Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: TheRationalizer Vs MRasheed - Comments

(Read 18997 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: TheRationalizer Vs MRasheed - Comments
     Reply #30 - July 13, 2010, 03:13 PM

I was briefly responding to the "self-doubt" post by osmanthus.  I'll have your response in another couple of days or so.  I'm on a tight deadline with a client, trying to clean-up and color some digital art while I keep an eye on all my favorite message board forum discussions.  Please be patient.

Reply #31 - July 13, 2010, 03:16 PM

I was briefly responding to the "self-doubt" post by osmanthus.  I'll have your response in another couple of days or so.  I'm on a tight deadline with a client, trying to clean-up and color some digital art while I keep an eye on all my favorite message board forum discussions.  Please be patient.

That's okay, I am in no rush.  I just wanted to make sure you stayed on track.

I like your art work by the way - what do you use to draw / animate it?

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #32 - July 13, 2010, 03:21 PM

I create the raw drawings using traditional materials (ink, pen, marker) and do clean-up in photoshop and either assemble pages in acrobat or animate in flash.

Reply #33 - July 13, 2010, 03:23 PM

I tried anim studio pro for a while - wasn't very good for story line anims, especially when you want to chop/change it all around a bit.

Reply #34 - July 13, 2010, 03:31 PM

Flash was pleasantly easy to navigate thanks to its Adobe layers palette powers.  I'm all about that right now.  I do want to finish my Monsters 101 graphic novel series (final Book Ten set for a 2010 pub date) before I start getting really heavy into animation like I'd planned though.

Reply #35 - July 13, 2010, 03:34 PM

I tried after effects more recently.  It's very powerful but unfortunately the 3D in it is only 2D objects in 3D space so that disappointed me :(

I have "Nuke" on my to-do list next.

Reply #36 - July 13, 2010, 03:36 PM

I'm no where near getting started with 3D.  I'll probably take a class to acclimate myself to it at some point.  I have seen some 3D work of peers that made it look very cool, just not cool enough to make me want to rush out and do it yet.  lol

"2D objects in 3D space" actually sounds cool though.  Like Paper Mario?  

Reply #37 - July 13, 2010, 03:38 PM

I'm no where near getting started with 3D.  I'll probably take a class to acclimate myself to it at some point.  I have seen some 3D work of peers that made it look very cool, just not cool enough to make me want to rush out and do it yet.  lol

"2D objects in 3D space" actually sounds cool though.  Like Paper Mario?  

Like SouthPark Smiley

Reply #38 - July 13, 2010, 03:45 PM

South Park still looks like it has 2D backgrounds though.  Paper Mario looks like you can reach in and pick the characters up.  South Park characters don't give that impression.

Remember that relatively recent Legend of Zelda game where link was all cute and cartoony looking?  Wasn't that an example of "2D objects in 3D space?"

Reply #39 - July 13, 2010, 03:48 PM

Basically it's just 2D shapes positioned in 3D space, like little cutouts.  I've not seen paper mario or Legend of Zelda.

Reply #40 - July 13, 2010, 03:50 PM

Why does the South Park 3D backgrounds look so flat?

I probably just don't watch it enough.  To be fair I've only seen a few episodes.  In my memory it looks flat.  grin12

Reply #41 - July 13, 2010, 03:52 PM

SouthPark uses Maya.  They deliberately make it look flat so that it looks like stop animation with cut out figures.

Reply #42 - July 13, 2010, 03:53 PM

Oh, I see.

Reply #43 - July 13, 2010, 04:32 PM

'patient perseverance' issue

what does this mean?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #44 - July 13, 2010, 04:38 PM

It means that even if you can't convince yourself of an iota of it, you have to keep believing just because... even though you don't believe it any way and so therefore there's no need to persist in the charade.
     Reply #45 - July 13, 2010, 04:47 PM

What?  Like if I tell Rasheed to believe me, but its far better painting by using your toes.  

** Meanwhile Rasheed is getting very frustrated at his mishaps on the canvas with his sweaty toes.

Keep trying, soon you will be able to be able to create works of international fame using this method.

Right you are Sir, Mr Rasheed said.  He spent his hours, months, years trying, he couldnt explain why, but he knew, just knew, Islame was right. He spent his whole life frustrated, desperately trying but getting nowhere.  Cry

50 generations later, children learned about the year 2000s and all the Abrahmic religions their ancestors believed in.  

They also learned that Islame was a bot, not a real person like Mr Rasheed thought  grin12

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #46 - July 13, 2010, 04:55 PM

What?  Like if I tell Rasheed to believe me, but its far better painting by using your toes. 

** Meanwhile Rasheed is getting very frustrated at his mishaps on the canvas with his sweaty toes.

Keep trying, soon you will be able to be able to create works of international fame using this method.

Right you are Sir, Mr Rasheed said.  He spent his whole life lying, he couldnt explain why, but he knew, just knew, Islame was right. He spent his whole life frustrated, desperately trying but getting nowhere.  Cry

50 generations later, children learned about the year 2000s and all the Abrahmic religions their ancestors believed in. 

They also learned that Islame was a bot, not a real person like Mr Rasheed thought  grin12

That's a work of art, Islame.
     Reply #47 - July 14, 2010, 01:22 PM

Things always turn out better than I initially had wished so then I end up feeling like a goob for now trusting completely in God and freaking out.  And then I get tested with it again and, despite the manner examples from before, I end up freaking out again.

'Patient Perseverance' has always been my personal spiritual test; that's the one I need to master that I may be fully true in faith.

Reply #48 - July 14, 2010, 01:39 PM

Things always turn out better than I initially had wished so then I end up feeling like a goob for now trusting completely in God and freaking out.

You know that's exactly what I have always done.  My wife has always commented on how "Jammy" (fortunate) I am.  It was like that all of my life, so when everything goes well for you it's easy to believe that.  Then one day the most awful thing happens in your life and you realise that all of that good fortune was nothing in comparison, and it dawns on you that it was your circumstances that made you fortunate and not "god" - try living in a country rife with civil war and feeling fortunate, it's a lot harder.

Reply #49 - July 14, 2010, 03:08 PM

Things always turn out better than I initially had wished so then I end up feeling like a goob for now trusting completely in God and freaking out.  And then I get tested with it again and, despite the manner examples from before, I end up freaking out again.

'Patient Perseverance' has always been my personal spiritual test; that's the one I need to master that I may be fully true in faith.

Keep painting with your toes and Mona Lisa will come your way  Afro

In all honesty, there must be better Muslims than you who dont suffer such fortune.  What do you put that down too?  What about me where things also sometimes work out better than expected?

You know that's exactly what I have always done.  My wife has always commented on how "Jammy" (fortunate) I am.  It was like that all of my life, so when everything goes well for you it's easy to believe that.  Then one day the most awful thing happens in your life and you realise that all of that good fortune was nothing in comparison, and it dawns on you that it was your circumstances that made you fortunate and not "god" - try living in a country rife with civil war and feeling fortunate, it's a lot harder.

Is this down to Islam & Allah too Rasheed?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »