Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Comments on Debunker and IA debate

(Read 68936 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Comments on Debunker and IA debate
     Reply #30 - June 27, 2010, 01:41 AM

Funny you say that, I was just talking about you.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #31 - June 27, 2010, 02:39 AM

Rationalizer,

You can still comment on what DB is saying in this thread, you're not being censored or singled out!
     Reply #32 - June 27, 2010, 03:12 AM

Debunker says:

1500, 2000, or 10,000 years might seem too long for you, but not to God. There's no point of sending more prophets when the end is so close in th eyes of God.

Did Allah speak in the Quran from his perspective or ours?

No matter which option one chooses, there will be verses which will create problems for that option. Why did Allah talk of visible, natural phenomena in a way which confirmed the erroneous understanding of 7th century Bedouins? Debunker's take on this is that Allah was talking from their perspective. So did Allah make the two perspectives clear in any way in the Quran?

I think Muslim apologetics choose whichever perspective is convenient to them in order to paper over the glaring mistakes in the Quran.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #33 - June 27, 2010, 03:14 AM

Ok short version is that it is in the one-on-one board now anyway so just deal with it.

Debunker: watch it on the pointless personal abuse. You were getting way over the top with that. Rationalizer does have a point in that the thread originally was open for all to comment in. If you want a one-on-one it makes sense to set it up that way to start with.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #34 - June 27, 2010, 03:19 AM

@ Oz

The abuse started in the original one-on-one thread.. I told him he had no right to post there, but he kept posting, then Aziz moved the irrelevant posts to the comments thread.

Anyway, I apologize to Rationalizer for the *language* but I certainly don't apologize for asking him to get out of that one-on-one thread.

OFF TOPIC:
    Quoting/hilighting/using smileys is back to normal for me.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #35 - June 27, 2010, 03:22 AM

@ charles

So did Allah make the two perspectives clear in any way in the Quran

The verse I quoted to IA was in arabic. I'm only concerned with my discussion with IA at this point and thus I will keep posting verses in Arabic.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #36 - June 27, 2010, 03:25 AM

Besides, what's point of sending more prophets if God stopped showing miracles, anyway? Suppose God sent another prophet these days but without miracles (like He did with Muhammed), what would be the point? Sending Muhammed, without miracles, means that sending anyone after him (also without miracles) is pointless.

Then what was the point of sending Muhammad? Did Allah realize the pointlessness of sending a prophet without miracles only AFTER the experience of Muhammad?

Why can't he commit more pointless acts as we have already seen that he is not averse to such exercises?

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #37 - June 27, 2010, 03:28 AM

@ charles

you're not following (you usually don't)... anyway, I'm only interested in debating only IA, at this point.

Reply #38 - June 27, 2010, 03:29 AM

@ charles
    The verse I quoted to IA was in arabic. I'm only concerned with my discussion with IA at this point and thus I will keep posting verses in Arabic.

In other words if you ask him anything he can't answer he's not going to reply. Debunker does this on and on and on. Why does anyone take this guy seriously anymore?
     Reply #39 - June 27, 2010, 03:32 AM

@ charles

Fair enough. However, I think my argument is independent of Arabic issue. I have no problems if my posts remain unaddressed.

Reply #40 - June 27, 2010, 03:33 AM

@li

huh?

Do you expect me to answer every post here? Are you serious? Besides, why not save energy and time debating with people who actually know what they're talking about? Like Hassan and some other certain members here.

Reply #41 - June 27, 2010, 03:45 AM

@ charles

No matter which option one chooses, there will be verses which will create problems for that option. Why did Allah talk of visible, natural phenomena in a way which confirmed the erroneous understanding of 7th century Bedouins? Debunker's take on this is that Allah was talking from their perspective.

btw, even scientists today use ERRANEOUS language like: The sun rises, the sun sets, when the fact is it's wrong! The sun neither rises nor sets.

Reply #42 - June 27, 2010, 03:51 AM

@ charles

you're not following (you usually don't)... anyway, I'm only interested in debating only IA, at this point.

Don't debate me; I am fine with it too.

I am just commenting on your arguments to point out the weaknesses as my severely limited intellect sees them.  

Reply #43 - June 27, 2010, 03:55 AM

@ charles

btw, even scientists today use ERRANEOUS language like: The sun rises, the sun sets, when the fact is it's wrong! The sun neither rises nor sets.

Surely that doesn't justify erroneous language of Allah, the creator God? Scientist are lowly humans prone to making mistakes; the same shouldn't be expected of Allah unless you argue that Allah spoke from humans' perspective in the Quran.

Do forgive/ignore me if my objections appear too stupid for you.

Reply #44 - June 27, 2010, 04:03 AM

@ charles

Do forgive/ignore me if my objections appear too stupid for you.

they do appear stupid, and here's why:

Surely that doesn't justify erroneous language of Allah, the creator God? Scientist are lowly humans prone to making mistakes; the same shouldn't be expected of Allah unless you argue that Allah spoke from humans' perspective in the Quran.

Those scientists know that, strictly speaking, it's wrong to say that the sun rises/sets, but they say it anyway, because that's just the human language... imagine yourself wanting to refer to the sunset/sunrise in a scientifically sound way, how silly and awkward would you sound?

Reply #45 - June 27, 2010, 04:15 AM

@li

huh?

Do you expect me to answer every post here? Are you serious? Besides, why not save energy and time debating with people who actually know what they're talking about? Like Hassan and some other certain members here.

TheRationalizer more than knows what he's talking about here. You just can't answer his arguments so you run away from him. You've done the same thing with me several times, when we were discussing contradictions in Quran, when you couldn't answer something all of a sudden you have to go or you want to change the topic Cheesy.
     Reply #46 - June 27, 2010, 04:19 AM

@li
    TheRationalizer more than knows what he's talking about here. You just can't answer his arguments so you run away from him. You've done the same thing with me several times, when we were discussing contradictions in Quran, when you couldn't answer something all of a sudden you have to go or you want to change the topic

As far as the rationalizer is concerned I did admit to him many times before that I tremble in fear when he appears in any thread here.

As for you I remember the last time we talked you were discussing why buffalos weren't mentioned in the Quran or something like that... yeah, I had to leave to finish my PhD... you can dig up that thread and maybe I'll respond to it later..

EDIT: I just found it... will comment later.

P.S. In any case, perhaps you and the ratinalizer are formidable debators and that's why I keep avoiding you two. Yeah, you're both are the toughest members here.

Reply #47 - June 27, 2010, 04:21 AM

Sure you had to leave mate  Roll Eyes

I don't have as much time to debate anymore, I'm more of a lurker around here. But why don't you have a 1 on 1 debate with TR? Many here would like to see that yes
     Reply #48 - June 27, 2010, 04:31 AM

Are you CRAZY??!!!! A one-on-one with TR??!!!

Reply #49 - June 27, 2010, 04:33 AM

Yea, aren't you the debunkerRoll Eyes
     Reply #50 - June 27, 2010, 04:35 AM

if it comes to debating with TR, then no, I'm willing to change my nic to debunkeD   parrot

Reply #51 - June 27, 2010, 04:36 AM

btw, just curious, are you done with college? Are you living in Australia now?

Reply #52 - June 27, 2010, 04:53 AM

Those scientists know that, strictly speaking, it's wrong to say that the sun rises/sets, but they say it anyway, because that's just the human language... imagine yourself wanting to refer to the sunset/sunrise in a scientifically sound way, how silly and awkward would you sound?

Allah just had to add the words "appears to" before sun rises/sets.

If something look like sh*t, smells like sh*t, and whatever, it is sh*t. So any ilah acting, speaking, emoting like humans.....

Reply #53 - June 27, 2010, 05:00 AM

Allah just had to add the words "appears to" before sun rises/sets.

stupid as ever, but anyway, let me try one last time:

Chrales speaking, while being scientifically sound:

"the sight of the sun when it appears to be rising or when it appears to be setting, is wonderful!"

Idiotic, huh?  piggy

Reply #54 - June 27, 2010, 05:08 AM

btw, just curious, are you done with college? Are you living in Australia now?

What does that have to do with anything now? Tongue
     Reply #55 - June 27, 2010, 05:10 AM

I already explained it was just curiosity.

anyway, I apologize I asked.

Reply #56 - June 27, 2010, 05:15 AM

if it comes to debating with TR, then no, I'm willing to change my nic to debunkeD   parrot

So if you accept that TR debunks Islam, why are you still a muslim?
     Reply #57 - June 27, 2010, 05:16 AM

It's a secret I can't share with anyone.

Reply #58 - June 27, 2010, 05:29 AM

I know the secret, its called blind faith.
     Reply #59 - June 27, 2010, 05:44 AM

Just curious: if you want to debate everyone in this thread too why do you need the one-on-one thread?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »