Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Friendly 'outsider'

(Read 3141 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Friendly 'outsider'
     OP - June 19, 2010, 11:36 AM

Hello Everybody,

LOL! I know it's a bit late in the day,but then I was excited about getting into the action ASAP and completely forgot about introducing myself.But then that's me,I love getting into conversations with people,even if they are complete strangers,my assumption being that people are generally decent unless proved otherwise.I genuinely like to know what makes people tick,so I can be a good listener many a time,but that doesn't mean I don't love to talk,especially when some things disturb me and cause 'spiritual irritation'.
                               I have a severe allergy to hypocrisy of all flavours and consciously avoid them and am happy to say that I am successful doing so most of the time.Human imperfection might make me a hypocrite sometimes inadvertently but my 'hypocrisy sensor' is sensitive enough to detect that and make me take corrective action.
                               I don't believe in tagging human beings,so I dislike all '~isms' and `'~ists'.But if you want an analogy you might call me ' a secular humanist who values skeptical reasoning in a very BROAD SENSE'.
                               As I see it there's very little to differentiate between a religion and a political party these days.In a way this is natural,as both are powerhouses of demagoguery.So the line separating them has always been thin.The tragedy of our times is that this line seems to have disappeared.If making a choice is mandatory I would say politics is a necessary evil while religion is expendable.A religious idiot is more difficult to get rid off than a political buffoon!
                                I can tolerate all sorts of views as long as they don't make a person behave in an inhumane manner.You must have already guessed my attitude to religion.If you are an ardent follower of the devil and that belief doesn't stop you from being a GOOD HUMAN BEING in your relationships with others then i am perfectly OK  with it.Please refer to the 'GOLDEN RULE' for a good definition of 'GOOD'.But     remember this rule is not valid in the case of sadists who also happen to be masochists!
                                I am extremely fortunate to have escaped being born a Muslim and the temporary madness that makes you want to be one, oblivious of its realities.So what am I doing here? Having being bombarded by a barrage of  propaganda that sought to promote Islam as a panacea for all human ills,I was dying to see the other side of the coin and discover the truth.All the servile ooohs! aaahs! were making me sick. After perusing many posts here at the forum,I have realized that I am among people who think and refused to be conned by anyone,so I think I am going to enjoy my stay here.I like Hasan's  posts very much and as he knows both English and Arabic he is a real asset to the forum.We need more people like him and Maryam Namazie to cure people of their dangerous delusions.
                                So please see me as an outsider who empathizes with the goals of your forum and who wishes to be your friend ASP

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
  • Re: Friendly 'outsider'
     Reply #1 - June 19, 2010, 11:39 AM

Awww great post! It was very interesting to read and well thought out. Better late than never! Welcome aboard Smiley

Reply #2 - June 19, 2010, 11:56 AM

Welcome Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #3 - June 19, 2010, 11:59 AM

welcome!!!
     far away hug

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #4 - June 19, 2010, 11:59 AM

signwelcome So where you from and how did you stumble upon us?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #5 - June 19, 2010, 04:21 PM

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Poor me! 66 views and  only 4 ppl welcoming me! Sigh! I guess you have to be an EX-Muslim or a Muslim who trolls after all!Thank you CocoPop for your nice comment ,I appreciate it Afro.
    @IsLame does it really matter where i am from? I stumbled upon your site on my cyber journey to know the truth about islam sans the emotions.Cold facts that could point in the right direction instead of bitter emotions that generate polemical debates.I am excited about the "MY Ordeal with the QURAN " project.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Reply #6 - June 19, 2010, 04:32 PM

Welcome hypocrucifier. Enjoy your stay.  Afro

I think you will fit in well, in this place since you value sceptical reasoning. Wink

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #7 - June 19, 2010, 04:35 PM

Some of those views are from guests and from search engines spidering (indexing) the site.

BTW, welcome. Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #8 - June 19, 2010, 04:35 PM

lol

Welcome! Wink

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #9 - June 19, 2010, 04:36 PM

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Poor me! 66 views and  only 4 ppl welcoming me! Sigh! I guess you have to be an EX-Muslim or a Muslim who trolls after all!Thank you CocoPop for your nice comment ,I appreciate it Afro.
    @IsLame does it really matter where i am from? I stumbled upon your site on my cyber journey to know the truth about islam sans the emotions.Cold facts that could point in the right direction instead of bitter emotions that generate polemical debates.I am excited about the "MY Ordeal with the QURAN " project.

Dont be daft, there are loads of non exmuslims here.  You only joined 5 hrs ago, give it some time!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #10 - June 19, 2010, 05:58 PM

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Poor me! 66 views and  only 4 ppl welcoming me!

Drama queen! Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #11 - June 19, 2010, 06:05 PM

Welcome Hypocrucifier Smiley
     Reply #12 - June 19, 2010, 06:35 PM

Welcome hypocrucifier! Nice to hear your thoughts Smiley

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #13 - June 19, 2010, 06:46 PM

Hi and welcome Smiley

Word of advice, go easy on the smilies (I mean having 6 of them in a row) and split the text into paragraphs, tabbing is great, put some space between the indented text and it will be a lot easier on the eyes Smiley

//
    The Editor
     Reply #14 - June 19, 2010, 07:10 PM

Dont be daft, there are loads of non exmuslims here.  You only joined 5 hrs ago, give it some time!

Ouch! it hurts.Thanks to allat I now know the reason why it looked like as if people weren't interested.Sorry!

Thomas Paine

Reply #15 - June 19, 2010, 07:12 PM

Thanks to allat I now know the reason why it looked like as if people weren't interested.Sorry!

Which is?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - June 19, 2010, 07:15 PM

Which is?

Read Allat's post...duh!

(Love u really)
     Reply #17 - June 19, 2010, 07:21 PM

Lol! about spiders weaving a web of deception about the 'view' stats and guests abetting them!

Thomas Paine

Reply #18 - June 19, 2010, 07:38 PM

i avoided saying hello because the eyes on your avatar keep on looking at me

If you ask me to define anything i will slap you with my pimp hand and make you cry like a biatch.

Nick Naylor: "I didn't have to. I proved that you're wrong, and if you're wrong I'm right."~ Thank you for Smoking

Perspective
     Reply #19 - June 19, 2010, 08:55 PM

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Poor me! 66 views and  only 4 ppl welcoming me!

Yeah I do that on purpose just to mess with people's heads: view their threads stacks of times without saying anything. Works really well.  bunny

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #20 - June 19, 2010, 08:58 PM

Read Allat's post...duh!

Dunno why, but I just assumed she told him via PM. 015

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #21 - June 20, 2010, 05:55 AM

Dunno why, but I just assumed she told him via PM. 015

Now do you see why delusions are dangerous? Cheesy

Yeah I do that on purpose just to mess with people's heads: view their threads stacks of times without saying anything. Works really well.  bunny

To prove skeptical reasoning I suppose!  bunny

i avoided saying hello because the eyes on your avatar keep on looking at me

It was specifically designed to look for the missing head in your avatar.BTW I am used to seeing eyes in the head of a person,wonders never cease! Roll Eyes                                

Hi and welcome Smiley

Word of advice, go easy on the smilies (I mean having 6 of them in a row) and split the text into paragraphs, tabbing is great, put some space between the indented text and it will be a lot easier on the eyes Smiley

//
    The Editor

OK! BOSS!

Welcome hypocrucifier! Nice to hear your thoughts Smiley

It's always a pleasure to be appreciated. A big 'THANK YOU'
    Yeah I do that on purpose just to mess with people's heads: view their threads stacks of times without saying anything. Works really well.  bunny

Drama queen! Smiley

Life is one big drama friend,and i am doing my best to play the role well!

Thomas Paine

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »