Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
Today at 01:52 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 09:19 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:43 AM

New Britain
by zeca
July 25, 2024, 10:38 PM

Andy Choudary speaks
July 23, 2024, 12:28 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
July 21, 2024, 08:10 PM

Random Islamic History Po...
by zeca
July 17, 2024, 03:49 PM

What's happened to the fo...
July 14, 2024, 08:59 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
July 13, 2024, 11:22 PM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
July 13, 2024, 11:34 AM

France Muslims were in d...
July 07, 2024, 08:44 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
July 05, 2024, 10:43 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Fitness and Diet thread

(Read 100857 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 14 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Fitness and Diet thread
     Reply #270 - February 02, 2015, 10:21 PM

I love swimming!!

Can barely swim properly, but I love it and I'm teaching myself techniques to improve. I can only do front and back stroke.

I weigh 7st (45kg), my weight has never changed much -always comes back to this. But I'm not too bothered about weight. I'm working on my stamina and strength/general fitness level.

I do home workouts on Saturdays and dance once a week. I cycle about everywhere lol I have muscular thighs.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #271 - February 02, 2015, 10:23 PM

I'm so much happier, sleeping better, better routine, positive outlook, more disciplined and determined to achieve goals.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #272 - February 02, 2015, 10:24 PM

I love swimming too, not in pools though because I find them to be boring.

Swimming in the ocean against an unforgiving current is great  grin12

I got obliterated by a wave in Turkey, I have a video of me literally flying face first into the shoreline lol.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #273 - February 02, 2015, 10:31 PM

Yeah, well let me master the pool firstly lol, then maybe I'll take your challenge

Reply #274 - February 02, 2015, 10:32 PM

And share the video!!

..or it didn't happen. Tongue

Reply #275 - February 02, 2015, 10:39 PM

No chance lol, the impact was such that my trunks almost fell off entirely.

I shall say no more.

Reply #276 - February 03, 2015, 12:08 AM

I love showing up gym show offs.

I was doing 180kg leg presses and this guy wanted to work his sets in with me, so I was like "ok cool". He tried my 180kg set up for a few very half arsed reps and he was like "this is too easy". On his next set I told him to go deeper and try a full range of motion, he couldn't even move the weight from its starting position  Cheesy

God I hate gyms.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #277 - February 03, 2015, 12:11 AM

Mines relatively empty because the new gym in town attracted a good portion of its previous members.

Reply #278 - February 05, 2015, 03:44 PM

I love showing up gym show offs.

I was doing 180kg leg presses and this guy wanted to work his sets in with me, so I was like "ok cool". He tried my 180kg set up for a few very half arsed reps and he was like "this is too easy". On his next set I told him to go deeper and try a full range of motion, he couldn't even move the weight from its starting position  Cheesy

This is one of those things I always laugh about to myself. There are so many people at the gym who don't actually care about being proper fit or strong, just want to move a lot of weight. So they do half reps, using very little range of motion. One of my personal favorites is the ones who do biceps curls with their arms already bent at the elbows, swinging their entire torso to get the barbell or dumbbells moving, using momentum to lift the weight a few inches instead of their arm muscles.

I guess some people just don't know better, but I see it so often and wonder why they don't just do a quick Google search on good form. It would take literally two minutes.
     Reply #279 - February 05, 2015, 03:51 PM

My muscles are completely drained. Today is a rest day. I love Muay Thai! It's aggressive, explosive, and has a lot of kicking and punching.

It's the best decision I've made in a long time.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #280 - February 05, 2015, 04:19 PM

It's aggressive, explosive, and has a lot of kicking and punching.

Sounds like my daily commute

Reply #281 - February 05, 2015, 04:23 PM

I guess some people just don't know better, but I see it so often and wonder why they don't just do a quick Google search on good form. It would take literally two minutes.

I hate being "that guy" but I sometimes have to correct people, because their form is simply dangerous.
    Many Years ago a guy corrected my deadlifts because he injured his back doing the same thing, future benefit outweighs short term ego loss.

Reply #282 - February 05, 2015, 05:59 PM

My arm.

Reply #283 - February 05, 2015, 06:33 PM

One of my personal favourites is the time I witnessed a guy treating the lat pulldown machine as a triceps pushdown.

I was like wtf, the robe cables are literally two feet away from you, but you're using the lat pulldown attachment???

Reply #284 - February 05, 2015, 06:37 PM

Oh and another time this kid was trying to impress a girl by going heavy with a dumbbell, it ended up falling flat on his face.

Reply #285 - February 10, 2015, 12:03 AM

It has been a difficult year in terms of working out since I tore my pectoral.

However, my chest has finally caught up with the rest of my physique...it looks nice.

Reply #286 - June 03, 2015, 11:53 PM

As I'm trying to shift a bit of weight, I'm bringing this thread back. Post people.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #287 - June 04, 2015, 01:05 AM

Find something active that you really like doing. Then just do it consistently, come hell or high water.

That's the way it was with me and soccer towards the end of the semester, and the pounds just melted off.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #288 - June 04, 2015, 02:39 AM

I still vouch for parkour tag. Nothing is more motivating than chasing little kids -who are mocking you because of your age.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #289 - June 04, 2015, 03:11 AM

I've been meaning to bring this thread back to life.

I've recently gotten into swimming and am doing a challenge of working up my way towards swimming a mile. Really enjoying the progress.
     Reply #290 - June 05, 2015, 01:24 AM

We started Kick The Can today. I taught all the neighborhood children how to play. It's not an intense workout, but loads of fun.  I think I like nearly anything with sprinting.

Reply #291 - June 05, 2015, 01:39 AM

I think I like nearly anything with sprinting.

We have to play sometime.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #292 - June 06, 2015, 01:17 AM

Sure. Just don't cry when I win.

Reply #293 - June 06, 2015, 02:31 AM

Smiley

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #294 - June 06, 2015, 07:19 PM

It's an announcement I have to make before neighborhood games. Mostly because my own kids get offended when I win.

Reply #295 - June 07, 2015, 09:57 PM

I just had burger and chocolate. I'll get into those jeans again.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #296 - July 10, 2015, 03:50 PM

As I'm trying to shift a bit of weight, I'm bringing this thread back. Post people.

Back at the gym, I've started grip training too.  Four day split: chest/biceps, shoulders/triceps, legs and back. Grip training three times a day.

Trying to cut to 170lbs. I was 196 the last time I posted, I'm 182 now. After cutting, I'm going to take part in the insanity workout. After that, probably more martial arts with a hopeful dash of wrestling though I may take up bjj instead or I may scrap that idea and stick to just kickboxing for the time being.

Reply #297 - July 11, 2015, 08:21 PM

I just came across this website, you guys might find it useful: https://www.fitnessblender.com/

Reply #298 - July 11, 2015, 08:24 PM

Intense weightlifting seriously helps me when I'm going through a depression. The downside is that my body now regularly demands the sort of release that it offers me. I feel extra shit on days off from the gym :/

Reply #299 - July 11, 2015, 08:53 PM

So I've been training with a heavy hand grip, it provides 40kg (88lbs) of tension. I thought that my grip was strong until I saw a professional strongman closing a 150kg hand grip. That's like crushing a fucking brick in your hand.

• Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 14 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »