Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 08:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 02:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 01:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: I still don't like alcohol or pork...

(Read 5783 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I still don't like alcohol or pork...
     OP - June 19, 2010, 11:40 PM

Even though right now ii am an ex-Muslim wannabe ( Tongue) I still dont like pork or alcohol.

I think ive been staying away from it not bcuz of Islamic ruling, but bcuz of the things that come with it.
    Wen someone drinks, they become someone totally different and its very harmful for the body.
    I know someone who is very respectable but wen they drink they become vulgar and unattractive.

And pork bcuz ive never actually went anywhere that has pork. However, ii do want to be a vegetarian and staying away from pork can help. People say that it tastes good, but id rather stay away from meat.

Do you like alcohol and pork?
  • Re: I still don't like alcohol or pork...
     Reply #1 - June 19, 2010, 11:46 PM

Yes. Love them. In moderate quantities and when I'm in the mood for them. I don't like being drunk as such though. Just a couple of glasses of wine with a meal or a beer or two on a hot day.

And I don't even do that every day. Sometimes I'll go a couple of weeks without any booze.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - June 19, 2010, 11:56 PM

Wen someone drinks, they become someone totally different and its very harmful for the body.
    I know someone who is very respectable but wen they drink they become vulgar and unattractive.

def true for some people.
    Yes. Love them. In moderate quantities and when I'm in the mood for them. I don't like being drunk as such though. Just a couple of glasses of wine with a meal or a beer or two on a hot day.

agree
     Reply #3 - June 19, 2010, 11:57 PM

Yea everyone is different. Some people turn into the biggest joker when they are drunk others turn into a total asshole. I think alot of it depends on their underlying mood and alcohol just brings it to the surface.

And pork bcuz ive never actually went anywhere that has pork. However, ii do want to be a vegetarian and staying away from pork can help. People say that it tastes good, but id rather stay away from meat.

Tastes good haha I really dunno why its banned in Islam/judiasm

Yea I grew up on booze and pork...in my family noone cared if I drank when i was 12-14.

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #4 - June 20, 2010, 12:04 AM

Tastes good haha I really dunno why its banned in Islam/judiasm

i heard that the true reason was because of muhammed wanted to sell his sheep, dunno if its bs though.. he didnt owe any pigs so he made it haram to eat them because then everyone would buy from him instead. he was a businessman after all..
     Reply #5 - June 20, 2010, 12:06 AM

i heard that the true reason was because of muhammed wanted to sell his sheep, dunno if its bs though.. he didnt owe any pigs so he made it haram to eat them because then everyone would buy from him instead. he was a businessman after all..

Lol ive never heard that. Whered u get that from out of curiousity?
     Reply #6 - June 20, 2010, 12:10 AM

i heard it from a shia-muslim friend of mine!
     Reply #7 - June 20, 2010, 12:14 AM

Even though right now ii am an ex-Muslim wannabe ( Tongue) I still dont like pork or alcohol.

I think ive been staying away from it not bcuz of Islamic ruling, but bcuz of the things that come with it.

I love both, but, honestly Hanan, you're probably better off without either, health-wise.

fuck you
     Reply #8 - June 20, 2010, 12:20 AM

-

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #9 - June 20, 2010, 12:32 AM

-

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #10 - June 20, 2010, 12:45 AM

I enjoy both, and I don't think either are all that bad for your health if taken in moderation. I enjoy alcohol more than I do pork, only because there are so many varieties. I love trying new drinks.

If you haven't tried pork or alcohol yet, that's ok. You really don't ever have to if you don't feel like it. As my good friend Pazuzu always says: there's no such thing as "haram" or "halal" food. Only foods you like and foods you don't like. Afro

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #11 - June 20, 2010, 12:55 AM

I like bacon Smiley. Still have other kinds of pig to taste.

Im also drinking a Guinness right now and it's...interesting.

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #12 - June 20, 2010, 01:01 AM

You need to come share a bottle of Vodka with me Smiley
     Reply #13 - June 20, 2010, 01:09 AM

Lol, if that was meant for me, then, yes I will definitely share a bottle of vodka with you. If not, then just ignore me lol.

Also, I didnt know that guinness came with weird little ping pong balls in em. Im like WTF?

And its starting to taste better. I think I like it. Smells weird though.

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #14 - June 20, 2010, 01:12 AM

Yes it was meant for u lol

oh i cant stand beers n guiness they taste nasty.. i prefer my spirits Wink

btw where u from?
     Reply #15 - June 20, 2010, 01:23 AM

Lol, if that was meant for me, then, yes I will definitely share a bottle of vodka with you. If not, then just ignore me lol.

Also, I didnt know that guinness came with weird little ping pong balls in em. Im like WTF?

And its starting to taste better. I think I like it. Smells weird though.

The "floating widget" lol...I hate guiness it tastes like you took a regular beer and a steak and put it in a blender

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #16 - June 20, 2010, 01:25 AM

Interesting I didn't know they had even had pigs in the desert. I always thought he was just copying the jews.

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #17 - June 20, 2010, 01:40 AM

Yes it was meant for u lol

oh i cant stand beers n guiness they taste nasty.. i prefer my spirits Wink

btw where u from?

Lol, yeah I like spirits more too.

I'm from Ghana, though I live in Canada. How bout you?

Reply #18 - June 20, 2010, 02:01 AM

Yea i still haven't developed a taste for alcohol yet. beers and mixed drinks don't excite my taste buds. I have had a the Bacon Angus Burger from McDonalds and that was rather tasty. I also tried a bit of ham. It was aight. I do wanna try some Ribs though...

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #19 - June 20, 2010, 02:02 AM

Oooh try fireball whiskey (cinnamon flavored whiskey) it's one of my favorites, you might like it Afro

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #20 - June 20, 2010, 02:10 AM

I have not tried alcohol or pork. I am afraid what muslim parents would think if i tried it...

I guess the only way for me to try this stuff is from restaurant. Only problem is I cant drink and drive so no drinking for me. bunny

My friend said he will make bacon for me so I am excited to try that.

Your ego is so out of whack that it will do whatever it can to protect itself. And people with a messed up ego can do these mental gymnastics to convince themselves they're awesome when really, they're just douchebags!-->Kyle Brolovski
     Reply #21 - June 20, 2010, 02:54 AM

This thread reminded me of a conversation I had this week with a guy who told me the reason behind the Butifari , a  spanish dish made up of several types of meat. It comes from the time of the Spanish Inquisition. The plates would be placed on tables in bars and restuarants and the church spies would watch to see who avoided the pork from among the meats. This was enough to be accused of being jewish and to be frog-marched to jail to await being 'put to the question'
    i.e tortured till  you confess to anything.

Surely an easier way would have been to get them to stub their big toe on a table leg, if they exclaimed 'Oi vei ' then it was an open an shut case  grin12

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #22 - June 20, 2010, 04:24 AM

I absolutely LURVE alcohol and pork. Obviously either is excess is bad for you, but I'm very hedonistic and don't plan on living for too long lol

I love anything that makes life pleasurable and good food and good alcohol are on the top of my list!

Just because a lot of people like something, doesn't mean you should like it too. So there's not wrong with finding that alcohol or pork doesn't really suit your taste buds Smiley

Reply #23 - June 20, 2010, 04:43 AM

..... As my good friend Pazuzu always says: there's no such thing as "haram" or "halal" food. Only foods you like and foods you don't like. Afro

Wow, Luthiel, this is siggy worthy... Love it.

And Hanan, I have been ex-religious for long time and never like to drink alcohol and not a big fan of pork either. Maybe pizza with pepperoni if I am in the mood! Nom nom nom! Cheesy

Reply #24 - June 20, 2010, 05:36 AM

I started drinking alcohol 1 year ago.
    It's awesome in moderate amounts, especially when the weather is cold Cheesy

My favorite is a cheap and sweet red wine called "Sangue di Giuda" (Blood of Judas)
    My second favorite is Weissbier.

Oh, and I have never been Muslim or anything: I avoided alcohol cause I did not like it when I was younger.

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #25 - June 20, 2010, 06:32 AM

lol thats kool Wink im in the UK
     Reply #26 - June 20, 2010, 06:53 AM

Why do you feel the need to drink alcohol or eat pork?  You don't have to eat or drink haram things to prove a point.  You're an ex-Muslim, and that's all that matters.

I don't drink alcohol either (ok maybe a bit, but not really), and I don't eat pork, and I'm happy to carry on like this.

Reply #27 - June 20, 2010, 06:59 AM

Yes you do have a point, some people on here think you have to eat pork to b 'genuine' personally i still believe that Pigs are dirty, they still eat their own poo aswell as anything they can get their hands on lol

The notion of eatting a dirty animal who eats its own poo still dont appeal to me, after all just leaving Islam is sufficient proof, for most i guess but some people on here want more.. mayb they want blood or something to prove it lol

oh and if  someone does choose to eat pork thats upto them, they shouldnt insist on others following their lead!

As for booze.. well i do enjoy a drink of vodka now and again... empasise on the now more that the again lol Smiley
     Reply #28 - June 20, 2010, 06:59 AM

I don't do either as well but I wouldn't mind tasting beer, always been curious.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #29 - June 20, 2010, 07:02 AM

Trust me... id stick to the spirits lol i think beer is nasty hate the taste of it lol

the only time i can drink it is when imtotally pissed on vodka and my tatse buds are gone.. then il guzzle anything down lol dance
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »