Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Muslim-no-more

(Read 11245 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Muslim-no-more
     Reply #30 - June 18, 2010, 09:22 AM

Welcome my friend, and enjoy your stay. Wink

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #31 - June 18, 2010, 10:19 AM

Great first post.
    Dont worry about the righting.
    You right better than most hear.

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #32 - June 18, 2010, 11:09 AM

Welcome hafiz! So are you a hafiz of the quran?

Hi Hassan ! Thank you... I must say you must consider sending in your story for publication , a translation in Urdu and Arabic will also be awesome... It has a potential to stir up Muslims' hearts and minds...

Hassan, that's a very good idea.
     Reply #33 - June 18, 2010, 11:13 AM

Most religious people in the world urdu speaking...

Your ego is so out of whack that it will do whatever it can to protect itself. And people with a messed up ego can do these mental gymnastics to convince themselves they're awesome when really, they're just douchebags!-->Kyle Brolovski
     Reply #34 - June 18, 2010, 11:29 AM

Hafiz - I thought your English was very good, and given that its your second language, even better  Afro

ETA: do you know any ex-muslims in real life?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #35 - June 18, 2010, 11:48 AM

hi hafiz...bless your heart, I hope you find the courage and ability to maintain peace in your house
    until you can get out of there!  And also hope your twin believed your "joke"  Welcome to CEMB.
    You can vent to your heart's content, and meet others who have gone through similar things as you.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #36 - June 18, 2010, 12:27 PM

Welcome hafiz! So are you a hafiz of the quran?

Yes I am...

Hafiz - I thought your English was very good, and given that its your second language, even better  Afro

No , I dont. But I am sure there are many like me who want to come out, but are afraid, of being slaughtered.

@everyone else
    Thanks guys for all your encouraging words and the welcome.

I am intelligently designed by God, and I originated from a woman made from rib who ate an apple because of a snake in paradise...
     Reply #37 - June 18, 2010, 12:58 PM

Hey Welcome!

Yes you are right there are MANY ex muslims out there who feel trapped. But remember you are not alone  far away hug

And congratulations on achieving an open mind and being educated about islam. Yea once you look into it especially the hadiths the shit makes your head spin.

Do you have any plans to study abroad ? That would give you lots more freedom to exercise your lack of belief  dance
    And why still pray all the time ? Are you being watched to do so all the time ?

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #38 - June 18, 2010, 01:45 PM

Welcome Hafiz!

Just a small question, do you share your computer with someone else? If you do (and even f you don't) I advise to keep clearing your history so no one finds out about you coming here.

I wish you the best of luck!
     Reply #39 - June 18, 2010, 02:52 PM

Welcome  Smiley.

I must admit, I always thought Muslims in India were more integrated and secular compared to those in other countries. It sucks that you have to go through something like that with your sister.
     Reply #40 - June 18, 2010, 03:09 PM

And why still pray all the time ?  

THAT'S AL TAQIYYA  IN THE REVERSE!

And congratulations on achieving an open mind and being educated about islam. 

That's the key! A good secular education that kick starts free thinking and inquiry.

A very warm welcome to our board,Hafiz!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #41 - June 18, 2010, 03:14 PM

Welcome, Hafiz! I'm 18 too and I turned away from Islam not too long ago.

Yeah, Hassan's writing helped me question even more. Smiley
    Stay safe!
     Reply #42 - June 18, 2010, 03:15 PM

It was good!
     Reply #43 - June 18, 2010, 03:55 PM

Welcome hafiz. far away hug

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #44 - June 18, 2010, 04:05 PM

Yes I am...

So which age did you start memorizing the qur'an and how long did it take you?

This is so cool. An ex Muslim hafiz of the qur'an!
     Reply #45 - June 18, 2010, 04:07 PM

What's the Ummah coming to.

Muhammad must be doing somersaults in his grave.
     Reply #46 - June 18, 2010, 05:27 PM

So where in India are you from?
    How are the gulf countries compared to India?
    Do you plan on living your entire life there?
    Are you cute?
    These are just standard questions on joining CEMB anyways.... signwelcome

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #47 - June 18, 2010, 05:33 PM

Are you cute?

dance
     Reply #48 - June 18, 2010, 06:32 PM

Hi Hafiz, Better the devil you know, as they say. And you've obviously taken the trouble to to become intimate with him.
    Welcome to the haven of reason. You seem to have the instinct for it and it's, in my opinion, the most major development of the human mind since consciousness evolved.  I look forward to your contributions.
    Your English is flawless and I say that as a retired English teacher.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #49 - June 18, 2010, 08:58 PM

I found many ahadeeth to be inhumane, unscientific and weird.

yeah that tends to happen when muslims take a good look at their religion. welcome to the forum btw!
     Reply #50 - June 18, 2010, 11:41 PM

Welcome to the forum, Hafiz. hugs
    You chose an appropriate username too. Afro

Great first post, by the way. Afro

I hope your situation gets better.  I get the feeling your twin sister will subconsciously churn through thoughts of your apostasy, and hopefully, over time, she will question religion herself.  You could in the meantime sow very, very subtle seeds of doubt in her mind. Tongue

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #51 - June 19, 2010, 01:44 AM

Great first post.
    Dont worry about the righting.
    You right better than most hear.

Yup, i sucond that... Our inglish is not bitter than yuors...  yes

Reply #52 - June 19, 2010, 07:57 AM

Are you being watched to do so all the time ?

Yes , :(

Welcome Hafiz!

Just a small question, do you share your computer with someone else? If you do (and even f you don't) I advise to keep clearing your history so no one finds out about you coming here.

I wish you the best of luck!

yes and I will keep that in mind...Thanks !

So which age did you start memorizing the qur'an and how long did it take you?

This is so cool. An ex Muslim hafiz of the qur'an!

I started at 10 and completed Hifz in about 8 months...

So where in India are you from?
    How are the gulf countries compared to India?
    Do you plan on living your entire life there?
    Are you cute?

I am from a small backward Muslim majority town in Maharashtra ,
    Gulf countries are cool... It may sound strange but you can actually practice your disbelief better in "that country" with more freedom than my hometown in India !!!
    I have no plans to spend my life here , once I complete B.E , I will try for job abroad , preferably western countries .
    Cute ? I dont think so... I am just an average brown guy with 2 dimpels !

I am intelligently designed by God, and I originated from a woman made from rib who ate an apple because of a snake in paradise...
     Reply #53 - June 19, 2010, 08:03 AM

"Science flies you to the moon , Religion flies you into buildings"  .. hafiz

That is a good one  hafiz., lol.

But,  but ...  without science we would have no building and no planes to fly in.  So, don't you think that all these problems are due to science ..  

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #54 - June 19, 2010, 08:07 AM

I have no plans to spend my life here , once I complete B.E , I will try for job abroad , preferably western countries .

Good. As soon as you complete your BE (preferably with good marks) from a good college/university in Mumbai that you can afford try sticking there for a year or two for work. Then as soon as you get enough money apply for Masters abroad (UK, USA, Canada, Australia) and get that done as well so you can qualify for a work permit.

You have a long journey ahead of you. Smiley Stay smart, stay strong, work hard, and kick some ass!

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #55 - June 19, 2010, 08:49 AM

I find that incredible - thats almost learning a whole book (of the 30 books in the Quran) of by heart every week, and thats in a foreign language.  

Were there any special techniques.  Do you regret that time lost becoming a hafiz, and do you think it helped you develop a better memory etc.  How much of it do you remember now?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #56 - June 19, 2010, 09:05 AM

Yeah, that's impressive. Afro

I find that incredible - thats almost learning a whole book (of the 30 books in the Quran) of by heart every week, and thats in a foreign language.  

Children can memorise anything parrot fashion.  Wink

Do you regret that time lost becoming a hafiz

I know the question is aimed at Hafiz, but for me, as an ex-Muslim now, I find it useful to be able to quote the verse from memory immediately, when debating and I need evidence from the Quran.

I only memorised about a tenth of the Quran, but what I treasure much more, is the fact that I can understand basic arabic.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #57 - June 19, 2010, 09:59 AM

Children can memorise anything parrot fashion.  Wink

Not sure.  I am probably better at it now than before because I have learned how to do it.  The only difference is that they are more obedient  and dont have a choice I think.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #58 - June 19, 2010, 10:12 AM

I find it incredible how quickly children can learn a new language, whereas adults... no

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #59 - June 19, 2010, 10:30 AM

I dunno.  I think I could learn a new language just as well now, than I ever did (if not better).  We develop skills as we get older, but like I said earlier, we are not compelled to behave like sheep when we are older and we have a choice. 

The only additional thing that makes it harder I suppose is that we have more noise and better things to do.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »