Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Have i made the right choice?

(Read 3315 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Have i made the right choice?
     OP - June 18, 2010, 08:39 PM

Hi, here we go lol

Its been only a few days since i decided to give up on faith! finding it kinda hard as i dont really know any1 who is in the same boat as me..

Cant really chat with friends and family so i decided to join the forum and poss make friends with other recent ex-muslims..

Not sure which direction life will take me as i used to be a practising..alot read 5x, going to lectures etc but now im at a cross road in life, there dont seem to be alot of groups or organisations for people like myself... cant really go out in the open a bit too rsky for me esp where i live.

any1 else finding it hard or lonely?
  • Re: Have i made the right choice?
     Reply #1 - June 18, 2010, 08:56 PM

welcome Islam2Christ! i think most apostates are finding it hard and lonely, but to me its still better than being a slave under islam.
    if you have made the right choice depends on who your asking. if you ask me - yes, if you ask a muslim - no. but the only one worthy of answering that question is you  Afro
     Reply #2 - June 18, 2010, 08:59 PM

Yeah i guess i know what your saying and i do feel i have made the right choice, i can once again do the things i like and want to, basically just want to have a fresh start prob will move to a diff town and just live my life.

i appreciate your advice and il take it on board.. guess these ealry days will feel lonely in a manner of speaking.. but i guess il b making some new friends on here who i can b myself with and stop pretending!

btw whats your story and where u from etc?
     Reply #3 - June 18, 2010, 09:06 PM

i was actually a convert to islam  Tongue you can look for my story in the ex-muslim bios. its labeled "Heres my story"  Wink
     Reply #4 - June 18, 2010, 09:21 PM

can you send me a message inbox with the link?

nice 1 Wink
     Reply #5 - June 19, 2010, 02:53 AM

Islam2Christ meaning from Islam to Christianity ? is that it ?

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #6 - June 19, 2010, 02:56 AM

Islam2Christ meaning from Islam to Christianity ? is that it ?

No he's not a christian, you shoukd really change your name Islam2Christ, expect more people asking that  grin12
     Reply #7 - June 19, 2010, 10:42 AM

Yes thanx i will change it today.. it just goes to show some people on here are still unfriendly, without asking for facts they begin to assume and judge..namely Hassan!

Thought this forum was for openminded people.. guess i was wrong
     Reply #8 - June 19, 2010, 10:49 AM

Its just that we get a lot of trolls on this site, so our troll radars are always on full alert.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - June 19, 2010, 10:54 AM

Hi, yes i appreciate that but iv come here with a genuine intention not for fun or to fuck with peoples heads.. iv already got enough shit on my plate to deal with, last thing i need is some judgement idiot making inproper suggestions to me.

Any way iv requested a name change for anyone that had an issue with it!
     Reply #10 - June 19, 2010, 11:11 AM

Losing your faith is always a difficult journey. We humans don't deal very well with uncertainty and emotional upheaval. You used to be so sure about everything. There was an answer to everything. And now, there isn't. Religions like Islam are also very routine and ritual based. When you're used to doing certain things in a particular way, it's hard when you're not doing it any more.

Since this is a forum for ex-religionists (is that a word?!) I suppose a number of us would say that you've done a good thing. But like Morpheus said, the only one who can really answer this is you.

Take your time. There'll be ups and downs. As you leave the comfort of one "label" or box, it's easy to want to quickly identify yourself with another. Don't try to be muslim, christian, atheist, agnostic, deist, pagan or any other title. For now, you're on a spiritual journey that's taking you places you've never been and opening your mind to things you've never seen. That's all that matters Smiley

Reply #11 - June 19, 2010, 11:13 AM

Thank you brother.

finally, some genuine and intelligent words of advice Smiley

Much appreciated
     Reply #12 - June 19, 2010, 11:20 AM

Welcome to the forum. Try and take your time and relax. Get to know people. When you ask for such open advice, accept that you will be pleased with some, and not so happy with others. By the very nature of your question, you will get a full spectrum of advice. You have endured a difficult decsion point for some time now, so it is unrealistic to get an instant solution from the forum. However, also be comforted in knowing that there are lots and lots of people who have gone through a similar journey. Keep an open mind, and sede where the discussions lead you!
     Reply #13 - June 19, 2010, 11:21 AM

Was that for me? Coz I have boobs dance

Reply #14 - June 19, 2010, 01:09 PM

Huh?

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #15 - June 19, 2010, 01:14 PM

What?

Reply #16 - June 19, 2010, 01:18 PM

Just wondering what your boobs have to do with the thread lol.  grin12

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #17 - June 19, 2010, 01:33 PM

Well he called me brother. I'm not that flat chested lol

Reply #18 - June 19, 2010, 01:39 PM

Yes thanx i will change it today.. it just goes to show some people on here are still unfriendly, without asking for facts they begin to assume and judge..namely Hassan!

Ah man, don't be that way-- that's not an unreasonable assumption to make based on the username you had. Why did you have that username by the way?

Welcome to the forum!  Smiley

fuck you
     Reply #19 - June 19, 2010, 01:41 PM

Well he called me brother. I'm not that flat chested lol

Oh ok. lol Cheesy

Reply #20 - June 19, 2010, 01:57 PM

Hi and welcome Smiley

Sorry I was one of those confused about your name.
     Reply #21 - June 19, 2010, 02:14 PM

Hi, here we go lol

Its been only a few days since i decided to give up on faith! finding it kinda hard as i dont really know any1 who is in the same boat as me..

Cant really chat with friends and family so i decided to join the forum and poss make friends with other recent ex-muslims..

Not sure which direction life will take me as i used to be a practising..alot read 5x, going to lectures etc but now im at a cross road in life, there dont seem to be alot of groups or organisations for people like myself... cant really go out in the open a bit too rsky for me esp where i live.

any1 else finding it hard or lonely?

Loss of religion leaves a vacuum for many. I often feel a sense of loss - but it's not religion I miss, but the sense of community - a big extended family. I often feel very alone these days and without any sort of group identity. (Which is nice in some ways).

Perhaps one of the greatest challenges facing us ex-Muslims is to find ways we can fill the gap the religious community left for many of us and also start building a new identity and sense of belonging.
     Reply #22 - June 20, 2010, 03:55 AM

Radar still going off here.

Dislike of hassan........ Roll Eyes.................sounds like something deeper than just because he called you up on coming to an ex muslim website with the silly belief that we would help you become yet another stupid religion.

I accused you too.  I still am.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #23 - June 20, 2010, 06:16 AM

Thanks Berbs - I missed that post.

Hmmm... hyper-touchy because I was understandably suspicious...

'The lady doth protest too much - methinks'
     Reply #24 - June 20, 2010, 06:29 AM

Radar still going off here.

Dislike of hassan........ Roll Eyes.................sounds like something deeper than just because he called you up on coming to an ex muslim website with the silly belief that we would help you become yet another stupid religion.

I accused you too.  I still am.

again.. as previously stated.. i dont give a damn if your radar is on, you keep being suspicious im sure it will get you quite far in life. thnkyu
     Reply #25 - June 20, 2010, 06:38 AM

It has cupcake.  I am one of the admin here, so my radar has been doing a great job so far.   Smiley

Reply #26 - June 20, 2010, 06:40 AM

So what if you the 'Admin' in here? still dont give you the right to go around making baseless accusations!

ne way im gona choose to ignore you.. cant b asked arguing with people who have no intelligence, you keep your tabs and il keep ignoring you.. sounds like the perfect relationship to me
     Reply #27 - June 20, 2010, 06:43 AM

So what if you the 'Admin' in here? still dont give you the right to go around making baseless accusations!

ne way im gona choose to ignore you.. cant b asked arguing with people who have no intelligence, you keep your tabs and il keep ignoring you.. sounds like the perfect relationship to me

Hello Tut.   Smiley

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »