Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Fitness and Diet thread

(Read 90426 times)
  • 12 3 ... 14 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Fitness and Diet thread
     OP - July 26, 2010, 09:39 PM

So since we've occasionaly had discussions about getting in shape in many other threads I thought it'd be cool to have one dedicated to it where we can discuss our goals related to health and body-image.

So about me:
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 177lbs
    BodyFat%: ~10-12%
    Body Type: Ectomorph

Goals: Muscling building and cutting bf%

Fitness Plan
    Mornings: I bike or run every morning for about 30 min.

I do musclebuilding exercises 4 days a week usually like so:

Monday: Back, Biceps
    Tuesday: REST
    Wednesday: Chest, Triceps
    Thursday: REST
    Friday: Legs (calves, quads), Shoulders
    Saturday: Abs, Cardio
    Sunday: REST

I typically do 3 exercises per muscle group 4 sets each. I aim for the 10-12 rep range.

Diet
    Given my weight and fitness goals my caloric intake is about 2700 and I try to get about 190g of protein per day. I space it out over about 6 meals across the day.

I've had good progress so far and have gained decent muscle over the last year of training, but since I'm naturally skinny its always tough.

Please discuss your fitness, dietary goals and your methods and progress so far. Smiley

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

• Re: The Fitness and Diet thread
     Reply #1 - July 26, 2010, 09:43 PM

I... go a run occasionally. About 9km. sometimes shorter ones. Though I've been lax in it recently due to other stuff. But I'll be getting back into it as soon as I move and get shit sorted out.
     Reply #2 - July 26, 2010, 09:45 PM

I've started running again and not being an obsessive health freak. I'm happy atm, however.

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #3 - July 26, 2010, 09:47 PM

Nothing wrong with being an obsessive health freak as long as you don't judge or bug others about it.. I'm proud to be a health freak. Afro

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #4 - July 26, 2010, 09:49 PM

I was watching every little thing I consumed to the point of obsession and had to know exactly what was in my food ingredients and calorie wise. I figure i'm better off relaxing a little. wacko

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #5 - July 26, 2010, 09:51 PM

Nah, I'm never like that. I like engorging myself with fast food one or two meals on the weekends. But since I'm naturally skinny it doesn't effect me much.

Reply #6 - July 26, 2010, 10:25 PM

I'm not in the best shape of my life at the moment, I need to get back in the gym and clean up my diet!  My aim is to look like David Haye.  cool2

Reply #7 - July 26, 2010, 11:32 PM

I'm just cutting on food and watching what i eat

no suger or soda or anything like that

lost around  5 pounds ( 3 kilos ) in 1 week and half

no gym around only exercise i could do is play football

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #8 - July 26, 2010, 11:35 PM

I'm just cutting on food and watching what i eat

no suger or soda or anything like that

lost around  5 pounds ( 3 kilos ) in 1 week and half

no gym around only exercise i could do is play football

Hey bro, you should do some calisthenic exercises.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw2.htm

Reply #9 - July 26, 2010, 11:47 PM

I was watching every little thing I consumed to the point of obsession and had to know exactly what was in my food ingredients and calorie wise. I figure i'm better off relaxing a little. wacko

Nah, I'm never like that. I like engorging myself with fast food one or two meals on the weekends. But since I'm naturally skinny it doesn't effect me much.

Just do what youre supposed to in the gym and diet does not matter as much as you think.

watch this video from 2:32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lDfnG4nlQU

and this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u29jrTrjcSo&feature=related
     Reply #10 - July 26, 2010, 11:50 PM

diet does not matter as much as you think.

No, it matters the most. If you don't know that then you don't know shit about fitness.

Unless you have the genetics of an alpha athlete, diet is of supreme importance.

Reply #11 - July 26, 2010, 11:52 PM

Hey bro, you should do some calisthenic exercises.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw2.htm

ty i will chk that out

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #12 - July 26, 2010, 11:57 PM

No, it matters the most. If you don't know that then you don't know shit about fitness.

Unless you have the genetics of an alpha athlete, diet is of supreme importance.

I know you have prolly read all the articles on bodybuilding.com (lol) but you should really expand your knowledge. Once you build a decnt muscle mass (like ocho cinco) and you will see. Also, everyone is different...(for instance I maintain on 5000 cals a day)

That swimmer fag eats 12000
     Reply #13 - July 27, 2010, 02:58 AM

I was on an intense work-out program during my last few weeks in Montreal. I actually started seeing results, but it was so intense that I became demotivated. I'm gonna join the gym within the next few days and draw up a new program and diet.

Here's my info:

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 135lbs
    BodyFat%: ~14-15%
    Body Type: Ectomorph

Goals: Muscling building and cutting bf%

Program:
    Went to the gym 6 times a week.

Day 1: chest, shoulders, triceps
    Day 2: back, biceps
    Day 3: legs, abs

Twice every week. 3-4 exercises per muscle group; 3 sets per exercise; 10-15 rep range. Also did 3 sets of forearm exercises on day 2.

Day 7 was my cardio day; about 30 minutes running.

Diet:
    About 2400 calories: ~150 g protein; 50-70 g fat; the rest carbs.
     Reply #14 - July 27, 2010, 03:03 AM

Mornings: I bike or run every morning for about 30 min.

Make sure you don't do too much cardio; you could lose muscle.

I know you have prolly read all the articles on bodybuilding.com (lol) but you should really expand your knowledge. Once you build a decnt muscle mass (like ocho cinco) and you will see. Also, everyone is different...(for instance I maintain on 5000 cals a day)

That swimmer fag eats 12000

Every bodybuilder ever will tell you that diet is the most important thing. If you know one who disagrees, please share.
     Reply #15 - July 27, 2010, 03:06 AM

TonyStark/DigDug is so full of shit it's amazing. He maintains 5000 calories? And he's giving us advice based on a pro-athlete with elite genetics? Islam has made him a fucking retard in more ways than one it seems.

Make sure you don't do too much cardio; you could lose muscle.

Yeah, I only limit it to mornings since I get best results in terms of fat loss then and I eat a big breakfast right after too. Rarely do it much outside of then.

Reply #16 - July 27, 2010, 03:09 AM

TonyStark/DigDug is so full of shit it's amazing. He maintains 5000 calories? And he's giving us advice based on a pro-athlete with elite genetics? Islam has made him a fucking retard in more ways than one it seems.

Grin

He could be a giant.
     Reply #17 - July 27, 2010, 03:11 AM

Even for a giant that's insane. I know bodybuilders who are 6'4" and 220+ lbs and still eat under 5000cals. He needs to have a Michael Phelps level of physical activity in order to need 5000 cals.

Reply #18 - July 27, 2010, 03:14 AM

Here's a standard caloric intake for a 280lb guy who bodybuilds:

280lbs (127kg)      610cals x 6 meals = 3700 cals     46g x 6 meals= 280g protein

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/gainingMuscle.htm

Reply #19 - July 27, 2010, 03:14 AM

Every bodybuilder ever will tell you that diet is the most important thing. If you know one who disagrees, please share.

I posted the video man

TonyStark/DigDug is so full of shit it's amazing. He maintains 5000 calories? And he's giving us advice based on a pro-athlete with elite genetics?

Is it hard to believe that I maintains my current weight on 5000 calories a day? seriously? Its all about calories in vs. calories out...as long as your macros are OK it doesn't matter what you eat.

Islam has made him a fucking retard in more ways than one it seems.

Child please is what that gets
     Reply #20 - July 27, 2010, 03:16 AM

Okay then nigga, post your fitness routine. What types of workouts do you do across the week?

Reply #21 - July 27, 2010, 03:17 AM

Micheal Phelps is who I meant...he eats 12000 cals a day

Its all about calories in vs calories out...(muscular hypertrophy workouts dont take that much calories) and a bodybuilder stepping on stage at 280? and he is your "average" bodybuilder? wtf ru talking about man...
     Reply #22 - July 27, 2010, 03:18 AM

Michael Phelps is an olympic athlete who is 6'5" and trains 8hours a day in both cardio and strength training. Now unless you workout 4+ hrs a day you're full of shit. How tall are you?

Reply #23 - July 27, 2010, 03:21 AM

I posted the video man

Just because he eats McDonald's doesn't mean diet doesn't matter. The guy ordered a sausage, Egg McMuffins and OJ. That's a balanced meal right there.

Is it hard to believe that I maintains my current weight on 5000 calories a day? seriously? Its all about calories in vs. calories out...as long as your macros are OK it doesn't matter what you eat.

You must be over-working your muscles if you need that many calories to maintain.
     Reply #24 - July 27, 2010, 03:24 AM

Michael Phelps is an olympic athlete who is 6'5" and trains 8hours a day in both cardio and strength training. Now unless you workout 4+ hrs a day you're full of shit. How tall are you?

im 5'11...there is a huge difference between 12000 and 5000...the "reccommended daily intake" is 2000 cals even if your are sitting in an office all day...

I can post you meals from that food thread that are over 1000 cals lol. I don't get why 5k is so hard to believe for you...I'm not saying everyone needs to eat that but its what works for me...if you eat less and that works for you great.
     Reply #25 - July 27, 2010, 03:25 AM

I can post you meals from that food thread that are over 1000 cals lol.

And you'd be stupid if you ate one five times a day.
     Reply #26 - July 27, 2010, 03:31 AM

Just because he eats McDonald's doesn't mean diet doesn't matter. The guy ordered a sausage, Egg McMuffins and OJ. That's a balanced meal right there.

He ordered over 2k cals worth of food man haha...but thats the point im trying to make...as long as your macros are ok it doesnt matter that much where your cals come from

You must be over-working your muscles if you need that many calories to maintain.

Its only overtraining if you dont get your calories in (thats why phelps has to eat 12k)

And you'd be stupid if you ate one five times a day.

but if you ate just 3 you would be taking in more calories then Iblis...(and I don't think those people work out)
     Reply #27 - July 27, 2010, 03:43 AM

macros are ok it doesnt matter that much where your cals come from

You can't eat 6 meals a day if you eat junk food, so your metabolism would slow down between meals. Not the best muscle mass strategy (or fat loss, for that matter).

By the way, Egg McMuffins has been listed in Men's Journal as the healthiest fast food meal. Not the best breakfast out there, but you could definitely do much worse.

Its only overtraining if you dont get your calories in (thats why phelps has to eat 12k)

If you're bodybuilding, working out more than an hour and a half a day just means you're damaging muscles, so there's absolutely no point to it. You'd just need the extra protein and energy to rebuild the muscle you damaged.

Michael Phelps is not a bodybuilder. In fact, he's very thin for someone who works out so much, which just proves my point.

but if you ate just 3 you would be taking in more calories then Iblis...(and I don't think those people work out)

I've posted some meals in there and they're definitely nowhere near 1,000 calories each, so maybe others aren't as well.

Also, it's common knowledge that people tend to eat too much each meal.
     Reply #28 - July 27, 2010, 04:00 AM

You can't eat 6 meals a day if you eat junk food, so your metabolism would slow down between meals.

Who said you have to eat 6 meals per day? If you can't eat more than 2700 calories with cardio and weight training you must have a slow metabolism to begin with.

By the way, Egg McMuffins has been listed in Men's Journal as the healthiest fast food meal. Not the best breakfast out there, but you could definitely do much worse.

Lol i went back and checked...he ordered 1950 calories worth of food in 1 meal

hotcakes and sausage (770 cals)

2 sausage n egg mcmuffins (900)

Large orange juice (280)

If you're bodybuilding, working out more than an hour and a half a day just means you're damaging muscles, so there's absolutely no point to it. You'd just need the extra protein and energy to rebuild the muscle you damaged.

I never work out more than 1 hour per day...

Michael Phelps is not a bodybuilder. In fact, he's very thin for someone who works out that much, which just proves my point.

He trains for endurance not to make his muscles bigger. But he needs 12000 cals because his body burns them off while he trains...its all calories in vs calories out

I said it doesn't really matter that much what you eat as long as you do what your supposed to in the gym.
     Reply #29 - July 27, 2010, 04:14 AM

Who said you have to eat 6 meals per day?

Five to six meals spread throughout the day ensures your metabolism is steady. That's common knowledge and every nutritionist and expert recommends it.

If you can't eat more than 2700 calories with cardio and weight training you must have a slow metabolism to begin with.

Lol. I've calculated my calorie needs using multiple equations, and they all came out with around 2,400 calories, and I seem to be progressing fine with it.

I never work out more than 1 hour per day...

And you maintain on 5,000 calories? Horseshit.

He trains for endurance not to make his muscles bigger. But he needs 12000 cals because his body burns them off while he trains...its all calories in vs calories out

I said it doesn't really matter that much what you eat as long as you do what your supposed to in the gym.

Diet compliments a work-out program. If you work out 1-1.5 hours a day, there's no way you need 5,000+ to gain muscle. If you work out more, you're doing it wrong.
  • 12 3 ... 14 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »