Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Why young men are attracted to Islam

(Read 27204 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Why young men are attracted to Islam
     OP - August 04, 2010, 05:20 AM

Well I as a non-Muslim was always attracted to Islam because of it's ideology of "holy war". Anyone who has ever watched a Chechen war compilation or one of those liveleak videos knows the thrill you get out of it. There's nothing like watching an RPG being shot and then a long bearded warrior yelling "ALLAHU AKBAR!" proudly like a fierce lion. The concept of dieing for something, touches a young mans heart so deeply. Hitler was a master of propaganda, that's why he used so much symbolism and ideologies of dieing for "race" (instead of Allah like the Muslims), because the simple truth is, there is no better thing in life than fighting alongside your brothers to defend your motherland or just for a damn purpose, now imagine throwing in RELIGION and a concept of God that will take you to heaven with it, can you imagine how fucking EUPHORIC it must be, can you imagine what it must feel like to be a Muslim crusader? Goddamn... the fucking thrill must be insane.

Now I of course have no want to be a Muslim or ever become a Muslim, but I'd like to point out how amazing it would be, if someone exploited that young testosterone fueled want to destroy into something positive, into something that truly benefits humanity. Something nice to think about...
  • Re: Why young men are attracted to Islam
     Reply #1 - August 04, 2010, 05:28 AM

I hate to admit it, but the concept of Jihad and a holy brotherhood in arms is one of the key reasons I became religious when I was younger. Young men do love violence and fighting for something.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #2 - August 04, 2010, 06:26 AM

I was a sucker for Hezbollah, even for a while after I apostatized.
     Reply #3 - August 04, 2010, 06:54 AM

I hate to admit it, but the concept of Jihad and a holy brotherhood in arms is one of the key reasons I became religious when I was younger. Young men do love violence and fighting for something.

I know this term has no scientific backing whatsoever, but you could say it's our human nature.
     Reply #4 - August 04, 2010, 06:55 AM

I was a sucker for Hezbollah, even for a while after I apostatized.

It's funny how westerners support Hezbollah and Hamas thinking they're freedom fighters when they're really just radical Islamic terrorists. *sigh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUWNOPY1qD4
     Reply #5 - August 04, 2010, 07:00 AM

I'm not a Westerner.
     Reply #6 - August 04, 2010, 07:06 AM

Wasn't speaking directly to you Abood, I was referring to the certain amount of people in the "pro-Palestine" community.
     Reply #7 - August 04, 2010, 07:30 AM

I must admit, I even supported Hezbollah for a little awhile

"In a child's power to master the multiplication table, there is more sanctity than in all your shouted "amens" and "holy holies" and "hosannas." An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral. And the advance of man's knowledge is a greater miracle than all the sticks" - Henry Drummond
     Reply #8 - August 04, 2010, 08:13 AM

Well I as a non-Muslim was always attracted to Islam because of it's ideology of "holy war". Anyone who has ever watched a Chechen war compilation or one of those liveleak videos knows the thrill you get out of it. There's nothing like watching an RPG being shot and then a long bearded warrior yelling "ALLAHU AKBAR!" proudly like a fierce lion. The concept of dieing for something, touches a young mans heart so deeply. Hitler was a master of propaganda, that's why he used so much symbolism and ideologies of dieing for "race" (instead of Allah like the Muslims), because the simple truth is, there is no better thing in life than fighting alongside your brothers to defend your motherland or just for a damn purpose, now imagine throwing in RELIGION and a concept of God that will take you to heaven with it, can you imagine how fucking EUPHORIC it must be, can you imagine what it must feel like to be a Muslim crusader? Goddamn... the fucking thrill must be insane.

Now I of course have no want to be a Muslim or ever become a Muslim, but I'd like to point out how amazing it would be, if someone exploited that young testosterone fueled want to destroy into something positive, into something that truly benefits humanity. Something nice to think about...

+1  I had those same feelings too.  The militancy, the sense of a higher purpose, the chance to fight and the dislike of the modern world and its perceived  artificiality and bankruptcy,  all that struck a chord with me.  I didn't go for Islam for many reasons, I wasted my teenage years fantasizing about other more secular causes and (but quite similar) ideologies (and still regret it to this day), but yeah I know what you mean.  Had I been born in a Muslim society and grew up with my views I would have probably tried to join some jihadi group simply for those reasons.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #9 - August 04, 2010, 08:25 AM

lol, fucking Klingons

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #10 - August 04, 2010, 09:35 AM

There's nothing like watching an RPG being shot and then a long bearded warrior yelling "ALLAHU AKBAR!" proudly like a fierce lion. The concept of dieing for something, touches a young mans heart so deeply.

You know, after a while that changes.. when I turned 18 I would watch the same videos and think to myself that they were rather emotional and quite unimpressive with all that shouting and those antics although somewhat amusing to see.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

Reply #11 - August 04, 2010, 09:45 AM

You know, after a while that changes.. when I turned 18 I would watch the same videos and think to myself that they were rather emotional and quite unimpressive with all that shouting and those antics although somewhat amusing to see.

Exactly, all young guys like to watch gore/death/violence as well, but after a certain age, if they try to watch that garbage they'll just feel sick.
     Reply #12 - August 04, 2010, 09:49 AM

Exactly, all young guys like to watch gore/death/violence as well, but after a certain age, if they try to watch that garbage they'll just feel sick.

In this thread: hasty generalizations of genders ;P

Reply #13 - August 04, 2010, 10:01 AM

Oh so you're saying that you never had the constant want to dominate, destroy, and conquer at some point in your youth?
     Reply #14 - August 04, 2010, 10:02 AM

No it's not really a matter of feeling sick of the violence and gore.  I've actually become indifferent to those things.  I used to see live autopsies being conducted right under my nose and it would not affect me.  It is more a case of the magic going away.  People who used to seem like lions, start looking like emotional fags, utterly pathetic and insecure.

Reply #15 - August 04, 2010, 10:03 AM

Oh so you're saying that you never had the constant want to dominate, destroy, and conquer at some point in your youth?

For example.

Reply #16 - August 04, 2010, 10:24 AM

No it's not really a matter of feeling sick of the violence and gore.  I've actually become indifferent to those things.  I used to see live autopsies being conducted right under my nose and it would not affect me.  It is more a case of the magic going away.  People who used to seem like lions, start looking like emotional fags, utterly pathetic and insecure.

I get what you're saying mate. Also I don't get sick to violence or gore either in all honesty, I was just making an example.

Wink
     Reply #17 - August 05, 2010, 04:01 AM

People who used to seem like lions, start looking like emotional fags, utterly pathetic and insecure.

Pretty much. As you grow older and learn more about the complexity of life and how the world works you realize what immature and idiotic individuals these old 'heros' of yours were. I remember there was a while in my teens we used to sit in the library and watch videos of Chechen guerillas and we though of Shamil Basayev as some sort of superman. Then I grew up and found out he was actually an a pretty rotten bastard. No love for the Russians though.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #18 - August 06, 2010, 12:37 AM

Pretty much. ..

you realize what immature and idiotic individuals these old 'heros' of yours ..

Shamil Basayev...........

It is other way around Iblis.,  people who follow such fellows as Shamil Basayev  are  immature and idiotic individuals ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlJsh32Knn0&feature=fvst

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #19 - August 08, 2010, 09:42 PM

Exactly. I'm a young woman and for a while I was driven by the fuel as well. I know countless other females who are too.

Is your grammar defective? Just askin'.

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you." - Rumi

Reply #20 - August 08, 2010, 11:09 PM

Exactly. I'm a young woman and for a while I was driven by the fuel as well. I know countless other females who are too.

Don't you think it's purely cultural and not genetic? Not all the males and the females in this world have this urge to dominate,conquer,maim,kill or whatever for a 'cause'?
    Those that do, need psychiatric counseling?

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #21 - August 09, 2010, 12:56 AM

Well, I am on medication now and feel tons better. So, yes, I think so too.

Is your grammar defective? Just askin'.

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you." - Rumi

Reply #22 - August 09, 2010, 02:06 AM

I think in some cases women could be considered worse than men, can be very protective of our men, families and communities.
     Reply #23 - August 09, 2010, 02:18 AM

i've never had pangs to go violent for a cause really. I am just too selfish for any of that BS. the thread is an eye opener though. my peer group has always been non ideological and non political.
     Reply #24 - August 09, 2010, 07:40 AM

I see how this is possibly (and unfortunately) the case. Thats why I think sports help kids a lot, gets out the competitive, physical drives out of the way in a fairly harmless manner.
     Reply #25 - August 26, 2010, 02:20 PM

I think in some cases women could be considered worse than men, can be very protective of our men, families and communities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot_the_Women_First

The title comes from an order supposedly given to anti-terrorist forces-- the idea being that female terrorists are the least likely to surrender, the most likely to shoot any comrades attempting to surrender, and the most likely to go suicidal.

fuck you
     Reply #26 - September 03, 2010, 10:50 AM

Not quite the reasons originally given in that book. The reasoning was that since women are less inclined to violence (statistically) any woman who does decide to become a terrorist is a woman who has considered her position and is thoroughly dedicated. In a gunfight, such people will shoot you if you don't shoot them first. And yes, I do remember that book.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #27 - October 20, 2011, 12:05 AM

I was too sissy , I never liked fighting.
     Reply #28 - October 20, 2011, 12:25 AM

Not quite the reasons originally given in that book. The reasoning was that since women are less inclined to violence (statistically) any woman who does decide to become a terrorist is a woman who has considered her position and is thoroughly dedicated. In a gunfight, such people will shoot you if you don't shoot them first. And yes, I do remember that book.

Missed this until our new Muslim friend necroed the thread. I wasn't arguing about the reasons, just the results. Honestly I've found the same in union organizing work.

fuck you
     Reply #29 - October 20, 2011, 12:33 AM

As a teenager I took Ti Kwon Du lessons. Some of us would play car assault. Hummm... just for fun. Our games of team hide and seek were kind of wild some times. It was just playing for fun. Teenagers have more energy then they have sense in most cases. Some people I tell this to think this kind of play was because I was not raised in the US. I however think it was a lot less violent play then paintball guns. I think I'll read the book "Shoot the Women First". From what Osmanthus says it sounds ineresting. 

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »