Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Catholic charity's appeal over gay adoption fails

(Read 3784 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Catholic charity's appeal over gay adoption fails
     OP - August 19, 2010, 01:00 AM

A Roman Catholic adoption charity's appeal to be allowed to discriminate against gay people wanting it to place children with them has been rejected.

Catholic Care wants exemption from new anti-discrimination laws so it can comply with Church teaching ruling out homosexual couples as adoptive parents.

The Charity Commission said gay people were suitable parents and religious views did not justify discrimination.

The Leeds-based charity said it was "very disappointed" and might appeal.

Catholic Care - which had been placing children with adoptive parents for more than 100 years - was among a dozen Catholic agencies in England and Wales forced to change their policy towards homosexual people by the new equality laws.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11019895

Lol.
  • Re: Catholic charity's appeal over gay adoption fails
     Reply #1 - August 19, 2010, 01:04 AM

life sucks for the bigots

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #2 - August 19, 2010, 01:13 AM

Owned.

Good for the commission. I could possibly handle allowing them to stop gays adopting if they lost any and all tax breaks as a charity from the Government.

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #3 - August 19, 2010, 01:19 AM

Suck it up, Catholic church! ^_^

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #4 - August 19, 2010, 01:20 AM

Too bad they never get pwned like that over here in Italy :\

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #5 - August 19, 2010, 01:30 AM

I think the Catholic's are the LAST people IN THE WORLD that should decide the fate of children.
     Reply #6 - August 19, 2010, 01:38 AM

Lawlz.
     Reply #7 - August 19, 2010, 01:53 AM

I think the Catholic's are the LAST people IN THE WORLD that should decide the fate of children.

Would you mind explaining why?  I see the unchecked practise of dancing boys in Afghanistan and the openly approved practise of child brides across many parts of the muslim world, so I don't frankly see how "the muslims" are any better than "the catholics".  The only difference I see is that the Catholic Church is now being brought to book for past abuses by secular governments, whereas Qur'an wielding paedophiles are still endemic in the many muslim countries which allow them to get away with it.

As to the court decision - good.  A welcome two finger salute to religious special pleading. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #8 - August 19, 2010, 02:15 AM

The catholic church has failed time and time again to deal with members of the clergy abusing children, they're guilty of of systemically covering up abuses and protecting known molestors. In fact, right now they're sheltering Cardinal Bernard Law who is wanted by American authorities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Francis_Law

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWErBV0MfEg

As for your point about child abuse being prevalent in other cultures, well I guess more attention is paid to this sort of thing because it happens largely in the west.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #9 - August 19, 2010, 02:26 AM

The Catholic hierarchy are certainly guilty of systemic failures in protecting children under their care.  That's not news to anybody, but it worries me when that gets translated into "the catholics".   Which is the reason for my point about child abuse under other religions, (note - other religions, not cultures),  why are the Catholics the last people you would trust with children?  What is so sinister about Catholics in particular?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #10 - August 19, 2010, 02:42 AM

The catholic church doesn't prevent these events from happening, it downright expects it and is blatantly willing to cover up anyone who gets caught.
    (simply one of a trillion comments I could make in regards to the catholic church)

This is ofcourse speaking from someone with a primarily Catholic family who were first hand witnesses to the excessive numbers of children who were molested (often large percentages of entire classes and choirs), one of which was a relation of mine who died much later because of hiv from the priest.

Nothing on Earth condones or molests children per capita than the Catholic church system does, Far more than general islam and far less excuses for it.

Perhaps they should all die in a fire oneday (and not by smoke inhalation)
     Reply #11 - August 19, 2010, 02:53 AM

I am also from a Catholic family which has first hand experience of clerical abuse.  But your posts strike me as both histrionic and grossly over generalised.  For example, how did you jump from the failures of the Catholic hierarchy to "the Catholics are the LAST people I would trust with children"?   Which catholics now, are you including your own family in that?

Reply #12 - August 19, 2010, 03:05 AM

I was obviously talking about the church (being the center of the focused problem and maintaining its hypocritical problems with sexuality and relationships), so it leads me to believe that you just started this off as an excuse to talk to someone because you're bored.
    Perhaps you should focus on something else besides nitpicking obvious comments to death.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »