Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Meditation

(Read 3966 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Meditation
     OP - June 29, 2010, 01:42 AM

back when i was a muslim i would enjoy the prayer as it gave me a minute to relax. what i didnt like about it though was that the entire thing was just to worship and please  Allah. and youd have to say all these things in arabic which was not that easy for a guy who didnt know a single word of this language to begin with. i must have sounded like a complete moron to the arabs in the mosque when trying to pronounce all these difficult words during the prayers  Cheesy!

however since apostasing i kind of missed the therapeutic effect of the prayers, and thats when i started thinking if there was a way to get the same feeling but without dedicating the entire thing to an invisible and imaginary Allah. and thats when i discovered meditation!
    i like to just sit down on a rug in some sort of meditationish position, preferably in the early morning. then i just let my mind empty itself of all the unnecessarities floathing around in there, and enjoy the calmness while sinking into some sort of meditative state and end up there for like 30 mins or something. i dont know of any special techniques or anything, i just go with whatever feels natural.

do any of you guys meditate or have any experience of it?
  • Re: Meditation
     Reply #1 - June 29, 2010, 02:44 AM

I do yoga sometimes Smiley

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #2 - June 29, 2010, 03:11 AM

I used to mediate more than I do now, we have a noon hour meditation group at uni which I used to frequent. It focused on visualizations, breathing, and some singing/chanting. There are some chanting exercises that almost give you the same feeling as praying, though I find it more intense. It's interesting how people naturally tend towards harmony in those sorts of melodic chants.
     Reply #3 - June 29, 2010, 06:47 AM

I used to meditate in the shower for hours.  That's when God started to talk to me.....I'm better now though Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #4 - June 29, 2010, 09:21 AM

i like to just sit down on a rug in some sort of meditationish position, preferably in the early morning. then i just let my mind empty itself of all the unnecessarities floathing around in there, and enjoy the calmness while sinking into some sort of meditative state and end up there for like 30 mins or something. i dont know of any special techniques or anything, i just go with whatever feels natural.

Yes, that can really rock. I haven't done any lately but keep meaning to get back into it.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #5 - June 29, 2010, 09:34 AM

I used to meditate in the shower for hours.

So that's how they call it these days?

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #6 - June 29, 2010, 10:17 AM

Exercising till you're really tired helps. Then lying down and closing your eyes to some soothing/instrumental music is wonderrrrrrrrrrful Smiley

Try it.

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #7 - June 29, 2010, 10:29 AM

You will have better relaxation if some one you like/love does a bit of massage .. It could be even a good talk or play with pets. To top that a good beer and dinner will make the best relaxation.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #8 - July 13, 2010, 07:26 AM

It seems to me that the meditative temperament should not be consigned to seperate segments of daily life but should be, perhaps more than any other attitude, the prevaling method of tackling the challenges of living.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #9 - July 13, 2010, 08:01 AM

I used to do some meditation now and then, by myself at home. It was to focus myself, clear my mind from clutter and worries, relax myself. I havn't for a year now propably, just been quite busy and never got around to it again.

I'd like to burn some candles or incense too when I meditated.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #10 - July 13, 2010, 08:42 AM

Would Meditation be considered a form of Yoga, which is banned by some clerics in Islamic countries?

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »