Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Iranian joining in!

(Read 35159 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 10 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Iranian joining in!
     Reply #30 - August 03, 2010, 05:55 AM

Most nationalists in Pakistan are also Islamists, also whenever nationalists try to unite pakistan they alienate most ethnic groups that aren't their own and fail. Pakistan would be better off divided into 3 or 4 different countries.

"In a child's power to master the multiplication table, there is more sanctity than in all your shouted "amens" and "holy holies" and "hosannas." An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral. And the advance of man's knowledge is a greater miracle than all the sticks" - Henry Drummond
     Reply #31 - August 03, 2010, 05:56 AM

Well start doing your part for your country then and quit judging Iranians off past-experiences Smiley
     Reply #32 - August 03, 2010, 05:57 AM

What do you guys think of the Kalash (they're claimed by Pan-Iranists)? Or Balochistan?
     Reply #33 - August 03, 2010, 05:58 AM

Most nationalists in Pakistan are also Islamists, also whenever nationalists try to unite pakistan they alienate most ethnic groups that aren't their own and fail. Pakistan would be better off divided into 3 or 4 different countries.

or the religious-military-feudal power nexus is weakened enough so that sane, rational, and progressive democrats are made to govern Pakistan and make it a fair country for all its citizens where greater automony is given to provinces to be themselves in a federation.

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #34 - August 03, 2010, 06:01 AM

Well start doing your part for your country then and quit judging Iranians off past-experiences Smiley

Cute. I am judging Pan-Iranianism as a movement among Iranian diaspora. Not Iranians, my dear googooli magooli.  Wink

What do you guys think of the Kalash (they're claimed by Pan-Iranists)? Or Balochistan?

The Kalash are a unique people. They themselves claim they are descendants of Greek soldiers and nobles who remained back during the times of Alexander's invasion of South Asia.

To understand Balochistan you also need to understand Baloch nationalism that has often opposed both Pakistani and Iranian rule over themselves over the last century or so. A fair amount of them want complete independence as Azad Balochistan that unites Pakistani and Iranian and even Afghan Baloch territories. Others want greater autonomy in their provincial affairs and better government funding for their impoverished people.

Pakistan and Iran have both treated Baloch very badly because the Baloch have been a stubborn and proud race of people who dont like being told what to do by non-Balochis.

Reply #35 - August 03, 2010, 06:03 AM

Well I've never met a Baloch, but from what I understand they're distinctally culturally and racially different from their neighboring countries.

If Baloch wants to stay as part of Iran, then let them, why not.  I support them.
     Reply #36 - August 03, 2010, 06:04 AM

Well I've never met a Baloch, but from what I understand they're distinctally culturally and racially different from their neighboring countries.

If Baloch wants to stay as part of Iran, then let them, why not.  I support them.

and what about the Baloch who want independence?

Reply #37 - August 03, 2010, 06:05 AM

Source to Kalash claiming this please.
     Reply #38 - August 03, 2010, 06:06 AM

and what about the Baloch who want independence?

Majority would win of course, who knows what the situation of Iran will be in 10 years.
     Reply #39 - August 03, 2010, 06:11 AM

Source to Kalash claiming this please.

Oh you will find plenty of these claims.
    http://www.anusha.com/kalashav.htm
    http://bahrein.blogspot.com/2005/02/kalash.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalash

But apparently they are not Greek descendants as far as DNA testing of their Y chromosomes go. They are simply a Dardic race of people that isolated themselves from the rest of the world for many centuries because they live in a part of Pakistan that has been difficult to access for most people by land except on a few occasions like during Alexander's invasion and other sporadic instances.

That is why most are not even Muslim.

Reply #40 - August 03, 2010, 06:12 AM

Majority would win of course, who knows what the situation of Iran will be in 10 years.

I like your optimism. But the problem is geopolitics is rarely based on optimism. :(

Reply #41 - August 03, 2010, 06:13 AM

I've met many Kurds IRL and on the net and the only ones who have not supported Pan-Iranist ideology are maybe 3 out of a 100. The majority of my subs/friends on YT are Kurds and I back and forth with them all the time.

I have met two Iranian Kurds and they are are just as pro-Kurdistan as Turkish and Iraqi Kurds. They have a different language and culture.

Won't pan Iranism have to collide with pan Turkism for greater Iran?

Not to mention Assyrian Nationalism, SSNP's greater Syria, and KurdistanCheesy
     Reply #42 - August 03, 2010, 06:15 AM

Thanks!
     Reply #43 - August 03, 2010, 06:16 AM

I have met two Iranian Kurds and they are are just as pro-Kurdistan as Turkish and Iraqi Kurds. They have a different language and culture.

Not to mention Assyrian Nationalism, SSNP's greater Syria, and KurdistanCheesy

Their culture is very similar and they speak an Indo-Iranian language. Kurds can speak Kurdish to a Farsi speaker and they would understand it.
     Reply #44 - August 03, 2010, 06:22 AM

Still I have never came across a Kurd who advocates pan-Iranism.

Reply #45 - August 03, 2010, 06:23 AM

Keep looking!
     Reply #46 - August 03, 2010, 06:50 AM

Cheesy

Anyone who tries to take my country away will be shot personally by me. Smiley

Anyway, welcome.
     Reply #47 - August 03, 2010, 08:06 AM

Where you live Abood
     Reply #48 - August 03, 2010, 10:10 AM

Kuwait.
     Reply #49 - August 03, 2010, 10:22 AM

I think we should reestablish the Roman Empire.

*does the Roman salute*

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #50 - August 03, 2010, 10:31 AM

Kuwait.

Were you born there? Its been 20 yrs since the iraqi invasion.
     Reply #51 - August 03, 2010, 10:34 AM

Yes.

And I know. Yesterday was the 20-year commemoration of the start of the invasion. How's that relevant?
     Reply #52 - August 03, 2010, 10:59 AM

Just asking innit no need to get all angry.
     Reply #53 - August 03, 2010, 11:04 AM

Another thing about Kurds that I would like to point out, for those of you who know Iranians, you know that there is a certain "Iranian phenotype", basically if I were to see someone with this phenotype, I would instantly say "oh he must be Iranian" (shape of the face, position of the eyes, nose, etc...)

Phenotypes mean fuck all in the end.

. Kurds pretty much have this exact phenotype, I believe mtDNA tests show they're extremely close to Persians in Iran.

What does the YDNA show?  

Also good luck with trying to get Armenia in the same union with Azerbaijan and Georgia to a certain extent.  You're going to need it  Cheesy  Can't see many of the people you mentioned being very happy with your plans

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #54 - August 03, 2010, 11:18 AM

Phenotypes mean fuck all

What does the YDNA show?  

Also good luck with trying to get Armenia in the same union with Azerbaijan and Georgia to a certain extent.  You're going to need it  Cheesy  Can't see many of the people you mentioned being very happy with your plans

Pan-Iranists will say stuff like "Oh that is because these areas (including Afghanistan) left their real mother land Iran because of traitors within them, and as a result started fighting with each other and did not culturally progress like us Iranians have etc etc"

Though to be fair western Afghanistan (Khoarasan), Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Balochistan, and Armenia were essentially taken away by the Russians and the British after a century or so of Iranian control when the incompetent and hilariously mediocre Qajar dynasty was in charge. Before that these areas of the Caspian Sea region were a buffer between the Ottomans and Safavids, while the Pashtuns and Balochis always resented being under Iranian control (incl. out of religious reasons because most Baloch and Pashtun are Sunnis, while most of Iran is Shia).

If anything these Caspian Sea and Central Asian countries are a prize for both Pan-Turkists and Pan-Iranists, and almost neither of these factions make up a sizeable movement there.   Cheesy

But that being said, past precedents and incompetence does not justify these areas needing to be given back to Iranian hands. All of these areas are now part of independent sovereign states which dont necessarily have a kind word to say to the Pan-Iranists (esp. the Pahlavi and Islamic Republic generations).

Reply #55 - August 03, 2010, 11:20 AM

Just asking innit no need to get all angry.

Lol. I'm not angry. grin12
     Reply #56 - August 03, 2010, 11:49 AM

Shall I post the link to the scientific studies that show that the people most closely related to Jews are Kurds or do you not want me to disillusion  our new fascist friend?

grin12 parrot bunny
     Reply #57 - August 03, 2010, 11:54 AM

So does that mean the Persian Jews (esp. the self-hating immigrants in Los Angeles) are most likely Kurds?  Cheesy

Reply #58 - August 03, 2010, 12:01 PM

people most closely related to Jews are Kurds or do you not want me to disillusion  our new fascist friend?

That in effect would make the Kurds Semites.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #59 - August 03, 2010, 12:03 PM

"Semites" is not a biological classification. It is a classification based on language. If you look at the genetic history, Jews are more closely related to Kurds and Turkish people than to Arabs.
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 10 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »