Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Muslim-no-more

(Read 11243 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Muslim-no-more
     Reply #60 - June 19, 2010, 01:18 PM

I find that incredible - thats almost learning a whole book (of the 30 books in the Quran) of by heart every week, and thats in a foreign language.  

Were there any special techniques.  Do you regret that time lost becoming a hafiz, and do you think it helped you develop a better memory etc.  How much of it do you remember now?

yes , they said I had very good memorizing power , so I memorized nearly 4 pages everyday , but I was always curious , so I would also look up the meaning of what I had just memorized in a Urdu Tafseer , that way I could now understand Quranic Arabic upto 80% , which in turn made memorizing other parts more and more easier and faster.

Speaking of special techniques, yes there were :
    The madrasah timings were 6:00 am to 1:30 pm , then again from 3:30pm to 9:30 pm . A total of 13-14 hours a day!
    And you got beaten up with a 2 inch thick rubber pipe AND/OR the "Rehal" ( the wooden thing you keep Quran on while reading ) for making more than 3 mistakes while reciting  Cry
    If you didnt finish memorizing in the time alloted , you were made "Murga" ( bending like a Cock/Hen ) which was particularly painful for me as I was obese , a few minutes more late and you were made into the "Unsupported chair" position which was aweful , Thank Huh? I never got that punishment, but it was so inhumane and painful that I would cry just at seeing my friend being punished. I was so terrified of my Maulana that I once remember having peed in my pants, even after completing Hifz and joining school the memories of that madrasah haunted me for a while, My parents often threatened to take me to that Maulana whenever I mis-behaved .

I do not regret having wasted my time in Hifz, in fact I realize now that my Hifz was what that gave me the knowledge and insight in Quran , which has ultimately led me to this position. Also I feel that the memorizing has sharpened my memory, I can now very easily memorize anything and remember for a long time.
    My parents make me recite at least a Juz ( part ) of Quran daily to them ( by heart ), so I still remember all of the Quran . This is the most difficult task I am forced into...

I am intelligently designed by God, and I originated from a woman made from rib who ate an apple because of a snake in paradise...
     Reply #61 - June 19, 2010, 01:51 PM

The madrasah timings were 6:00 am to 1:30 pm , then again from 3:30pm to 9:30 pm . A total of 13-14 hours a day!

And you got beaten up with a 2 inch thick rubber pipe AND/OR the "Rehal" ( the wooden thing you keep Quran on while reading ) for making more than 3 mistakes while reciting  Cry

If you didnt finish memorizing in the time alloted , you were made "Murga" ( bending like a Cock/Hen ) which was particularly painful for me as I was obese , a few minutes more late and you were made into the "Unsupported chair" position which was aweful , Thank Huh? I never got that punishment, but it was so inhumane and painful that I would cry just at seeing my friend being punished.

I was so terrified of my Maulana that I once remember having peed in my pants, even after completing Hifz and joining school the memories of that madrasah haunted me for a while, My parents often threatened to take me to that Maulana whenever I mis-behaved .

Thank you .. thank you .. Grandpa....

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #62 - June 19, 2010, 01:55 PM

yeezeevee why are those boys chained? So they don't run away?

I thought their parents put them there in the first place? Or as these kids orphans?
     Reply #63 - June 19, 2010, 02:00 PM

yes , they said I had very good memorizing power , so I memorized nearly 4 pages everyday , but I was always curious , so I would also look up the meaning of what I had just memorized in a Urdu Tafseer , that way I could now understand Quranic Arabic upto 80% , which in turn made memorizing other parts more and more easier and faster.

If you didnt finish memorizing in the time alloted , you were made "Murga" ( bending like a Cock/Hen ) which was particularly painful for me as I was obese , a few minutes more late and you were made into the "Unsupported chair" position which was aweful , Thank Huh? I never got that punishment, but it was so inhumane and painful that I would cry just at seeing my friend being punished. I was so terrified of my Maulana that I once remember having peed in my pants, even after completing Hifz and joining school the memories of that madrasah haunted me for a while, My parents often threatened to take me to that Maulana whenever I mis-behaved .

I do not regret having wasted my time in Hifz, in fact I realize now that my Hifz was what that gave me the knowledge and insight in Quran , which has ultimately led me to this position. Also I feel that the memorizing has sharpened my memory, I can now very easily memorize anything and remember for a long time.
    My parents make me recite at least a Juz ( part ) of Quran daily to them ( by heart ), so I still remember all of the Quran . This is the most difficult task I am forced into...

that is one fine ass murgha!  Tongue

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #64 - June 19, 2010, 02:08 PM

Yezevee... where did u get those pix from Huh? I cant understand why the kids are enchained , though the last pic is very similar to the setup in my Madrasa...

(Clicky for piccy!)

(Clicky for piccy!)

LOL !

I am intelligently designed by God, and I originated from a woman made from rib who ate an apple because of a snake in paradise...
     Reply #65 - June 19, 2010, 02:38 PM

And you got beaten up with a 2 inch thick rubber pipe AND/OR the "Rehal" ( the wooden thing you keep Quran on while reading ) for making more than 3 mistakes while reciting  Cry

Fascinating first hand insight. Afro Afro

The way I see it is, religion is a virus of the mind in the form of ideas, and will do whatever is necessary to preserve itself.  All these harsh madrassas are designed to indoctrinate the youth so that the religion can be passed successfully to the next generation.

My parents make me recite at least a Juz ( part ) of Quran daily to them ( by heart ), so I still remember all of the Quran . This is the most difficult
    task I am forced into...

Do you have to lead the prayers?  And will you have to lead taraweeh in Ramadhan?  LOL   That will be very strange for you as an apostate. Cheesy  And if those who pray behind you find out sometime in the future that you were an apostate, they will not be happy bunnies. bunny

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #66 - June 19, 2010, 02:44 PM

Agree...

yes I have to , but rarely . No I will no longer have to lead Tarahwees , I have many excuses ( study, exams etc... ) .

Reply #67 - June 19, 2010, 02:48 PM

A young hafiz in a Madrassah is as safe as a choir boy in a Catholic church.

Reply #68 - June 19, 2010, 03:09 PM

hafiz... i found a page explaining the chain thing.  It appears it may not have happened in your case,
    but according to this page, it DOES happen.  Cry

http://islammonitor.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1252&Itemid=95

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #69 - June 19, 2010, 03:16 PM

A young hafiz in a Madrassah is as safe as a choir boy in a Catholic church.

Double faint:

mysmilie_977 mysmilie_977
     Reply #70 - June 19, 2010, 03:18 PM

hafiz, i hope you were never inappropriately 'touched' by your maulvi in the madrassah.

Reply #71 - June 19, 2010, 03:22 PM

AK but how is that allowed? I mean that would be wrong according to scripture no? You can't touch boys FFS!
     Reply #72 - June 19, 2010, 03:24 PM

no I wasnt...

Reply #73 - June 19, 2010, 03:26 PM

Did you touch yourself at least?
     Reply #74 - June 19, 2010, 03:30 PM

Thank Huh? I never got that punishment,

Cheesy nice one.
     Reply #75 - June 19, 2010, 04:05 PM

This is so upsetting.  Does this always still happen in madrassas?  Its surprising that they dont turn out to viiolent

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #76 - June 19, 2010, 04:50 PM

yeezeevee why are those boys chained? So they don't run away?

I thought their parents put them there in the first place? Or as these kids orphans?

That is true., if they can not memorize that silly book, these kids get beaten and chained so they don't run away from that shit hole..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYpZ9tbK_rI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utO69ofFaNw

It is also true some  of those kids don't have parents and solely dependent on these madrassahs for food and clothing. Not all madrassahs like that,   Some are lucky they get in to decent place where a good man simply teach Quran.,

Either way  the kid's brain get fried by shouting loudly those silly words and moving their head up down along with those loud Quranic  chanting..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Ps8n79iao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJUatwQKlyg

Stupid people silly book., Muslim BUMS  better realize Electronic eyes and ears are everywhere..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #77 - June 20, 2010, 03:03 AM

This is so upsetting.  Does this always still happen in madrassas?  Its surprising that they dont turn out to viiolent

No, not all madrasahs are like this. I once joined an Arabic madrasah ( run by the government ) for a brief period and I can tell you I loved the environment there... beating children was strictly prohibited and the timings were also very convenient . You were never forced to memorize, there was no time limit and it was completely upto you how much you want to/can memorize in a day. Smiley
    But the madrasa I completed Hifz in was privately run by a Pakistani-Balochi Qari who I heard later was jailed for a brief period when someone complained to Police about his ruthless beatings and punishments. His Madrasah was later closed by the government . Afro

Reply #78 - June 20, 2010, 03:35 AM

So I guess its only Paki mullahs that are the violent sadistic versions of catholic priests.

Reply #79 - June 20, 2010, 03:38 AM

@^^
    from what I've experienced... I agree with you.

Reply #80 - June 20, 2010, 03:40 AM

AK but how is that allowed? I mean that would be wrong according to scripture no? You can't touch boys FFS!

Of course its wrong. Its the same for Catholic priests, they are not supposed to 'touch' boys but they do, and because of the Vatican scumfucks they get away with it. All the time. Many little boys have been raped and assaulted by mullahs here. Many dont report because of 'shame', and the mullah gets away with it.

One incident I heard about in rural Sindh or Punjab was when a teenage boy reported he was raped by his mullah, he was sent to the hospital to get treatment and his parents were stopped by a local village council from reporting it to the police because of shame. What they did instead was they shaved the whole head of the mullah, blackened his face, made him ride a donkey across the village to 'humiliate' him in public, and then asked him to leave the village.

Seriously.

Reply #81 - June 20, 2010, 06:00 AM

it's like a time warp, you can make a movie like the village and set it in a town like this and never realize holy shit its the 21th century, ok except for the electricity but all the other shit is from another time and place
     Reply #82 - June 20, 2010, 07:51 AM

But the madrasa I completed Hifz in was privately run by a Pakistani-Balochi Qari who I heard later was jailed for a brief period when someone complained to Police about his ruthless beatings and punishments. His Madrasah was later closed by the government . Afro

So there is a bit of sanity and justice there, after all. Afro

One incident I heard about in rural Sindh or Punjab was when a teenage boy reported he was raped by his mullah, he was sent to the hospital to get treatment and his parents were stopped by a local village council from reporting it to the police because of shame. What they did instead was they shaved the whole head of the mullah, blackened his face, made him ride a donkey across the village to 'humiliate' him in public, and then asked him to leave the village.

Blimey!  He won't be doing that again. grin12

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #83 - June 20, 2010, 08:48 AM

athiest pk.. according to the videos and websites, no, its not just the pk's.  in sudan its even worse.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #84 - June 20, 2010, 09:42 AM

hy Hafiz i'am pretty in same situation as you, i live in egypt in muslim family and am an atheist,  i think 4 me it is easier than you as my family are not really practicing (just prayers and ramadan) i just know like 3 surats from the quran, but still am a freethinker and i hate the fact that i cannot express myself freely, and that i have to act toward my friends and family. yet only my mother knows about my atheism, as i told her, she easly accepted it cause she is european and converted just to please my father. i gonna explain my story in more details later, i'am a bit lazy to do it right know. hope everything will be fine 4 you
    peace my friend

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. "
    "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. "
    --Buddha
     Reply #85 - June 20, 2010, 09:45 AM

Welcome kero-zen. 

Looking forward to hearing more about you.  Smiley  Feel free to start an intro thread.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #86 - June 20, 2010, 10:12 AM

Hi Kero-zen... welcome and ditto what berbs said Smiley

Helen Keller
     Reply #87 - June 20, 2010, 10:17 AM

athiestpk.. perhaps as more villages and towns hear about this, they wont be so scared to report
    these heinous crimes!  Perhaps once they realize they DO have SOME human rights, and wont
    necessarily receive repercussions for reporting these mullahs, true dignity and respect can return
    to these people. 

Hafiz.. damn!!  while your experiences are absolutely horrible, maybe in the future you can play
    a vital role in ensuring this crap doesnt happen to other innocent children.   far away hug  just a thought.

Helen Keller
     Reply #88 - June 20, 2010, 06:33 PM

Hafiz.. damn!!  while your experiences are absolutely horrible, maybe in the future you can play
    a vital role in ensuring this crap doesnt happen to other innocent children.   far away hug  just a thought.

Exactly!  Given that we are so few in number, we should try to do whatever little we can do to help where we can.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »