Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: New Lost Member!

(Read 5573 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: New Lost Member!
     Reply #30 - August 30, 2010, 03:12 AM

welcome !

far away hug

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #31 - August 30, 2010, 03:37 AM

Welcome whyme89!!! Hope you like it here  Smiley

Reply #32 - August 30, 2010, 03:40 AM

I feel for you - your English is good,  so tell us which place or continent your from and how you found us.  I am sure you will love this place, but I warn you its very addictive!

I know lool I'm already addicted. I'm originally Palestinian, but I live in the Gulf, which is so damn HOT, 45 C when you go out  banghead)
     Reply #33 - August 30, 2010, 05:37 AM

I know lool I'm already addicted. I'm originally Palestinian, but I live in the Gulf, which is so damn HOT, 45 C when you go out  banghead)

how did you bump into this site?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #34 - August 30, 2010, 06:11 AM

I was looking for health tips regarding fasting while studying in college, b/c my mom wants me to fast, and I'm doing poorly in my studies(I have anemia, but mom doesn't think it's that bad even though I fainted this week. She says I'll have rewards b/c I'm suffering during fasting dance I don't want to make her sad) Anyways, I googled the topic, and I opened a thread in here where ppl were talking about how they're eating behind their families' backs in ramadan lol. I was so happy I found ppl like me, who can share my ideas without judging me,so I signed up  Smiley

Reply #35 - August 30, 2010, 06:24 AM

Ahh - that explains why you came here addressed as an angry muslim/ exmuslim.  Did you always just assume it to be true, and never analysed it that deeply?

Looks like Allah rescued you from believing in him by directing you to a site for exmuslims when you were innocently looking for tips during ramadhan. 

Allah seems like such an ass!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #36 - August 30, 2010, 07:41 AM

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy "Allah seems like such an ass!"I loved that.

I was always sooo religious. I prayed. I listened to Islamic tapes(lectures, not Islamic music though b/c it creeped me out  ghost)
     Reply #37 - August 30, 2010, 08:01 AM

I know I sound unconfident, but maybe ex-muslim girls would understand how it feels.  Cry

No, I know lots of Muslim girls in your position & can empathise.  But the religion was spread by a man who had a lot to gain by disempowering the woman, not only personally but also to aid the growth of the religion.  And it was quite a successful strategy.

I still feel scared though, b/c sometimes I say: what if I'm wrong? and that I'm sinful?

Yes, I went through that too - I just thought that I was a bad person because nobody else felt the same way so I must have been evil. 

It'll take at least a year for that to wear off, until you are abosolutely sure you are right that Islam is manmade, only then will you have the confidence to shake the debris off.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #38 - August 30, 2010, 08:17 PM

High fiiive exmuslim hijabi girl in the middle east  far away hug It definitely is is a raw deal, hopefully you'll find it gets much easier with time dance Are you planning on living abroad once you finish university?

Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
     Reply #39 - August 30, 2010, 08:27 PM

and that I should cover my head b/c I'm a girl? I'm still wearing the hijab, b/c I can't take it off. What will ppl think?? that I'm an ignorant foolish westernized etc.. girl? I can't just go to college one day without it on my head, even though it's an American college and there are many non-muslims. ppl will still be shocked and will think of me as weak. It's not easy for me. I love my famliy and friends, and I don't want to escape or something, but I feel lost.

I know I sound unconfident, but maybe ex-muslim girls would understand how it feels.  Cry

Don't worry whyme89. hugs  You don't have to abandon the hijab if you don't feel very confident about it just yet.  You can gradually become less apparently religious; and if you can become more independent and move far, far away, your family/relatives will not see that you have become westernised, so you will be a happy bunny.  bunny

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #40 - August 30, 2010, 08:44 PM

Hope everything will work out for you.  There are a lot of people who will help you here.

signwelcome

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »