Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Iranian joining in!

(Read 35222 times)
  • 12 3 ... 10 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Iranian joining in!
     OP - August 03, 2010, 04:33 AM

I'm here to join in your conversations, I hope to contribute to deep and meaningful conversations in the future.

Now I'm not a Muslim however, and my parent's and grandparents weren't either so I'm not really an ex-Muslim.

I understand the want to join Islam.. I totally do. Young men love killing for a cause, or doing something worth while, dieing for something. But I always tell them, why for Allah? Why for Islam? There are better things you could rebel against, there are better causes to die for! Leave religion aside.

Anyways, hope to engage in nice conversations in the future  parrot
  • Re: Iranian joining in!
     Reply #1 - August 03, 2010, 04:45 AM

Welcome to the forum PersoAryanism

Where your grandparents religious in any way?

Do you have and Islamic roots?

"In a child's power to master the multiplication table, there is more sanctity than in all your shouted "amens" and "holy holies" and "hosannas." An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral. And the advance of man's knowledge is a greater miracle than all the sticks" - Henry Drummond
     Reply #2 - August 03, 2010, 04:46 AM

Welcome Smiley  parrot

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #3 - August 03, 2010, 04:50 AM

Welcome aboard!

One question. If you are Iranian, why do you have the flag of Azerbaijan as your Display pic? Just curious Smiley

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #4 - August 03, 2010, 04:52 AM

Welcome to the forum PersoAryanism

Where your grandparents religious in any way?

Do you have and Islamic roots?

Yes, one person of my family is a descendant of Muhammad (as in at some point 1400 years ago, someone raped one of his ancestors), but no one would ever guess because I don't look Arab at all. So I have a little blood of Muhammad, most likely a rape/forced marriage by a high ranking Arab general who was related to Muhammad 1400 years ago.

I'm actually proud a woman who was my ancestor that long ago was so attractive a high ranking Arab wanted to rape her. I just hope she wasn't a slut who wanted him, but if she was, I appreciate it, because I believe his DNA further enriched me, seeing as Muhammad was so intelligent.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayyid
     Reply #5 - August 03, 2010, 04:53 AM

Welcome aboard!

One question. If you are Iranian, why do you have the flag of Azerbaijan as your Display pic? Just curious Smiley

Thanks for the question, Azarbaijan is part of Iranzamin.
     Reply #6 - August 03, 2010, 04:58 AM

Ah yes the 'Greater Iran' ideological nostalgia.  whistling2

Welcome to the forum.

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #7 - August 03, 2010, 05:00 AM

Welcome.

Your username is intriguing. Are you by any chance a Sumka/Aryan league supporter?  are you a pan-Iranist?
     Reply #8 - August 03, 2010, 05:03 AM

I support Pan-Iranism 100%, it's a very popular and growing ideology in Iran.

Obviously I don't live in Iran, although I wish I did so I could get more involved.

Reply #9 - August 03, 2010, 05:13 AM

Ah ! You're our second Iranian fascist.

The first one was banned:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1142
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=9148.0
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=9099.0

Reply #10 - August 03, 2010, 05:17 AM

You're confusing Pan-Iranism and SUMKA.
     Reply #11 - August 03, 2010, 05:18 AM

I support Pan-Iranism 100%, it's a very popular and growing ideology in Iran.

It may be a growing movement in Iran, but I have witnessed that is even more popular among Iranian diaspora - specifically the non-Muslim Iranians - around the world. From exiled monarchists, to fascists, to nationalists, all talk about 'uniting' Iran the way it was supposed to be: A giant empire from the days of Koroush-e-Bozorg et al.

Yeah that's pretty much fascism to me. Nostalgia can only make people go so far.

And funny enough its often always the well-off Persian/Farsi speakers who come from big cities like Tehran etc that talk about this. I have yet to see the Kurds, Balochis, and other 'Iranian' ethnicities take this nostalgic expansionism seriously.

Reply #12 - August 03, 2010, 05:24 AM

The concept of a Pan-Iran is hard to grasp for non-Iranians.

Most Iranians in Iran are multi-ethnic, and alot have family in different parts of Iranzamin, most Iranians love Iranzamin and most of Iranzamin loves Iran. From Azarbaijan to Tajikistan Pan-Iranism exists, it's very possible Talyshistan would be able to join with Iran when the Islamic Republic is terminated... if that happens some day which I hope.

The bond between people of Iranzamin is not only linguistic, but racial, and most importantly cultural.
     Reply #13 - August 03, 2010, 05:26 AM

You're confusing Pan-Iranism and SUMKA.

Sorry. So pan-Iranists are not fascist?

What about those guys?

{source: http://iranianminorityshumanright.blogspot.com/2009/01/minorities-political-parties-suppressed.html}
     Reply #14 - August 03, 2010, 05:28 AM

Pan-Iranist support the unification of all Iranian minorities... they promote equality between Iranians lol.

Don't confuse SUMKA and Pan-Iranist as I said, they're completely different. Pan-Iranist even speaks out against SUMKA.
     Reply #15 - August 03, 2010, 05:30 AM

Is this the border most pan iranists want?

"In a child's power to master the multiplication table, there is more sanctity than in all your shouted "amens" and "holy holies" and "hosannas." An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral. And the advance of man's knowledge is a greater miracle than all the sticks" - Henry Drummond
     Reply #16 - August 03, 2010, 05:31 AM

And funny enough its often always the well-off Persian/Farsi speakers who come from big cities like Tehran etc that talk about this. I have yet to see the Kurds, Balochis, and other 'Iranian' ethnicities take this nostalgic expansionism seriously.

I've met many Kurds IRL and on the net and the only ones who have not supported Pan-Iranist ideology are maybe 3 out of a 100. The majority of my subs/friends on YT are Kurds and I back and forth with them all the time.

I don't know anything about Baloch sorry
     Reply #17 - August 03, 2010, 05:33 AM

Is this the border most pan iranists want?
    (Clicky for piccy!)

Pan-Iranists want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTyjf69iy9A
     Reply #18 - August 03, 2010, 05:35 AM

Another thing about Kurds that I would like to point out, for those of you who know Iranians, you know that there is a certain "Iranian phenotype", basically if I were to see someone with this phenotype, I would instantly say "oh he must be Iranian" (shape of the face, position of the eyes, nose, etc...). Kurds pretty much have this exact phenotype, I believe mtDNA tests show they're extremely close to Persians in Iran.
     Reply #19 - August 03, 2010, 05:36 AM

I understand the want to join Islam.. I totally do. Young men love killing for a cause, or doing something worth while, dieing for something. But I always tell them, why for Allah? Why for Islam? There are better things you could rebel against, there are better causes to die for! Leave religion aside.

Hay, I like you already...dont break my heart with ethno-racism stuff though...k  Wink

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #20 - August 03, 2010, 05:37 AM

The concept of a Pan-Iran is hard to grasp for non-Iranians.

Most Iranians in Iran are multi-ethnic, and alot have family in different parts of Iranzamin, most Iranians love Iranzamin and most of Iranzamin loves Iran. From Azarbaijan to Tajikistan Pan-Iranism exists, it's very possible Talyshistan would be able to join with Iran when the Islamic Republic is terminated... if that happens some day which I hope.

The bond between people of Iranzamin is not only linguistic, but racial, and most importantly cultural.

Oh trust me, I have been around a fair amount of 'Greater Iran' enthusiasts online over the last 4 years to realise that its pure nostalgia that tends to glorify the Persian empires of old and want to see a new empire/super-state be re-established on racial, linguistic, and cultural grounds. Some advocate usage of warfare to over throw what they deem as 'Arabparasts and traitors' of countries that border Iran to 'save and unite all the Iranian people'.

That being said, nothing wrong with having greater cultural cooperation, understanding, and between neighbours of the region. Nothing wrong with join collaborations in such fields etc.

But to assume that all Tajiks, Afghans, Azeris, Georgians, Armenians, Kurds, Balochis, etc (one who are considered 'Iranian') are desperately dreaming of a Pan-Iranist paradise to take place is just laughable.

And as I said, this 'movement' is essentially a favourite past time of the younger Iranian diaspora whose parents originate from Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz and but now live in places like LA (Tehrangeles), Toronto (Tehranto), Germany, UK, Australia etc just to have a sense of belonging and justify their nationalistic pride with their farvahar necklaces and shirts, and going "do do do do do do IRAN!" in football matches, and then saying "Oh we are Persian!" with a face when they are innocently mistaken to be 'Arab' by others.

Its cute, but also laughable. Smiley

Reply #21 - August 03, 2010, 05:40 AM

I've met many Kurds IRL and on the net and the only ones who have not supported Pan-Iranist ideology are maybe 3 out of a 100. The majority of my subs/friends on YT are Kurds and I back and forth with them all the time.

I don't know anything about Baloch sorry

Kurdistan independence from Iraq, Turkey, Syria, and Iran probably ranks a LOT higher in their minds compared to 'Iranzamin'

whistling2

Reply #22 - August 03, 2010, 05:42 AM

Won't pan Iranism have to collide with pan Turkism for greater Iran?

Reply #23 - August 03, 2010, 05:42 AM

Nice attack on me, but I'm not one of those "Arabs are evil" types. I don't advocate racism or hatred.

Also I've never in my life been mistaken for an Arab. It's cute you have an image of Iranians being Semites in your head.

"But to assume that all Tajiks, Afghans, Azeris, Georgians, Armenians, Kurds, Balochis, etc (one who are considered 'Iranian') are desperately dreaming of a Pan-Iranist paradise to take place is just laughable."

How do you know what the future brings?
     Reply #24 - August 03, 2010, 05:43 AM

Kurdistan independence from Iraq, Turkey, Syria, and Iran probably ranks a LOT higher in their minds compared to 'Iranzamin'

whistling2

I've heard many times when Kurds say slogans in favor of the PKK/PJAK they include something like "Free Iranzamin" alongside with Kordestan.
     Reply #25 - August 03, 2010, 05:45 AM

Not really, Azeris don't consider themselves Turkish, only brainwashed Azeris who live in Turkey do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKf8NeFXGjs
     Reply #26 - August 03, 2010, 05:47 AM

Nice attack on me, but I'm not one of those "Arabs are evil" types. I don't advocate racism or hatred.

Wasnt an attack...I was just sayin.

BTW, when I talk about 'racism' often my context is the antiquated idea that nation is based on things like 'race' or 'blood' in which case I'd disagree a bit. To build a greater future, a real revolution is nations based on ideals....not ethnicity or 'race'.

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #27 - August 03, 2010, 05:47 AM

It wasnt an attack on you PersoAryanism. It was my understanding of this movement after many years of being around people who loudly and proudly advocate it online forums.  Smiley

Also I've never in my life been mistaken for an Arab. It's cute you have an image of Iranians being Semites in your head.

"But to assume that all Tajiks, Afghans, Azeris, Georgians, Armenians, Kurds, Balochis, etc (one who are considered 'Iranian') are desperately dreaming of a Pan-Iranist paradise to take place is just laughable."

How do you know what the future brings?

I should ask you the same question, joon.  Wink

All these pan-this pan-that movements are just pathetic. Nationalism is pathetic, and expansionist ideology is even more pathetic.

I am glad I overcame my laughable Pakistani nationalistic b.s. to realise that as well.
    Not really, Azeris don't consider themselves Turkish, only brainwashed Azeris who live in Turkey do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKf8NeFXGjs

Lol, he was talking about Pan-Turkism ideology of Turkish fascists wanting to unite all Turkic peoples (that would also be considered 'Iranian' by pan-Iranists) and reclaim territories of the Ottoman states, not Azeris Smiley

Reply #28 - August 03, 2010, 05:50 AM

Why not promote Nationalistic thought for Pakistan? A nation with a great past, beautiful people, and deep culture. Why not promote saving it from Islamic extremism?
     Reply #29 - August 03, 2010, 05:52 AM

Why not promote Nationalistic thought for Pakistan? A nation with a great past, beautiful people, and deep culture. Why not promote saving it from Islamic extremism?

Because most Pakistanis consider that Islam, and being anti-India anti-Hindu as a result, is a vital part of 'Pakistani nationalism'.  wacko

I would simply promote secularism, tolerance, mutual respect, and education in Pakistan so that everyone in that country is treated fairly and one and the same irrespective of beliefs, ethnicity, background and what not.

Nationalists movement also have a thing in common: they all have an enemy they want to overwhelm. wacko

• 12 3 ... 10 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »