Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Greetings

(Read 18284 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Greetings
     Reply #60 - July 13, 2010, 12:49 PM

How do you marry these statements from the same post together?

Because from the below it appears that you do not care if people choose a belief system that is harmful in one way or another?

I don't care if people choose to be religionists.

I never said Islam was entirely harmless

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #61 - July 13, 2010, 12:50 PM

But where I live, in the West, most Muslims do not really believe in the traditional, orthodox understanding of Islam, in which Shari'ah must take precedence over all other law, apostates must be killed, critics must be silenced, and offensive warfare must be waged in order to expand the reach of the Caliphate. I have absolutely no problem speaking against such an ideology.

But Muslims who are without this Medieval mindset, I couldn't care less.

That is true NOT ONLY in west but also in East., The problem in east is  the political power is in the hands of those who believe in the traditional, orthodox understanding of Islam. Or at least they are strongly supported by the state. So the difference is who has that political power.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #62 - July 13, 2010, 12:52 PM

Guys, have you heard of diplomacy? Seriously, the guy has come here for debate, just let him settle in for a bit before you jump on him, and we do not know what his understanding of Islam is yet.
     Reply #63 - July 13, 2010, 12:54 PM

But where I live, in the West, most Muslims do not really believe in the traditional, orthodox understanding of Islam, in which Shari'ah must take precedence over all other law, apostates must be killed, critics must be silenced, and offensive warfare must be waged in order to expand the reach of the Caliphate. I have absolutely no problem speaking against such an ideology.

Really?  I thought you lived in the UK?  Let me tell you that the majority of people who you see walking into a mosque on Fridays, whilst they may not believe in the extreme laws you just quoted (althought Anjem Choudreys lot will), they do believe in things like non-equal right for women, against homosexuality, shariah law etc.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #64 - July 13, 2010, 12:54 PM

People are disagreeing for the following reasons

1: He came to a forum where people have religious debates
    2: He asked what we thought of Islam

If that doesn't qualify for a "Why do you believe it's true" discussion then I don't know what does Smiley

Good for them.

1: Just because we have debates here does not mean that we must debate every Muslim that comes here at the earliest possible opportunity.

2: That may translate to you as 'Please argue me out of my belief in Islam,' but it does not to me.

The last word is yours.
     Reply #65 - July 13, 2010, 12:56 PM

How do you marry these statements from the same post together?

Because from the below it appears that you do not care if people choose a belief system that is harmful in one way or another?

Choosing to belong to a religion does not mean that one will adopt the most malignant possible interpretation of it. You yourself were a Muslim but I doubt you were of the same ilk as Hizb ut-Tahreer or Jama'at al-Islamiyya.
     Reply #66 - July 13, 2010, 12:57 PM

Honestly i think all religions on earth is sent by God but where later corrupted.

Islam is the only religion that made sense to me

Here are two scenarios

1: All religions are from God but were later corrupted by man.
    2: All religions were made by man and were later corrupted by man.

We have evidence to support scenario 2.  The case of Joseph Smith who made up his own religion based on Christianity and Islam, and the case of L Ron Hubbard who created scientology which later became a religion.  There are also other recent cases: Google "John Frum and the Cargo Cults".  So in these examples we see both old religions being modified AND evidence of new religions being created by man, yet we don't observe a single instance of a divine being presenting us with a religion (only accounts of this via the religion itself.)

What evidence do you have for scenario 1?  Keep in mind that Scientology claims to have been revealed by some super-human entity, so the writings of the religion's book itself is not proof that the contents of the book are genuine.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #67 - July 13, 2010, 12:59 PM

The last word is yours.

There are a few Muslims on here and I don't try to argue them out of their beliefs, my position is based on physical evidence and reasoned logic so I do not require a majority corroboration in order to feel that I have the correct stance.  But if someone asks for my opinion of Islam then they are most welcome to the answer Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #68 - July 13, 2010, 01:00 PM

I have already picked the red one. when i converted to Islam from Hinduism.

Something gets my goat when a hindu converts Flaming mad

If you ask me to define anything i will slap you with my pimp hand and make you cry like a biatch.

Nick Naylor: "I didn't have to. I proved that you're wrong, and if you're wrong I'm right."~ Thank you for Smoking

Perspective
     Reply #69 - July 13, 2010, 01:00 PM

Not entirely sure what you mean by that. Please explain.

If you want to argue with people then fine. Speaking personally though, I really don't care about arguing with people if they keep it to themselves. If they start talking crap though, then I'll argue with them.

I'm all for writing books that criticise religion. I just don't think it's entirely polite or necessary to argue with religious people about their beliefs all the time. Best just leave them to it, unless they advance some ridiculous claim.

I don't really care about arguing people out of their beliefs unless they start talking BS about how atheism means that eating babies is a-ok or that the Qur'an contains scientific miracles. But I couldn't care less about proselytising for atheism or agnosticism.

What I meant was it should be 'LIVE AND LET LIVE' from both the sides. Agreeing to disagree like decent human beings with no malice or hatred. BTW i have found a like minded person! dance dance

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #70 - July 13, 2010, 01:01 PM

That is true NOT ONLY in west but also in East., The problem in east is  the political power is in the hands of those who believe in the traditional, orthodox understanding of Islam. Or at least they are strongly supported by the state. So the difference is who has that political power.

I've got no problem at all with attacking political Islamist Maududi-types. We're not arguing against each other here, Yeezevee.
     Reply #71 - July 13, 2010, 01:02 PM

Let me put this picture of that Mohamed Nazim  of Maldives here

And that is little fucking country where a well armed 200 people can beat all of them ...

and also let add a letter of 15 year old girl from Egypt..  2009  news clip..

Girl Appeals to Obama to Help Ex-Muslim Father

The 15-year-old daughter of well-known Egyptian convert Maher el-Gohary has written a letter appealing to President Obama to help her father who is in danger of being murdered or imprisoned for becoming a Christian.
    Related

Dina el-Gohary, who also converted from Islam to Christianity, has been on the run and living in hiding with her father, who is the second Egyptian to legally request to change his religious status.

In her handwritten letter in Arabic, posted on Coptic Web sites, she writes:

“Mr. President Obama, we are a minority in Egypt. We are treated very badly. You said that the Muslim minority in America are treated very well, so why are we not treated here likewise? We are imprisoned in our own home because Muslim clerics called for the murder of my father, and now the Government has set for us a new prison, we are imprisoned in our own country," according to a translation posted by the Assyrian International News Agency (AINA).

The Egyptian girl asked President Obama to mediate with the Egyptian government on their behalf.

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times earlier this year, Maher el-Gohary said he and his daughter live like “fugitives,” moving every few months.

As one of Egypt’s most well-known converts, the el-Gohary’s cannot walk freely on the streets for fear of being identified by Muslim extremists. Friends provide the family with food.

“I'm not so much afraid of the government anymore,” el-Gohary told the Times in August. “It's conservative Muslims who worry me. Some of them believe whoever kills me is rewarded. When I go to court, I'm surrounded by police protection."

El-Gohary, 57, accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior secretly 35 years ago. But in August 2008, the Muslim-born Egyptian filed a lawsuit to legally change his identification to Christian. It was the country’s second lawsuit ever related to religious status.

In June 2009, however, a Cairo judge rejected his petition even after el-Gohary provided a baptism certificate and a letter of acceptance into the Coptic Orthodox Church as the court had demanded.

Since filing the suit last year, the father and daughter have been living in hiding. Several Muslim clerics have labeled him an apostate and have issued fatwas calling for “spilling his blood,” according to AINA.

The el-Gohary family tried to leave Egypt, but was barred in September without any legal reasons.

El-Gohary has appealed the court decision regarding his religious identification. He has also said he is willing to give up his Egyptian nationality in order to leave Egypt, according to AINA.

“If the Egyptian nationality is the cause of my imprisonment within my home and being unable to move, then I do not want it,” he said. El-Gohary said he'd rather hold any other nationality than stay in Egypt where he said he and his daughter are "suffering imprisonment within the walls of my apartment and without any freedom.”

Forget Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Indonesia,  Sudan, Somalia, I WISH TO SEE ONE country in west become like that Maldives or Egypt  or at least  Turkey , then see enjoy the show..

I am goddamn sadist....

Reply #72 - July 13, 2010, 01:03 PM

What I meant was it should be 'LIVE AND LET LIVE' from both the sides. Agreeing to disagree like decent human beings with no malice or hatred. BTW i have found a like minded person! dance dance

Absolutely. I never said anything that contradicted that. And If I said anything that seemed to, then it wasn't intentional.
     Reply #73 - July 13, 2010, 01:05 PM

I WISH TO SEE ONE country in west become like that Maldives or Egypt  or at least  Turkey , then see enjoy the show..

I am goddamn sadist....

I certainly don't. Although, have you heard about the increasing Salafist influence in the predominantly Muslim regions in the Balkans?
     Reply #74 - July 13, 2010, 01:12 PM

I certainly don't. Although, have you heard about the increasing Salafist influence in the predominantly Muslim regions in the Balkans?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am sorry Zebedee., I am like this drunk trying to ride wild crocodile   http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asia_pacific/10611973.stm   writing rubbish today..

Reply #75 - July 13, 2010, 01:14 PM

Something gets my goat when a hindu converts Flaming mad

Muslims are supposed to be very fond of goats! rofl rofl

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Reply #76 - July 13, 2010, 01:24 PM

Angry

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #77 - July 13, 2010, 01:51 PM

i think you guys scared him away
     Reply #78 - July 13, 2010, 02:12 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am sorry Zebedee., I am like this drunk trying to ride wild crocodile   http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asia_pacific/10611973.stm   writing rubbish today..

LOL! I just heard about that.

Really?  I thought you lived in the UK?  Let me tell you that the majority of people who you see walking into a mosque on Fridays, whilst they may not believe in the extreme laws you just quoted (althought Anjem Choudreys lot will), they do believe in things like non-equal right for women, against homosexuality, shariah law etc.

I do live in the UK.

And I see nothing wrong with challenging people who believe in the less savoury aspects of traditional Shariah.
     Reply #79 - July 13, 2010, 06:40 PM

dance dance That's what should be done to his mentor,the one and only ' Dr' Zakir Naik, too, instead of banning him.That guy's modus operandi is to bedazzle the audience by his 'awesome' memory power and appear to be doing a serious comparative study of religions, magnanimously state all religions are GOD sent, hence valid. But,but.... they have been corrupted by man, only Islam has escaped this so called corruption hence Islam is the only true religion left in this world, so mate what are you waiting for? You just can't resist converting to this great religion! rofl rofl rofl
    Scratch the surface and you see a Wahabi hiding underneath.                                                                                                                                                                                             It's a cruel joke of nature that some saudis have way too much money, much more than what's good for them. Even as they spend money on expensive whores, gambling etc. they don't forget their duty towards religion, by exporting their brand of Islam abroad and radicalizing the hitherto sane moderate Muslims. Arab hegemony in the name of Islam, plain and simple.

Thomas Paine

Reply #80 - July 13, 2010, 06:49 PM

I have already picked the red one. when i converted to Islam from Hinduism.

Ah, I see the problem - colour blindness.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #81 - July 13, 2010, 06:53 PM

+1

If you ask me to define anything i will slap you with my pimp hand and make you cry like a biatch.

Nick Naylor: "I didn't have to. I proved that you're wrong, and if you're wrong I'm right."~ Thank you for Smoking

Perspective
     Reply #82 - July 13, 2010, 06:58 PM

kope-- is that you, buddy?

fuck you
     Reply #83 - July 13, 2010, 10:37 PM

Welcome to the Forum
     Reply #84 - July 13, 2010, 10:47 PM

Welcome AbbasAli   Smiley  hope your stay in the forum is a pleasant one!  Some VERY wonderful people
    from all backgrounds and localities here.  Theres plenty of threads to explore, and hope you dont
    get offended easily.  Nevertheless pull up a chair and a cup of tea!

ghost

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #85 - July 14, 2010, 07:51 PM

Found the forum too hot for his liking perhaps! Roll Eyes

Thomas Paine

• Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »