Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
August 29, 2024, 01:39 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
August 28, 2024, 02:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
August 28, 2024, 01:31 AM

New Britain
August 27, 2024, 09:51 PM

France Muslims were in d...
August 27, 2024, 08:13 AM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

German nationalist party ...
August 24, 2024, 07:22 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
August 24, 2024, 01:51 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
August 15, 2024, 02:33 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
August 14, 2024, 11:59 AM

Catalan protests
August 08, 2024, 12:59 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Fitness and Diet thread

(Read 101402 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 13 14 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Fitness and Diet thread
     Reply #300 - July 12, 2015, 04:57 AM

What's a heavy hand grip?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #301 - July 12, 2015, 07:07 AM

A hand grip which offers a fair amount of tension.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #302 - July 12, 2015, 07:13 AM

You could also wrap a towel around a pull up bar and do dead hangs (hang off the bar).

Reply #303 - July 12, 2015, 09:58 AM

Does a heavy handgrip depend on how heavy you are lol
     Reply #304 - July 12, 2015, 10:17 AM

Hey Suki.

Nope, it depends on grip strength.

Weaker grip -> use a hand-grip that provides lower tension.

Reply #305 - July 12, 2015, 11:18 AM

Hey Suki.

Qtian stop..stop....Stoooop

stop running around body., exercise.. grip strength.. chest size..  bench press..........dead lift ......how much weight you can lift.. You have good physique .. that is good enough.... you know I used to be Captain  of weight lifting team through out my college years..  used to be obsessed with that.....

Now find the ways to make money  .. lots and lots of money  with your mind & Physique .

So search for ways..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #306 - July 12, 2015, 11:30 AM

Quote from: yeez

stop running around body., exercise.. grip strength.. chest size..  bench press..........dead lift ......how much weight you can lift.. You have good physique .. that is good enough.... you know I used to be Captain  of weight lifting team through out my college years..  used to be obsessed with that.....

Now find the ways to make money  .. lots and lots of money  with your mind & Physique .

So search for ways..

I've made some corrections to your post.

Also Yeez, I'm more interested in martial arts than weightlifting. I just weight lift to keep my strength up Tongue

Reply #307 - July 12, 2015, 11:41 AM

I've made some corrections to your post.

what corrections??          Dammit you are cutting my  text off ..  finmad finmad

Huh? Cry   dammit every one copying me nowadays  Cry Cry           ....lol...

Reply #308 - July 12, 2015, 11:43 AM

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, you should be happy that everyone is copying you  cool2

Reply #309 - July 12, 2015, 11:55 AM

................., I'm more interested in martial arts than weightlifting. I just weight lift to keep my strength up Tongue

Well Qtian it really doesn't matter what kind of exercise you do for keeping your body in a good shape but more important thing for people who do Body building,  weight lifting  and those Martial arts training is "LEARNING TO CONTROL THE ANGER & TEMPER"..

with best wishes...

Reply #310 - July 12, 2015, 11:57 AM

Watch this- fucking hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LmeQ3Vci-w

Reply #311 - July 12, 2015, 01:01 PM

Hey Suki.

I was just being silly lol...  Good to see you Qtian, i think the board is a little quiet atm..  i agree with Yeeze you are looking good on your latest pics..

X
     Reply #312 - July 12, 2015, 01:17 PM

stop running around body., exercise.. grip strength.. chest size..  bench press..........dead lift ......how much weight you can lift.. You have good physique .. that is good enough.... you know I used to be Captain  of weight lifting team through out my college years..  used to be obsessed with that.....

So search for ways..

So were you a huge hunk at one time lol  ? Did you ever try martial arts also ?   
     Reply #313 - July 12, 2015, 03:09 PM

@Suki 

Haha, no worries. Thanks.

Yeah...I agree. The board is currently at the pallor mortis stage of death.

Reply #314 - July 13, 2015, 03:31 PM

Someone please post something on-topic.

I'm bored and this thread is dying.

Reply #315 - July 13, 2015, 03:48 PM

I've continued doing Muay Thai. Not sure my actual size has changed much, but I now have muscles in places where I before had none or very little and very weak ones. My hook is pretty good, I've heard, among other things.  I managed to advance in level, so my mission is to reach the advanced group by next spring and try out a match... and winning it of course cool2 I've found my passion in life. I don't know what the heck I've been doing trying going to the gym when I'm so not a gym person. Try straining your muscles and sweating in the gym as much as you do after an hour and a half intense Muay Thai session. Fucking love it. 

I'm also doing yoga once a week starting August. That'll be fun I think, and good for my knee injury.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #316 - July 13, 2015, 04:02 PM

don't know what the heck I've been doing trying going to the gym when I'm so not a gym person. Try straining your muscles and sweating in the gym as much as you do after an hour and a half intense Muay Thai session. Fucking love it.

It really depends on what style your focus us. For wrestling and bjj, lifting weights is quite beneficial. Well, it's almost necessary to lift weights if you're a wrestler.

It's great to hear that you're enjoying Muay Thai, CF Smiley

Reply #317 - July 13, 2015, 04:14 PM

Oh, don't get me wrong. Lifting and going to the gym for muscle strength and gain is still important, you have a number of ways to attain that result. It's just that only going to the gym is too monotonous and boring for me, that I manage to hold out for a couple of moths before I say "fuck it" and lose motivation. It doesn't keep me motivated at all. Going to the gym, or doing the same thing at home, because it benefits you for your martial arts is another story. I love that. It's just I don't do the gym thing exclusively...  That last part sounded weird but I'll let it pass Grin

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #318 - July 13, 2015, 04:22 PM

Yeah, I get you. I don't exclusively gym for boredom related reasons.

That last part sounded weird but I'll let it pass

??

Reply #319 - July 13, 2015, 04:24 PM

??

"It's just I don't do the gym thing exclusively", forget it I'm weird today, and I've noticed few people get my sense of humour when I'm in a weird mode...

Reply #320 - July 13, 2015, 04:28 PM

Ahh, fair enough. Well my last "weird" day involved me walking into the middle of a roundabout, so I guess that you're still fairing better than I.

Reply #321 - July 13, 2015, 10:34 PM

For gym noobs

https://youtu.be/3bHZeq3f2I0

Reply #322 - July 18, 2015, 03:45 PM

It still feels like Ramadan.

5pm here and I'm yet to have my first meal of the day.

Reply #323 - July 22, 2015, 12:30 AM

I've almost reached my target weight of around 77kg. This was easier than expected. Next goal is 70kg.

Reply #324 - July 22, 2015, 02:22 PM

Exactly a year and a half ago, my body was a muscle-less blob for a body. Living like a good muslimah meant my body was a disaster, health wise and in general. No opportunity for physical activity, no sun nor Vitamin D and no real effort to recover after a pregnancy... you can just imagine. After a year, I had lost two sizes and 10 kg just by doing nothing in particular besides starting to live a normal day to day life in comparison to the "devout Muslimah" life I had before. Even though I was far from fit, I at least managed to do some light intensive activity without losing my breath like before.

When I decided to do something more proactive half a year ago, I just wanted to turn my muscle-less blob for a body into something decent that worked like a 20-something year old body is supposed to work like. Since then I've gained a lot more stamina and improved my cardio (long way to go though). Even gained some muscles, and finally started doing something to heal my weak knees I suffered from due to various reasons.

I have a long way to go. My knees are still not 100 % like they should. I need to do a lot more to gain muscles, especially core and legs, mostly for the sake of my knees... But with a little bit of effort, done consistently, you can achieve a lot. Even make a blob into an almost decent body after a relatively short period of time given the fact it detoriated slowly but surely for 6 years after my pregnancy.

So new more concrete goals I have for the next 6 months: I'll be free from my knee problems (which means so much more than just having problem free knees), and have advanced one more level in my muay thai.

Reply #325 - July 22, 2015, 03:00 PM

Thats really cool to hear, cf.

For the budding mma'ers out there, here is a great tip: https://youtu.be/adMj7cImWYg

Reply #326 - July 22, 2015, 03:18 PM

Exactly a year and a half ago, my body was a muscle-less blob for a body. Living like a good muslimah meant my body was a disaster, health wise and in general. No opportunity for physical activity, no sun nor Vitamin D and no real effort to recover after a pregnancy... you can just imagine. After a year, I had lost two sizes and 10 kg just by doing nothing in particular besides starting to live a normal day to day life in comparison to the "devout Muslimah" life I had before. Even though I was far from fit, I at least managed to do some light intensive activity without losing my breath like before.

When I decided to do something more proactive half a year ago, I just wanted to turn my muscle-less blob for a body into something decent that worked like a 20-something year old body is supposed to work like. Since then I've gained a lot more stamina and improved my cardio (long way to go though). Even gained some muscles, and finally started doing something to heal my weak knees I suffered from due to various reasons.

I have a long way to go. My knees are still not 100 % like they should. I need to do a lot more to gain muscles, especially core and legs, mostly for the sake of my knees... But with a little bit of effort, done consistently, you can achieve a lot. Even make a blob into an almost decent body after a relatively short period of time given the fact it detoriated slowly but surely for 6 years after my pregnancy.

So new more concrete goals I have for the next 6 months: I'll be free from my knee problems (which means so much more than just having problem free knees), and have advanced one more level in my muay thai.

It’s only a matter of time now before you’re beating up people and spitting on them. dance
     Reply #327 - July 22, 2015, 03:23 PM

I dont have the energy to get out of my bed. I just want to sleep.

Reply #328 - July 22, 2015, 03:47 PM

Ince, I know how you feel. I've spent most of this year feeling like that. I still feel like that but you just have to force yourself to escape the catch-22 mindset. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you ever want to talk.

Reply #329 - July 22, 2015, 04:33 PM

Thanks for your emotional availability. I thought you had a reputation to maintain  Tongue
    It's alright. I think things will settle down soon. I hope so.
    These are just fleeting thoughts and emotions. I'll let them be.

Btw, Im glad you are out of that phase, Qtian  Smiley
  • Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 13 14 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »