forum,

We'll be the judge of that.  Wink

but I do feel the need to make these comments.  I am an ex-Christian who has seen the light and I have embraced no religion, you may call me an atheist but I do not like the attitude that atheism is just another religion when it is simply the absence of religion.  Being ex-religious, I do understand the feelings that one goes through (oh no, I am going to hell for this........ and so on).

I am excited to discover this community of ex-Muslims and I want to thank you for your courage, as is seems that humanity may have a future.  It is disappointing however to see that some ex-Muslims have now embraced Christianity when it is equally as poisonous to society as Islam.  I would have thought the issues you have with Islam would be equally valid for Christianity, please do not think that a person must have a god in order to live a good happy life.

1. The purpose of this forum is to support the right of apostasy from Islam and provide support to those who do, whether or not they end up going to another religion or not.

2. That being said, the vast majority here have not moved onto another organized religion, and are (mostly) agnostic humanists and atheists, though there are also some deists and pantheists. As far as I know there's only one ex-Muslim currently posting here who is a Christian.

3. I would dispute that, on a global level, at this point in history, Christianity is "equally poisonous to society as Islam" overall. While there are certain parts of the world more poisoned by Christianity than Islam (the US and parts of Africa for example), and at certain points in its history Christianity has been overall worse than Islam on a global level, currently the two regions I listed above (the US and parts of Africa), and to a lesser extent Latin America, are the only parts of what would once be called "Christendom" where religiosity amongst Christians poses a serious social threat-- in Europe it does not. And in the US we have secular checks socially and politically on the power of the Christian nutters.

By contrast, almost every corner of the Islamic world is afflicted, to one degree or another, by the threat of Muslim religious fanatics. Albania, Bosnia, Turkey, Indonesia, and Kazahkstan are among the exceptions, but even they aren't totally free of it, and must wage a struggle against the religious nuts to preserve secular society. And unlike in the US, in the majority of the Islamic world there are very few institutional checks on the power of the religious nutters, and, quite the contrary, there are many political and social institutional forces that give these nutjobs more power than they would otherwise have.

But, yeah, I'm generally with ya and welcome to the forum Monsieur Bleu Smiley

fuck you
     Reply #6 - September 06, 2010, 08:31 PM

signwelcome  btw whats the deal with your username  Huh?  Are you sad or or drank a bottle of Quink?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - September 06, 2010, 09:34 PM

Mr Blue, Mr X sends his regards

If you ask me to define anything i will slap you with my pimp hand and make you cry like a biatch.

Nick Naylor: "I didn't have to. I proved that you're wrong, and if you're wrong I'm right."~ Thank you for Smoking

Perspective
     Reply #8 - September 06, 2010, 09:39 PM

Welcome to the forum, MrBlue. victory

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #9 - September 06, 2010, 11:47 PM

I refuse to say hello...

So I'll just say

Os!!  Get these damned kids off my lawn!!

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #10 - September 07, 2010, 01:02 AM

Welcome Mrblue! Don't worry about not belonging, it doesn't really matter whether or not you were a muslim.
     Reply #11 - September 07, 2010, 01:08 AM

Everyone is born a muslim, so signwelcome
     Reply #12 - September 07, 2010, 01:30 AM

Welcome  Smiley
     Reply #13 - September 07, 2010, 11:03 AM

signwelcome  btw whats the deal with your username  Huh?  Are you sad or or drank a bottle of Quink?

My username is simply an acronym for close people and pets in my life, it has nothing to do with my state of mind.

mrblue
     Reply #14 - September 07, 2010, 07:43 PM

Cheesy

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion."~Steven Weinberg
     Reply #15 - September 07, 2010, 07:58 PM

So technically, you are an ex-Muslim! There you go, Allah knows best!  Cheesy

Reply #16 - September 07, 2010, 08:08 PM

Welcome, Mr. Blue! Some of us have the distinction of being ex-Muslim and ex-Christian. Though I never believed in Christianity myself, I was baptisized at age 10, and it's a good thing too, otherwise the imam at my wedding wasn't going to let me marry a Muslim as an agnostic! Then again, maybe it wasn't such a good thing.... Cheesy

Anyway, I see your point about Christianity. I get frustrated too with ex-Muslims who accept it. Perhaps you can recommend some links that address that issue for the library here. This is a great place for thinkers to share ideas and get support, and even more importantly, I think, to provide a resource for those questioning to explore their questions in a safe place. I think if I had had such a place, I would have left Islam a lot earlier.

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion."~Steven Weinberg
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »