Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Peace, All

(Read 137071 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 13 ... 61 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Peace, All
     Reply #300 - June 19, 2010, 11:32 AM

NEVER! Smiley

Be a man, face your fears and say it. I have done it and so can you.

I will not leave you alone until you say this my friend:

"There is no verse that DIRECTLY says do not take slaves. Whether combatants or non-combatants."

If you can't, I will settle for this:

"I'm a coward."
     Reply #301 - June 19, 2010, 11:32 AM

But the black Africans that the Muslims enslaved were not combatants were they ? They had not declared war against the Muslims, had they ?

Are you a Christian Paloma?
     Reply #302 - June 19, 2010, 12:05 PM

Sex with slavegirls. That was another one that I always had a problem with and conveniently ignored in order to salvage the certainty which comes with belief in 'the book in which there is no doubt'.

The hadiths were always so ghastly. I remember this one:

Yahya related to me from Malik from Nafi that the slave girls of Abdullah ibn Umar used to wash his feet and bring him a mat of palm leaves while they were menstruating. (Muwatta)

I thought the Qur'an said that 'menstruation is a hurt' (2.222). But that didn’t stop this son-of-a-caliph from getting his 'hoes' to wash his stanky feet when not feeling the best. Was that for wudhu I wonder?

Malik continues.

Malik was asked whether a man who had women and slavegirls could have intercourse with all of them before he did ghusl. He said, "There is no harm in a man having intercourse with two of his slave girls before he does ghusl. It is disapproved of, however, to go to a freewoman on another's day. There is no harm in making love first to one slave girl and then to another when one is junub."

So it’s also OK to go into another slavegirl with the first girl's squirt encrusted on your john thomas. How's that for respecting the ladies eh? Of course we all know that women are equal and that a woman can also fuck two slaveboys; the second man feeling the previous bloke's jizz tingling on his glans.

All this reminds me of this recent fatwa by the great Shaikh Munajjid (may Allah protect his secret cause that kind of craziness is best kept a secret).

The wife does not have the right to ask her husband to use condoms during marital relations, unless there is a reason for doing that. The fact that he has married another woman in a legitimate shar‘i marriage does not make it permissible for her to do that, unless it is clear that the husband himself has a disease, such as AIDS and the like, which could be transmitted to her through sex, or it becomes clear that the other wife has a disease of this type, or the husband was in a haraam relationship outside of marriage.

What's the chance that the question was asked by a woman who didn't like the fact that her husbands dick had been in another woman's cunt on a regular basis and now, in his generosity, and in accordance with shar'iah, he wants to give her her share of his stiff? Considering womens' greater ability in having multiple orgasms I'd have thought the reverse would have been more practical.

This whole topic makes me want to puke really.

In any case, getting back to the salaams offered by the OP, alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. Now that's one thing good about Islam that I remember. If someone greets you, you're meant to greet them with a better greeting than the one they greeted you with.  Smiley

The language of the mob was only the language of public opinion cleansed of hypocrisy and restraint - Hannah Arendt.
     Reply #303 - June 19, 2010, 12:10 PM

There are many, many rulings that you won't find in either the Quran or the Hadith.

I know that, but don't you think Allah left out some pretty important stuff? I mean whether to turn female captives into sex slaves or not is the sort of thing you might think would be under "Basic Guidance 101" if you're writing a book for a culture that practices raiding and slavery.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #304 - June 19, 2010, 12:12 PM

I really don't know... besides, I alreay mentioned and explained another source: Taziz (which I find exceptionally disturbing)

You don't know but I bet you can guess: war captives.  Come on Debunker, that has always been one of the main sources of slaves in all cultures throughout history. To pretend that Islam is dfferent, and to pretend it without any evidence at all, just doesn't make sense.

true, and that's actually what i used to think too. But given that the slaves, in Islam, weren't completely deprived of all rights, like, for example, a slave had the right to work to free himself, then maybe, just maybe, slave women had the right to refuse sex.

And maybe, just maybe, little pigs can fly if they flap their ears hard enough.

Reply #305 - June 19, 2010, 12:23 PM

@ Oz

ok, let me start with this quote above. According to Quran, if a slave wanted to write a contract of emancipation then the owner should do it (Sura Nour:33). So this is evidence that slaves do actually have some rights, but strictly speaking, there's no evidence for the case of consenting slave girls.

But wen I read this, for example,
    Bukhari:
    "Rawh narrated from Ibn Jurayj: `I said to `Ata', "If I know that my servant has money, is it obligatory for me to write him a contract of emancipation." He said, "I do not think it can be anything but obligatory." `Amr bin Dinar said: "I said to `Ata', `Are you narrating this from anybody' He said, `No,' then he told me that Musa bin Anas told him that Sirin, who had a lot of money, asked Anas for a contract of emancipation and he refused. So he went to `Umar (bin Al-Khattab), may Allah be pleased with him, and he said, `Write it for him.' He refused, so `Umar hit him with his whip and recited, (give them such writing, if you find that there is good and honesty in them.) Then he wrote the contract."

So Umar even hit the companion for refusing to write an emancipation contract with his slave... I would think, maybe slave girls had some similar rights... but of course, I can't be sure.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #306 - June 19, 2010, 12:30 PM

You don't know but I bet you can guess: war captives.  Come on Debunker, that has always been one of the main sources of slaves in all cultures throughout history. To pretend that Islam is dfferent, and to pretend it without any evidence at all, just doesn't make sense.

I already mentioned Taziz (women coming to the *battlefield* to incite their men to fight fiercer), which is extremely disturbing (not letting them go free after winning the battle).

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #307 - June 19, 2010, 12:32 PM

Be a man, face your fears and say it. I have done it and so can you.

I will not leave you alone until you say this my friend:

"There is no verse that DIRECTLY says do not take slaves. Whether combatants or non-combatants."

If you can't, I will settle for this:

"I'm a coward."

Meh.  Let it be.  Let him live in accordance with his ancient superstitous rituals, the tribe in Bungo Bongolong manage it happily too, so why cant he?   At least he is not hurting anyone.

Let him do salat 5 times a day, avoid certain food & drinks, go to the mosque regularly and live in a certain pre-prescribed way.

He's not fooling you, the only person that he is fooling is himself.  

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #308 - June 19, 2010, 12:32 PM

I know that, but don't you think Allah left out some pretty important stuff? I mean whether to turn female captives into sex slaves or not is the sort of thing you might think would be under "Basic Guidance 101" if you're writing a book for a culture that practices raiding and slavery.

As far as I'm concerned, the verses i mentioned (about paying pagan men) are enough. Also, the example I believe was the true example of Islamic conquest was the pact of Umar (no rape, no pillage).

Reply #309 - June 19, 2010, 12:33 PM

Meh.  Let it be.  Let him live in accordance with his ancient superstitous rituals, the tribe in Bungo Bongolong manage it happily too, so why cant he?   At least he is not hurting anyone.

Let him do salat 5 times a day, avoid certain food & drinks, go to the mosque regularly and live in a certain pre-prescribed way.

correction, I rarely go to the mosque, not even on Fridays.

Reply #310 - June 19, 2010, 12:37 PM

i think if you already have a negative veiw of Islam then your opinions regarding these points would be negative. If you are a Muslim or are less skeptical of Islam you might have a different take. but to be honest i don't think there's any real way of knowing what was actually the case. I would however just point out the following verse which orders Muslims to treat slaves with kindness and even mentions them in the same breath as ones own parents:

“Serve Allâh, and join not any partners with Him; and do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbors who are of kin, neighbors who are strangers, the companions by your side, the wayfarer (you meet), and what your right hands possess: for Allâh loves not the arrogant, vainglorious.”   (4:36)

i'm not sure doing good to female slaves would have included raping them - although evryone is free to form their own opinion

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #311 - June 19, 2010, 12:38 PM

correction, I rarely go to the mosque, not even on Fridays.

Amended for you.

Let him do salat 5 times a day, avoid certain food & drinks, fast during the month of ramadhan, and live in a certain pre-prescribed way.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #312 - June 19, 2010, 12:39 PM

i think if you already have a negative veiw of Islam then your opinions regarding these points would be negative. If you are a Muslim or are less skeptical of Islam you might have a different take. but to be honest i don't think there's any real way of knowing what was actually the case. I would however just point out the following verse which orders Muslims to treat slaves with kindness and even mentions them in the same breath as ones own parents:

“Serve Allâh, and join not any partners with Him; and do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbors who are of kin, neighbors who are strangers, the companions by your side, the wayfarer (you meet), and what your right hands possess: for Allâh loves not the arrogant, vainglorious.”   (4:36)

i'm not sure doing good to female slaves would have included raping them - although evryone is free to form their own opinion

My, My, look who couldnt help themselves but join into the fray.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #313 - June 19, 2010, 12:42 PM

hehe - it's a one-off

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #314 - June 19, 2010, 12:43 PM

My, My, look who couldnt help themselves but join into the fray.

LOOOL! I love Abu! He's still holding on...

Reply #315 - June 19, 2010, 12:58 PM

I already mentioned Taziz (women coming to the *battlefield* to incite their men to fight fiercer), which is extremely disturbing (not letting them go free after winning the battle).

Yes but I'm not talking about taziz and you know it. Wink

As far as I'm concerned, the verses i mentioned (about paying pagan men) are enough. Also, the example I believe was the true example of Islamic conquest was the pact of Umar (no rape, no pillage).

The verses you mentioned would be enough if you were desperately looking for such a prohibition. They wouldn't even register otherwise. I can say this with confidence because we know from history that they didn't register in the way you say they were intended. In other words, as I said, Allah left out some pretty important stuff. He may be the best of deceivers but he doesn't appear to be the best of authors.

Reply #316 - June 19, 2010, 01:38 PM

popcorn   popcorn   popcorn

On of the most fun threads to read and enjoy popcorn.... No no I am actually, literally having popcorn now. Go on continue please. Especially, BD and Deb!  Cheesy

Reply #317 - June 19, 2010, 02:35 PM

Lets put the haram artwork aside for a minute.  I have a test question for everyone (you too rasheed lol)
    1) WHAT did momo have hanging on his wall as a decoration?   dance  2)  why?   whistling2

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #318 - June 19, 2010, 03:20 PM

Are you a Christian Paloma?

No.

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #319 - June 19, 2010, 03:23 PM

Lets put the haram artwork aside for a minute.  I have a test question for everyone (you too rasheed lol)
    1) WHAT did momo have hanging on his wall as a decoration?   dance  2)  why?   whistling2

Dunno  Huh?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #320 - June 19, 2010, 03:29 PM

I know Aisha had a curtain with a picture of a bird on it.

Muslim has also reported from 'Aisha that she said, "We had a curtain with the figure of a bird on it. When the Messenger of Allah (peace be on him) entered the house, he saw it right in front of him and he said, 'Remove it from here. When I enter and see it, I am reminded of this world.' "

(from the Lawful & Prohibited by Qaradawi.)

Every Muslim I knew had a copy.

The language of the mob was only the language of public opinion cleansed of hypocrisy and restraint - Hannah Arendt.
     Reply #321 - June 19, 2010, 03:29 PM

but hey, if Muslims, according to Quran, were ordered to recompensate the PAGAN husbands for the money they paid as dowry to their women who then escaped to Medina, then it only makes sense Muslims weren't allowed to rape the wives of of PAGAN husbands! It's only common sense!  

Ok assuming this is common sense...how can we use what happened during the Meccan phase to derive a ruling? especially when events that contradict this happened during the medinan phase?

We have to look at the final product...It would be like saying there is no jihad in Islam because any kind of fighting was prohibited during the meccan phase.

It would be like using the verse

"O ye who believe! Approach not prayers with a mind befogged, until ye can understand all that ye say, ..." (4:43)

to say that Muslims are allowed to drink alchohol as long as it wasn't during prayers.

There are many, many rulings that you won't find in either the Quran or the Hadith.

I agree totally. But when someone shows you a ruling you don't like you accuse the person who made the ruling of "having a peanut sized brain"

If a hadith doesn't fall in line with your way of thinking you dismiss it as a lie.

You have some really interesting views but what you are saying amounts to this....

"All the muslims in history have misunderstood the religion and were doing it wrong. I'm the only one who understands it properly."

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #322 - June 19, 2010, 04:17 PM

I'm floored. Your argument is damning. I hang my head in shame.

In my opinion, slavery is evil, it is immoral to rape slaves, and people should defend their own claims, but I acknowledge that others may disagree, which would be completely valid.

Did I do it better this time?   grin12

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #323 - June 19, 2010, 04:41 PM

hey the qran says it, so it must be right, right?  Women are "equal" my ass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWGA8i6scYY&feature=player_embedded

also, check out this website, where a 17 year old girl is beaten live footage) for
    "supposedly" having an affair.
    http://islammonitor.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2244&Itemid=94

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #324 - June 19, 2010, 05:14 PM

Then the Quran isn't much better than the Bible when it comes to slavery.

Or, can you point me to the verse that I'm looking for?
     Reply #325 - June 19, 2010, 05:20 PM

(from the Lawful & Prohibited by Qaradawi.)

Every Muslim I knew had a copy.

Every Muslim I know (including myself) never heard of it. We know Qaradawi is a weasel. He is religious for the money. It is a job.

Reply #326 - June 19, 2010, 05:25 PM

LOOOL! I love Abu! He's still holding on...

And so are you. Refusing to comment on my posts because you know deep inside you're disturbed this verse doesn't exist. I can of course go around with a signature, paraphrasing you. But that would be an assholish thing to do. I just wish you had the honesty to stand up for your beliefs. Or let them go.

This argument has nothing to do with the existence of God. It's dealing with an All Merciful God, the Creator God, the Omniscient God forgetting to put a verse regarding one of the most abhorrent acts in human history. He didn't mention rape either. He didn't say do NOT rape.

Why?

How can I have as a feeble being have more morals and insight than an All Merciful God, it's illogical. So, I am not sure this book comes from Him.  

In this book He rails HARD and OFTEN against SHIRK. He prohibits Usury, Wine, Pig. He changes the Qibla, he changes the status of marrying your adopted son's ex-wife. But leaves out Slavery.

So it is practiced by the "best" of people (Christians and Muslims) until recently. How many millions were not enslaved? How many died because of this command was not strictly forbidden? How many women were raped because their masters felt it was within their right to have sex with them. How many beaten? Down-trodden? Punished when they tried to escape? Executed when they tried to defend themselves. All this blood is on the hands of this God. It's dripping from the crooked spine of these two holy books. Or perhaps, perhaps, this God, same God of the Bible and the Quran, since Slavery is not strictly forbidden in either book doesn't mind Slavery?

Then I am going to hell. Because there is no way I can change my stance on slavery. I feel its repugnant to own another human being, no matter how kindly I treat them. And please do not compare it to a prisoner or a hostage in a war.

Have the balls to stand up for your beliefs. If God has not put this verse here, then say it. You have answered everybody else but not me. Even though I have spoken to you in a polite manner.
     Reply #327 - June 19, 2010, 05:32 PM

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/03/

Helen Keller
     Reply #328 - June 19, 2010, 05:36 PM

Sorry but I don't get it? How is that relevant to the discussion at hand?

Reply #329 - June 19, 2010, 05:37 PM

@ DD

Ok assuming this is common sense...how can we use what happened during the Meccan phase to derive a ruling? especially when events that contradict this happened during the medinan phase?

We have to look at the final product...It would be like saying there is no jihad in Islam because any kind of fighting was prohibited during the meccan phase.

It would be like using the verse

"O ye who believe! Approach not prayers with a mind befogged, until ye can understand all that ye say, ..." (4:43)

to say that Muslims are allowed to drink alchohol as long as it wasn't during prayers.

It appears you did NOT read the verses I listed, nor did you read the conversation from the beginning. No matter, could you please tell me, how would Muslim women running away from their PAGAN husbands seek refuge with Muslims, without Muslims having their own place of refuge? Clearly the verses were revealed in MEDINA! Muslim women were leaving their PAGAN husbands and seeking refuge in Medina. Now, the least I would expect from a God who allows enslaving non-combatants is to order the Muslims to ignore the pagan husbands and laugh at them... Instead, God ordered them to pay them back, to recompensate them, to give money to pagan ex-husbands since they lost their wives to Islam. If God wouldn't even so much as allow Muslims to marry fleeing, willing women, without recompensating their husbands, how would He allow Muslims to sleep with non-combatants.

By the way, I did discuss these verses with some *slavery-happy Muslims* and they got really upset, because it contradicts some other Hadith/historical accounts... I also did show them the pact of Umar (posted a few pages back).. I also shown them what Abu Bakr said when he conqured Syria:

In the land you will invade kill neither the aged, nor the little child, nor the woman. Do not force the stylite from his high perch and do not harass the solitary. They have devoted themselves to the service of God. Do not cut down any fruit-tree, neither damage any crop, neither maim any domestic animal, large or small. Wherever you are welcomed by a city or a people, make a solemn pact with them and give them reliable guarantees that they will be ruled according to their laws and according to the practices which obtained among them before our time. They will contract with you to pay in tribute whatever sum shall be settled between you, then they will be left alone in their confession and in their country. But as for those who do not welcome you, make war on them. Be careful to abide by all the just laws and commandments which have been given to you by God through our prophet, lest you excite the wrath of God.

That was all very depressing to those Muslims I was discussing these things with, in the end, of course, being the self-deifying thugs that they are, they chose the other contradicory accounts because it nurtures their false sense of superamacy.  

I agree totally. But when someone shows you a ruling you don't like you accuse the person who made the ruling of "having a peanut sized brain"

If a hadith doesn't fall in line with your way of thinking you dismiss it as a lie.

You have some really interesting views but what you are saying amounts to this....

"All the muslims in history have misunderstood the religion and were doing it wrong. I'm the only one who understands it properly."

Are you referring to the other thread? where I shown you a verse that says Muslims shouldn't kill those who mock the Quran, only stay away from them until they change the subject (a Medinan verse)? Why are you brininging this here?

Anyway, if you have two sources of information: Source A says kill those who insult Islam! Source B says just stay away from them until they hange the subject... which one would you pick? It depends on your biases, right? Same with me... I'm inclined to believe Source B, especially that Source B, not only maches my bias, it is also the Quranic source on this. But then again, if there are fanatics, self-worshipping Muslims (or non-Muslims) who prefer Source A, then so be it, everyone is entitled to their own biases, but it's kind of weird to expect me that I'd go with Source A just because you believe it's the proper ruling on this when Source B contradicts it completely and there is really no reason to believe A is more authentic than B (will, in fact, the Quran takes precednce over any other source, but hey, I won't even hold that against anyone who chooses source A).

As for Muslims being somehow united on choosing Source A, so what? Many wrongs don't make a right (6:116). If it helps inflate their fucking ego, so be it, as long as they don't impose their crazy views upon me.

• Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 13 ... 61 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »