Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Zakir Naik: Banned from UK

(Read 44682 times)
  • 12 3 ... 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Zakir Naik: Banned from UK
     OP - June 18, 2010, 10:04 AM

Here is the article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/10349564.stm

In my view I don't think anyone should be banned from a country because of the views they hold no matter how distasteful those views maybe. As I see it as a blow to freedom of speech. Anyone pro or anti Islam should be allowed to express their opinion without the state interfering. When the state starts to deem what is appropriate for the society (to hear, view and read) we start to enter into dangerous territory.

Although I would have banned Zakir Naik not for his views, but for having an offensive name.
  • Re: Zakir Naik: Banned from UK
     Reply #1 - June 18, 2010, 10:12 AM

whats wrong with his name?
     Reply #2 - June 18, 2010, 10:16 AM

Oh, I know this one.

Naik is 'Fuck' in Arabic.

Bukhari 62:142 - Narrated Anas bin Malik:
       The Prophet used to pass by (have sexual relation with) all his wives in one night, and at that time he had nine wives.
     Reply #3 - June 18, 2010, 10:19 AM

Naik = Fuck (In Arabic) I'm not an Arabic speaker, but I am somewhat familiar with Arabic culture and I've been told that in fact it is slightly more offensive then the word 'fuck' itself.  
     Reply #4 - June 18, 2010, 10:24 AM

Oh, I know this one.

Naik is 'Fuck' in Arabic.

signnvm
     Reply #5 - June 18, 2010, 10:28 AM

whats wrong with his name?

Oh yes his name ia a major "Fuck up" word in the arab world. I cant remember which thread we discussed his offensive name before.

Reply #6 - June 18, 2010, 10:56 AM

hate speech is not protected by freedom of speech.
     Reply #7 - June 18, 2010, 11:05 AM

Naik = Fuck (In Arabic) I'm not an Arabic speaker, but I am somewhat familiar with Arabic culture and I've been told that in fact it is slightly more offensive then the word 'fuck' itself. 

Its fucker.

Wait... are we even on speaking terms?
     Reply #8 - June 18, 2010, 11:27 AM

Yes it is.

fuck you
     Reply #9 - June 18, 2010, 12:39 PM

Although I would have banned Zakir Naik not for his views, but for having an offensive name.

Why?  The last time I checked, Arabic was not the official language of the UK either...

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #10 - June 18, 2010, 12:42 PM

Oh yes his name ia a major "Fuck up" word in the arab world. I cant remember which thread we discussed his offensive name before.

Quite appropriate for him though, looks like allah has a rather twisted sense of humour choosing someone with the name of fucker to preach his message, especially to non Arabic speakers.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #11 - June 18, 2010, 01:04 PM

true. This guy spreads hate and superiority complexes with in Muslims. out right blames Jews and Christians. one poor guy almost died while attending his show by the audience when the guy admitted he left Islam and zakir naik in his infinite wisdom  said that all apostates must be killed.

Good thing Britian banned him. Too bad he is coming to Canada my home country to spread his bullshit. At the "Journey of Faith". hahahah

http://journeyconference.com/

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #12 - June 18, 2010, 01:07 PM

true.

No, it's not true.

This guy spreads hate and superiority complexes with in Muslims. out right blames Jews and Christians.

These things fall under the natural right of "freedom of speech" and should not be prohibited by the state as detestable as we find them.

one poor guy almost died while attending his show by the audience when the guy admitted he left Islam and zakir naik in his infinite wisdom  said that all apostates must be killed.

That's direct incitement to violence, and thus not a right to freedom of speech and may be justly prohibited by the state.

fuck you
     Reply #13 - June 18, 2010, 01:13 PM

you can criticize someone for their actions. but how is generalizing all jews based on some quranic verse free speech?

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #14 - June 18, 2010, 01:21 PM

You obviously don't understand what free speech is. You seem to think that free speech means the freedom to say things you don't find morally objectionable.

Freedom of speech means the right to say whatever the fuck you want, provided it is not a direct and immediate incitement to violence or directly and immediately leads to some other violation of someone's rights, or a criminal conspiracy to do so.

It means this right cannot be justly prohibited by the state, it can only be prohibited by someone exercising their own personal or private property rights over the offending party. In other words, the state cannot prevent neo-Nazis from holding a rally in the town square, but I can prevent someone from expressing such beliefs in my house.

fuck you
     Reply #15 - June 18, 2010, 01:32 PM

^^   +1    @Q-Man

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10517.msg275811#msg275811
    I said in that thread that if you google 'nek in urdu'  you will find that it means virtuous in urdu.

Are you serious??

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #16 - June 18, 2010, 01:46 PM

The UK is getting very police state like in the way it is banning various people from the country.  It seems to have started with Geert Wilders.  I wonder if it was their intention at the time to go this far, or do they have to go this far now (banning anyone controversial) in the interests of seeming "even handed".
     Reply #17 - June 18, 2010, 02:04 PM

Quote from: ateapotist
    I said in that thread that if you google 'nek in urdu'  you will find that it means virtuous in urdu.

That's what I thought.  But then I have seen his name transliterated as Nayik as well.   Does anyone know how it is written in Urdu?
     Reply #18 - June 18, 2010, 02:19 PM

Naik (نائیک) (Na-ick) reminds me of the old Bollywood song 'Khalnaik' which means 'Villain' and Naik supposedly means 'Hero'.

Not exactly sure though.

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #19 - June 18, 2010, 02:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaxE91qraY

Now imagine if this song is used for Zakir Naik's music video.  dance

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #20 - June 18, 2010, 02:49 PM

What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.You can't accuse them of being inconsistent,though.If you feel banning this guy is wrong,then banning Geert Wilders too was wrong. The whole problem with censorship is that there are too many gray areas to be reckoned with before you can make a honest judgment.In this case it would have been a lot better if he had been given an opportunity to speak so that his stupidity could be exposed to a much wider audience,during the question-answer sessions.Now it will be seen by his followers as an attempt to conceal the 'truth' Cheesy Cheesy

@ atheist.pk  very apt! Cheesy Cheesy

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #21 - June 18, 2010, 03:18 PM

I guess this clever fucker was not clever enough *tish*
     Reply #22 - June 18, 2010, 03:30 PM

...*badum*

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #23 - June 18, 2010, 03:41 PM

dance
     Reply #24 - June 18, 2010, 04:20 PM

Yes it is.

There are laws against speech that incites violence in most countries.
     Reply #25 - June 18, 2010, 04:28 PM

In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group.

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

Spewing out nonsense against jews, calling americans terrorists, etc, is all going to incite violence and prejudice against non muslims in the muslim world, hence its not, and shouldn't be protected by freedom of speech.
     Reply #26 - June 18, 2010, 05:17 PM

So he's going back to India?
    Yepee for us.

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #27 - June 18, 2010, 05:18 PM

Honestly I don't really know who's Zakir Naik is, he's not famous here  grin12
    Naik in Indonesia mean ride/rise/increase  Tongue
     Reply #28 - June 18, 2010, 05:20 PM

Naik in Indonesia mean ride/rise/increase

That's funny, because in Ireland ride means fuck.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #29 - June 18, 2010, 05:21 PM

This is stupid. They should have allowed him in.

He is a walking advertisement against Islam.
  • 12 3 ... 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »