Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: DONATIONS

(Read 18935 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • DONATIONS
     OP - January 31, 2008, 12:07 PM

Hi
    CEMB now has the ability to receive donations via our website:

Please give generously.

Please note - CEMB can now accept donations via PAYPAL. Smiley

Thanks in advance.
  • Re: DONATIONS
     Reply #1 - January 31, 2008, 12:09 PM

We need to set up the donate feature in the forum too, thanks for the reminder. Smiley

Myself and Osmnathus just paid a whopping £100 to Matt from our own money, for use of the server and the rest that Matt has done for us, so it will be a while yet before I can donate anymore.  Kiss

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #2 - January 31, 2008, 12:31 PM

We need to set up the donate feature in the forum too, thanks for the reminder. Smiley

Myself and Osmnathus just paid a whopping £100 to Matt from our own money, for use of the server and the rest that Matt has done for us, so it will be a while yet before I can donate anymore.  Kiss

Hi Berbs,
    You and your fellow moderators are all doing a grand job!
    I will propose to the CEMB committee that we help fund this forum so that you are re-imbursed for your expenses.  I'm sure I can get the committee to agree to this especially if ALL THE POSTERS TO THIS FORUM DONATE GENEROUSLY AT THE ABOVE LINK!!!

Z
     Reply #3 - January 31, 2008, 08:38 PM

Personally I'm not fussed about the money I threw in but as Burbles said I can't donate any more for a while.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #4 - February 01, 2008, 06:46 AM

You should get a paypal account too.
     Reply #5 - February 01, 2008, 08:55 AM

You should get a paypal account too.

I assume you mean that the CEMB should arrange to also allow payments through PayPal. I agree.
    It's a good system. We used it to send the money to Matt. It works very well and the fees are minimal.

Reply #6 - February 04, 2008, 11:36 PM

You can also send money anonymously via Paypal if you set up a business account with a fake name.

Reply #7 - April 28, 2008, 01:25 PM

You can also send money anonymously via Paypal if you set up a business account with a fake name.

Ming say, unless you dealing with Paypallah Afghanistone Corp., your account be deleted/frozen for money laundering.  finmad

Make Poverty History.
    Kill All Poor People. Cheesy
     Reply #8 - April 28, 2008, 01:26 PM

Ming say, Ming going to donate every month money to buy 10 buckets to Yak milk.  Smiley

Make Poverty History.
    Kill All Poor People. Cheesy
     Reply #9 - May 01, 2008, 09:45 PM

can you donate via pay-pal?
     Reply #10 - May 02, 2008, 10:23 PM

The Council donation page uses WorldPay, which I'm not familiar with.
    Rants'n'Raves (which provides hosting for our forum) uses PayPal.

So if you want to donate directly to the Council the answer is no.
    If you only want to contribute directly to the costs of the forum itself the answer is yes.

Reply #11 - May 02, 2008, 10:27 PM

The Council donation page uses WorldPay, which I'm not familiar with.
    Rants'n'Raves (which provides hosting for our forum) uses PayPal.

So if you want to donate directly to the Council the answer is no.
    If you only want to contribute directly to the costs of the forum itself the answer is yes.

Too late now... Spent my money on funding my own site... Kinda struggling... Need active members.
     Reply #12 - July 03, 2008, 10:12 AM

The CEMB is asking for donations.

With your donation - however small or for that matter large - we can begin to further professionalise the organisation and carry out life-saving and crucial work, such as:
    * Provide support to atheist freethinking ex-Muslims by breaking the taboo that comes with renouncing Islam and religion but also to provide access to services, resources and information for those who fear for their lives.

Does this apply to atheists and freethinkers only? What if someone converts to another religion?

* Document and highlight the status of ex-Muslims.

Agreed.

* Respond and challenge the political Islamic movement.
    * Campaign against the political Islamic movement, sharia law and in defence of rights, free expression, and secularism.

Elaboration needed. What form will this take?

* Create a regular publication and annual report to inform members, supporters, media and the public about activities, campaigns and positions.

I like the sound of this. I would like to subscribe to such a publication.

* Work closely with kindred organisations and others on issues of mutual concern.

Elaboration again. Which organisations?

* Facilitate the establishment of Councils of Ex-Muslims internationally. Right now we have already had requests from the USA, Canada, Australia, and other European countries but have been unable to meet the demand for assistance and support and more…

If a council of ex muslims exists here there is every reason it should in other places and I support the council to that end. The other highlighted points could do with being explained further though.

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
     Reply #13 - July 03, 2008, 10:45 AM

The CEMB is asking for donations.

With your donation - however small or for that matter large - we can begin to further professionalise the organisation and carry out life-saving and crucial work, such as:
    * Provide support to atheist freethinking ex-Muslims by breaking the taboo that comes with renouncing Islam and religion but also to provide access to services, resources and information for those who fear for their lives.

Does this apply to atheists and freethinkers only? What if someone converts to another religion?

Although we are sympathetic to ex-muslims who convert to other religions our focus is on atheists, humanists and freethinkers.  The main reason for this is that those other religions should be able to support any ex-muslims joining them.

* Respond and challenge the political Islamic movement.
    * Campaign against the political Islamic movement, sharia law and in defence of rights, free expression, and secularism.

Elaboration needed. What form will this take?

This will involve holding events, press releases, lobbying of MPs etc.  Please see the ex-muslim.org.uk website for more information.

* Work closely with kindred organisations and others on issues of mutual concern.

Elaboration again. Which organisations?

We are working closely with the British Humanist Association, the National Secular Society, The International Humanist and Ethical Society, The South Place Ethical Society, etc.   

Please visit the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain website at www.ex-muslim.org.uk for more information
     Reply #14 - July 03, 2008, 11:08 AM

Although we are sympathetic to ex-muslims who convert to other religions our focus is on atheists, humanists and freethinkers.  The main reason for this is that those other religions should be able to support any ex-muslims joining them.

But how do you determine whether you support someone or not? Do you evaluate their beliefs before you do so? Someone could be easily not an atheist and be more in need of help, in greater danger than someone who is in the category you focus on. I think it depends on individual circumstance.

This will involve holding events, press releases, lobbying of MPs etc.  Please see the ex-muslim.org.uk website for more information.

What kinds of issues will the CEMB lobby on? What kind of events do you want to hold?

We are working closely with the British Humanist Association, the National Secular Society, The International Humanist and Ethical Society, The South Place Ethical Society, etc.

I approve of those but
    Please visit the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain website at www.ex-muslim.org.uk for more information

Not very informative.

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
     Reply #15 - July 03, 2008, 11:16 AM

Hi 3rd camp,
    Unfortunately I do not have enough time to do your questions justice just now (as I'm at work!).  My advice would be for you to come along to the CEMB party (if you're in UK) on Saturday 5th July and I'm sure we'll be able to give you all the information you require.
    Hope to see you there.
    Zia
     Reply #16 - November 12, 2008, 05:07 PM

Get pay-pal, give me a few months, and I will try to donate a large sum, of which 50% has to be donated back to an email I provide, but if anyone asks you don't know who donated. 
     Reply #17 - November 12, 2008, 05:09 PM

why don't you just not donate that half then? i don't see how money can be put in an email...

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #18 - November 12, 2008, 05:57 PM

why don't you just not donate that half then? i don't see how money can be put in an email...

pay-pal, you pay money to an email add via a pay-pal. It's just better to keep transferring money as, I have slight problems,my account is going through a fraud investigation, as someone put some money into my account which I didn't know anything about.
     Reply #19 - November 12, 2008, 06:18 PM

as someone put some money into my account which I didn't know anything about.

Damn, I hate it when that happens  Smiley

Life is a sexually transmitted disease which is invariably fatal.
     Reply #20 - October 27, 2010, 07:58 PM

Is it possible to donate online?
     Reply #21 - October 27, 2010, 08:04 PM

lol. Tut is such a troll.  Cheesy Fraud investigation, my ass.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #22 - October 27, 2010, 08:08 PM

I asked Oz this but suspect he's busy to not get a reply. Admins please advise, thanks.
     Reply #23 - October 27, 2010, 08:53 PM

How is that trolling? My paypal account was under investigation, even my bank account was too recently. Sometimes, I just find money in there which I don't know jack about.
     Reply #24 - October 27, 2010, 09:26 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #25 - October 27, 2010, 09:31 PM

How is that trolling? My paypal account was under investigation, even my bank account was too recently. Sometimes, I just find money in there which I don't know jack about.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

How come all this weird shit keeps happening to you? Money randomly making its way into your account.  whistling2

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »