Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: So...here it goes....I'm abz from Oz...how ya goin'?

(Read 23278 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: So...here it goes....I'm abz from Oz...how ya goin'?
     Reply #150 - July 18, 2010, 05:32 AM

Not surprising but the chances of her dating someone outside her culture is quite low anyway

My great grandfather got chased out of hargeysa town because he wanted to get with a somali woman....she may have been Isaaq (I'll have to check). They literally chased him out of town lol. By Allah, I'm gonna fulfil his dream for him!

lol

I think I've been blocked by every muslim-ish women I've hit on. Cos I try to probe how religious they *really* are by making kind of borderline sexual comments - comments a kafir-at-heart would laugh off and not mind.. lets just say this somali girl was no kafir-at-heart. Cheesy

Hate it when that happens. Especially when there's little to no sign of her being religious from the outset and she plays along then bam...her muslim sensibilities kick in and it's no fun for her anymore. Islam is a party-pooper like that. Smiley

On the arab thing, the horn of africa is a meeting place of different cultures. Ethiopia itself has several semetic languages that are similar to Arabic; Ge'ez (defunct), Amharic, Tigrigna, Guraghe, Hararian, etc.

Ethiopian (Axumite) kings ruled Yemen in the past for many centuries, the story of the Al-fil in the qu'ran, along with other traditions (al akhdam) point to much in the way of cultural interaction. Muhammad and his gang sought asylum from the quraysh, acompanied with many of their relatives and friends of these relatives, many of their gravesites are visible today in Northern Ethiopia (Tigray).

The interaction is seen mainly with people situated along the coast, ie. Eritrea, Djibouti, etc. You have arabic-speaking tribes there as well as yemenis that have lived there for millenia. I personally had many yemeni friends during my time in Djibouti.

I think there's a certain resentment reserved for Arabs because of previous attempts at dominance and influence in the region....and I know for a fact there's a concious effort to preserve native African cultures so we don't just become another 'balad aswadan' if you know what I mean.

I personally dislike the Arab influence on East Africa in so far as it wasn't just 'culture' but a religion/dogma that came with it, which, when codified in a series of texts becomes just about unshakable to remove and progress from. Practices and attitudes of nomadic bedouins that have no place in East Africa had been adopted as a norm among some tribes, which is a massive tragedy in my eyes.

That same trend of arabization can be seen among berbers and modern-day Sudan as well, although I don't think it's been nearly as successful in the horn of africa, thankfully. The Indian ocean slave trade (and legitimization offered by Islam) wouldn't have helped remove the sour taste from African mouths either.   

Putting aside the past though, on a hman level I'm quite grateful and proud of the Horn's diversity (which includes Arabs) and just hope a secular, productive society can emerge there some day. We just need people to shed their religious dogma.   

A bit of Ethiopian Eye candy for the lads. Kept it Safe for work as well!

Something more traditional

Reply #151 - July 18, 2010, 05:55 AM

Would an MD mind lending me their credentials? I need to explore these womens anatomy repeatedly. grin12

Musa, mihi causas memora, quo numine laeso,
    quidve dolens, regina deum tot volvere casus
    insignem pietate virum, tot adire labores               
    impulerit. Tantaene animis caelestibus irae?

-the Aeneid
     Reply #152 - July 18, 2010, 05:59 AM

make one up
    put on a niqab... or whatever
    and go to work as a gynecologist
    this idea goes rather well in the banned scarf topic

Sex booze and rock&roll
    you know
    the finer things in life
     Reply #153 - July 18, 2010, 08:31 AM

My great grandfather got chased out of hargeysa town because he wanted to get with a somali woman....she may have been Isaaq (I'll have to check). They literally chased him out of town lol. By Allah, I'm gonna fulfil his dream for him!

Hate it when that happens. Especially when there's little to no sign of her being religious from the outset and she plays along then bam...her muslim sensibilities kick in and it's no fun for her anymore. Islam is a party-pooper like that. Smiley

On the arab thing, the horn of africa is a meeting place of different cultures. Ethiopia itself has several semetic languages that are similar to Arabic; Ge'ez (defunct), Amharic, Tigrigna, Guraghe, Hararian, etc.

Ethiopian (Axumite) kings ruled Yemen in the past for many centuries, the story of the Al-fil in the qu'ran, along with other traditions (al akhdam) point to much in the way of cultural interaction. Muhammad and his gang sought asylum from the quraysh, acompanied with many of their relatives and friends of these relatives, many of their gravesites are visible today in Northern Ethiopia (Tigray).

The interaction is seen mainly with people situated along the coast, ie. Eritrea, Djibouti, etc. You have arabic-speaking tribes there as well as yemenis that have lived there for millenia. I personally had many yemeni friends during my time in Djibouti.

I think there's a certain resentment reserved for Arabs because of previous attempts at dominance and influence in the region....and I know for a fact there's a concious effort to preserve native African cultures so we don't just become another 'balad aswadan' if you know what I mean.

I personally dislike the Arab influence on East Africa in so far as it wasn't just 'culture' but a religion/dogma that came with it, which, when codified in a series of texts becomes just about unshakable to remove and progress from. Practices and attitudes of nomadic bedouins that have no place in East Africa had been adopted as a norm among some tribes, which is a massive tragedy in my eyes.

That same trend of arabization can be seen among berbers and modern-day Sudan as well, although I don't think it's been nearly as successful in the horn of africa, thankfully. The Indian ocean slave trade (and legitimization offered by Islam) wouldn't have helped remove the sour taste from African mouths either.   

Putting aside the past though, on a hman level I'm quite grateful and proud of the Horn's diversity (which includes Arabs) and just hope a secular, productive society can emerge there some day. We just need people to shed their religious dogma.   

A bit of Ethiopian Eye candy for the lads. Kept it Safe for work as well!

(Clicky for piccy!)

(Clicky for piccy!)

(Clicky for piccy!)

(Clicky for piccy!)

Something more traditional

(Clicky for piccy!)

Who is that first girl? She is gorgeous.
     Reply #154 - July 18, 2010, 08:55 AM

That would be Liya Kebede, a supermodel from Addis Abeba.

Reply #155 - July 18, 2010, 09:56 AM

You may be PURE AFRICAN( I don't know what it is) but I was under the impression that Somalis are Mixed race., corrct me if I am wrong..

Bollocks.. they are cushites and far more genetically similar to Egyptians and even Greeks than Arabs

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #156 - July 18, 2010, 10:01 AM

Would an MD mind lending me their credentials? I need to explore these womens anatomy repeatedly. grin12

"I am no professional gynecologist...... just a gifted amateur. "

Forgot who came up with it,,,

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

Reply #157 - July 18, 2010, 01:12 PM

yeezevee  says
    You may be PURE AFRICAN( I don't know what it is) but I was under the impression that Somalis are Mixed race., corrct me if I am wrong..

ras111  responds :
      Bollocks.. they are cushites and far more genetically similar to Egyptians and even Greeks than Arabs

What is bollocks  ras111?  you mean balls?  lol 

What is so bollocks about Cushites and far more genetically similar to Egyptians and even Greeks than Arabs?

well that means.,   Cushites of Ethiopia have origins of Egyptians and even Greeks than Arabs

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #158 - July 18, 2010, 01:20 PM

ras111  responds :
    What is bollocks  ras111?  you mean balls?  lol 

What is so bollocks about Cushites and far more genetically similar to Egyptians and even Greeks than Arabs?

well that means.,   Cushites of Ethiopia have origins of Egyptians and even Greeks than Arabs

Yes it refers to the balls and means utter bullshit..  I was actually stressing the point that the Somalis were Cushites and far more genetically similar to the Egyptians and Greeks than Arabs.  What I mean to say is that Egyptians, Greeks and Cushites come from the same genetic stock.

Reply #159 - July 18, 2010, 05:30 PM

Cheesy
    Good luck

Over here it is generally those Somalis who do not wear a headscarf and who look outwardly modern that tend to be the most strict.
    Those in hijabs tend to be the ones with the most fun (because they are more likely to have a more strict upbringing at home)

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #160 - July 18, 2010, 05:30 PM

That would be Liya Kebede, a supermodel from Addis Abeba.

(Clicky for piccy!)

Ethiopian girls are beautiful.

Representing East Africa  Afro

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #161 - July 18, 2010, 06:11 PM

I'd love to make love to an EA girl one day, their hair is so sexy.  Can't do it in my country though because it's inappropriate given our situation and chances are that I'll have my face redecorated if I do.

Reply #162 - July 19, 2010, 02:36 PM

What do you mean inappropriate? And why would you get your ass kicked? Is racism that bad in Malta?
     Reply #163 - July 19, 2010, 02:58 PM

I'd love to make love to an EA girl one day, their hair is so sexy.  Can't do it in my country though because it's inappropriate given our situation and chances are that I'll have my face redecorated if I do.

Shit is it that bad?
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6« Previous thread | Next thread »