Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: what is happening to society?

(Read 1398 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • what is happening to society?
     OP - June 28, 2010, 01:14 AM

in my job i get to meet a lot of people and hear a lot of stories. lately i heard two things that really upset me.

the first thing was a story about a person that had to pay a big ticket for speeding. however the reason he was driving so fast was that there was an ambulance right behind him and it couldnt get pass him because of the narrow road. thanks to him driving extra fast it was later confirmed that a persons life was saved because she was able to get to the hospital in time.

the other thing was even worse, a person told me that her husband had to go to jail for saving another persons life. he had been driving his car when he suddenly saw an old lady being strangled by some crazy druggie. naturally he jumped out and was able to outwrestle the mad man saving the poor old ladys life. he then called the police. what happened later was that he himself was put in prison for 1 year for assault, and the strangler pretty much got away with it under the condition that he was to go to some sort of therapy or something.

is this fucked up or what?!
  • Re: what is happening to society?
     Reply #1 - June 28, 2010, 01:19 AM

Yeh...there are so many messed up situations like these with so many loopholes and what not but still...it's still the best damn legal system there is. 

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #2 - June 28, 2010, 01:43 AM

in my job i get to meet a lot of people and hear a lot of stories. lately i heard two things that really upset me.

the first thing was a story about a person that had to pay a big ticket for speeding. however the reason he was driving so fast was that there was an ambulance right behind him and it couldnt get pass him because of the narrow road. thanks to him driving extra fast it was later confirmed that a persons life was saved because she was able to get to the hospital in time.

the other thing was even worse, a person told me that her husband had to go to jail for saving another persons life. he had been driving his car when he suddenly saw an old lady being strangled by some crazy druggie. naturally he jumped out and was able to outwrestle the mad man saving the poor old ladys life. he then called the police. what happened later was that he himself was put in prison for 1 year for assault, and the strangler pretty much got away with it under the condition that he was to go to some sort of therapy or something.

is this fucked up or what?!

Are you certain these stories are true?

Yeh...there are so many messed up situations like these with so many loopholes and what not but still...it's still the best damn legal system there is. 

Roll Eyes Not only this that naive on a Candide level, Morpheus lives on the continent if I'm not mistaken, meaning he's living under a civil law system as opposed to a common law system like in the US and UK.

fuck you
     Reply #3 - June 28, 2010, 02:20 AM

Are you certain these stories are true?

im afraid they are Q.  the old lady story was even in the newspaper!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »