Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Apostated last year after 3 years in islam

(Read 10626 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Apostated last year after 3 years in islam
     Reply #60 - August 04, 2010, 07:19 PM

We set it manually when we've seen that a new member isn't a troll.

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #61 - August 04, 2010, 07:33 PM

Ohhh, okay. ^^

Is your grammar defective? Just askin'.

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you." - Rumi

Reply #62 - August 04, 2010, 07:35 PM

We set it manually when we've seen that a new member isn't a troll.

Who gave Iblis ex-muslim status?  Huh?
     Reply #63 - August 19, 2010, 11:35 PM

sorry to dig up an oldish thread.

welcome to the forum algebra  far away hug

it seems like that you and your wife have a lot of love for each other - and that's the most important thing. i admire the fact that you can have very different views but still have a lot of respect for each other.

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #64 - August 19, 2010, 11:40 PM

x2 + 2y - z =  apostasy

where:
    x = critical thinking
    y = access to scientific knowledge
    z = pressure to conform

grin12

Sorry, I realised that this algebraic formula needs correcting slightly.

Change y:

y = access to scientific knowledge, or better morality, or knowledge of Muhammad's ugly side.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #65 - August 19, 2010, 11:41 PM

so you met Mo personally? what was he like dude?

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #66 - August 19, 2010, 11:43 PM

He was a skater boy, dude.
     Reply #67 - August 19, 2010, 11:49 PM

so you met Mo personally? what was he like dude?

You know what I mean by "ugly side"; like having sex with a nine year old girl etc etc.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #68 - August 19, 2010, 11:52 PM

Mashallah. On what standard do you judge the wrongness of what Muhammad did? The Quran says it's alright, and it's the absolute standard, so it has to be alright.
     Reply #69 - August 19, 2010, 11:55 PM

so you trust hadiths?Huh? (you know, the documentations that were written at least two hundered years after the alleged incidents took place, and therefroe the same documentations that a professional historian would have nothing to do with)

Reply #70 - August 19, 2010, 11:57 PM

i must admit though - if you guys are ready and willing to accept hadiths as truths - you are like the majority of Muslim I know  Wink

Reply #71 - August 19, 2010, 11:59 PM

anyways i didn't come back for a fight, lol  Smiley

let's love each other  far away hug

Reply #72 - August 20, 2010, 12:21 AM

i must admit though - if you guys are ready and willing to accept hadiths as truths - you are like the majority of Muslim I know  Wink

Yunus, that's exactly why we argue against Islam based on these hadiths, because the vast majority accept them. But when discussing Islam with you, we have to be more philosophical and scientific. grin12

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #73 - August 20, 2010, 01:56 AM

We have a son.

We are bringing him up muslim.

I'm not militant about islam.

Chances are he will grow up in the secular west and apostacize himself in his teens.

I would prevent him from getting ultra-religious though.

STAY AWAY FROM THE SALAFI LOONIES!!!

algebra, why didn't you ask your wife to convert to Judaism? There seems to be ONE WAY street with Muslims - only non-Muslim spouses convert to Islam but there is no traffic in the other direction. And why are you bringing up your son as a Muslim? At least you should introduce him to your Jewish heritage. If your son comes under the influence of some Muslim fanatic you are going to lose your son - he may even start to hate you because you are a Jew unless you want to deceive him about giving up Islam. He may find out, it will be best to tell him the truth and tell him why.

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #74 - August 20, 2010, 02:07 AM

Islam has great appeal in that it presents God in a simple and powerful way.
    A completely transcendent deity.

I was 26 when I first accepted islam.

It was only after reading the Quran and ahadith that I realized that much of the Quran is simply the words of a leader, a good leader, who was intent on holding onto power.

You didn't bother to read the Quran before converting to Islam!!! I am shocked! How can you accept a religion without reading at least the main book, that is the Quran? Didn't you read some history about the religion written by Westerners? I am totally flabbergasted when I see people converting to Islam without informing themselves.

Powerful God? What about cruel God? God of Muslims tortures kaffirs - it is there in black and white in all the religious books of Islam, how did you manage to overlook that fact?

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #75 - August 20, 2010, 02:14 AM

I think "good" as in the president is a "good" leader.

Looking out for the best (as he defines them) interests of the nation as a whole, in particular his supporters interests.

A person that puts the nation's well being before his own.

That may involve eliminating, by any means, opponents from within and without the nation.

As you said, muslims believe they are in direct contact with this deity. That he is listening to them.

I'm not sure this is such a bad thing, it certainly does not make them schizos.

Do you think that Muhammad was a good leader? Muhammad did not care for his nation. He was a megalomaniac who only cared for his own pleasure. He was a pedophile - he married 6 year old Ayesha when he was 53 years old. He killed hundreds of innocent people, is that the mark of a good leader?

You are wrong to say that Muslims believe that they are in direct contact with the deity. They fear him. For example, I don't fear God.

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #76 - August 20, 2010, 02:20 AM

Do you think that Muhammad was a good leader? Muhammad did not care for his nation. He was a megalomaniac who only cared for his own pleasure. He was a pedophile - he married 6 year old Ayesha when he was 53 years old. He killed hundreds of innocent people, is that the mark of a good leader?

You are wrong to say that Muslims believe that they are in direct contact with the deity. They fear him. For example, I don't fear God.

I say he was good leader Mr. Ram .,   how do you define a good leader??  Sometimes a  gang leader could also be a good leader., without doubt the guy was inspirational to his followers.  His followers gave him their wealth, their women and their life for the  leader.

It is true that he was megalomaniac, a nut case and did have pedophillic thoughts but Muhammad did NOT kill hundreds of innocent people.  I don't think he really participated in wars but   his followers killed not 100s but in 1000s   for the sake of Muhammad and his Islam..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #77 - August 20, 2010, 11:34 AM

so you trust hadiths?Huh?

What else are we to trust?  Its a pro-biased source, and the Quran gives little insight into his character? 

In other words how else are we to ascertain his character, will you accept non-muslim sources?  Are there any?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #78 - August 20, 2010, 04:34 PM

Mashallah. On what standard do you judge the wrongness of what Muhammad did? The Quran says it's alright, and it's the absolute standard, so it has to be alright.

sheikh

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #79 - August 20, 2010, 05:46 PM

sheikh

Cheesy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »