The CEMB is asking for donations.
With your donation - however small or for that matter large - we can begin to further professionalise the organisation and carry out life-saving and crucial work, such as:
* Provide support to atheist freethinking ex-Muslims by breaking the taboo that comes with renouncing Islam and religion but also to provide access to services, resources and information for those who fear for their lives.
Does this apply to atheists and freethinkers only? What if someone converts to another religion?
* Document and highlight the status of ex-Muslims.
* Respond and challenge the political Islamic movement.
* Campaign against the political Islamic movement, sharia law and in defence of rights, free expression, and secularism.
Elaboration needed. What form will this take?
* Create a regular publication and annual report to inform members, supporters, media and the public about activities, campaigns and positions.
I like the sound of this. I would like to subscribe to such a publication.
* Work closely with kindred organisations and others on issues of mutual concern.
Elaboration again. Which organisations?
* Facilitate the establishment of Councils of Ex-Muslims internationally. Right now we have already had requests from the USA, Canada, Australia, and other European countries but have been unable to meet the demand for assistance and support and more…
If a council of ex muslims exists here there is every reason it should in other places and I support the council to that end. The other highlighted points could do with being explained further though.