Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Fitness and Diet thread

(Read 90435 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 14 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The Fitness and Diet thread
     Reply #30 - July 27, 2010, 04:16 AM

What exercises would you recommend to help me punch faster and with greater force?

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #31 - July 27, 2010, 04:18 AM

Delete.
     Reply #32 - July 27, 2010, 04:29 AM

What exercises would you recommend to help me punch faster and with greater force?

Most of the force in a punch comes from the core (abs) and back muscles. So I guess those? I'm pretty sure working out biceps, triceps or forearms will have miniscule effect on punching strength.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #33 - July 27, 2010, 04:33 AM

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 270
    BodyFat%: 15-17%
    Body Type: Endo/Meso

Goals: Fun

Program:
    3-4 times a week. Usually one day on, one off.

Day 1: chest
    Day 2: back
    Day 3: legs

Smaller body parts get worked depending on how I feel.

In between is hiking, or Kyokushin

Diet:
    120-150 grams protein, 40-70 grams fat, 150-400 grams of carbs. And more on the weekend.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #34 - July 27, 2010, 04:35 AM

Goals: Fun

Shocked
     Reply #35 - July 27, 2010, 04:36 AM

Five to six meals spread throughout the day ensures your metabolism is steady. That's common knowledge and every nutritionist and expert recommends it.

I personally eat 5 meals per day but this is not exactly agreed upon and its not recommended by every nutritionist.

Lol. I've calculated my calorie needs using multiple equations, and they all came out with around 2,400 calories, and I seem to be progressing fine with it.

Good for you man (serious)...but I personally need more calories than that.

And you maintain on 5,000 calories? Horseshit.

I dont get why this is so hard to believe. Ask arou nd your gym or even just do an internet search its not really that abnormal.

Diet compliments a work-out program. If you work out 1-1.5 hours a day, there's no way you need 5,000+ to gain muscle. If you work out more, you're doing it wrong.

I would need more than 5k cals to actually put on muscle at this point. I maintain my current lbm at 5k
     Reply #36 - July 27, 2010, 04:40 AM

The craziest diet I know is the GOMAD diet, and even that is 3,500 - 5,000 calories to maximize muscle gain. And 5,000 is the absolute maximum, which most people don't reach. And if you're on that diet you have to cut afterward, because you accumulate fat while bulking. So yes, that many calories to simply maintain is horseshit.
     Reply #37 - July 27, 2010, 05:02 AM

Most of the force in a punch comes from the core (abs) and back muscles. So I guess those? I'm pretty sure working out biceps, triceps or forearms will have miniscule effect on punching strength.

Yeah anything I can do to practice increasing the speed?  You know..  increase the burst of power..

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

Reply #38 - July 27, 2010, 06:23 AM

Join a boxing gym. Focus on the heavy bag. As you get strong you can also have weights on your wrists.

The power comes from shoulder, lats and triceps. Upper body work out.

But it's about technique and the gym will teach you that.
     Reply #39 - July 27, 2010, 11:18 AM

I can post you meals from that food thread that are over 1000 cals lol. I don't get why 5k is so hard to believe for you...I'm not saying everyone needs to eat that but its what works for me...if you eat less and that works for you great.

Yes?

I hardly ever eat more than 2k and i'm pretty active. But then again, i'm quite short.

Reply #40 - July 27, 2010, 11:30 AM

Yes?

I hardly ever eat more than 2k and i'm pretty active. But then again, i'm quite short.

Thats the thing... you're a short girl who eats 2k. so I don't really get why its so unbelievable that I eat 5k. There are GUYS here who only eat 2400 (who weight train) ...i was like wtf how do you survive but whatever works.
     Reply #41 - July 27, 2010, 12:19 PM

What's your height and weight, tony stark$?
     Reply #42 - July 27, 2010, 09:36 PM

Ok someone on this thread has to help me gain some weight :(
    (and don't say 'eat more' Tongue )

I need a diet plan and an exercise plan to gain like 20 pounds. Any suggestions?
     Reply #43 - July 27, 2010, 09:39 PM

Ok someone on this thread has to help me gain some weight :(
    (and don't say 'eat more' Tongue )

I need a diet plan and an exercise plan to gain like 20 pounds. Any suggestions?

Squats, deadlifts, bench, pull ups.
    Then your hunger will increase accordingly ;P

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #44 - July 27, 2010, 10:41 PM

I don't have the appetite to eat after working out, lol.

But yeh, increase your calorie intake. Tongue And drink milk. LOADS of milk. Whole or 2%.
     Reply #45 - July 27, 2010, 10:50 PM

I dooo but I am not getting anywhere :(
     Reply #46 - July 27, 2010, 10:54 PM

Depends on how you want to increase it.  Eat more fish and red meat, increase your carbs intake via pasta and do some easy work outs.

Reply #47 - July 27, 2010, 10:56 PM

lift heavier weights!

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #48 - July 27, 2010, 10:59 PM

Keep track of what you eat. Check your weight every week. If you don't gain 0.5-1 lbs per week, increase your intake. It's hard work, but guaranteed to work.

Here are some equations to calculate your calorie needs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
     Reply #49 - July 28, 2010, 04:17 AM

bunny Actually I feel more like ...Old geezer  1000 pound leg press for 10 reps.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #50 - July 28, 2010, 04:48 AM

is 5'7 short for a guy?

Huh?
     Reply #51 - July 28, 2010, 04:59 AM

Depends where you are.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_average_height_of_men_and_women_worldwide

I think overall it's slightly below average.

I'm 5'7 as well.
     Reply #52 - July 28, 2010, 10:15 AM

That list sucks. It says average male height in Iraq is 165 cm !!

I'm 5'7 (169 cm) and I'm considered short by Iraqi standards. In my uni year there were 280 students. About 130 of them males and I was one of the shortest 10-20. So there's no way 165 cm is the average. 
     Reply #53 - July 28, 2010, 12:58 PM

Check out this website: http://www.halls.md/chart/height-weight.htm
     Reply #54 - July 28, 2010, 01:02 PM

Twenty or thirty years ago 5'6" was "average".  Y'all are getting taller.

Reply #55 - July 28, 2010, 01:11 PM

Yeh, apparently our generation is the only one in a very long time that has grown taller than the generation preceding it. I'm taller than both my parents. From my understanding, it's related to the mass consumption of genetically-modified food with hormones and stuff. My brother is 13 and already almost as tall as me.
     Reply #56 - July 28, 2010, 02:03 PM

Yeah same thing in Iraq. Despite the sanctions, Iraqis are getting taller specially those born 1988 or after.
     Reply #57 - July 28, 2010, 02:11 PM

Its the same here.  I'm 5'7.  Feel like I'm a dwarf at times.

Reply #58 - July 28, 2010, 02:20 PM

Heh...I don't think genetically modified foods have much to do with it(yet). Last I heard, regular meals, more food, and shifting food choices(more/better protein, etc.) is to blame.

Reply #59 - July 28, 2010, 04:43 PM

Depends where you are.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_average_height_of_men_and_women_worldwide

I think overall it's slightly below average.

I'm 5'7 as well.

average male height:

Netherlands 184.8 cm (6' 0.8")

wtf  Huh?
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 14 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »