Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Today at 12:54 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:49 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello from Cairo

(Read 8070 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello from Cairo
     OP - August 14, 2010, 11:22 PM

Hi Everyone

I'm very happy to have stumbled across this forum. How sad that such a thing is necessary to voice our thoughts. I'm 25 year old violinist living in Cairo. My name, "Al-Razi" refers to Muhammad ibn Zakariyā Rāzī, a 9th century Persian Physicist and one of the earliest free thinking philosophers in the early Islamic era.

I love my country and my city with its beautiful age old mosques, churches and the occasional synagogue. I'm am deeply saddened over the Wahabbist-Salafist invasion of our culture, a culture so old that by the time Ancient Egyptians were brewing beer, the Arabs were still fish.

I hate the niqab and I hate the higab (with a g, not a j please) and I hate the zebeeba. I long for the time when looking as religious as possible was an exception and not the norm in Egypt. But that was decades before my time.

peace

PS: From the beginning of the human history, all of those who claimed to be prophets had severe psychological problems.
  • Re: Hello from Cairo
     Reply #1 - August 14, 2010, 11:28 PM

Welcome to the forum, Al-Razi. hugs

I'm glad you found us.  Just out of curiosity, how did you find this forum? Was it a Google search?

Enjoy. Roll Eyes

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #2 - August 14, 2010, 11:31 PM

yay. welcome al razi. i luurve the skeptical empiricists. the brightest lights in human intellectual history.
     Reply #3 - August 14, 2010, 11:43 PM

Welcome to the forum!!  Big hug

I hate the niqab and I hate the higab

So true. Its ridiculous that people actually look down on women for not sporting a catsuit + higab combo.

Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.
     Reply #4 - August 14, 2010, 11:53 PM

Just out of curiosity, how did you find this forum? Was it a Google search?

Interestingly enough, I was just reading a biography of Taha Hussein on books.google.com and going from one website to another I came across this. I'm not much of an internet user so i'm new to this kind of thing.
     Reply #5 - August 14, 2010, 11:56 PM

The prophet was supposed to be epileptic, I don't think he was hearing voices in his head, I just think he was highly manipulative and took advantage of all the credulous people around him.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #6 - August 14, 2010, 11:58 PM

Welcome to the forum, Al-Razi.  Smiley

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #7 - August 15, 2010, 12:00 AM

The prophet was supposed to be epileptic, I don't think he was hearing voices in his head, I just think he was highly manipulative and took advantage of all the credulous people around him.

another possibility and common pattern among religious men is one of 'power corrupts'. they start out as devoted, pious folks with some moral ideas and end their careers as absolute filthy bastards.

recent case in point. rajneesh / osho. near the end, osho tried to establish a parallel government in an oregon county after having done every immoral act under the sun. i see parallels with muhammad.
     Reply #8 - August 15, 2010, 12:06 AM

Hello and welcome! Smiley

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #9 - August 15, 2010, 12:07 AM

By the way, we already have a user called "Al Razi". Your nick could create some confusion. He doesn't frequent this forum anymore though. Hmm...

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #10 - August 15, 2010, 12:10 AM

Also in those days food preservation was very difficult and fungi grew on much of the grain being stored. He really could have just been very high on mushrooms.
     Reply #11 - August 15, 2010, 12:12 AM

Welcome - so tell us how you discovered this forum in the first place..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #12 - August 15, 2010, 12:14 AM

I'm very happy to have stumbled across this forum.

And it's nice to see you here  Afro

My name, "Al-Razi" refers to Muhammad ibn Zakariyā Rāzī, a 9th century Persian Physicist and one of the earliest free thinking philosophers in the early Islamic era.

Interesting, checked him out on wikipedia. He discovered alcohol ... not that I'm a big drinker or anything ...

I'm am deeply saddened over the Wahabbist-Salafist invasion of our culture, a culture so old that by the time Ancient Egyptians were brewing beer, the Arabs were still fish.

hahaha I like that figure of speech on fishes there!  

Hope to see more of you here Al-Razi!  cool2
     Reply #13 - August 15, 2010, 12:20 AM

So when did everyone loose their faith in Islam/religion? For me it was at age 17 when I actually read the entire Koran, then the Bible, then the Book of Isaiah. Then I was like "hmm, they're all the same".

I figured out how man-made religion really was. And the money...oh the money...religious institutions sure are rich.
     Reply #14 - August 15, 2010, 12:29 AM

signwelcome Al-Razi!

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #15 - August 15, 2010, 12:32 AM

Welcome !!!

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #16 - August 15, 2010, 01:22 AM

Hello and welcome al-razi
    I long for the day egypt becomes egyptian Wink if you know what i mean...
    I can't imagine how people can still read the non-sense of the quran when they got the beautiful pyramids to remind them of their glorious cultural heritage...

Muhammad lied... he invented Islam for power, money and sex...xxx
     Reply #17 - August 15, 2010, 01:33 AM

@mohsin : oh, i long for that day too. the arab export has crapped over every other culture and region. vedic hinduism originated in pakistan Smiley
     Reply #18 - August 15, 2010, 08:30 AM

Yay Egyptians

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #19 - August 15, 2010, 08:36 AM

More ex muslims! Always puts a smile on my face, particularly those from the middle eastern countries.

dance

Hi, hope you enjoy it here, but I also hope you don't become a cemb addict like a lot of us  Cheesy

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #20 - August 15, 2010, 09:37 AM

I lost my faith at 12/13, I am an ex christian.

Science videos on Youtube is what destroyed my faith in Christianity.

"In a child's power to master the multiplication table, there is more sanctity than in all your shouted "amens" and "holy holies" and "hosannas." An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral. And the advance of man's knowledge is a greater miracle than all the sticks" - Henry Drummond
     Reply #21 - August 15, 2010, 10:17 AM

Hola.  Welcome Smiley

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #22 - August 15, 2010, 10:32 AM

Welcome Al-Razi  Afro
    yay Egyptians.

Bazinga!
     Reply #23 - August 15, 2010, 11:00 AM

Hi,

I hope that you will accept some greetings from Muslims as well. One of the reason I'll answer is because I use to live in Cairo, in Medinat Nasr. It is true that salafism is always more present there. It is now the new look to have a bushy beard, short pants and for the womens to wear a niqab. They do also have most of the religious bookstores there. Where I used to live I also saw a lot of foreigners coming from France, Chechnya and some other places. Sadly and I saw it myself in the school where I used to learn Arabic that when they come, most came with a sufi background and turn to salafis a few months after but not all. The university of al-Azhar is a bit salafi oriented but not that much, in fact the Salafis don't steady there generally. I am also sad to see that what's important is the way you look and that is is the criteria for the people who are judging who. It is actually more religiosity than really religion.
     Reply #24 - August 15, 2010, 11:58 AM

Hi Everyone

I'm very happy to have stumbled across this forum. How sad that such a thing is necessary to voice our thoughts. I'm 25 year old violinist living in Cairo. My name, "Al-Razi" refers to Muhammad ibn Zakariyā Rāzī, a 9th century Persian Physicist and one of the earliest free thinking philosophers in the early Islamic era.

I love my country and my city with its beautiful age old mosques, churches and the occasional synagogue. I'm am deeply saddened over the Wahabbist-Salafist invasion of our culture, a culture so old that by the time Ancient Egyptians were brewing beer, the Arabs were still fish.

I hate the niqab and I hate the higab (with a g, not a j please) and I hate the zebeeba. I long for the time when looking as religious as possible was an exception and not the norm in Egypt. But that was decades before my time.

peace

PS: From the beginning of the human history, all of those who claimed to be prophets had severe psychological problems.

welcome to the forum dude.. egyptian living in cairo here too
     Reply #25 - August 15, 2010, 01:44 PM

Well   credulous people are good people and any one who is good under all circumstances is a fool.    So Allah says in the book.,   smart guys can take good person's  life, wife,  wealth  and everything he has including 9 year old child.  Those who don't believe me "Read the Book of Allah"

And welcome CEMB dear Al-Razi.,  let us Talk like an Egyptian.. walk like an Egyptian and act like Egyptian.  Forget the baboons of Bedouin desert..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #26 - August 15, 2010, 02:02 PM

Seems fitting Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWP-AsG5DRk
     Reply #27 - August 15, 2010, 03:07 PM

It is actually more religiosity than really religion.

Cairo has become the stage for "Muslim Idol". Its a contest to see who can look and appear more religious. Taxis and their saudi flags painted on the rear, those sunnah beards, prayer zebeebas, shouting out loud and proud "Ana Raye7 asalli we raga3" (Ahem, I'm going go to pray now! be right back"

And posters saying "Islam is the solution" to Egypt's problems. Well I'd rather have another 20 years of the National Demo-crap-it Party of Egypt than the Muslim Brotherhood.

We can learn so much more from Egypt's deep pharaonic pre islamic and pre-christian past (roman-byzantine times were probably the worst) than from a book badly written by highly misguided caliphs in the middle of nowhere during the darkest of the dark ages. We have pyramids, temples, mummies, tombs, and they dare call the Koran, a book full of inconsistent "moral" lessons, asymmetrical poetic meters, narratives that are plain nonsense and in a dictatorship language CLEARLY addressed to men, a miracle?

A monkey can do better work. A monkey.

Just what do they mean when they say "3asr el Gahili"? What do they think they're talking about? Are they retarded? Yes, the Arabian gulf has always been and will always be in an infinite "age of ignorance" both before and after Islam. News for you: you're still worshipping a big black cube just like before Higra, day 1, year 1. Don't give me that garbage about it being the house of god on earth built by adam and then abraham and then *yawwwn*. If you're bending you're knees and got you're head on the ground in front of it, you're frikkin praying to it just like it was an idol my friend. There ain't no difference between the use of the Kaaba before and after Higra, it just went from one corporate name to another.

And pride in the prophet...are we supposed to be proud of an illiterate freak being our transcendent spiritual leader? I doubt he was illiterate. He was one master-minded criminal. Bravo Mr. Mohammed, today's terrorists, sex criminals and thieves all combined couldn't hold a candle to you sir.

And I don't have much better to say for the bible or talmud by the way. I know enough that all "holy" books are full of it.

geeze, i'm one angry man.
     Reply #28 - August 15, 2010, 03:18 PM

No, no, feel free to vent, it's very interesting! Smiley
     Reply #29 - August 15, 2010, 03:19 PM

hehe, egypt is turning into baboonistan Cheesy
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »